Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
History of Magic III (1/5) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:55 pm
~New Year~

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:56 pm
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Grayson Powell
History of Magic Professor
Former Ravenclaw

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Now where did I put that wand?

Grayson lowered his book as students started to enter the class. He looked over them all, curious as to how they would take the class. On one hand, there were those that found the class to be quite boring, and on the other hand, there were those that found, like himself, that history was full of intrigue, if they looked through it properly. At least that was how he viewed it. More than likely, the majority would find this class boring and move on, but he hoped that there were a few that he'd be able spark a bit of interest in the subject.

He stood, placing the book he'd been reading down.
"Hello class, and welcome back to History of Magic. As you all have had an entire summer to empty your heads of all that you may have learned over the last year, as well as give me a good chance to refresh your knowledge, today we will review what you have learned in the subject over the last year, before we go on to this year's topics. Please answer one at a time, and only cover one topic. That way, we can hopefully get everyone's participation in the class."

----------------------------------
State: Teaching
OOC: ...

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:11 am
User Image
User Image

With a smile, along with a bit of a hop to her step, Tristain swept directly to her seat, taking out her notebook and a fresh quill as soon as she did so.

When Professor Powell requested a topic from last year's course material, the Ravenclaw dove back in time for a moment, trying to choose her favorite of them all.
"We learned about Beedle the Bard last year, Professor."

Her voice was so light that it almost seemed to float over the classroom rather than echo, and her deep blue eyes looked eagerly about her, trying to guess who would offer the next topic.

User Image
"Love to faults is always blind, always is to joy inclined.
Lawless, winged, and unconfined, and breaks all chains from every mind."

- William Shakespeare
User Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:21 pm
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Grayson Powell
Former Ravenclaw

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Grayson walked into the classroom, looked around to see that everything was ready, and picked up a piece of chalk. He wrote on the chalkboard, and when finished, turned to regard the class as a whole.

Professor Powell
Muggle Witch Burnings

"Hello class. Last time, we went over the subjects you studied last year to refresh any knowledge you may have lost over the summer. Today, we are going to go ahead and study the witch burnings of the 1600's.

"Now, as you are very well aware, muggles nowadays don't know about the wizarding world, due to either ignoring magic when they see it or passing it off as merely fantasy for children. However, that was not always the case. The International Statute of Secrecy was only enacted relatively recently within the last several centuries, which of course hides magic from the rest of the world.

"However, wizards and muggles did coexist at some point. For the greater bit of history, they worked together. However, at some point muggles began to distrust wizards, and some even began to fear them. It culminated into the infamous witch burnings that basically ran like wildfire across the world.

"The witch burnings weren't specific in who they targeted. Mostly, they actually persecuted other muggles who they believed to be a witch. Unfortunately, that wasn't always the case. Many of the witches and wizards they grabbed were muggleborn, and they were unfortunate in that most of the time when they were captured, it was due to uncontrollable acts of random magic they had performed.

"Contrary to the name, burning wasn't the only way they got rid of witches. Stoning, throwing them off cliffs, and even drownings were also considered to be acceptable ways to get rid of witches. Most witches and wizards who were caught actually didn't die, as they were able to cast some form of magic to get them out of the situation. One witch in particular found it quite fun to get caught. Wendolyn the Weird actually was caught a grand total of forty-seven times, mostly in different guises, because she found that the tickling sensation of casting a fire-freezing charm was actually enjoyable."

He sat at the edge of his desk as he regarded the class with a bit of a grin. "As I'm sure you have questions, please feel free to ask them, or if you wish to discuss it, that's perfectly fine too."

OOC: Um, yeah, family issues came up. Sorry this post is so late, and sorry I didn't reply to anyone. >_<;

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:45 pm
User Image
User Image

Tristain sat down at the front of the classroom, her fingers digging through her bag, eagerly seeking her class notebook. She nearly tipped over her ink jar in excitement, and her new quill was snapped in half as she accidentally sat on it in her hurry. Being a half-blood, topics in school that included both wizards and muggles excited Tristain the most, and though she already knew a fair amount about the infamous witch burnings, she let her quill dive into her notebook anyway as the teacher began the lecture.

User Image
"Love to faults is always blind, always is to joy inclined.
Lawless, winged, and unconfined, and breaks all chains from every mind."

- William Shakespeare
User Image

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:27 am
~New Year~

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:28 am
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Grayson Powell
Former Ravenclaw

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Grayson lowered his book as students started to enter the class. He looked over them all, curious as to how they would take the class. On one hand, there were those that found the class to be quite boring, and on the other hand, there were those that found, like himself, that history was full of intrigue, if they looked through it properly. At least that was how he viewed it. More than likely, the majority would find this class boring and move on, but he hoped that there were a few that he'd be able spark a bit of interest in the subject.

He stood, placing the book he'd been reading down.
"Hello class, and welcome back to History of Magic. As you all have had an entire summer to empty your heads of all that you may have learned over the last year, as well as give me a good chance to refresh your knowledge, today we will review what you have learned in the subject over the last year, before we go on to this year's topics. Please answer one at a time, and only cover one topic. That way, we can hopefully get everyone's participation in the class."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:07 pm
Chase Henrick User Image
Ravenclaw : Third Year : Chaser
User Image

How interesting, the professor seemed to assume that the materials went in through one ear and came right back out through the other. Not en entirely false assumption though. Except, it didn't apply to those overachievers who reviewed the materials learned during the previous year to ensure that the knowledge is forever burned into their brains. Chase was one of them, or at least, he hoped so.

He looked around the classroom, then raised his hand. "We covered the Deathly Hallows last year," he stated. "The wand, the cloak, and the stone, supposedly created by Death himself." Chase wasn't entirely sure whether Professor Powell wanted a tiny bit of detail or a gigantic batch of it.

User Image

"The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being.
His heart withers if it does not answer another heart.
His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration."
- Pearl S. Buck

User Image

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:40 pm
User Image
I'm not afraid of anything
I just need to know that I can breathe
I don't need much of anything
But suddenly, suddenly

I am small and the world is big
All around me is fast moving
Surrounded by so many things
But suddenly, suddenly

eather tevia awthorn
Single | Hufflepuff | Third Year | Beater | Halfblood

Would you comfort me? Would you cry with me?

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Heather walked into the classroom, clutching her books to her chest and looking around. She had missed this class over the summer, surprisingly. Nodding a greeting to Professor Powell, Heather took a seat and thought about what she had learned last term. Her hand shot into the air. "We talked about the history of the Olivander family, Professor." she stated. Her answer was as "in-depth" as Chase's was, but it still worked, in her opinion. The subject of wands had interested her last term, which lead her to do a little more research on it over the summer break.

Wearing
{OOC:}

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

I'm young, and I am free
But I get tired, and I get weak
I get lost, and I can't sleep
But suddenly, suddenly

How does it feel, to be different from me?
Are we the same?
How does it feel, to be different from me?
Are we the same?
How does it feel?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:19 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Shina Kiremono~Third Year~Ravenclaw

User Image

Slipping into her seat, Shina set out both a fresh notebook, and a summary of her notes from last year. When the teacher asked for a recap, she smiled and raised her hand. The professor had recapped last year too. "We also discussed the works of Beedle the Bard," Shina added. She didn't elaborate, leaving room for someone else to do so.

User Image
((OOC: ... ))

Wearing

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:12 am
User Image

± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ±
Eretria Whitethorne
Third Year - Slytherin
± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ±

Eretria entered the classroom and sat down. She listened to the professor give his usual review of the previous year, and had to suppress the urge to yawn. It seemed he was bound and determined to keep this up, and she wondered at exactly how long she would have to endure reviews at the beginning of each lesson.

State: Bored

Let's see what I can make of this...  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:23 pm
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Katrina Varren

Third Year Hufflepuff
╚══════════════╝

Where am I? History of Magic
What am I doing? Class time.
What am I thinking? Yay! Class time!

Katrina entered the classroom and found a seat with one next to it open, which she saved for Ariana. She took out her notebook and her self-inking quill and dated the page. She smiled at the Professor. "Hello Professor Powell. How was your summer?" she asked, smiling brightly.

Out of Character ...

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:51 pm

Ariana Hawthorne
Third Year: Hufflepuff Seeker

User Image

Ariana walked into the classroom. History, how boring, she thought as she placed her bag on the floor next to the desk she chose to sit in. At least this was the last class of the day.

§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.
wearing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:06 pm
User Image
Amanda Davis
Third Year: Slytherin Chaser

Amanda walked into the classroom. She still remembered her first History of Magic lesson that turned into an argument between her and another student, then a majority of her classmates got involved. Since that day, she thought Professor Powell disliked her. The girl sat down next to Eretria, but she didn't say anything because the professor began to speak.

You Touch Me..
I break you.
wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:06 am
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Grayson Powell
Former Ravenclaw

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Grayson walked into the classroom, looked around to see that everything was ready, and picked up a piece of chalk. He wrote on the chalkboard, and when finished, turned to regard the class as a whole.

Professor Powell
Muggle Witch Burnings

"Hello class. Last time, we went over the subjects you studied last year to refresh any knowledge you may have lost over the summer. Today, we are going to go ahead and study the witch burnings of the 1600's.

"Now, as you are very well aware, muggles nowadays don't know about the wizarding world, due to either ignoring magic when they see it or passing it off as merely fantasy for children. However, that was not always the case. The International Statute of Secrecy was only enacted relatively recently within the last several centuries, which of course hides magic from the rest of the world.

"However, wizards and muggles did coexist at some point. For the greater bit of history, they worked together. However, at some point muggles began to distrust wizards, and some even began to fear them. It culminated into the infamous witch burnings that basically ran like wildfire across the world.

"The witch burnings weren't specific in who they targeted. Mostly, they actually persecuted other muggles who they believed to be a witch. Unfortunately, that wasn't always the case. Many of the witches and wizards they grabbed were muggleborn, and they were unfortunate in that most of the time when they were captured, it was due to uncontrollable acts of random magic they had performed.

"Contrary to the name, burning wasn't the only way they got rid of witches. Stoning, throwing them off cliffs, and even drownings were also considered to be acceptable ways to get rid of witches. Most witches and wizards who were caught actually didn't die, as they were able to cast some form of magic to get them out of the situation. One witch in particular found it quite fun to get caught. Wendolyn the Weird actually was caught a grand total of forty-seven times, mostly in different guises, because she found that the tickling sensation of casting a fire-freezing charm was actually enjoyable."

He sat at the edge of his desk as he regarded the class with a bit of a grin. "As I'm sure you have questions, please feel free to ask them, or if you wish to discuss it, that's perfectly fine too."

OOC: No, Powell doesn't hate Amanda, he just hated the argument that broke out because she answered his question truthfully.

Third Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces