A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 12. ✿ - - - Journal Writings
Keeping a diary/journal.. do you? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you regularly write in a journal/diary?
  yes
  no
View Results

vxrs

Liberal Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:41 pm
I did.
It was hard to write in it everyday.
Or, at all.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:45 pm
Never had one and dont plan on it. I hate writing and even more so writing about me. stressed

It would look like:
I had a hotdog in a waffle for lunch while sitting outside for 5 hours waiting for UPS. It was hot.

I probably tweet a lot more than I should haha. It's like short form journaling in the public eye. With 1000 and 1 pics.

Anyone ever heard of Project Life? Its an interesting way of keeping track of things/journaling/scrapbooking all kind of combined into one thing. Looks interesting.  

Secksy Panda

Sparkly Fairy

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:57 pm
I have a livejournal but I keep it 100% private. I should probably start blogging my writing stuff, I guess?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:46 pm
I do. =)
When I was younger, I used to write in actual diaries, but now all of mine are online (feels safer; I don't want anyone stumbling upon them and taking a peek.)
But yeah, as a kid I used to like buying diaries, although there are only about 2 I ever filled up.
Nowadays I primarily use LiveJournal, and sometimes even Gaia. I can't say I use it often - most of the time I use online journals to rant/vent because it helps to write (type) down what I'm feeling.

Ayniu

Fashionable Raider

9,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Object of Affection 150

Roo Bearie

Generous Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:25 pm
I use tumblr when I have something to say, I have one for when others can read and they arn't to bad.
and I have one for when they are things others shouldn't read. xD

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:42 am
I have one semi-public journal on another site. Basically I use it to track how I'm feeling over time, what's bugging me, etc.

I have a second journal in my nightstand, which I should be writing in every night but in actuality I only write in every few days.

Also, I have a small journal-like book where I keep my to-do lists and random notes. I was thinking of moving that onto my DS, but I would rather have a hard copy on hand to refer to.  

the mage-girl

Magical Marshmallow

22,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Monster Hunter 100

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:11 pm
Well, I'm journaling here now. I get feedback, which I don't get on LJ. That one's now reserved for the stuff that's not fit to publish, and things I want to keep really private and analyze later.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:27 pm
Nah, I'm terrible at keeping a diary. Sometimes when thing get too much, I'll right out a journal-style rant, but that's probably once every few months sweatdrop  

Pengi-sama

elusive chaos

Shy Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:29 am
I'm thinking of buying myself a book made specifically for journal writing from Barnes and Noble.
I used to write like crazy about what was on my mind but then I stopped. I feel like writing again. The only problem with me writing is that I've moved so much in the past few years in my life and I feel another move coming soon so I feel that maybe I shouldn't keep something as personal as a journal since I have left many of my written thoughts behind in the past. It's like I'm leaving traces of myself all over the place and I don't like that idea. I feel like I should learn to live on a few essentials that can all fit in a bag and journals wouldn't be included because they can start with one book and turn into too many to carry around with me.
I could keep an online journal, now that I think about it, but since I don't always have access to a computer/laptop all the time, and certain thoughts, that I'm eager to jot down at that very moment, come when I'm not near a computer, I don't find that option ideal. I like to be able to get out a pen and little book on the bus or on my break at work and write down what's on my mind.
OK. I'll stop here. I type too much, sometimes. Always eager to express myself, which is why I need a journal. ;D  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:37 pm
cєℓєsтιαℓ ғιʀєғℓιєs:

I used to have a diary that I wrote in all the time. It had a "lock", but it was more for show than anything. It was very beautiful: small, with puffy covers adorned with cherubs. The pages smelled wonderful, felt nice in my hands. It had glitter over it, which I used to rub while I wrote.

And then my mom decided to read it. :/ She would pick apart everything, and get mad if I wrote anything bad about her because "it made her look bad". To whom, I have no idea, because it was my private diary. But she told me to tear those pages out. The irony of it is, after she invaded my privacy repeatedly like that to (I guess) preserve her reputation, I turned to internet diaries that anyone could read. lol

I don't know what happened to it, but I think she threw it away because I wasn't Miss Sunshine in my own head all the time. It was just gone one day. She did things like that all the time, and I caught her in the act of throwing my brother's stuff away a few times when she arbitrarily decided he didn't need them anymore.

I don't keep diaries like that anymore, instead I post about my life on the internet. I do have a moleskine notebook, and sometimes I write down my thoughts, but a lot of times it's just scraps of storylines that popped into my head.

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

Evataph

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:42 pm
I'll vent in it every few months if I've got a lot of s**t going on.
But other than that, no.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:40 pm
I have a xanga that is 100% private (friends lock and no friends added lol), and what I do is I keep a word doc in which I write random thoughts that come to my mind (not necessarily about my life, sometimes just general observations etc), and then every two weeks I post it to the blog, which makes it pretty/ gives it a date stamp. I haven't been very good with my every two week post though...it's kind of dwindled down to once a month, but I find that the dry spells are usually when I'm not angsty and not feeling overly introspective, so I guess no writing in that particular vein is actually a good thing. XP  

Discomfiture

Decorated Nerd

Punkesque

Indulgent Foe

23,875 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:58 am
I used to. Later I found it harder to keep up with.. it was my only friend for quite a while, lol.

My mom would also read it and use the content against me to my face, referencing whatever secrets and feelings I wrote in there to make me feel bad about myself or embarrassed.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:41 pm
Discomfiture
I have a xanga that is 100% private (friends lock and no friends added lol)

Word. I love xanga--it's sweet and simple. I also have several hard copy journals just waiting to be filled. For when I'm feeling more traditional =P Although, it might help if I write in either journal regularly...  

The Maharani

elusive chaos

Shy Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:42 am
For those of you who mentioned your mothers reading your writings, mine also did that. I find that rude. I don't think parents should invade their child's privacy. I wonder why some mothers are like that. If I ever have a kid, I hope I don't end up like that. I hope I remember what it was like for me. xp  
12. ✿ - - - Journal Writings

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff