Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Experiences & Running Panels/Conventions Info
What's your Favorite Activity / Event at a Convention Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:59 am
Well at my favorite con it's doing my own panel. Because I know a lot of people who go to the con I get feed back all the time.

1st time... not too bad for a first time.
2nd time... My friends were like 'WTF, I didn't know that.'
3rd time... My first little kids.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:14 pm
angelmage99
Well at my favorite con it's doing my own panel. Because I know a lot of people who go to the con I get feed back all the time.

Wow, that's amazing to have your own panel at a con!! What's your panel about?  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:16 pm
smithers456
angelmage99

I don't do the same one over and over. I do something new everytime.

1st: Japanese History
2nd: Stereotypes in Japan.
3rd: Toys and Games in Japan  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:27 pm
angelmage99
smithers456
angelmage99

That's amazing! You must be know a lot about Japan to be able to do these panels. What cons do you have your panels at? If it's close enough it would be neat to go to one. I'm always curious about other cultures.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:29 pm
smithers456
angelmage99
smithers456
angelmage99

That's amazing! You must be know a lot about Japan to be able to do these panels. What cons do you have your panels at? If it's close enough it would be neat to go to one. I'm always curious about other cultures.

I plan on getting a degree in Japanese history. I'm thinking a Ph.d.
As for the con it's not close at all from what it sounds like. It's in Spokane Washington.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:14 pm
Skits
Cosplaying
Pokemon VG Tournaments
Hosting Panels
Shopping
Anime Viewing
AMC Contests
Getting to see my friends that live hours away...
... getting free food from those people at every convention that just want to say they hung out with -insert cosplayed character name here-.  

ll dell Orso ll

Tipsy Gawker

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:00 pm
ll dell Orso ll
Skits
Cosplaying
Pokemon VG Tournaments
Hosting Panels
Shopping
Anime Viewing
AMC Contests
Getting to see my friends that live hours away...
... getting free food from those people at every convention that just want to say they hung out with -insert cosplayed character name here-.

I really like your list. You are definately are very involved in Con's. You must be a really good Cosplayer to be able to do skits. I Love watching the skits at cons. I have made a few "Cosplay" friends at cons and it's neat to hook up with them and other cons. The next con that I'm going to is Youmacon 2012 in Detroit, Michigan. Where do you go to cons at?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:05 pm
smithers456
I really like your list. You are definately are very involved in Con's. You must be a really good Cosplayer to be able to do skits. I Love watching the skits at cons. I have made a few "Cosplay" friends at cons and it's neat to hook up with them and other cons. The next con that I'm going to is Youmacon 2012 in Detroit, Michigan. Where do you go to cons at?

My cosplay/skit group usually stays around the southern states. Sadly, we haven't been around the con circuit for about 1.5 years but the 2013 season will be good for us... college students, living expenses, and just trying to find jobs are keeping us from doing what we enjoy. Two of our group members, we only get get to see them at cons TnT
I think the next group cosplay we're doing is going to be from Baka and Test: Summon the Beast. We will be cosplaying the chibi beast forms heart
I haven't decided on who to be though... Either Himeji, Kouta, or Hideyoshi gonk

What kind of events are you interested in? Past cosplays? Future ones? xd  

ll dell Orso ll

Tipsy Gawker

MadHatterzMouse

Magical Librarian

51,525 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:18 am
Cosplay Contest, specifically the Skits because most of them are awesome. (I like to record the contests too)
Dealers room
Panels

I would maybe have more if I could just attend a convention, but because I've somehow become known as a good volunteer I get sucked in every time. Though I have to admit my favorite departments to work at conventions are programming and guest relations (but neither of them are as easy as most people would think).  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:22 am
I really enjoy vending in the artist alley. You get to see some amazing cosplays and meet some interesting people.  

Blood_Red_Moon_Wolf

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:12 pm
ll dell Orso ll
smithers456

My cosplay/skit group usually stays around the southern states. Sadly, we haven't been around the con circuit for about 1.5 years but the 2013 season will be good for us... college students, living expenses, and just trying to find jobs are keeping us from doing what we enjoy. Two of our group members, we only get get to see them at cons TnT
I think the next group cosplay we're doing is going to be from Baka and Test: Summon the Beast. We will be cosplaying the chibi beast forms heart
I haven't decided on who to be though... Either Himeji, Kouta, or Hideyoshi gonk

What kind of events are you interested in? Past cosplays? Future ones? xd

I have only been going to Cosplay / Anime cons since 2009 so each one is a joy to behold and another chance to discover what they are all about. One event that has gotten my interest is Cosplay Shougi Chess. I have always liked playing chess and having the pieces come to life on the board as Cosplayers is really neat. Also I like the Cosplay skit competitions a lot. You never know what the Cosplayers will come up with next. I'm very interested in Sailor Moon Cosplays. I've been a big fan of the series since 1995 and a dream Cosplay for me would to be able to pull of a Tuxedo Max Cosplay. I'm always on the lookout at cons for Sailor Moon Cosplayers to take pics of. Good luck in your future group Cosplay skits.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:21 pm
MadHatterzMouse
Cosplay Contest, specifically the Skits because most of them are awesome. (I like to record the contests too)
Dealers room
Panels

I would maybe have more if I could just attend a convention, but because I've somehow become known as a good volunteer I get sucked in every time. Though I have to admit my favorite departments to work at conventions are programming and guest relations (but neither of them are as easy as most people would think).

I use to go to and work at Star Trek conventions for over 10 years straight so I know what you mean about getting sucked into it. LOL At one Star Trek con I was taking care of the needs of 6 different guests at one time. It was no easy feat but it was definately a thrill to meet and work with the stars. One of the things that I got from that convention was a bunch of very special autographs.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Jksmwla

9,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:26 am
Cariella
The Artist Alley and Gatherings are my favorites. And I always look forward to photoshoots if I have any.

What's a Gathering? I can't tell if the convention I go to doesn't have one or if we call it something else.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:22 am
angelmage99

ooo panel, those are fun. I helped with a fashion show in a panel last year.
But my favorite is Anime Unscripted, it's funny. ^o^  

Etherial Silky

Romantic Bookworm

23,000 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100

Cariella

Questionable Shopper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:44 am
Jksmwla
Cariella
The Artist Alley and Gatherings are my favorites. And I always look forward to photoshoots if I have any.

What's a Gathering? I can't tell if the convention I go to doesn't have one or if we call it something else.

A gathering is where people dressed up from the same series gather in one place and take group photos. There are usually run by a con-goer, and are not an official part of any convention.  
Convention Experiences & Running Panels/Conventions Info

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff