the little madeleine girl

Dapper Dabbler

9,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:26 am

December 7, 2012

My Chinese teacher (Xian Xi) announced to my class yesterday that I won first place in the Chinese handwriting contest for the transitional Chinese class (or TC for short). I'm so happy. As one of the few pureblood Chinese in that class it's only natural that I want to win. I was disappointed last year, when I accidentally doubled a word and was disqualified. So this year, I concentrated so hard in not making any mistake and I'm glad it paid off! Today, my writing sheet (or shiao kai) was posted in the school bulletin along with the six others who won in their class sections.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:08 am

December 7, 2012

Ugghh...third quarter of the school year is always the most tiring! I hate it! It's the only quarter without exams so each test really counts a lot in our grades this time. Plus, it's the shortest quarter so the teachers are squeezing tests everyday! And they give us a lot of reporting and projects to do because apparently, they don't think the tests they give us is enough. But the only thing the reports make is confuse us more with the lesson. Now I can't understand a thing about El Filibusterismo (the literature we are studying in one of the classes) unless I read the whole chapter which sometimes be so long and in deep English). And then a test with a coverage of 17 chapters will suddenly shock me and I'd do poorly on the test. Then it's my turn to report and man do I suck at it. And guess what, I got assigned to a group with no one having leader potential and I ended up being the leader so I have no choice of doing something I suck at. How great. Yesterday, I scored an 83 in Math. Ouch. I have to score so much higher next time to pull up my grades. But today at least I was able to score a 91 in Physics, but that's not good enough. Yesterday, we had five tests scheduled and I have to do good in all of them. And as if that's not enough to worry about, I have three reports scheduled next week, two solo ones and one group report. Then we have a school play to prepare for. I swear I'm dying from all this...

Dapper Dabbler

9,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200

Dapper Dabbler

9,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:40 pm

December 8, 2012

Today is finally our Family Fun Day/School Fair/School Foundation Day.So the day begins with all of us gathered in the gym for the opening remarks and field demos. We seniors will perform with the juniors later on and all we rehearsed for in the past two weeks will all go down to this. I will miss rehearsals very much cause not only does it cancel our classes, but I get to hang out with different people and it's really fun. Anyway, when the program was finished, we proceeded downstairs for school fair. Oh gosh, it was so burning hot. I wanted to get a smoothie so I stood in queue in the burning sunlight. And I was there for 20 minutes and queue hasn't even moved a bit. I waited and waited until my parents picked me up and I still haven't gotten my smoothie. Yeah, that was all I did that day. At least we have no classes on Monday emotion_awesome

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:07 am
December 31, 2012, 10:55pm

it's New Year's Eve baby! time for some loud fireworks once again! As always we gathered at my grandma's house (father's side) for dinner and play board games with my younger cousins (this year, it was the Game of Life, i won cool ). At about 9:30pm, we visit our mother's side of the family, which is the larger one and also the one who loves fireworks. As we arrive, my older cousins were currently in the process of lighting several smaller fireworks. We all gather outside and cover our ears as we watch. The noise is scary, but the sight of the night sky lighting up is wonderful. As I write from my grandma's living room, I am surrounded with noises afar and near. They sound like gunshots and bombs, really. I have to prepare myself for midnight....

Dapper Dabbler

9,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200

Dapper Dabbler

9,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:27 am
December 31,2012, 11:24pm

By now, we have lighted most of our fireworks. The fountain, the sinturon, the 36 rockets, we sorta wasted a lot of money. But it's all good. I mean, you have to greet 2013 with a loud bang, right? Wow, sinturon's happening right now. The noise is deafening. Let the countdown begin!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:39 pm

Happy 2013!!! c:

Dapper Dabbler

9,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200

Dapper Dabbler

9,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:30 am

January 10, 2013

During break time at school, i felt my phone vibrate so i checked it out. And the messages i received were from my parents. It said, 'Congratulations! You passed!!'. Oh wow, i could pee myself then and there. I had actually passed into the 3rd best university in my country! I quickly told my classmates so they could check out their results as well. Unfortunately, our school doesn't have wi-fi so they had a hard time finding out their results (it's posted online). By the end of lunch time we have the verdict: only four out of the eleven applicants was qualified and I'm one of them! Praise the Lord! I really thought I'd fail! The Lord really helped me big time! :3 Another test result will come out this Saturday...oh my...butterflies in my stomach! It's the one for the 2nd best university...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:21 pm

January 12, 2013

Today was so wild!! We all woke up early to attend the last day of the funeral of one of our distant relatives. It was the funeral of my father's cousin who died last Sunday from aneurysm. We rarely meet each other on that side of the family so it was kind of a reunion somehow, except none of us really spoke so happily to each other. His widow cried really loudly as his coffin was put on its final resting place. It was so sad.

After the funeral had concluded, we jumped into our car and drove the long, long way to Ateneo de Manila University where the exam results were posted. We stopped by a bookstore and ate lunch on the way. And finally, it was the moment of truth. I made a quick prayer to God before I stepped out from the car. The names were all listed in three bulletin boards. Oh my gosh. When we saw that, we immediately began to worry. Only three bulletin boards for the whole university?! You've got to be kidding! I began to work my way through the crowds and reached the bulletin boards. I began searching for my name and there it was!!! Oh my goodness!! I just let loose and screamed lol!

My parents were so happy that immediately afterwards, we went straight to a mall and they bought me a new pair of Sebago shoes worth about 75 bucks! And they also bought me a manga kit too! It was because only two of us from my high school passed. And the both of us weren't really the top of the class (I'm 7th in class, he's 6th) and we beat our school's valedictorian! Oh my gosh! Praise the Lord!! It is only with His help that I am able to achieve that!! Thank you, Lord!! I now suddenly understood the Bible passage I had read for my devotion yesterday. Thank you so much!!!

Dapper Dabbler

9,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200

Dapper Dabbler

9,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:08 pm

February 22, 2013

JS Prom tonight held at Luxent Hotel! Although it was meant to be a fun night, it ended it up pretty sad. IT would be our last night together like that. And graduation suddenly sunk into me. We were going to separate ways. And the videos they presented to us were somehow making me realize that this is it. Goodbye, friends! crying

Anyway, we're going to party all night!! We ate and danced and had fun. But when the waltz song played, us girls just wanted to get out of there! lol but we ended up being asked by guys to dance with them (my crush!). And it ended up being the last bonding time for us all.

I gotta get some good rest after this, our last exams are coming up next week!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:13 pm

March 31, 2013

This school year has been such a roller coaster ride to me!!

I've become used to my new school ever since I transferred last school year and much much more independent. Not relying on my classmates too much anymore. I can get by on my own, remembering things better now without any more reminders.

I've known my true friends and in the process, I have lost some friends, but have also gained some new ones too.

I've gained more confidence in the past two months than I've ever had in the past two years. And hopefully it's confidence that I can carry through college.

I've learned to let go of things that I previously have not and have learned a great deal.

Me and my fellow seniors have finally gone through our JS Prom, our Graduation Day, our college entrance exams, and our last high school year. And although there were things that didn't really seem fair in all of this, I'm sure of one thing: we're ready for college, for the real world.

God bless all the high school Graduates of batch 2012-2013!! If you've gone through High School, you can certainly go through college ike it's a piece of cake!! 3nodding

Dapper Dabbler

9,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
12. ✿ - - - Journal Writings

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers