Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[1v1] So Train Me, Maybe? (Yin and Leo) [Fin] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Ephebe rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4, 5 Total: 9 (2-12)

Ephebe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:17 pm
She laughed briefly, "I believe you, I totally butchered that." She shifted back to the stance she'd been using for her greatly improved punches, trying to anticipate his next move and dodge.

That didn't work out very well though, and she ended up with another stinging slap on the exact same spot as before. Ouch, even though it wasn't fatal by any means, it really did sting more than she felt it should. A quick grimace and she went forward, aiming a punch for his shoulder. It connected, but definitely lacked the power from her earlier punches. Aw well, couldn't have everything.

HP: 25/30
Dmg done: 3

ramenli

ramenli rolled 2 8-sided dice: 4, 2 Total: 6 (2-16)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:12 pm
"I would not say that you butchered it, you seem to have very good accuracy. Simply that it might not be something that you can perfect easily." She was still hitting, and really, she was doing quite well. His Fear shield was beginning to feel slightly battered.

He struck out again for the exact same place, wanting to see if perhaps she would dodge this time now that he was going for the same attack three times in a row.

HP: 25
Damage: TROLOLOLOL no.

Ephebe

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

Ephebe rolled 2 6-sided dice: 1, 4 Total: 5 (2-12)

Ephebe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:10 am
She nodded, not taking her eyes off of his hands. He seemed to favour hand attacks, so that was what she'd keep her eye on.

When he lashed out again, she jumped to the side, avoiding his attack neatly. She figured he was going easy on her - after all, he'd just attacked the same place three times. She figured she was bad at this, but even she had to learn sometime and third time's the charm, right? "When did you start learning to fight like this?" She was curious, really. He was obviously really good, and she had a feeling he hadn't just started doing this recently.

As she waited for his answer, she went for another punch to the same place as she had before - would he learn, too?

ramenli

Dmg done: 0.000000000000000000  
ramenli rolled 2 8-sided dice: 4, 2 Total: 6 (2-16)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:14 am
"I do not actually remember when my training began," he admitted. "I began training when I was just a scareling." He spun out of reach, evading her attack.

"Now then, you seem to have punching down. It is also important to add kicks in when you fight, to catch others off guard." He demonstrated with a simply snapped kick from his waist, not hitting her but giving her an example. "Perhaps you should demonstrate one of those."

HP: 25
Damage: 0

Ephebe
"The greatest BS fighter of all time *A*

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

Ephebe rolled 2 6-sided dice: 5, 3 Total: 8 (2-12)

Ephebe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:27 am
Kicks! Leo nodded eagerly, taking in the way he stood and how he balanced himself as he demonstrated. Concentrating, she moved her own feet to match his, attempting to emulate his movements.

When she thought she had it down (somewhat), she spoke, "Like this?" A quick movement and she'd kicked him in the side. "Hmm, that was a bit too wobbly, I think." She frowned, staring accusingly at her leg. Totally not what she'd been hoping for, but okay.

Dmg done: 2

ramenli
THE BEST THERE EVER WAS

ramenli rolled 2 8-sided dice: 8, 5 Total: 13 (2-16)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:22 pm
He watched as she kicked, looking for what could be different. "Try breathing out when you kick, and as soon as you feel your foot connect breathe back in. Kicks may not have complete control if you kick quickly, just let your body relax."

He was ready to demonstrate again, pivoting and raising his thigh parallel to the ground in a smooth movement before lashing out toward her stomach, aiming to wind her and demonstrate in one blow.

HP: 23/40
Damage: 7

Ephebe
He's so mean QQ

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

Ephebe rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4, 6 Total: 10 (2-12)

Ephebe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:06 pm
She listened avidly, nodding as he explained. She could do that. Well, she could try to do that - but it didn't sound too hard, at least.

And then he demonstrated and wow, did he ever. Leo doubled over with a gasp, clutching her stomach. That had hurt, but more than that, it'd been totally-- "Awesome!" Her voice was a bit wheezy, but the word was audible. The smile when she straightened up was even more so.

Imitating his stance, she held her leg parallel to the ground and made a kick towards his side. It connected, and it was definitely better than before! Her smile seemed pretty much painted on - she didn't think she'd ever learned so much about fighting before, much less in one spar.

HP: 18/30
Dmg done: 4

ramenli

ramenli rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 7 Total: 12 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:01 pm
She managed to kick him again, a blow that he could not block, which was somewhat surprising. "Miss Leo, I believe you may be a natural fighter. Are you fairly athletic?" She was battering away at his Fear shield with seeming ease, and she took direction amazingly well.

He switched tactics, going back to his hands. Two quick punches, blows to test out if she was keeping her guard up.

HP: 19
Damage: 6

Ephebe
Short tag~

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

Ephebe rolled 2 6-sided dice: 6, 2 Total: 8 (2-12)

Ephebe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:50 pm
Her grin got even wider at his praise. Praise! From the best fighter she'd ever seen! "Fairly, I guess. I mean, I don't run every day or anything like that, but I do move around a fair bit."

The talking had gotten her distracted and she'd totally forgot to guard herself against his attacks in her distraction; two fast punches later and she was sorely regretting it. Blocking it out, she concentrated on replying with an attack of her own - one too-quick kick later, she wished she'd spent a bit more time to get it right instead of just rushing through with her kick. But there was no use crying over things that were already done, and she had to focus on the present. Warily she watched his movements for his next move.

HP: 12/30
Dmg done: 2

ramenli

ramenli rolled 2 8-sided dice: 7, 6 Total: 13 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:04 pm
He nodded at her words. "Staying active is quite commendable." Really, if she kept training, she really did have great accuracy, and if she could just put her full power behind each blow she would be a formidable opponent indeed.

His attack had caught her off guard, but she immediately went into retaliation mode. That was important, and he smiled a bit. "Excellent. You are not letting attacks get to your head, counterattacking is very important. You want to try to take advantage of your opponents movement to get into a prime spot. If they move forward to attack move to the side and you can try to slip past their defenses that way."

Now he was finding his rhythm, and enjoying the fight. Actually relaxing a bit, not really thinking of her as a ghoul so much as an opponent. He curved his hand oddly, one finger pointed, lashing out toward a pressure point in the middle of her upper arm, fully relying on his years of training. Just a place that was painful, potentially restricting movement. A weak spot, a c***k in the physical body's armor.

HP: 17
Damage: 7

Ephebe
The sad thing is that I bother looking up these weird things...and I just can't describe them well XD! ROFL

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

Ephebe rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 2 Total: 4 (2-12)

Ephebe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:58 am
Every bit of praise from the were-mantis made her smile widen. Really, she was so happy she could just about float away on a cloud.

But then he attacked her arm and, well, could that ever be felt. Her arm felt nigh on useless after he'd hit it, and she was starting to feel tired, sluggish. She hadn't managed to move to the side in time to counterattack, and she berated herself for it now. He'd given her such a good tip, she should have at least attempted it! But her limbs were starting to feel heavy and she just couldn't move in time. Her retaliating attack was slow, too, not at all as fast as she'd been earlier.

HP: 5/30
Dmg done: 0  
ramenli rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:59 pm
He could tell that that attack had done what he had intended, but it was perhaps too much for a simple training match. Her attack was sluggish, and it was easy to evade, lacking the quick snap that she been fighting with. Yin continued to watch her warily as he began focusing his Fear.

He reached out, but his Fear was meant to sooth rather than deal damage. "You have come a long way for training for just a short time. Perhaps it would be best to call it a day?" He could always keep fighting, but there was no reason to over tax the ghoul, and Nurse Cricket would probably not look kindly upon him injuring an inexperienced student for no reason during a training spar.

HP: 17
Healing Leo for 4 HP!

Ephebe
Sup bro

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

Ephebe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:16 pm
His Fear soothed her tiredness, making her feel much more rejuvenated. She could probably go for a swing more but well, what was the point? She was still at the brink of exhaustion, and she had learned a lot. She felt like she knew way more about fighting than she did when she entered the gym; and for the first time, she'd actually managed to do some damage. Sure he'd gone easy on her in the beginning, but she was still very proud of what she'd managed to accomplish. He'd truly, honestly helped.

"Yeah, you're probably right." She sent a smile his way, a bit worn around the edges but not lacking in any enthusiasm. "Thanks a bunch, seriously. I feel like I got loads better just from one spar, you know?"

HP: 9
ramenli
HI SORRY I totally forgot to quote you last post ;;; really really sorry <33

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:06 pm
"It was no problem Miss Leo, I am simply glad to be able to help you." He smiled tentatively back, a quick flash of razor sharp teeth. "Individual battles can change from day to day, so it is important to keep practicing."

He stepped back, and reached up to place his right fist against his left palm and gave her a slight bow. Their spar, just a training one was finished, and she had done a very good job. If only Alexander could learn as well as she did. "This was...nice," he added tentatively. "Perhaps we could train again in the future."

Ephebe
No problem~ I just thought you hated me and cried myself to sleep *A* (norly, its fine) XD!

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

Ephebe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:56 am
"Right, I'll definitely keep practicing." She nodded again, serious, before attempting a clumsy bow back at him. He'd showed her respect by bowing, after all, and it would be disrespectful not to show him the same, wouldn't it? She thought it would, anyway, so one makeshift bow coming up. It wasn't as smooth as his had been, by any means, but she did give it her best go.

"I'd like that! A lot." She beamed at him again, enthused by the prospect of training with him again and possibly learning even more. "You've been a really great teacher and I'd love to train again sometime!"

ramenli
rofl I'M SO SORRY OK /kowtows forever

But seriously: <3333

{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out