Welcome to Gaia! ::

Circle of Nine

Back to Guilds

A tightly-wound RPing haven for the Guardians of the True Role-Play...the Circle of Nine! 

Tags: small, friendly, literate, awesome, pie=good 

Reply Role-Playing--Elite
Within These Walls ((Open 9/28/12)) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silas Parrish
Captain

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:47 pm
((there are no guards or staff of any sort. I should have mentioned this before, but the asylum has been abandoned for some years, and no one could get inside at all.))  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:56 pm
Dæmon was farther into the asylum on a search for some tidbit of information or another, he had forgotten halfway through his walk either way and was now just out to clear his head. Once he heard the heavy locks of the gates fall however, he decided to walk back to the entrance near which he noticed many more people than he last remembered. Dæmon proceeded to walk by them with a smile on his face so as to not attract too much attention, although it was difficult considering his height. In any case, he continued past them to the gate and shook it softly then with more intent to open it.

After a second he looked back at the group and returned his attention to the door. Dæmon prepped a a punch and followed through with it, knocking the wood of the door, leaving it resonating a bit and then calming down. A quick grasp at his hand gave him time to realize that he needed to pull out his equipment: one of two brass knuckles. He gave the door another punch, but the wood held firm. He replaced the brass knuckles and turned to the others. "I think it's locked." His voice was low and calmed, an attempt at not arousing anyone's suspicions.  

Orcus Fieres
Crew

Aged Genius

3,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Wall Street 200

Silas Parrish
Captain

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:00 pm
Tobias's form emerged from the shadows cast by the decrepit sheds and surrounding monuments to a time long forgotten. He counted the heads he could see at the gate, and took note of a Giant attempting to smash his way back through.

"It's just a feeling that I have, but I don't think that that gate will open for you, me, or anyone else here. Something won't let us out, as I believe...am I alone in thinking this way?" His hand went to his quiver, as the sounds of something dragging, scraping, and crying out in the distance filled his ears. The atmosphere alone lent much to the legends of the asylum.  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:59 pm
Eve whipped around in surprise as the gates slammed shut with a deafening clang. The horses attempted to bolt, but their riders soothed them with soft pats and whispered words of reassurance.
"Well... That's not good," Feylan muttered, eyeing the substantial gate.
The little company were in for another shock as a Giant lumbered past and began rattling then beating the solid blockade.
"Um, excuse me?" Eve began timidly, cautiously approaching the Giant and flinching involuntarily as each of his blows landed on the gates. She had never before seen a Giant and was unsure if he was friendly or dangerous. Or maybe both, she thought. Nevertheless, she continued on, ignoring her .
"My companions and I have come to this place searching for someone. We had heard that these buildings were abandoned and yet here we find you. Pray tell us if you shall be our friend or our enemy."  

Chibi Kitsune Warrior
Vice Captain

Precious Treasure

12,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Silas Parrish
Captain

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:02 pm
((We'll pretend that Tobias spoke after she did, then. xd )  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:44 pm
((Well, you didn't tell me 'til afterward that he was speaking TO them and not to himself. xP))  

Chibi Kitsune Warrior
Vice Captain

Precious Treasure

12,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150

Ty Gwynnia
Crew

Beloved Dark Elf

10,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:03 pm
Shania directed a forlorn look at the closed gates as the giant pounded on it, a wave of dread coming over her. Although she hadn't known that others would come to the same, desolate place as she and Daniel, that wasn't what gave her such a bad feeling. In fact, it made her happy that they were not alone. It was the sadness that roiled in the air that set her and her mount on edge.

"No, you are not." Daniel said aloud, agreeing with one of the many strangers in the asylum yard, a man that he spotted on the edge of the crowd. And quite a sizable crowd it was. He noted that despite Shania's despair, she too was glad of the company. The more the merrier, he thought. He helped her down from his horse with an outstretched hand, a beast as brave as its master. It held its head high despite the way it flicked its tail nervously. A brief grimace flashed over the dryad's face as her bare feet touched the ground, and she steadied herself against his armored side. "This 'something' must want us here if it shut our way out."

"I second that!" Ruskie's voice piped up as he made an attempt to be heard. He raised a hand to readjust the cap taming his hair. "What about you, Knife Ears?" "Agreed" Came the muttered reply from the elf towering next to him, arms crossed over his chest.  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:01 pm
Dæmon looked down at the young lady addressing him and nodded lightly with a smile. "In want of peace I am an ally, surely." He outstretched his free hand slowly, the other holding a cane that supported him as he bent over a short ways to greet his new friend. "Dæmon Alsk; if you should want to call me by my name." His hand was rough, but clean, as if it were the hand of a labouring gentleman; a contradiction that, if any, epitomized his nature.

"And hello to you all." He looked over at the rest. Dæmon soon came to the realization that someone had already brought everyone's attention to the the grunts and moans coming from the dark. As soon as he was sure of the danger, he raised his cane as if it were a club and pulled brass knuckles from his person and onto his hand. "We might want to keep on our guard."  

Orcus Fieres
Crew

Aged Genius

3,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Wall Street 200

Silas Parrish
Captain

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:21 pm
"He's right...I can hear it getting closer," Tobias remarked. He made a mad dash for the nearest tree, and hauled himself up to the trunk's midpoint. His bow was in hand and bent within seconds. "I see them!" he called down to his new companions. "Twenty-three humanoids. Some have pointed ears, some round...but they are all equally disquieting to look upon." He regretted not having more time to devise a defensive position for each and every one of his new self-assigned charges. He knew none of them, but felt compelled to do his part to ensure their safety, since the asylum was already proving to be a formidable foe, and any allies he could make, he would.

((These are wights. Like zombies, but magical in nature. =3))  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:42 pm
Araion took note of all the newcomers then he saw them taking defensive positions, he looked to where they were looking and saw some strange creatures. He did not know what they were and they were the creepiest looking things that he has ever seen. He then took out one of his arrows, notched it on the bow then said, "Element fire." And then fired his now fire arrow at the frontrunner of the creature group and it hit the creature right in the head.

Atura still observing the group of people noticed that they were looking at something. She turned to the position and saw strange creatures. A little startled at what she was seeing but nonetheless too out some throwing knives. She was about to send a knife through the head of the forerunner of the group when she saw a arrow fly through it. She turned to where it was sent from and saw a newcomer thinking 'How did he slip in here without me noticing?' Without further thought about it she sent a knife into one of the other creatures sending it to the ground.  

Mr_BlueCamo
Crew

Chibi Kitsune Warrior
Vice Captain

Precious Treasure

12,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:12 pm
"Well met, friend Dæmon." Eve gripped the massive hand in a friendly handshake, struggling to conceal her amazement.
After the short greeting, her attention was drawn to the man standing just beyond the crowd that had seemingly appeared out of thin air around the exit to the grounds. She hadn't been able to hear the noises before, but now it was coming in clear. A sound as if a crowd of people groaning; whether from pain or something else she could not tell.
She turned and found herself face to face with the most grotesque creatures she had ever seen. Flesh hung in decaying strips from exposed bones, the eyes (when they had any) were vacant and tinged with yellow, blood and god knows what else soaked the shreds of their tattered clothing, and the smell that followed them made Eve gag.
She pulled her broadsword out of it's sheath, the blade ringing as it came free, and brought it to bear against the closest enemy. With a grunt, she thrust the blade through the chest. To her surprise the enemy continued to come on, shrugging off the blow as if it were nothing. She attacked again, this time chopping off one of the creatures limbs. Still it approached, it's other hand reaching and groping toward her.
"I... Don't think normal attacks can hurt these things!" she shouted to anyone who was listening.
In a final effort to destroy the creature, she swung with her sword yet again, this time severing the head. Eve stepped away as blood seeped from the wound and the creature's body finally fell to the ground.
"...Oh!"  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:51 am
A low swing from Dæmon's cane sent a half dozen decayed beasts back for yards. Each returned to their stances and proceeded with their walk. Dæmon's brass knuckles connected with the body of another which flew back much farther, but was still able to stand back up. A few attempted to grab at his feet, those few were promptly kicked back a ways. Only a heavy smash to the face from his cane or fist stopped them cold, but Dæmon didn't like the idea of causing so much death; the gore was getting to him. "Is there no place where we could possibly hide away?" He shook his cane around, kicking up the beasts-once-men around, awaiting a response.  

Orcus Fieres
Crew

Aged Genius

3,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Wall Street 200

Ty Gwynnia
Crew

Beloved Dark Elf

10,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:49 am
Daniel had never seen such creatures before and was horrified at their individual appearances. They seemed as corpses risen from the grave. His lips pressed into a thin line as the stench washed over him, and he heard Shania gasp beside him. The urge to protect her overruled his brief fascination of the undead foes. She had never been much of a fighter at all, it had been a mistake to even bring her along, but he hadn't had the heart to leave her behind in the last town they passed though so now he had to take action whether he was disgusted or not. His longsword's steel rang as he tore it from its sheath, and he rushed at the nearest enemy, stunning it with a bash from his shield. His first strike took it in the arm and the limb dangled from a strip of flesh. It was unfazed and continued to shamble forward. Despite his surprise, Daniel struck again, cleaving its skull in two with a sickening crunch.

Shania hung back as she watched the others fighting, her attempts to calm the normally unshakable horse next to her failing. Like the animal, she was frightened, but her hand reached for her weapon tied to its saddle: a flail. Fighting was not her forte, and neither was killing. However, if she did not fight then there was the chance that she could be killed. She closed her eyes as she swung the spiked ball in a tight circle, and whimpered as it struck a creature in the face, downing it.  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:05 am
Taking a cue from the one called Eve, Tobias loosed three arrows in rapid succession, piercing the temples of two ghouls, and the right eye-socket of a third. They fell motionless to the ground, and their unholy brethren stepped over them to continue their advance.
"The heads! Destroy their foul brains!" Tobias called as he dropped down from his perch to land beside the giant. He released another arrow, and watched it travel right through the head of a ghoul advancing on the slight female with the flail in hand. He began to count the remaining beasts, but gave up as more of them came shuffling around every corner to investigate the sounds of battle that rang in their loosely-hanging hears.
"Come! We will have to take shelter. They outnumber us!" He gazed around wildly, and noticed an edifice near the south-eastern guard tower. "There! Let us fight our way to that building! Can you clear a path, friend?" He indicated the giant with a nod.  

Silas Parrish
Captain

Dapper Genius

Orcus Fieres
Crew

Aged Genius

3,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:24 pm
Dæmon nodded at the suggestion and followed his new companion's gaze to the nearby tower. He began kicking the enemies from around the group and then used the hook of his cane like a club for punting around the horrid beasts. "There are a good many of them; keep close." Dæmon now swiped away at them with the majority of his strength, but for every few he tossed aside more seemed to raise from the very ground they walked on. Just as they reached a good ways Dæmon had to check back to notice a wave of monstrous creatures swarming from the area he just swept aside. Dæmon quickly put his attention on keeping all of the area around the group as clear as possible. He swept his cane behind the group and began kicking aside the beasts at their sides.  
Role-Playing--Elite

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff