Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 18. ✿ - - - Books
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy, anyone? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:29 am
Maga_Mago

I agree, who wouldn't be intimidated by her? I think she likes the thought of settling down and just doing her thing but I think she would just end up restless and be off to other things after a while.

User Image User Image

This is the difficult thing when it comes to books. Characters have this tendency of never getting old, especially in this kind of writing. It's like they will never die or get old or something. In my mind, she'll forever be like that, never getting married or getting old.
      Or maybe she'll just "settle down" with Mimi? xD

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:12 am
Louisa Iris

User Image User Image

This is the difficult thing when it comes to books. Characters have this tendency of never getting old, especially in this kind of writing. It's like they will never die or get old or something. In my mind, she'll forever be like that, never getting married or getting old.
      Or maybe she'll just "settle down" with Mimi? xD

User ImageUser Image

Hmm, that is very true. I can't see her aging and having grand kids or really getting married even.
I don't think she would get back with her ex. She was feeling so guilty about what happened that that would stop any other emotions from developing.  

Maga_Mago

Friendly Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:35 am
Maga_Mago

Hmm, that is very true. I can't see her aging and having grand kids or really getting married even.
I don't think she would get back with her ex. She was feeling so guilty about what happened that that would stop any other emotions from developing.

User Image User Image

Haha, you could say that we kind of disagree on that issue. I think she could go well with Mimi even after all that happened. I mean, aside from those that helped her during her trial, Mimi's the only friend she ever had. Although, I don't think she'll go back to seeing Blomkvist. He just knows too much about her, and from what I gathered from reading, she sort of dislikes people who know too much about her to have a much more in-depth relationship with them.

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:36 am
Louisa Iris

User Image User Image

Haha, you could say that we kind of disagree on that issue. I think she could go well with Mimi even after all that happened. I mean, aside from those that helped her during her trial, Mimi's the only friend she ever had. Although, I don't think she'll go back to seeing Blomkvist. He just knows too much about her, and from what I gathered from reading, she sort of dislikes people who know too much about her to have a much more in-depth relationship with them.

User ImageUser Image

Then we shall agree to disagree on that point. She and Mimi had a great and simple thing going, but didn't Lisbeth visit her in France and she was seeing someone else? I don't have the book with me right now, so don't quote me on it.
Yes, I think her and Blomkvist are over. She loved him and she hates him for that and she can no longer trust herself around him.
I noticed that too, the lack of trust with people who know her too well. She still keeps her eye on them though, because they know so much. And now Mimi knows way more about her then she willingly wanted.  

Maga_Mago

Friendly Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:26 am
Maga_Mago

Then we shall agree to disagree on that point. She and Mimi had a great and simple thing going, but didn't Lisbeth visit her in France and she was seeing someone else? I don't have the book with me right now, so don't quote me on it.
Yes, I think her and Blomkvist are over. She loved him and she hates him for that and she can no longer trust herself around him.
I noticed that too, the lack of trust with people who know her too well. She still keeps her eye on them though, because they know so much. And now Mimi knows way more about her then she willingly wanted.

User Image User Image

Haha, touche~! rofl
      Oh yeah, I do think I remember that. Well, maybe the common thing between Mimi and Lisbeth is that they don't have do well with permanent relationships. Everything's just fling to them.
      Well, she trusts Palmgren a lot but she doesn't "mistrust" him the way she mistrusts Blomkvist. But maybe Palmgren's the exception? I mean, she's also the same way to Armansky, but nothing ever happened between them. I mean, Armansky could have opted not to join in the fray but he chose to.

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:42 pm
Louisa Iris

User Image User Image

Haha, touche~! rofl
      Oh yeah, I do think I remember that. Well, maybe the common thing between Mimi and Lisbeth is that they don't have do well with permanent relationships. Everything's just fling to them.
      Well, she trusts Palmgren a lot but she doesn't "mistrust" him the way she mistrusts Blomkvist. But maybe Palmgren's the exception? I mean, she's also the same way to Armansky, but nothing ever happened between them. I mean, Armansky could have opted not to join in the fray but he chose to.

User ImageUser Image

True, they were simple and it worked great for them. I think that if they could start again, she and Mimi, they could potentially last a very long time. If they could work around every that has happened.
Lisbeth flat out told Armansky that they would never be a item because he was married and plus he was her boss, if I remember correctly.  

Maga_Mago

Friendly Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:18 am
Maga_Mago

True, they were simple and it worked great for them. I think that if they could start again, she and Mimi, they could potentially last a very long time. If they could work around every that has happened.
Lisbeth flat out told Armansky that they would never be a item because he was married and plus he was her boss, if I remember correctly.

User Image User Image

Me too, I think they would be able to start all over again. Mimi's ready to forget the past... but it's Salander who's the problem. She has tendency to be a wee bit sentimental over things. Probably because of her photographic ability.
      Yep, she told him that. But that's exactly my point. He had no other relationship with him aside from being her boss before, so he could have chose not to join Blomkvist since he doesn't have any ties with Salander.

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:27 am
Louisa Iris

A 'wee bit', that's an understatement if I ever heard one. Lol I don't know enough about Mimi to gauge wither or not weather she wants to be with her again or not yet. Not much was really said about her in the books, minus you know her 'big part'.
I think that he chose to help Blomkvist because of his feelings for her. Not the romantic, I think he was over that a long time ago. I believe Salander has this ability to bring together different people that would commonly never see one another. She has no idea that se can do this and is always shocked when there are many willing to help. Armansky is drawn to her because of what he sees she as; an honest, strange, fierce innocent and that's why he helped Blomkvist. Though I believe Salander wouldn't appreciate it if he told her that.  

Maga_Mago

Friendly Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:50 am
Maga_Mago

A 'wee bit', that's an understatement if I ever heard one. Lol I don't know enough about Mimi to gauge wither or not weather she wants to be with her again or not yet. Not much was really said about her in the books, minus you know her 'big part'.
I think that he chose to help Blomkvist because of his feelings for her. Not the romantic, I think he was over that a long time ago. I believe Salander has this ability to bring together different people that would commonly never see one another. She has no idea that se can do this and is always shocked when there are many willing to help. Armansky is drawn to her because of what he sees she as; an honest, strange, fierce innocent and that's why he helped Blomkvist. Though I believe Salander wouldn't appreciate it if he told her that.

User Image User Image

I don't think she's going to appreciate any form of emotions that are geared towards her, even if she herself has an issue with emotions. She's too independent to think that other people care for her. I think she tries to live up to her independence by trying to not care about other so that they won't reciprocate the deed. But still, she couldn't help herself in helping Berger out eh?

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:40 am
Louisa Iris

User Image User Image

I don't think she's going to appreciate any form of emotions that are geared towards her, even if she herself has an issue with emotions. She's too independent to think that other people care for her. I think she tries to live up to her independence by trying to not care about other so that they won't reciprocate the deed. But still, she couldn't help herself in helping Berger out eh?

User ImageUser Image

Yes, I completely agree with that. She has a deep inset of right and wrong and I believe that tries not to get emotionally attached to people because they ultimately let her down.  

Maga_Mago

Friendly Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:52 am
Maga_Mago

Yes, I completely agree with that. She has a deep inset of right and wrong and I believe that tries not to get emotionally attached to people because they ultimately let her down.

User Image User Image

Well, we can't really blame her because she grew up in that environment. Her life's been ******** up because of those SAPO bitches, so it's hard to foster a trusting attitude when you grew up with it.

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:48 am
Louisa Iris

User Image User Image

Well, we can't really blame her because she grew up in that environment. Her life's been ******** up because of those SAPO bitches, so it's hard to foster a trusting attitude when you grew up with it.

User ImageUser Image

Lord knows if I went through what she did I don't think I'd be strong enough to keep fighting. Getting her to back off is like trying to bleed a rock. One of the many reasons why I loved the books so much.  

Maga_Mago

Friendly Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:39 am
Maga_Mago

Lord knows if I went through what she did I don't think I'd be strong enough to keep fighting. Getting her to back off is like trying to bleed a rock. One of the many reasons why I loved the books so much.

User Image User Image

I know right?
      To have been raped like that... man, I think I'd spend the rest of my life in the corner of my room. She's THE picture of women's rights. Never back off from anybody and always fight for your right.

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:34 am
Louisa Iris

User Image User Image

I know right?
      To have been raped like that... man, I think I'd spend the rest of my life in the corner of my room. She's THE picture of women's rights. Never back off from anybody and always fight for your right.

User ImageUser Image

Not only women's rights but human rights too, I believe. Being who you are and not giving a damn what anybody else thinks. Love her. I think everyone a little bit of Salander in them, that part of you that wants to rebel and just do our own thing.  

Maga_Mago

Friendly Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:57 pm
Maga_Mago

Not only women's rights but human rights too, I believe. Being who you are and not giving a damn what anybody else thinks. Love her. I think everyone a little bit of Salander in them, that part of you that wants to rebel and just do our own thing.

User Image User Image

Too true.
      And not to mention that she's a genius when it comes to computers emotion_awesome with a photographic memory and all. She's like the perfect human!!

User ImageUser Image

18. ✿ - - - Books

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces