Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
I'm making my novel into a film :) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wiccan_sk8er

Dapper Businessman

8,550 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:36 pm
Inari Lugria
wiccan_sk8er

It was a nice trailer...but just a little constructive criticism I noticed the 3 ring loose leaf paper in the book XP... I wrk in film so i pay attention to the little details but generally it was put together really well.. wats your book about?

Thanks! smile
Ugh, I know. =S
The actual paper in the book wasn't blank on that side,
so I couldn't write on it razz

If you go up a few posts, someone else asked what the book is about,
and I wrote the books' synopsis for them wink  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:45 pm
wiccan_sk8er
Alashuko The Fighter
wiccan_sk8er
Bigbadbo3
Yeah, the teaser trailer definitely piqued my interest, and the music was pretty good. If I watch the movie, I'll definitely read the novel first, 'cause there's so many creative ideas in books that you can't fit into a movie. Congrats on the chance to publish your novel and adapt it to a movie. I hope it all goes well for you.

Thank you very much!! =] I'll keep you posted.

What's the book about?

I'll give you the book synopsis [It's the writing on the back of the book that gives a short description of what it's about.]

"Beaten by his parents, bullied at school, molested by his uncle, 12-year-old Faygen Grey feels he has no place in the world. He's seen things most people never seen in their lifetime. Trying to escape the dark and fearful world he lives in, he finds refuge in the local library. Having lost his innocence, he turns to his imagination to make life brighter. The books begin to fuel his existence, and soon his imagination and reality become intertwined, to the point where the books become reality. From seeing a girl in a blue dress fall down a rabbit hole, to a medieval battle breaking out in the middle of school, Fayben begins to feel he finally fits in. But when a stranger at school becomes his best, and only friend, he discovers that reality may actually be the best place for him."

That sounds really interesting and original. 3nodding

But um... there's a typo. Is his name Faygen or Fayben?  

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100

wiccan_sk8er

Dapper Businessman

8,550 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:19 pm
Belethiel
wiccan_sk8er
Alashuko The Fighter
wiccan_sk8er
Bigbadbo3
Yeah, the teaser trailer definitely piqued my interest, and the music was pretty good. If I watch the movie, I'll definitely read the novel first, 'cause there's so many creative ideas in books that you can't fit into a movie. Congrats on the chance to publish your novel and adapt it to a movie. I hope it all goes well for you.

What's the book about?

I'll give you the book synopsis [It's the writing on the back of the book that gives a short description of what it's about.]

"Beaten by his parents, bullied at school, molested by his uncle, 12-year-old Faygen Grey feels he has no place in the world. He's seen things most people never seen in their lifetime. Trying to escape the dark and fearful world he lives in, he finds refuge in the local library. Having lost his innocence, he turns to his imagination to make life brighter. The books begin to fuel his existence, and soon his imagination and reality become intertwined, to the point where the books become reality. From seeing a girl in a blue dress fall down a rabbit hole, to a medieval battle breaking out in the middle of school, Fayben begins to feel he finally fits in. But when a stranger at school becomes his best, and only friend, he discovers that reality may actually be the best place for him."

:O Thank you!! smile
Yeah, the idea just hit me one day..
i mean, there' some underlying elements in the book that
have to do with my own life, that's who I based the character off of.

And yes, the character's name is Faygen. (:
I came up with the name out of nowhere.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:45 pm
wiccan_sk8er
Belethiel
wiccan_sk8er
Alashuko The Fighter
wiccan_sk8er
Bigbadbo3

What's the book about?

:O Thank you!! smile
Yeah, the idea just hit me one day..
i mean, there' some underlying elements in the book that
have to do with my own life, that's who I based the character off of.

And yes, the character's name is Faygen. (:
I came up with the name out of nowhere.

... So he's an Author Avatar? Well, as long as he has character flaws... when I hear the whole, "They're based off of me" it scares me off a little. sweatdrop It's fine if they're built off of your past experiences though, that's a good thing. Lots of great authors do that, write what you know.

Ah. I love it when names come out of nowhere. xD It's where the best names come from. I got a few elvish-sounding names for my characters like that.  

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
Off-Topic

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers