Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
A teacher today Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hayyy

Ruthless Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:31 pm
she has the right to say it outside of the classroom, but there is separation of church and state in the U.S.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:15 am
Xx_LunaJade_xX
yes, I completly understand this position. Im just worried if and when I will get over this and be able to see her as positively as I did prior.
Shanna66
i would pull her aside after class one day and tell her how uncomfortable that made you feel. she may not have meant for what she said to sound so offensive. often times people who dont spend alot of time with lgbt people will say things and not realize how offensive they are being. just talk to her about it. if she starts being overly rude or just downright horrible to you then report her

also some people just arent comfortable with gay stuff, and thats fine, people are raised in different ways and have different views. so long as she doesnt start going around saying how gays will lead to the end of america or any other bullshit like that then she isnt really doing any harm imo.

you may be suprised, people can still be very good friends and have completely opposing views on important issues so long as they dont constantly make a huge deal out of it and are respectful to each other  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Alice Allusion

Ice-Cold Bloodsucker

19,890 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:06 am
She shouldn't be imposing her beliefs on the class and should keep it to herself.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff