Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[1v1] Two eyes between the two of us (Ofelia/Shun) FIN Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Blade Kuroda rolled 2 10-sided dice: 5, 6 Total: 11 (2-20)

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:48 pm
Shun just let out a soft scoff when she apologized.

"Injuries can be sustained. And some don't come back at all," he stated darkly. It was admitting that they weren't completely immortal, yes, but he didn't care. Any hunter that had been around for the horsemen isles should have known that much already, seeing how they wiped out most of the horsemen population.

Even so, he couldn't help but twitch slightly when she mentioned a pitchfork had poked her eye out. That had to be less than pleasant. It probably felt more or less like what he had gone through when Stacey slashed his out.

The Reaper saw the glow of her weapon and suspected something big was coming. He was prepared to try and get out of the way, or at least brace himself for impact, but just stared as she turned and attacked the wall instead.

"I hope you do realize that I am still an enemy. Generally speaking it isn't wise to do such things when in combat," he said flatly, "So for one, why did you do that? And two, why did you become a hunter in the first place?"

Soon after he finished speaking, he moved forth, striking once each with both of his blades.

HP: 40
Damage: 7
Effect: +2 accuracy for the next turn  
Rown rolled 2 10-sided dice: 5, 3 Total: 8 (2-20)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:51 pm
Her shield was failing, almost down to half strength. Still Ofelia kept the smile on her face, or rather the grin, and she kept at this little game. It was refreshing to get to talk to someone she didn't know and a chance to learn about them. There was also the thought that yes, this could be her grave, but that didn't scare her. Did part of her welcome that idea? Yes, but it was a quiet part she didn't want to think of at the moment.

"Hmm, yeah Ah know yer the enemy but that doesn' mean Ah hate ya or wanna hurt ya badly. If Ah injure ya ta the point ya can' talk anymore then what happens wit' our game? Be reasonable man, Ah wanna talk wit'cha." Ofelia winced as she spoke, the ringing of Rue's voice in her ears hurting more than the weakening of her shield. Weird, but sort of normal. "Ah wasn' really sure if mah attack was gonna hit'cha anyway, so easier ta take out a stationary target? Ah dunno, Ah tend not ta think on things."

Ofelia shrugged off the ringing and took a step out, slashing slightly at Shun once again. Rue was being an a**, turning to shrieks again, but the taste of fear made her stop for a moment and start to coo. That worked for the teen.

What was his other question? Ah, yes. "Ah became a hunter cause Ah was tired of bein' called a liar. All mah life Ah could hear things, see things no one else could. Figures in the shadows, wit' tails an' horns. Later on Ah learned Ah was seein' goblins, but when yer a kid tellin' people an' they beat'cha an' call ya a liar, what then? A'course yer gonna go wit' someone who offers ya a place where no one thinks yer crazy."

Inside her head Rue reminded Ofelia that everyone thought she was crazy, no real change. The teen shook her head, forgetting to ask a question.

hp 29
damage 2
charge 1 [ 1 ]

Rown

Friendly Hunter

Blade Kuroda rolled 11 4-sided dice: 4, 3, 1, 4, 1, 1, 1, 3, 1, 4, 2 Total: 25 (11-44)

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:07 pm
"Talk or not, I can't say I will do the same for you. I don't go easy on anyone, no matter if they're a friend or foe," Shun said quietly. His tone carried no malice. It was just stating a fact of his nature.

The answer for her being a hunter was amusing, and almost ironic to him. It was more like an odd thing to have somewhat of a similarity for. The students of amity were casted as liars for their stories regarding what had happened here Octobers ago.

"Here's a little tidbit for you. In Halloween, the Hunters are nothing but tales and 'ghost' stories supposedly only told to scare our young. Most of the population don't believe in your existence. "

Then, true enough to his word, he went to make his move. He wasn't aiming to hit lightly either. He vanished from where he was, leaving nothing but a few shadowy wisps behind. The reaper reappeared at a few different areas around Ofelia, striking out each time he poofed. this happened a number of times before he simply landed a few feet away, breathing a little heavily from the exertion.

HP:38
Damage: 17
Effect: +2 accuracy this turn.. not that it was needed.  
Rown rolled 2 10-sided dice: 7, 8 Total: 15 (2-20)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:13 pm
Oh god, it hurt. Ofelia staggered back against the wall, the pain streaking in, yet somehow she managed to stay on her feet after everything. The only outward sign that she felt anything, or that anything had connected, was a thin trail of blood that leaked from the corner of her mouth. It trickled down and Ofelia made no attempt to stop it It wasn't like she was bleeding internally, right?

"So where yer from, we're yer ghost stories? That's kinda funny, Ah can' really see anyone bein' scared'a someone like me. Ah mean, lookit me. Do Ah look scary at all ta ya?" No, she probably didn't. Tank top, short shorts, flip flops. The only thing off about her was all her scars, but even those were somewhat normal on a human.

Somewhat. If it weren't for her jacket, would he have known her as anything but a reaper?

"Ah never thought ghost stories were made up, ta tell ya the truth. Ah mean, how could Ah wit' all Ah could hear an' see? Hard ta lie to yerself after so long 'bout things that hurt'cha."

Speaking of hurting, Ofelia had spent enough time recovering (according to Rue) and darted forward, her blades digging deeply into Shun's FEAR as she got close. She didn't really look to see where her blow landed though, she just knew it wasn't a weak hit like before.

"Didja believe in hunters, or no?"

hp 12
damage 9
charge 2 [ 1 ]

Rown

Friendly Hunter

Blade Kuroda rolled 2 10-sided dice: 3, 10 Total: 13 (2-20)

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:25 pm
There was a sign of blood now, something that Shun was fairly familiar with at this point.

"You don't look any scarier than any reapers, no," he started. Reapers weren't exactly known for scary appearances, tending to look rather human and all, "It's what you do where the stories come in. Scarelings kidnapped away from their homes only to become tools of war."

Taking another hit, he staggered back. It had actually cut into him more that time around. He glanced down at his chest to see a dark stain appearing at his shirt. It couldn't really be seen too easily due to the color of his clothing, but his own blood was the same hue was her own.

"I didn't know much of them prior. When I first heard of them, it sounded false. The idea of humans doing such things is rather outlandish," he said. Glancing to the weapons Ofelia wielded, his eye narrowed and he spoke a little more darkly.

"Your weapon then. Did she go willingly or did he need to be taken kicking and screaming?" he asked while aiming to stab into his foe.

HP: 29
Damage: 7  
Rown rolled 2 10-sided dice: 10, 7 Total: 17 (2-20)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:29 pm
Ofelia was on her tail end now, in pain and clearly showing it. Her shield was fraying at the ends, either Rue was ready to give out or she was losing her patience, but the teen just tried to tug it off as if nothing had happened. Things were okay, she told herself, she was still standing. That would not be the same after the reaper's next attack, that much she knew.

And then came his question. " . . .what do ya mean? Taken? Kickin' an' screamin'?" The look on her face was of pure, genuine confusion. "Ah was always told our weapons volunteered, that they'd asked ta be this way." Ofelia raised her hand up and looked at Rue. "Whenever Ah ask 'bout her life b'for she never answers 'cause Ah assume she dun care or dun know."

There was a bit of anger on the tip of her thoughts now. ["When Ah met her she was jus' a piece'a stone, are ya sayin' Ah did that ta her?" Ofelia took a few steps forward and smashed her fist into Shun, the friendliness from before almost gone. "Are ya sayin' it's all mah fault she's here, smashin' inta ya an' beggin' fer more'a yer FEAR? That it's mah fault she wants this?"

hp 5
damage 11
charge 3 [ 1 ]

Rown

Friendly Hunter

Blade Kuroda rolled 2 10-sided dice: 1, 7 Total: 8 (2-20)

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:39 pm
"Some are volunteers but I can assure you that not all are. I'm sure you've seen or perhaps even used one of those guns that fire out nets," Shun stated simply.

Apparently this information was too much for the hunter as she slammed her fist into his gut. Grunting, he staggered back, coughing up a bit of blood. Grimacing, he wiped away the bits around his lips while staring down at Ofelia.

"You didn't turn her a weapon. But someone did. I would have thought she'd know how she went," he grunted out before retaliating, swiping out at her. His movements weren't quite as quick after that last blow he took, however.

HP: 18
Damage: 2  
Rown rolled 7 4-sided dice: 3, 4, 3, 2, 4, 4, 2 Total: 22 (7-28)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:40 pm
If there ever had to be a rule of thumb with Ofelia, it was don't piss her off. It took a ton to make her even slightly irritated, seeing as Ofelia was pretty dense to nearly everything, but the way Shun was rattling on had struck a nerve. Ofelia didn't like the way that certain nerve felt and part of her mind snapped, Rue's cackling in her skull a sign she needed to move along.

"You. Don't. Know. Anything." Her accent always seemed to vanish when she spoke slowly, and her steps moved faintly. The attack Shun did was shrugged away without any sign she even felt it and, as soon as she got close enough, Ofelia swung her leg straight into the reaper's side.

That was the only warning her got before the runes on her weapon unleashed themselves and a barrage of punches rained down on Shun's body. Ofelia's face was blank, she let the voice in her head to the cackling, and as soon as the last of the charge was spent she stepped back, holding her side.

hp 3
damage 18
charge [ 2 ]

Rown

Friendly Hunter

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:57 pm
Shun couldn't really have expected what came next, as Ofelia unleashed a barrage of punches to his midsection. Once she was done, he staggered back and dropped down onto all fours, coughing and wheezing blood from all the blows. This wasn't a good sign. He was going to need to get out of here quick, but right now he couldn't flee just yet.

However, the daggers had vanished as he was trying to recover.

"No. You don't," he breathed out, "I've seen the cages. I've had friends watch helplessly as those like us were turned into weapons. Some who were almost turned themselves. This hatred we feel wouldn't have existed otherwise. The need and desire to keep those we care about safe... from your kind. Many.. many of us would have never turned arms against humans if it weren't for you."

Grimacing, he slowly pushed himself to his feet, pressing one hand to his chest where he felt a fair bit of pain. Despite what he was saying, his tone was fairly even. Relatively calm.

"I know I hadn't dreamed of spilling human blood prior."

HP: 0  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:36 am
Ofelia quickly dismissed Rue as soon as the pounding of this Shun was over, and she held her side as well. More blood leaked from her lip as her shield continued to waver and fray; she was lucky this had ended in her favor or else there'd been a heavy chance she would be the one soaked in her own blood.

"Ya keep sayin' if it weren' fer me an' Ah've told ya, Ah got nothin' ta do wit' it. Ah've never caught one'a yer kind, never even fired a gun ta do it." Ofelia sighed her tone more exasperated then upset or angry. The look she gave Shun was one of mild annoyance, as if she couldn't believe he kept on blaming her, or at least lumping her in with people way before her time. "An' first'a all, chances are this stuff happened way b'for' Ah was even born. Yer probably older'n me, seen lots more than me."

Her tone shifted from annoyed back to the curious, and then a bit tired, perhaps. "Look, Ah didn' even wanna fight'cha like this an' now we're both all kinds'a bloody an' yer angry wit' me. Ah jus'. . . wanted ta talk wit' someone on the other side." Her words rang true, but it was up to Shun to believe them. "Ah dunno much 'bout the others Ah'm wit', but Ah'm mostly fightin' blind an' jus' followin' orders. They tell me a creature or monster or sommin' has been hurtin' people, a'course Ah'mma go an' try ta stop it." Ofelia looked up, her eyes narrowing. "Wouldn' ya do the same thing?"

She started fishing around in her pockets for something, her eye never leaving Shun's face. "Ah fight ta protect. What are ya fightin' fer?"

Blade Kuroda
good morning!

Rown

Friendly Hunter

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:48 am
"I'm 18. In final year of highschool. I've only learned of hunters in this past year," Shun huffed out, "Assuming humans age more or less the same as reapers, you don't look to be that much younger than I."

Even then, the fact that this had all happened in one year made it rather unlikely that she hadn't been born prior to any of that happening. What the reaper found interesting though was that she seemed rather naive considering this was pretty much a war they were both in. Either that or she was simply in denial. Then again, she just admitted that she was finding blindly and following orders. Well that made sense he supposed. It was always easier to just carry out a task and not question it. He had been in a similar position personally.

"I am familiar with carrying out duties and orders," he stated while eyeing her warily as she started to fish around for something. He took a slow step back. The reaper began to look around for where the door was exactly so that he could get on out of here soon.

"I fight to protect. Hunters have become a threat to our well being. I'm going to do my damnest to make sure the ones I care about don't end up getting killed or weaponized," he replied darkly before coughing a few more times. It was the same story for both sides, so he felt that the reason for things were fairly irreverent. It wasn't as if either side would be stopping any time soon.

Rown

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:59 am
"Yer eighteen? Eeeh, Ah'm older than ya then, but jus' by a year. Ah guess Ah could call ya kiddo then 'cause yer younger, but that dun really seem right." Ofelia was still fishing for whatever it was in her pockets, shifting over to her jacket and turning in the process. For someone who had just torn into this person, an enemy who said they hated her, she sure wasn't on her guard anymore.

"Aha! Found it!" A look of 'yes!' spread over Ofelia's features as she pulled something out of the pocket of her jacket, rather it was two somethings, and the teen covered the distance between her and Shun rather quickly before she held her hand out to him, palm up. Aside from her hand being covered in bruises and blisters, she happened to be holding what looked like a pinkn band-aid as well as a piece of soft candy. "Here, ya can have these." Ofelia grinned, and then suddenly slapped her forehead with her other hand.

"Oh wait, ya probably still hate me, let alone not trust me which is totally understandable. Plus Ah dunno if ya even like sweets or would think Ah'm poisonin' ya which would be stupid 'cause well, poison. Also Ah dunno if ya'd want a band-aid, probably won' help ya much." Ofelia sighed, her hand still on her forehead and the other hand still holding the candy and the band-aid. The band-aid had some kind of character on it, chances were she filched it from somewhere. "Ah did say Ah'd give ya sommin' though an' Ah wanna keep mah promise, even though Ah dun think this match had a winner? Are we callin' this a tie?"

Blade Kuroda

Rown

Friendly Hunter

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:12 am
What the Jack was she doing? When she presented the bandaid and a piece of candy, which brought about another wary look from Shun.

"I despise and distrust all hunters as a whole. It's nothing personal," he stated. He hadn't been given reason to hate any one hunter more than others. Not yet at least. Well, in a way he had the biggest grudge against Caelius at the moment, considering a few past events and whatnot.

"You are a strange one," he said, not really answering if they should call this fight a tie or not. Perhaps she didn't feel that there was a winner, but as far as he was concerned, he had been bested. He was going to need to train more for sure.

"Keep your things," he stated before backing away towards the door. He didn't turn his back to her as he did so.

Rown

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:22 am
"Ahahaha, allota the people back at the hunter camp say Ah'm crazy an' try ta kill me. Ah guess Ah jus' give off that kinda air, the one that makes people wanna bury their weapons inta mah body, no matter who or what they are." The teen shrugged and sighed, finally pulling her hand from her forehead and looking around the area. Her stomach was starting to hurt, perhaps she was bleeding internally after all. It wasn't something she'd die from, at least not yet, since her shield was still up and she wasn't seeing double of anything.

"Lemme ask ya one more question, before ya go?" Ofelia tucked the band-aid and candy back into her pocket, none for the worse upset about Shun refusing them. She figured he would, no one really liked pocket-candy regardless of who they were, and the friendly grin stayed on her face. "Do ya wanna meet again sometime an' have another fight? Yer the first person Ah've met other than Danini who didn' jus' try ta outright kill me. Granted yer one of the few Ah didn' try ta outright kill either, but it might be worth our while ta train 'gain one 'nother. We use similiar weapons, an' it's a good chance to talk."

This all sounded so stupid, there was like a bajillion to one chance that he was gonna say no, so Ofelia added in a last bit.

"Plus if ya happen ta kill me while we're trainin', ya got one less hunter ta worry 'bout an' no need ta fear people wantin' revenge. No one would mourn me."

Blade Kuroda

Rown

Friendly Hunter

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:39 am
Shun raised an eyebrow at what she had to say, as well as to what she suggested. Something about that didn't quite seem right to him. She could be completely honest here or it could be a setup for a trap in the future. The final statement baffled him a bit as well. While, yes, killing hunters is always a plus in his book, it just seemed strange that one of them would feel so... casual about it?

"You really are a strange one indeed," he murmured.

"We'll see. The future is never certain for what it may bring," he said before leaving the haunted house. It wasn't exactly a confirmation or a refusal to her offer. As fishy as it was, if it turned out to be a honest thing, it may allow him more insight on the inner workings of the enemy.

Rown

{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces