Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[1v1] A Favor for a Favor (Roch/Xiu) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Kaiyumi rolled 2 10-sided dice: 2, 7 Total: 9 (2-20)

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:22 pm
"She's a little shy," Xiu agreed, humming thoughtfully, "But I don't think it's too bad? I mean--" The baku stumbled a little at the kick, managing to get in a weak counter before continuing, "--Lizzy and I have hung out with her a lot! She even stood up to Lou when he was trying to harass me--twice, in fact--so..."

Bouncing back a few feet, she decided to take Roch's advice to heart by practicing a few quick kicks in the air. "I actually usually kick more than I punch," She admitted, her tail waving behind her, "Though this reminds me a little of that time I had you teach me some self-defense moves. Out of respect for my old teacher, I'll be sure to avoid kicking that spot."

HP: 20/50
Damage: 3

Ice Queen

Ice Queen rolled 2 10-sided dice: 4, 10 Total: 14 (2-20)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:07 am
"Nah, it's not the same as before," Roch said simply. "She's scared, I figure. I don't exactly blame her... cuz of certain... things. But bein' shy is fine. Course I don't think she's as shy as y'think she is, she DID stalk me for a while," he said. "Which I really gotta work on, now that I think about it. If she's gonna stalk people she should at least do it right."

"And y'might not kick me in the fork, but there's other places and other ways--one of the best ways t'get an impact is t'add some spin. There's this side kick I picked up from a vampire one time--jacktard didn't like gettin' his hands dirty. So he used this a few times," he told her, twisting on the ball of his foot and kicking her with a roundhouse. "Ain't sure I do it as pretty as he does--kickin' was never my greatest strength."

But he still hit hella hard.

HP: 30/50
DMG: 8

Kaiyumi

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

Kaiyumi rolled 2 10-sided dice: 5, 5 Total: 10 (2-20)

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:02 am
She...stalked him? The news surprised Xiu a little--she couldn't imagine what an Amphi stalker was like!--but she found herself smiling a little. "How did she do? ...Though I guess if you were aware that she was stalking you..."

Wincing, the ghoul staggered back at the kick, managing a laugh as she clutched her middle and stared up at the reaper. "Greatest strength or not, your blows still hurt. I'll definitely have to work more on the defensive aspect of sparring, I guess."

She swung a kick out at his shin before lifting her fists again. "Any tips for defense? I mean, I usually just dodge or duck out of the way since I'm small, but..."

HP: 12/50
Damage: 4

Ice Queen

Ice Queen rolled 1 8-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-8)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:29 am
"Guard your vulnerable spots with your arms, if y'gotta," he told her. "Especially the face and eyes. But you're right about dodging--if y'can dodge, y'got a better chance of not gettin' hurt. A good way to defend is to bring your arms up like this and brace your legs slightly apart, bendin' at the knees--you're gonna get hurt if y'don't got a good stance, understand?"

He braced for an attack.

HP: 26/50
DMG:
Defending for: 4
Kaiyumi

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

Kaiyumi rolled 2 10-sided dice: 7, 10 Total: 17 (2-20)

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:44 pm
Xiu watched him carefully, head cocked the side as she listened to his instructions intently. Considering how she would never have the time to do so in a real battle, the baku did a circle around the reaper to see how how he positioned himself before stopping in front of him.

Well, it looked like he was ready to guard a blow, so it was time to throw an attack at him. Bouncing from foot to foot, she suddenly spun and snapped her leg out at the boil.

Hmm, seemed like that guard of his was pretty effective!

HP: 12/50
Damage: 7

Ice Queen

Ice Queen rolled 2 10-sided dice: 8, 5 Total: 13 (2-20)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:53 pm
"But it ain't always as strong as the hit you're gettin, and y'can't attack when you're blockin," he said bluntly. "What it's really good for is like what King did for me once. We were tryin' to get this fuzzy thing for the horsemen and King blocked it by grabbin' it while I attacked. That way you're doin' two things at once, and it keeps both fighters from gettin' too roughed up, see?"

He threw another kick, catching her in the shoulder. "Also--if y'can, hit the same place several times. It can get to the point they can't use it. Arms, legs, even the head if y'can reach it. But," he said. "I think that's enough trainin. You're startin' to look a bit roughed up." And he felt guilty about that.

HP: 19/50
DMG: 7
Kaiyumi

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:22 pm
Despite sporting a number of bruises--and a new one on her shoulder now, she was sure--the expression Xiu had on her face seemed determined as ever as she turned back to face him. That was, until Roch pointed out that it was probably a good time to stop. At once, the baku's ears and tail drooped, her pink eyes growing round with disappointment. "Aw? But Roch--ouch."

...Yes. Yes, okay, maybe it was a good time to stop.

Rubbing gingerly at her shoulder, the ghoul sighed, but was quick to offer the reaper a small grin. "Thank you for sparring with me! You have good battle tips as always." There was a pause, and then the grin faded, her expression switching to something a little more serious and concerned.

"As for Amphi, I'll contact her either later today or tomorrow. If she's up for it, we can arrange a time to meet so that I can find out what exactly is going on in her dreams."

Ice Queen

Ice Queen rolled 8 4-sided dice: 2, 3, 2, 3, 3, 1, 3, 2 Total: 19 (8-32)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:49 pm
"Wait a second," Roch said, holding up a hand to keep her from leaving. He summoned his guitar again, pulling the strap over his shoulder, then closed his eyes as he focused his FEAR into his finger tips--then into his strings. The sound seemed to pour out, flowing over the little baku and healing her. It lingered on the air and he shot her a grin.

"There, it ain't as good as Amphi's work, but hey, it's passable. And thanks. Y'know... for both of us."

Using: Y2 Chill on Xiu - Healed for 17  

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:53 pm
Xiu obediently held still as the reaper proceeded to heal her, the end of her tail fluffing out at the strange sensation of the notes flowing over her. As she sound--and the cool tingle--began to fade away, she turned to look at Roch, meeting his grin with one of her own.

"You're good at this!" She assured him, gingerly touching her shoulder and noting that it no longer ached, "And don't mention it. I'll always be happy to lend you guys a hand if you need it!" Whether she would actually be of help was yet to be seen, but at the very least, she would do everything in her power to try.

With a bright smile and wave, the ghoul was off to her dorm room to change, following an immediate text to Amphi.

{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff