Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Fourth Year Classes
History of Magic IV (1/4) *New Class 8/26* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:24 am
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold
User Image

Fourth Year, Slytherin Seeker
╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════════════════════════╗

History had always been a boring class for her, no matter how excited or enthralling the professor might have seemed. It just couldn’t feign the fact that the history was the past, and she, was simply waiting for the future. That had always been her outlook on life, there were, of course, the few exceptions—but vengeance had always called for exceptions, it was the Rich way. Smiling, musing to her thoughts, Belle hummed a soft song under her tongue as she took her usual seat beside Devin and began to flip through the pages of her textbook. Lost in a dream world, Belle perched her chin atop the palm of her hand as she fiddled with a quill between her fingers.

Desires: Perfection
Troubles: Patience

╚════════════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:59 am
Jasmine Acacia
Fourth Year Keeper
User Image

║▌│█│║▌║││█ ▌█ ▌█ ▌ ║▌│█│║

Jasmine wondered where everyone was as she entered the classroom. It seemed like there were more people last year. Of course, history wasn't exactly an area of interest for most people. Although, the Slytherin had taken an interest in it last year, if only for a little while.

║▌│█│║▌║││█ ▌█ ▌█ ▌ ║▌│█│║

"Grief is not as heavy as guilt,
but it takes more away from you."

User Image

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:28 pm
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Grayson Powell
History of Magic Professor
Former Ravenclaw

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Now where did I put that wand?

Grayson walked into the classroom, ready for another day of class to start. Taking a piece of chalk, he quickly wrote on the board. He then turned to face the class.

Professor Powell
Ancient Egypt and Greece

"Today, we're going to be examining the ancient cultures of Greece and Egypt, and how they used magic. Specifically, we're going to be focusing on several points in ancient history to really get a feel for how they must have interacted with not only the world, but also with Muggles.

"In truth, ancient wizards and witches worked together with muggles, and muggles didn't fear them. Wizards were held in high esteem in that time period, and evidence can be found throughout the ancient world of interaction between the two groups. This particular piece,"
he said, gesturing to the stone tablet that was displayed, "is actually a replica of another tablet that had to be removed from a dig site, as it clearly demonstrated several instances of real magic being performed, such as the curse that was placed on the tomb that this tablet came from.

"There were several notable wizards and witches during this time. Circe was a Greek witch that specialized in transfiguration, and was well-known both in the wizarding world as well as in the muggle community for turning sailors into pigs. There was another named Andros the Invincible, who was well-known for producing a patronus the size of a giant, for which he gained his title. There was also Mopsus, who was a Seer and defeated his rival in a competition of their powers.

"Most wizards and witches worked with muggles on numerous occasions. In Egypt, you can see the evidence for it in the tombs of rulers, as evidence of skeletons warped by magic have survived. These individuals probably ran across the curses ancient wizards placed to protect such sights from graverobbers."

Grayson looked around the room, studying each student before continuing. "Please feel free to ask any questions, or to make any comments. While I know that everyone here might not be interested, at least some of you might be."

----------------------------------
State: Teaching
OOC: Um, yeah, family issues came up. Sorry this post is so late, and sorry I didn't reply to anyone. >_<;

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:48 am
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold
User Image

Fourth Year, Slytherin Seeker
╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════════════════════════╗

While history was never exactly her favorite class, she couldn’t deny that it had its merits. With history, she would be able to study every famous duel and battle, evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of each clear victor and victim and apply it to her own vices. If there was anything the young Slytherin Seeker had loved more than quidditch, it was dueling.

Moderately enticed by the Greeks and their fables, she flipped the pages of her textbook until she found the section dedicated to Circe. But as the professor carried on explaining more famous figures, she suddenly found herself with her mouth agape and her eyes bright curious crystalline gems. She had heard the name Mopsus before and, fairly recently at that. Tilting her head to the side, she struggled to try and think of where she had heard the name, or whose voice had ushered it.

Desires: Perfection
Troubles: Patience

╚════════════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

User Image

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:34 am
~New Year~

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:35 am
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Grayson Powell
Former Ravenclaw

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Grayson, unlike last year, was actually prepared to lecture when the students entered the classroom. He was seated behind his desk, but as people filed in, he stood and walked in front of it to stand before them all. He waited until the last of the students found their seats before speaking.

"Hello class, and welcome back to History of Magic. Today, I figured we could review what was learned in the last class as a refresher for those that may need it. After all, an entire summer has passed, which means you might have had time to forget some of what you may have learned. Please answer one at a time and cover one topic each. That way, hopefully everyone will get a chance to answer and participate."

State: Expectant
OOC: ...

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Grim Vanity

Tipsy Lover

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:40 pm
RILEY J CREVAN

FOURTH YEAR

RAVENCLAW

User Image

User Image
Riley tried looking alert as she entered the class but even just thinking about the class made her want to go take a nap. She picked a seat near the front, knowing that it would help her pay more attention. When asked to repeat a topic they had learned last year Riley slowly raised her hand. "I believe we learned about muggle witch burnings." She said softly.
User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:26 am
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Grayson Powell
Former Ravenclaw

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Grayson walked into the classroom, ready for another day of class to start. Taking a piece of chalk, he quickly wrote on the board. He then turned to face the class.

Professor Powell
Ancient Egypt and Greece

"Today, we're going to be examining the ancient cultures of Greece and Egypt, and how they used magic. Specifically, we're going to be focusing on several points in ancient history to really get a feel for how they must have interacted with not only the world, but also with Muggles.

"In truth, ancient wizards and witches worked together with muggles, and muggles didn't fear them. Wizards were held in high esteem in that time period, and evidence can be found throughout the ancient world of interaction between the two groups. This particular piece,"
he said, gesturing to the stone tablet that was displayed, "is actually a replica of another tablet that had to be removed from a dig site, as it clearly demonstrated several instances of real magic being performed, such as the curse that was placed on the tomb that this tablet came from.

"There were several notable wizards and witches during this time. Circe was a Greek witch that specialized in transfiguration, and was well-known both in the wizarding world as well as in the muggle community for turning sailors into pigs. There was another named Andros the Invincible, who was well-known for producing a patronus the size of a giant, for which he gained his title. There was also Mopsus, who was a Seer and defeated his rival in a competition of their powers.

"Most wizards and witches worked with muggles on numerous occasions. In Egypt, you can see the evidence for it in the tombs of rulers, as evidence of skeletons warped by magic have survived. These individuals probably ran across the curses ancient wizards placed to protect such sights from graverobbers."

Grayson looked around the room, studying each student before continuing. "Please feel free to ask any questions, or to make any comments. While I know that everyone here might not be interested, at least some of you might be."

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:16 pm
Jayden Michael Cloud
User Image

Mood: Irritated
What I am doing: Nothing
What I want to be doing: Who cares?

Jay walked into class, sat down, and started to take notes on whayever Professor Powell was talking about. He wrote down things, but his head wasn't in it. He didn't like this class either. He wasn't too fond of the teacher in a whole.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:05 pm
RILEY J CREVAN

FOURTH YEAR

RAVENCLAW

User Image

User Image
Riley entered the classroom and picked a seat hoping she'd be able to stay awake. Surprisingly she did. Today's lesson was actually interesting and she even found herself smiling a bit while she took notes. Perhaps this class wouldn't be so bad this year.
User Image

User Image

Grim Vanity

Tipsy Lover

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:58 am
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Grayson Powell
Former Ravenclaw

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Grayson walked into the classroom with a bit of a hop in his step. He was definitely getting used to teaching, and save for the occasional hiccup, the job was going fairly well. He picked up a piece of chalk and quickly wrote the topic of the day on the board before turning to look at the rest of the class.

Professor Powell
Herpo the Foul

"Hello class. Today we're going to be talking about Herpo the Foul. A most interesting fellow, I'm sure, especially since there's not much on him besides his accomplishments, which leads to speculation as to what else he may have done in his lifetime."

"Herpo the Foul was an Ancient Greek Dark Wizard. He is one of the earliest known Dark Wizards and his work is still a lasting aspect of dark magic to date. He is best known as the first wizard to hatch a Basilisk. He is reputed to have invented many vile curses and was also the first wizard known to successfully create a Horcrux, perhaps having designed the ritual himself. Accordingly, he must have committed murder to split his soul. He is one of the earliest known Parselmouths.

"Now know that's not much to go on about him, but it is interesting to note that as one of the earliest known Dark Wizards, he has attributes today can be reflected as pertaining to dark magic. His abilities as a parselmouth is a good example, as well as the fact he is the originator of the basilisk. Both are traits that seem to be common with Dark Wizards and Witches today. If this conjecture were to hold true, that would suggest that all Parselmouths would be involved in the Dark Arts, which isn't necessarily true. If there are any questions, please feel free to ask, though in this case, there is one that I will not answer, since even I don't know the answer to that."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:53 pm
RILEY J CREVAN

FOURTH YEAR

RAVENCLAW

User Image

User Image
Riley sat in history and dutifully took notes. This was a particularly interesting lesson. This Herpo fellow sounded like quite the wizard. Though she was curious about how, aside from his accomplishments, he could remain so unknown. Surely someone had to have been interested in something about him other than his work, right? But that was a very long time ago. Everything was probably lost or ruined. Or perhaps it was a pseudonym? Something to keep himself anonymous from unwanted bothers. Something like that could worked back then and wouldn't require much effort at all. She was caught in deep concentration and forgot her question for the professor.
User Image

User Image

Grim Vanity

Tipsy Lover

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:44 am
~New Year~

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:45 am
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Grayson Powell
Former Ravenclaw

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Grayson, unlike last year, was actually prepared to lecture when the students entered the classroom. He was seated behind his desk, but as people filed in, he stood and walked in front of it to stand before them all. He waited until the last of the students found their seats before speaking.

"Hello class, and welcome back to History of Magic. Today, I figured we could review what was learned in the last class as a refresher for those that may need it. After all, an entire summer has passed, which means you might have had time to forget some of what you may have learned. Please answer one at a time and cover one topic each. That way, hopefully everyone will get a chance to answer and participate."

State: Expectant

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
Fourth Year Classes