Other? Post please!
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 106

PANK x l3mons

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:59 pm
tefla
PANK x l3mons
There are so many more ways to make gold now than there were 7 years ago. I too am someone who has been on the site for years and years, and I remember when I thought 400g was a fortune. I am also someone who buys GC to get more gold, however I am in no way endorsing this. There are a myriad of ways to earn gold. Booty Grab, posting, polls, spending a few days on the exchange, participating in website games, etc.

And what of those people who have slow computers or little time to be on Gaia constantly to play around in said portions of the site ... what then?

Just posting in this thread, I've made 200g. Doesn't sound like a lot, but it adds up quickly. Even if you have a slow computer you can still post and do polls. Random events happen often, I've gotten 2 this week. Don't open them, sell them unless they are Pink Links. I'm getting off topic, I'm not here to tell people how to make the gold, I just find it hard to believe that people would have that much trouble.

Hell, I would be willing to start a charity for those that can't come up with the gold in the time it typically takes to get a breeding because I don't think I would be out that much gold. There is already a charity even. Questline.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:02 pm
@ Lemon - So because you are too afraid to incur wrath straight out you settle for hiding behind a mule. That seems like a cowardly action to me. If you really believed in what you are saying then you'd come straight out ... like other shop users in threads before you in this forum.

I've heard some interesting little things about your account in general. This isn't the first time that you've set your sights on "attacking" Soquili with ideas. I've heard from someone that I'd consider a friend that you've lashed out against the shop before and attacked the owner at the time.

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Object of Affection 150

PANK x l3mons

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:03 pm
Ktns

I dont need to PM examples or your approval/acknowledgement that it happens, but Ill give you one that Ive had personally. My second Xochi/Req breeding was picked up by an artist and never completed for almost a year. This artist was still around and very active on Gaia and doing other things. Agneza picked it up and finished it. This isnt the only time its happened in the shop.

As I responded to someone in pm:

"Dropping breedings and transferring breedings are two completely different things. You don't end up having a breeding if it's dropped. If it's transferred, you still get the breeding, just by a different colorist. (Which depending on the situation, could have been a colorist that you would have preferred more in the first place.)"  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:04 pm
the_scowling_cat
PANK x l3mons

There are so many more ways to make gold now than there were 7 years ago. I too am someone who has been on the site for years and years, and I remember when I thought 400g was a fortune. I am also someone who buys GC to get more gold, however I am in no way endorsing this. There are a myriad of ways to earn gold. Booty Grab, posting, polls, spending a few days on the exchange, participating in website games, etc.

You need a soq to enter breedings, which is what my suggestion is about. There are freebies and contests all over the place that usually don't involve gold. Case in point, Niss's 'Triple Threat' basket contest that is currently going on.

Have you actually ever done those sort of things? Unless you spend more time than you do RP, or dissecting these posts, doing those things its is still hard to get gold in large sums. Yes, over a year you might make a mil out of doing that. Or if you're really good you might make 500k a day, maybe. The GC items are the only way to hit gold hard and fast.

I know you need a soq to enter breedings; I have a good number of them who've bred, somehow in the slim chance you have with slots these days. So are you implying that we should have to pay -more- for a breeding, just so someone -might- get a basket if three or four are done? I'm confused as to how that relates to this. How is paying more for a breeding going to get people more Soq?

Yes! I'm doing it right now! I just made 84 gold posting in the forums according to Gaia.

I'm not concerned with getting people more soq. Where did I say that in my OP? I just have always wondered why the heck breedings are soooo cheap compared to almost everything else in this shop. I don't think it's right, because if a colorist works on one breeding is AT LEAST twice as much if not 3 times as much as work on one custom (unless twins, but you still pay for each soq) and get a tiny, tiny fraction of what they would get if those soq had been customed.  

PANK x l3mons

a-disgruntled-dragon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:08 pm
To compare, SoA have expensive customs as well (though not as much as our 4+ mil Angeni and Skinwalkers), and they have a small cost for breedings. And their litters are -larger- than the basket total here. While they might not have edits, they make up for it on the detail in the pelts and the number of cubs/pups/litter mates.

I think Soq does just find in comparision, given they give us well editted pets at only two or three per breeding at the price we pay.

I get that you don't understand why breedings are so cheap, but hon, that's also the norm for most BC shops. If you solely want to change Soq's in compared to their customs, you best be ready to go to every single other shop and demand the same.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:09 pm
tefla
@ Lemon - So because you are too afraid to incur wrath straight out you settle for hiding behind a mule. That seems like a cowardly action to me. If you really believed in what you are saying then you'd come straight out ... like other shop users in threads before you in this forum.

I've heard some interesting little things about your account in general. This isn't the first time that you've set your sights on "attacking" Soquili with ideas. I've heard from someone that I'd consider a friend that you've lashed out against the shop before and attacked the owner at the time.

Am I attacking you? Because, really, you are attacking me right now. This is why I'm 'hiding' behind a mule in the first place. I'm trying to have a calm discussion and this is really off topic to be honest.

I am NOT attacking soq. Please, quote somewhere where I sound like it and I'll change it. I was told by that friend of yours that the proper way to address a concern or suggestion of this type is to post it in the feedback forum to open it to suggestions and comments from the patrons of the shop so that we could all find a common ground.

If you don't have anything to say about the suggestion or an argument to present relevant to the topic, please don't post. Put your opinion in the poll and kindly stop lashing out at me and proving to me that I was right to post on a mule.  

PANK x l3mons

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:10 pm
Quite frankly, the customs prices are pretty high compared to most of the rest of the b/c. So I don't think they should be used as a standard for comparison. Plus, one of the reason custom prices are so high is that you're paying for the ability to design your own soq according to your vision. Breedings are a very different kettle of fish. The colorist gets free reign there. It's not like you can say "Please give all my babies the unicorn horn from their dad."

It doesn't really make sense to have breeding prices similar to custom prices, because you have a lot less freedom and choice with breedings.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:12 pm
PANK x l3mons
Ktns

I dont need to PM examples or your approval/acknowledgement that it happens, but Ill give you one that Ive had personally. My second Xochi/Req breeding was picked up by an artist and never completed for almost a year. This artist was still around and very active on Gaia and doing other things. Agneza picked it up and finished it. This isnt the only time its happened in the shop.

As I responded to someone in pm:

"Dropping breedings and transferring breedings are two completely different things. You don't end up having a breeding if it's dropped. If it's transferred, you still get the breeding, just by a different colorist. (Which depending on the situation, could have been a colorist that you would have preferred more in the first place.)"

It's not so black and white as that. But this seems to be turning more into an argument and my post of the difference between waiting a 'normal' amount of time from a busy colorist to almost a year or more from some others who are still active in other areas seems to have lost its general point as an example and focused purely on one word.

Ktns

Lunatic

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:23 pm
In my opinion I don't think this topic will bring about any change. It's a waste of time and effort to sit "debating the issue" so I think this topic is now a moot point.

As one other user stated ... if you have a problem with this issue of yours ... you'd best be prepared to go to every other B/C there is on Gaia and complain. Don't just single out this shop.

This is my last post in this thread. (( Night everyone ))

Edit: In short ... don't fix what ain't broken  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:25 pm
the_scowling_cat
To compare, SoA have expensive customs as well (though not as much as our 4+ mil Angeni and Skinwalkers), and they have a small cost for breedings. And their litters are -larger- than the basket total here. While they might not have edits, they make up for it on the detail in the pelts and the number of cubs/pups/litter mates.

I think Soq does just find in comparision, given they give us well editted pets at only two or three per breeding at the price we pay.

I get that you don't understand why breedings are so cheap, but hon, that's also the norm for most BC shops. If you solely want to change Soq's in compared to their customs, you best be ready to go to every single other shop and demand the same.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree. Clearly, according to the poll, not very many people agree with me, but I really don't understand why. I am not a colorist but I put myself in their shoes and wonder to myself why I would be asked to do more work for less pay. It truly baffles me, but maybe it's just a matter of different worldviews or something. : (

Soq is in high demand, ergo they are more expensive. SoA puts out more pets, so I guess maybe they are just meeting their demand better than Soq is at the moment. I suppose they are probably comparable in customer base with a lot of crossover, but detail or not I just feel that soq has an overall higher demand and a higher quality. There are very few shops around at present that I think equal the quality and enjoyability of soq but again that's just my opinion.

SoA really doesn't have to worry about much edits. But, that makes it sound like I'm arguing for or against unedits/edits. Which I'm not.  

PANK x l3mons

a-disgruntled-dragon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:36 pm
Perhaps you're trying to thin the number of breeding pairs? I still have no idea why the hell you'd want to raise the prices for what is essentially a 'blender' of two other pets. If you're trying ot thin the crowd, at least say so. If you're suggesting we just all tip the good colorists for the breedings, say that too. I can't fathom the prices other wise though, sorry.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:40 pm
Roniel Targaryen
Quite frankly, the customs prices are pretty high compared to most of the rest of the b/c. So I don't think they should be used as a standard for comparison. Plus, one of the reason custom prices are so high is that you're paying for the ability to design your own soq according to your vision. Breedings are a very different kettle of fish. The colorist gets free reign there. It's not like you can say "Please give all my babies the unicorn horn from their dad."

It doesn't really make sense to have breeding prices similar to custom prices, because you have a lot less freedom and choice with breedings.

The quality and demand is quite high compared to the rest of the B/C too. They would not be anywhere near custom prices either. I don't want to keep arguing in circles but I don't see how they are a 'different kettle of fish' at all. Customs are and always will be more expensive than breedings. I'm not arguing at all to make customers pay the same price for a breeding as they would pay for all 2-3 babies in customs. I just think there should be a tad more compensation for the colorists' time and effort.  

PANK x l3mons

Mameha Otome

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:41 pm
Quite frankly, I never see this happening. Why? It was already said a few posts above this. -ALL- B/C shops charge super cheap fees for breedings regardless of how edited the kids come out. Why? I don't know. It's always been the normal thing to do in every single shop. Perhaps it's because compared to customs, the colorist gets free reign on how to decide what the kids look like. In customs you're paying more to dictate every single detail.

If Soq were to go insane and charge those insane prices for breedings, you can bet there would be far less people willing to bother anymore. I would up and leave, that's not worth my time, effort or gold. Especially when I can go back to another shop I like and continue to pay cheap fees for breedings and give all the gold I want for customs/auctions/raffles/etc.

Plus, gold is not easy to make unless you pay out for it. You have to spend money to make money and there are a lot of people in the B/C who, believe it or not, have better things to do with their time than spend it 24/7 playing every single game Gaia has to offer. Those that run B/C shops have more disposable income than others. Same with people that work for B/C shops. The vast majority of people I hang out with, rarely post on Gaia except for a couple RP responses and talking in a shop for a couple hours. That's not a lot of gold, no matter how much it adds up to over time.

Edit: Plus, are custom prices insane at Soq? Sure, I won't deny that...but as much as they could be lowered, I doubt they will be. Look at how much detail you can get for one pet. Look at all the options you get to choose from for one pet. Now compare that to other B/C shops. How much of that detail, choice and willingness from staff do you get in some?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:46 pm
the_scowling_cat
Perhaps you're trying to thin the number of breeding pairs? I still have no idea why the hell you'd want to raise the prices for what is essentially a 'blender' of two other pets. If you're trying ot thin the crowd, at least say so. If you're suggesting we just all tip the good colorists for the breedings, say that too. I can't fathom the prices other wise though, sorry.

Again, we'll have to agree to disagree. The OP is mostly a suggestion and I edited to reflect that. I love watching breedings, it's really cool to see what comes out of, as you say a 'blender' of two different pets. I won't lie and say I don't want to see more breedings for purely selfish reasons, but I have come to learn that the B/C in general is an exercise in patience and do not want to pressure colorists who seem to be getting back into the swing of things.

To see more or less competition in breedings is not the reason I made this thread. I am not trying to say anything other than what I have already stated in the OP. Please don't put words in my mouth, as I am more than capable of speaking for myself.  

PANK x l3mons

a-disgruntled-dragon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:51 pm
Hon, I'm trying to figure out the point of this. Not put words in your mouth. This is my opinion. I'm allowed to voice it as much as you are. It seems from my point of view you want us to tip the colorists (as you said previously " I just think there should be a tad more compensation for the colorists' time and effort. ")

Wanting to give more to the colorists is perfectly fine. Its why we tip them. But I'm now honestly confused as to what you think raising the prices will do.

What are you trying to do, because it seems to me you're trying to severly limit the amount of people who can purchase breedings.

Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff