hopehopehope

Beloved Seeker

9,950 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:28 am
This kind of thing drives me crazy.

First off, extremism in any form is generally not healthy. I don't care if you take eating to far, working out to far (exercising) , *anything* out of balance has the potential to do harm.

The most amazing thing is that most the people that commented on how others should be hurt in the name of their faith (christianity), they aren't even really aware of what really happened at the twin towers. (They are blaming muslim's, or atheists, when neither of them were responsible for what happened that day).

The christian faith has been responsible for more deaths throughout history then any other religion known to man. (A little hard to judge because of the ancient history of the muslim faith and the different factions therin). Once you take the dark ages into consideration, and all the wars fought in the name of "God",..... it just makes me ill. It shows christianity has the same potential for abuse, for killing, for hate.

I have always had a close relationship with God, despite a lot of challenges. I went to a bible college out of high school, for a number of reasons. I wanted to serve God, my chances to go to the academic school i wanted were taken away, and i grew up in an abusive environment. I always felt like I was alone, and had no family. I thought the bible college could provide some of that sense of family i lacked. What i found, were the most judgemental, hateful, and emotionally sick people i've ever known. I left the college after a month and a half. I didn't have anywhere to stay so i lived in a doorway (homeless) for several months- but it was worth it to me, to not be living with them. (that says something that being homeless was better then being with them).

To see Christians, saying these horrible things- makes me sad, and makes me feel sick. The bible, Christ himself, would *never* support that kind of behavior, or that kind of hate.

I don't care what religion thinks it is "better" then all the others, or which side tthinks it somehow is righteous by killing in God's name. I just don't believe in a God that would honor that kind of hate, that kind of judgement, and in fact the bible specifically says to "judge not lest ye be judged". It also says that the new commandment is to love. "and now abideth these three, faith, hope and love. The greatest of these is love". sigh. how can so many, be so .... messed up, so wrong, so hateful?

so, am i still christian after my beliefs and associations with others who... may not understand the Bible the way i do? (how others understand it, isn't really mine to judge either).
I consider myself sufi, I believe in Christ, i also believe in Buddha, and Mohammed, and Moses, and all the other enlightened souls that tried to shine a path to those of us with less insight to follow. To *me*, I don't care what name you call God by, he has well over one hundred names. They are all the same one and only God. *that* is the part that is important to me.

Oh, and if you don't believe in God, if you are atheist, then all I can do is pray you find your way to peace, and to the conclusion that will bring you peace and happiness- whether in this life, or the next. It is not mine to judge. I dont' really think it is anyone's. I know a lot of people disagree with me on that. Nothing I can do about their judgement, or their feelings, except to give them the room and the respect that they are not .... mature enough, or strong enough to give to others.

So much of this makes me feel really sick to the bottom of my soul.
I wish it wasn't like this... The christian faith, that is killing massive numbers of people in iraq, and in afghanistan and our government has gotten very good at using religion to justify their wars, their drug agenda's, and all the other things that give them the money, power and control that they seek.

It is all- beyond sad, and beyond out of control. The only solace I have is that i believe in God, and that he knows what is going on, and who's heart is pure, and who is still .... not ready to return "home" to Him. And the God I believe in, doesn't give up on people, doesn't turn his children away, and doesn't give up on any soul that has lost its way. (He also wouldn't send his children to an eternal hell for a temporary sin committed in this life). That is the ONLY God I can believe in, and that is the God of Love I maintain my faith in, regardless of what happens in the world today.

It blows my mind that so many people use their faith to manipulate others to give them money, to convince people to sacrifice their own good, so that the preachers can live in mansions, and drive limo's while children die of hunger, and of easily preventable diseases- while they roll in the gold they gained in God's name.

(sigh)
celeste heart heart heart
:  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:18 pm
This is just too sad crying
One of the 10 Commandments clearly states, "You shall not kill" therefore, it obviously also implies that believers shouldn't wish death upon others either. I always stay away from talking about this with others but I really wanted to say something. I am Catholic and I try my best to always keep God in mind, but never shove my believe down on people throats, because I think that's just not right. It shouldn't be that way. If I had read this article, I would keep in mind that there are others who believe different things and it's none of my business what they believe because I believe in my own thing. But I would pray silently on my own because it's what I'm used too. Every time something horrible happens I pray silently I dont' need to bombard my belief at anyone. I would prefer to talk to people who are Catholics like me.

Like my teacher said there are good apples and there are bad apples.
I want to say so much more but I am just going to get jumbled up : P .... but some of the girls here said some of things I wanted to say, so no need to repeat ^_^

NightAngels

Beloved Explorer

14,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Conversationalist 100
08. ✿ - - - All Around The World News

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers