Welcome to Gaia! ::

Circle of Nine

Back to Guilds

A tightly-wound RPing haven for the Guardians of the True Role-Play...the Circle of Nine! 

Tags: small, friendly, literate, awesome, pie=good 

Reply Role-Playing--Common
Starfall's Lament (Accepting Profiles) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Strider Wolfheart
Crew

Beloved Seeker

6,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:39 pm
((Nope, one to each post. Having one to four is a freighting ship I'd say.))

Jake continued on after Nina, trying furiously hard not to reduce himself to his usual, more perverted, habits and look at Nina's behind. He could hear Strider's voice now, how he should hold himself with dignity when on a mission, even more so with a stranger, and the greatest with a woman. "Well what a coincidence, I was heading to the starport. I had gotten a bit lost though. What's the name of the ship?"  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:22 pm
((Okay then.))

"Oh, um, the Starfall's Lament...It's a really nice ship, clean and with a lot of places to run around in...Not that I've run around in there or anything..." Nina paused for a moment and stood up on her tiptoes as she caught sight of one of the tall towers and it wasn't too far away. Good, she could see the different ships and that meant she was close. "Actually, I have."

There weren't many people who didn't stare strangely at Felix when he approached them for directions to the star port so he resorted to tapping into someone's power and locating it himself. That was a plus of his life now that he'd fully embraced. And if it was illegal he didn't care. He walked to the nearest post and glanced at the sign above the door displaying which ship was currently docked, the S.S. SL. That was the one he needed to go to so he entered.  

Ty Gwynnia
Crew

Beloved Dark Elf

10,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Battle Hardened 150

Strider Wolfheart
Crew

Beloved Seeker

6,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:33 pm
"Again, a coincidence. It must be fate that I met you." Jake imagined Nina, running through the hallways, a large smile on her face and hid his face with his hand to cover his laugh at the image.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:07 pm
"Maybe. You're going to the Lament, too?" Nina glanced back behind her when her ears caught the sound of muffled laughter to see Strider covering his mouth. She ignored it the best she could and turned back around as the crowd began to grow around them the closer they got to the star ports. She could barely spot the entrance to the post that belonged to the ship she was a part of but she knew which one it was.  

Ty Gwynnia
Crew

Beloved Dark Elf

10,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Battle Hardened 150

Strider Wolfheart
Crew

Beloved Seeker

6,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:06 pm
"Yup. Call it blind curiosity." Jake smiled as Nina went about her business, exactly like an elf. "But tell me are you a civilian or a staff?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:14 pm
"Blind curiosity for what...?" Nina muttered, then stopped next to the door and turned around again to stare at him. Strangely, his optimism was starting to get on her nerves. "No, I won't tell you...Why do you keep asking these questions?"  

Ty Gwynnia
Crew

Beloved Dark Elf

10,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Battle Hardened 150

Strider Wolfheart
Crew

Beloved Seeker

6,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:30 pm
Jake stopped and smiled at Nina. "Because I am a curious, nosy, and annoying person. My master always taught me that it's better to ask question and know what you can about your surroundings, including who you're with. Besides that, I like you. You are a very sharp and witty person and you enjoy books as much as I do. You aren't the only one carrying around books you know." Jake pulled out a red leather bound book from one of his several pockets. "You should be aware of Moby d**k, correct?" Jake replaced the book in its pocket and smiled at Nina again. "I mean no ill intent, Nina. I only want to find the truth, just like you, and in the name of this i'd like to start over." Jake outstretched his hand to Nina. "Hello, my name is Jake Smitt. It's really an honor to meet you."  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:25 pm
"No, I don't know 'Moby d**k'. It didn't sound interesting so I didn't read it..." Nina stared at the person in front of her for a minute. She shifted her weight from one foot to the other and felt the barely noticeable lumps in her cloak rub against her back as the cloth moved. Her own books were surely more interesting than a story about a captain and white whale he had a grudge on. A smile found its way to her face again. Now, was that so hard?, she thought to herself. "Thank you, Jake," Nina said as she took Jake's hand. "That name suits you more. I'm...Nina Keeper. It's nice to meet you too." She released his hand, faced the door, and walked in. Or, tried to. Her face met another person that day.

Felix had decided, upon entering the post, that once again waiting would be the best bet for help. So he waited for someone to approach him, and not soon after, felt something hit his back. He looked behind him to see a dazed woman shaking her head in confusion. "My apologies," he said with his slightly robotic tinged voice. A side-effect. "I needed someone's help."  

Ty Gwynnia
Crew

Beloved Dark Elf

10,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Battle Hardened 150

Strider Wolfheart
Crew

Beloved Seeker

6,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:33 pm
Jake was about to inquire why she thought his name suited him more than Strider's did but Nina had bumped into a different person. "Wow Nina, you sure do have a knack for bumping into people in need." Jake chuckled a bit after Felix apologized.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:15 pm
Nina held tightly onto her books with one arm as she rubbed her nose with a hand. The man she'd run into had had a hard back, which was obviously the case since his voice indicated what he was. She still hadn't gotten over the fact that there were so many other races that looked like a human but weren't. "It's...it's okay."

"Are you part of this ship?" Felix asked rather bluntly. Even if this girl wasn't, she could still give him a hand. Behind her there stood someone with strange ears and hair. He didn't know who he was but he looked interesting, so Felix stared at him for a few moments to commit his face to memory.

"Yes...Do you need help getting onto the ship?" Nina watched him nod and show her his ticket. "Take it to a counter over there and they can help you more..."  

Ty Gwynnia
Crew

Beloved Dark Elf

10,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Battle Hardened 150

Strider Wolfheart
Crew

Beloved Seeker

6,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:06 pm
"Hey Nina, I'll see you up on the ship, okay? What room do you have? I'll be working in cargo bay so you'll be able to find me there." Jake smiled at her.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:02 pm
"What?" Nina turned back to Jake as the man walked away, obviously with a purpose after hearing the solution to his problem. She stared at him in confusion. "You don't work on the Lament, do you? You would know me if you did."  

Ty Gwynnia
Crew

Beloved Dark Elf

10,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Battle Hardened 150

Strider Wolfheart
Crew

Beloved Seeker

6,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:31 am
Jake turned to speak to Nina. "Cargo bay workers aren't part of normal crew. Also, this is my first day. Someone else from cargo couldn't make it. I was asked to be the replacement. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll see you on the ship." Jake turned and started to move towards the front counter that was the only way to board the ship. He wasn't actually part of the crew, yet. But that would soon change. As he got up to the desk he pulled out a slip of seemingly blank paper and showed it to the woman that manned it. "One ticket for crew, cargo bay worker." The woman took the paper and looked it over. "Yes of course. You'll need to keep this for documentation purposes." The woman handed the paper back and gave him a seperate, actual ticket. "Thank you." Jake took the two papers and put them in his pocket, heading over to an elevator where people were beginning to crowd into.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:24 pm
Part of the cargo bay? That could have explained his questions and the reason she'd never seen him before, especially if it was his first day after all. There was more than one elevator in the room so she took the other one, easily slipping in between everyone else rather than having to wait. She stood in the corner and waited for the small room to fill, and noticed that the man she'd helped before was also in there. He must be a passenger, she thought.  

Ty Gwynnia
Crew

Beloved Dark Elf

10,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Role-Playing--Common

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash