The_9th_Doctors_Rose
Crew

Doting Sweetheart

12,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:24 pm
I don't have many clothes but mostly all of the ones I have came from Goodwill..

I found a beautiful shirt that looks like denim but its really thin and flow-y perfect for summer...it has strings on the sleeves and through the top of the chest, it was like 4 dollars and its a Fashion Bug shirt so its a good brand. I also got a beautiful black and white shirt for 4 dollars...very dressy (I'll upload a pic later) Cato brand ^_^.

Its so hard to find clothes bc I am a big girl. sad

I found a brand new hot topic with the tags still on Nightmare Before Christmas dress, it was very adorable, for 2 dollars for my best friend's daughter.... that one made me really happy!

Edit:
Here is the picture.

This was taken on my birthday. From left to right:
Me (don't look you'll go blind!), Robert (my boyfriend or whatever you wanna call him), his dad, and his younger sister.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:54 pm
Very nice shirt cat_3nodding I'm wondering about the denim one now, it sounds almost like a poet's shirt.  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

oTrissa

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:01 pm
This really cute vanity mirror tray.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:08 pm
RainbowPop26

Edit: Here is the picture.

Hey hon, think you can edit the post and put the pic under a link? It's WAY big...

Also, Robert's dad = Uber-CREEPY old man vibes.  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

The_9th_Doctors_Rose
Crew

Doting Sweetheart

12,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:22 pm
Gigi Deveraux
RainbowPop26

Edit: Here is the picture.

Hey hon, think you can edit the post and put the pic under a link? It's WAY big...

Also, Robert's dad = Uber-CREEPY old man vibes.

Yep, done!

Hahaha well he is a pervert he is always making lewd remarks to Tiffany...and watching perverted stuff on his computer emotion_puke  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:24 pm
Gigi Deveraux
Very nice shirt cat_3nodding I'm wondering about the denim one now, it sounds almost like a poet's shirt.

Oh, thanks! 4laugh I didn't even see this comment till now...

Hmm, I'll take a picture in it later and post it.  

The_9th_Doctors_Rose
Crew

Doting Sweetheart

12,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Millionaire 200

Digital Fiend

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:09 am
A digimon t-shirt. I was thrilled when I found it.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:49 pm
Gigi Deveraux
Ayniu
Gigi Deveraux

The best thing I ever found at a thrift store (in this case, Goodwill) was a floor-length deep-magenta dress with lacy black flower pattern over it. It's absolutely gorgeous and looks like something that came out of the Titanic movie. =) I'm a sucker for beautiful dresses, and naturally this one was a steal. whee
In my opinion, consignment/thrift stores can have a lot of wonderful clothing depending on what kind of people live in the area. If you've got a community of rich folks nearby who donate a bunch of clothing they're sick of or have never worn, you're in luck. surprised

OMG I want to see that dress now!

The Goodwill nearest where I live is kind of the depository for the area. That means there's a lot of variety, and a better chance of finding clothing in my size that's also in good condition.

Shoes, however, I only ever buy new. You can disinfect shoes, but the wear pattern is different for every person, so it's not worth it.

Long overdue, but here it is. ^^
Dress <3

Ayniu

Fashionable Raider

9,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:22 pm
Ayniu

Dress <3

OOOOOHHHH!!!! It's GORGEOUS!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:41 pm
Would you girls believe me if I got an entire outfit for under $10 from two thrift stores? Dress and shoes from Salvation army and a pull over black nylon type thing from another thrift store I don't remember the name of. Though I added black lace to the bottom of the second layer of the skirt (it has like a fuzzy layer then another layer that's not fuzzy if that makes sense underneath the fuzzy one) and cut the fabric of the nylon pull over and snipped where the fabric was connected so it was more of a jacket type thing, cut the iron cross on the "belt" of the dress and took the chains off then sewed the chain links together in the middle and added a little gold rose pin so it would show and super glued the iron cross to a black headband. The shoes are a pair of really cute shiny pointed toe heels that aren't that big, maybe and inch or so. I did this all at Girl Scout camp two weeks ago as well fyi. XD  

Banshee Cupcake

Magical Wife

20,790 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Married 100

Ayniu

Fashionable Raider

9,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:43 pm
Gigi Deveraux
Ayniu

Dress <3

OOOOOHHHH!!!! It's GORGEOUS!!!

I know, right? And it was so cheap, too. o__o Gotta love thrift stores. <3  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:31 pm
I love thrift store shopping. ^^ I get mostly skirts and scarves.
My favorite thing that I've gotten from a thrift store is my gothic lolita-esque vintage skirt. It's got beautiful double lace trim and it's 2 tiered. I think it was one of those spanish dancing skirts because when I twirl really fast in it, you can see my undies like really bad.. xD

User ImageUser Image

The second is my other favorite. Vintage navy polka-dot skirt.*0* Now that I think about it, I got the shirt from thrift store, too. xD but it's just a baggy sleep shirt.

User ImageUser Image

I got all these on one of the one dollar days at Goodwill. :B & Sorry for the crappy pic quality and messy room background. lol

Opscotch

Wheezing Gekko

unchanging

34,950 Points
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Abomination 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:04 pm

I have yet to find a pair of jeans that actually fit me from a thrift store.
          Most things do not fit me; I purchased the one thing that did (a black Juicy Couture blouse for $13).

I am still looking for a special something capable of taking my breath away ~

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:43 pm

In my city there's a store called Value Village. Over the years I have found some really great things.
                      At one point, about 90% of my wardrobe was from there.
                      It's really great for Halloween too, because they get in the holiday merch, and they set out a bunch of clothes that could be used for costumes.
                      Best thing I've found there so far though, would be my vests. They are both lovely, and in great condition.
                      One of them I'm planning to use for a steampunk outfit, and the other I wear almost daily, because it goes with so much.
                      It fits my shape almost perfectly, and it really compliments my body.

Cadenza of the Heart

Inquisitor

EclecticDrops

8,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:41 am
Gigi Deveraux
What's the best item of clothing or accessory you've ever found at a thrift store?

For me right now it's my stretch boot-cut Levi's jeans ($5! YEAH BABY!) and a heavily-beaded purse (also $5).

I love Goodwill even if I have to rummage around to find what I want. The Salvation Army store is better organized, but the prices are higher so I don;t go there as often.

The best thing I have ever gotten from a thrift store is this pair of jeans that hit right at my ankle. All jeans now a days are meant for people taller than my 5 foot 2 inch height. I have long legs, but the jeans won't fit right. The pair was only about 4 dollars.  
04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff