Welcome to Gaia! ::

THoR

Back to Guilds

Freeform RP and general place to hang out! 

Reply Role Playing Section (Create Roleplays and RP in here!)
Making it as we go Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GamingLord
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:52 pm
"Huh, that's an interesting and different custom... to me at least. I can't think of any that would really stand out from my culture."  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:57 pm
Veni felt a little disturbed and turned off by the fact that Jacob didn't seem really interested in knowing about their wedding probably because he had been fantasizing another himself and stopped purring. "If what I said earlier is bothering you that much you could seek the opinion of an onlooker and see what they think. Besides you could do well in getting on better terms with Ma Jianshen though his opinion may have changed slightly from that coin gift."  

Rosemary Mori
Crew

9,675 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Winter Guardian 250

GamingLord
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:48 pm
"No, no it's not bothering me nearly as much Veni. I'm sorry. I guess I got a little caught up in thinking about my homeworld a little. It may not have treated me well most of the time, but there were still a few moments that weren't so bad."

He gave Veni a gentle hug squeeze.

"I suppose though, that I should try to get on better with Jianshen. You think that necrotic-energy charm really did change how he thought of me a bit?"

Idly, Jacob thought that if he were to visit the asian vampire again, he'd best be prepared for a rough greeting just in case... Last time, he got a swift kick to the knee. Immortal he may be, but that still damn well hurt.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:50 pm
Veni kissed Jacob's neck. "Well... actually... I can't be certain. He often is very indirect when he speaks, saying one thing and meaning something completely different. There's often a deeper meaning to his words and sometimes what he means is quite opposite to what he says. For all I know, he could like you as a person but doesn't approve of you being indirectly his master or he could be very suspicious of you in general. Chinese of his time were very suspicious of outsiders. We weren't to be trusted and were considered 'others'.

"If you go visit him, you should bring him a gift. Avoid giving gifts of knives, scissors, or letter openers as they signify severing of a close bond. I know that he gave Rosemary blades for Christmas, but he knew that she'd like them and is more familiar with her. Clocks, cut flowers, and anything in groups of four are to be avoided as well. A gift should be wrapped. Red and gold or yellow are good colors as they are the colors of good fortune, joy, and luck. Even blue-green is good for him. Never give him anything wrapped in white or silver. He'll probably refuse a gift several times before accepting it and he won't open it, unless prompted to do so, until after you leave. Give him the gift with both hands, like he did for Christmas. You also probably shouldn't tell him why you're visiting until he asks as the Chinese prefer a little small talk before getting down to business. Periods of silence are considered acceptable. Also, using your feet to move something or putting one’s feet on the furniture is considered extremely rude."

Rosemary Mori
Crew

9,675 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Winter Guardian 250

GamingLord
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:08 pm
(Later)

Jacob, for some reason, made sure he still had the gift in his hands, the wrapping paper made up of a color of red with gold bordering. It was a small set of specialty organic blood bags in a less utilitarian basic shape, and more pleasing aesthetically. Not so much a basic sac of just blood and flesh. The blood they were imbued with was special as well, being of particular mixes and tastes. Getting out of the transport he used to arrive at Jianshen's place, he started moving towards the door.

- - - - - -

A kick blocked at the lower shin level attempted by Githar, followed up by several more blows... He and Jianshen happened to be sparring at that particular moment. Both were of course careful not to actually hurt each other, and had done well in countering and blocking each others movements. Githar of course made use of what was natural to him, since it was part of his style, using swiftly made shields of energy from his arms to deflect blows, along with his forearms and hands. Out of the corner of his eye, Githar noted Jacob coming towards the door after they finished their match.

"You seem to have a visitor...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:48 pm
Ma Jianshen was addressing the few students who stayed behind to watch them and told them in Cantonese that was all, thanks for staying, and that he'd see them in a couple days. To Githar he said, "I'll be back unless he kills me." With that he left and soon vanished from anyone's view.

Several people exited as Jacob approached the entrance to the building. As he was about to enter the doors, he felt two fingers pressing a spot on his back. "Strike here correctly and lose use of legs. Not permanent."  

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

GamingLord
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:34 pm
Githar watched the interaction with some curiosity for a brief moment. He was at least amicable with Jianshen, with respect to each other as martial artists. He idly wondered what Jacob was doing here, before turning his attention to a nearby energy drink and taking a sip.

- - - - -

Jacob came to a halt in his movements, finally sensing the vampire behind him. And at a slight disadvantage now, though being partially paralyzed wasn't anything new to the necromancer if Jianshen decided to strike him in that spot.

"Hello, Ma Sifu. I was hoping you wouldn't mind a visit..."

All things considered, like any undead, Jacob could just easily manipulate the vampire's skeleton and put an end to his undead life for seemingly threatening him. However, Jacob didn't even consider or think that. Probably a good thing, seeing as how it would upset his lovers. No, Jacob seemed to trust that Ma Jianshen wouldn't do any actual serious harm to him. Still though.... He'd have to be careful if he didn't want to ruin the vampire's gift while still holding it.

Suddenly, Jianshen felt his fingers repulsed from that spot on Jacob's back. Necrotic energies, possibly with the help of spirits, actually shoving Jianshen back a bit as Jacob swiftly turned around to face him. The sensation must have felt odd, a pleasing energy sensation, yet used against him at the same time. Jacob still held his gift in his hands, but his finger tips glowed with the essence of a necromancer's magical ability. He wouldn't be so easily caught unaware a second time in case Jianshen decided to continue. If not, he would disarm of course...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:43 pm
"Merak bìxià, you can't teach me that (basically you cheater, I can't learn that move XD)," said Ma Jianshen while rubbing his hand and shaking it a little. Most of his long dark hair was in a single plate and tucked away to make it difficult to grab. "If I going to strike, I would striking already. Your hands are full so I didn't. I teach properly later. Come in."

Once back inside Ma Jianshen said to Githar in his native language while he locked the doors and closed up so no one else would enter, "I hope you're prepared to teach that to my students who will not doubt ask me how to do it next time I see them. Also is using the energy shield an open invitation for me to use my special ability a little without asking?" The vampire clearly hadn't expected him to use that today. His special was causing pain to those he touched which he often wasn't sure if he should use it in a friendly spar like they just have.

Ma Jianshen then said, "come I'll make us some tea." He lead them to what was obviously his office space and got out a device and handed it to Jacob. It was a translator. The vampire spoke in his native language to his students and those who were unable to automatically learn a language from listening to it like most reapers had a device that translated what he said. "Please put on."  

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

GamingLord
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:30 am
"Heh, very good point."

Following Jianshen inside, he saw Githar and greeted the reaper as well. The reaper seemed slightly amused at their interactions. At what the chinese vampire was saying, Githar responded back in cantonese as well.

~"I'll be glad help teach a bit of energy manipulation. As for your own special ability, I suppose fair would only be fair. If I could use my energy skills within reason, I don't see why you couldn't use your own as well."~

Jacob accepted the device and thanked Jianshen as he placed it on his person, the foreign language becoming instantly recognizable to Merak the moment he activated the thing. Idly, he thought and hoped Veni's vampiric kin would enjoy the gift of blood food he got him.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:16 am
Down some stairs they went into the basement of the building. The kitchen/living room was the same room. He lacked most conveniences that normal places would have, but had a small food cooling unit, almost no kitchen utensils, little counter space, sink, some food/water heating device, and what food he had for creatures other than himself was of the kind that would last a while without spoiling. He did have a fully functional bathroom in another room for a human like Jacob. He had a couple plants in his house with lights set on them including a shrub like one. He had several book boxes, wood carving books, and regular books most of them in Chinese (hanzi).

He did have a couple of nice pieces of note like a china cabinet of Limbo origin because the materials were sturdy and harder to break into the display which had a couple of Ming tea sets and some matching china with others from that period (don't break the priceless Ming vase XD). Also in the room was a wooden platform of about 10 or so feet in length with railings on three sides, pillows on it, and a table in a center. The platform and table had matching designs carved into the legs and the railings also was designed, but the base was smooth wood with a pad designed to go around the table that was added for comfort for guests. The vampire invited his guests to sit on it around the table.

Luohan (or maybe Arhat with kang table )  

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

GamingLord
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:33 pm
Jacob glanced at the plants, idly curious as to what kinds they were for a moment ,before being invited to take a seat. Just before he did so, he offered his gift to Ma Jianshen, insisting politely that he accept the gift after he would refuse it a couple times. Idly, he wondered if the vampire could sense the scent of blood from his gift, despite their casing inside the giftwrap. It may not have been 100% airtight, he wasn't sure. He would prompt gently to open the gift one tea had been served, so he would have something to drink as well then. He was certain Githar wouldn't be bothered by Jianshen feeding, as he'd been witness to Rosemary feeding of Galantros before, or other vampires feeding off "blood bags" as well, and really didn't flinch or anything.

To himself, Jacob had been thinking since planning his visit to Jianshen, that maybe it *would* be a good idea to better acquaint himself with not only the chinese vampire, but other children of Rosemary and Veni as well that were their kin. Building a good relationship with them all would be more beneficial to everyone, he thought, and build trust. Perhaps next he could spend time with Dan and Daisy a little more often. It made him realize that, subconsciously, he probably still held onto small habits of isolating himself just a little bit, although not nearly as much as he used to before being with Rosemary and Veni. He mused that he would always be a work in progress.

"So, how often have you two been sparring with each other, out of curiosity?"

Githar scratched the side of his forehead in thought for a moment, his blue glowing eyes dimming ever so slightly as he concentrated to remember.

"I would say roughly six or so months ago, wouldn't you Ma Jianshen? It was partially on the advice of my old martial arts master, Fliner, to seek out more sparring partners so I wouldn't become rustic in my practice, but I very much suspect it was so I wouldn't spend so much time concerning myself over my merchant and store business. Which I don't mind. Between my son, Rosemary, and Jianshen now, it gets me out of my shop more often and obsessing less. We've been able to teach each other a few things here and there too."

Once the tea was served, Githar curiously asked Ma Jianshen what Jacob got him. If asked if he'd mind or if it came up, Jacob would make mention that he wouldn't mind at all if, actually would like if he opened his gift now.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:45 pm
Ma Jianshen set the gift on the table. He filled a pot with water and heated it. While it heated he got out a ceramic teapot and other dishes. He picked some tender flushes from the bush and put it in a small bowl/saucer (I don't know what they be called), added some dry pieces, and put them into the teapot.

"Ah, I didn't note the date... Though I am curious about this master of yours..." He also got out sugar packets, creamer in those little cup packets (and maybe other things to put into tea like honey as he wasn't sure what Jacob liked in it), haw flakes, and some wrapped pastries and put them all on a circular tray. When the water was hot, he poured it on the leaves and brought the tray to the table and sat it down so that there was a cup in front of each of them instead of handing them out. He didn't feel like doing every proper step. Not that anyone there would know how to do a proper tea ceremony from his time anyways. "I'm not sure if you knew since you didn't say anything or inquire about it when you looked at it. That is a tea plant. It can grow into a tree if I let it."

When he picked up the pot, he put his hand on the lid and poured tea to Githar and then Jacob (note tiny traditional Chinese teacups). The tea smelled of jasmine. He was then asked to open his gift as he was finishing pouring the necromancer's tea. He set the pot down. He carefully undid the wrapping so as to barely rip it, looked at the gift and set it aside. It looked slightly better than usual since it didn't have pulsating veins at the surface of the skin everywhere. It also smelt good. "Thank you for the gift. It seems a little different than what I'm used to."

A glint of red showed in his eyes as he picked up the teapot again and poured tea into the cup in front of him. Once done he put the teapot down, brought the cup to his lips, and drank. It was like eating unprepared stinging nettle, but his face didn't show it.  

Rosemary Mori
Crew

9,675 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Winter Guardian 250

GamingLord
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:48 pm
"I think I can arrange a meeting with her tomorrow evening if you're free then."

Jacob was glad that Jianshen liked the gift as he took a small sip of his tea.

"No, I didn't know that was a tea plant... what sort of tea plant is it? You're welcome for the gift, I hope you'll like it when you sample it."

As the martial artist vampire took a sip of his own tea, Githar gave him a brief, curious look. If consuming regular things such as tea harmed him so, why do it? Tradition, customs? He could sense the discomfort with his natural empathy sense that was innate to his kind.

"Aren't you.."

"I thought you couldn't consume food and and drink, Ma Sifu... Isn't that uncomfortable?"

"Precisely what I was going to ask."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:49 pm
"My evenings are typically busy. It is equivalent to the start of your day where you start work. I couldn't cancel a class on such short notice. My nights once I am done are mostly free, but many creatures are in bed by then."

He finished his cup before he answered. "Indeed my body isn't designed for food at all or drink, however this is nothing worth complaining about," he said which could mean just that or that he's felt a lot worse so he shouldn't complain about it or that this amount isn't as bad as larger amounts. "As for what kind of plant it is, its scientific name is camellia sinensis. But what kind of tea plant? Many types of teas are made from it such as white tea, yellow tea, green tea, oolong, pu-erh tea, black tea, and many other teas around the world. How they're processed, climate, and soil types brings out different flavors. What I made is closer to an herbal green tea because green tea maintains almost all of the original leaf properties."  

Rosemary Mori
Crew

9,675 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Winter Guardian 250

GamingLord
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:25 pm
"Well, if it's closer to early morning, like around 4 or 5 in morning or later, she's usually awake by then. She doesn't mind visitors then either, she's very much a morning person."

Jacob looked back at the tea plant with curiosity for a moment. He'd seen other tea plants, one or two, that were native more to Limbo or other realms, but never an "earth" type one. A variety of teas made, several that he liked, all from the same plant.

"That's really interesting. I've seen maybe one or two tea plants in total, and they usually only make one or two types of tea."

"That kind is typically from a variety of earth planets."

Githar finished his tea, and nodded a little towards Jianshen's gift as he sipped the last few drips quietly.

"I'm not certain, but if it's due to not wanting to drink blood in front of company, I don't mind at all, and I'm certain Jacob doesn't mind either."

Jacob nodded in agreement.

"If that's not the reason, then don't mind me. I just thought I'd throw that out there."  
Role Playing Section (Create Roleplays and RP in here!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games