Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[Exam] I must not tell lies. (Kettil) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Pales rolled 2 100-sided dice: 80, 25 Total: 105 (2-200)

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:39 pm
The chalk seemed to like to be sweet talked to. More of the phrase stuck to the board this time.

"See! This is fun, this is totally fun," he chattered along ignoring the ache of his wrist completely. It wasn't hurting. It was character building as his mother would say.

(680)  
Pales rolled 2 100-sided dice: 68, 52 Total: 120 (2-200)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:41 pm
I shall never again doodle on my Professor's class work. I shall never again doodle on my Professor's class work. I shall never again doodle on my Professor's class work.
I shall never again doodle on my Professor's class work. I shall never again doodle on my Professor's class work. ]I shall never again doodle on my Professor's class work. ]I shall never again doodle on my Professor's class work. ]I shall never again doodle on my Professor's class work. I shall never again doodle on my Professor's class work. I shall never again doodle on my Professor's class work. ]I shall never again doodle on my Professor's class work. I shall never again doodle on my Professor's class work. I shall never again doodle on my Professor's class work.

"Once upon a time there was a chalk and it took pity on a boil who had to write a lot of things on the board and it granted him that pity and they were the best of friends and the chalk stood up for the boil at the wedding..." Kettil chattered along aimlessly but with a good amount of cheer in his voice, probably to cover up for all the suffering he was doing right now.

(800)  

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

Pales rolled 2 100-sided dice: 80, 37 Total: 117 (2-200)

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:46 pm
More writing later. There were still some phrases disappearing but at least some of them stayed to keep him company.

"And then the little doggie said, meow," Kettil rambled on. Endzela tilted her head at the Reaper. Yep, he was gone.

(917)  
Pales rolled 2 100-sided dice: 11, 64 Total: 75 (2-200)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:48 pm
Chalk was apparently jealous that he wasn't talking about it anymore and thus it took it out on Kettil by making the phrases disappear but not in vast numbers as before. Kettil stared down at it.

No. He wasn't going to let it control him like this.

ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ

(997)  

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

Pales rolled 2 100-sided dice: 20, 75 Total: 95 (2-200)

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:51 pm
He just kept writing and writing and writing and...

Endzela saw he had gone a good deal over the needed amount of the phrase so she quickly flew over and weighted down his arm to try and make him stop, "You're done! Stop!"

Kettil dropped the chalk as the sudden weight surprised him he blinked at the Familiar, "When'd you get here?! Also? your talons are digging into my arm, kinda hurts." He grinned down at her. He ignored the blood that was welling up from around the talon marks as he stared up at the board, "Oh hey...I finished!"

(1087)  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:26 pm
During the entire time Kettil had taken writing all one thousand and eighty seven phrases, Selene had simply sat in her chair, watching him with a sweet smile on her face, and petting her otokoyo in silence. When he announced he was complete, she let out a tiny squeal, and clapped her hands in joy. "How delightful! Congratulations on completing your first task, Kettil! Now, let's move on quickly to your second, so we don't waste any time, hmm? Here you go!"

She handed him a little wet eraser. It was clearly what had been used to wash the board before he'd gotten here. "Just clean the board up for me, would you? I think you've learned your lesson, after all. No need to keep all those silly words up!"

Of course, as soon as he tried, he'd discover that this would not be as easy of as task as it looked. But at least it was easier than the first.

Kettils Second Task
Roll 10d10. In the order they are rolled, an even number successfully cleans up part of the board. An odd number means the eraser wipes across the words and does nothing. Do this twice, for each half of the board. Post how many evens you got vs. how many odds you got, at the end of your second post as your score.

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
Pales rolled 10 10-sided dice: 7, 4, 5, 2, 7, 2, 4, 8, 2, 8 Total: 49 (10-100)

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:29 pm
He took the eraser from Selene with a smile as Endzela went back to her perch. Whether that smile was genuine or not was probably a mystery to everyone involved, even Kettil. Still he turned and started to clean the board without any hesitation or complaint.

Kettil made a mess and he was going to make up for it. Figuratively and literally.

At first it just seemed to have no effect or worse smudging up the chalk and just generally making it horrible to do anything with, then it would be okay for a spot only to cover it up with more smudge or no effect at all. Toward the end he got into a good groove and managed to get things cleaned or so it seemed.

Pales rolled 10 10-sided dice: 1, 8, 5, 5, 1, 7, 4, 2, 2, 4 Total: 39 (10-100)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:30 pm
Second part of the board was a bit of a terror to him. It started with no progress being made at first just as it was before but then it got better and before it got much worse. Kettil made a determined expression before he just put a lot more elbow grease into cleaning the board ignoring the voice that told him that this would never get clean again.

After a few moments he stepped back, "How's that?"

(ODDS: 8 vs EVENS: 12)  

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:10 pm
"Hmm.. It could be cleaner, but it could be worse as well! We'll move on from here. After all, I'm sure you want to get to your real test, don't you?"

His real test.

Then what was all of this?!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:15 pm
This was met with a blank stare and a small nod, "Ready for whatever you got to throw at me, Teach," Kettil said as he put down the eraser and grinned winningly.

How he could manage that grin no one would ever know.

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:21 pm
"How perfectly marvelous!" Selene truly loved the fervor with which Kettil took his testing. He was a hard worker, and was not letting her down! So she carefully picked up her Otokoyo, put him on the desk, and stood up. "We'll be going out this way, so come along, take my hand. We wouldn't want you to get lost!" She took Kettil's hand - an act that, in her younger years, would have brought a blush to her face. But this was a student, and she was an adult now. Things had certainly changed in the years that had passed.

Even standing, she was small in stature. She led him to the left side of her classroom, carefully maneuvering despite a few stumbles - perhaps holding his hand was more for her benefit, than his own. It certainly didn't seem like he was going to get lost in a classroom-

But they weren't in a classroom at all, were they? The desks shifted, and then lumbered off, walking away like a herd of cattle. The wall was nothing more than a sheet of dark ferns, easily pushed away once she reached out to do so. Beyond the wall, was a swamp, and it was here that Kettil could have easily gotten lost without his guide.

"Keep up now!" She chirped brightly, as she stepped gingerly from stone to stone.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:26 pm
Kettil was a little bit surprised when his hand was taken but he grasped her hand in return regardless and followed along with her watching as things around them became different as they walked along. It felt more comfortable here and he could feel more at home.

"This is pretty neat," he observed as Endzela flew behind them nearby, keeping a watchful eye upon them so she wouldn't also be lost.

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:32 pm
"Do you like it? Really?" She looked absolutely charmed. "I was so hoping! This is as close to a recreation of my home as I could manage on such a short time. But ah, look there! Our destination." She pointed to a tiny little mound of dirt, no taller than two feet. She took him to it, let him go, and settled her long tail in a circle, sitting down on it like a pillow.

"Go on, take a look inside. It's quite safe!" She wasn't lying. Inside the mound were several small, strangely adorable creatures. Green and brown, legless, wide eyed and completely helpless. They were baby snake creatures.

"Don't worry, none of them are related to me. But they are just little scarelings. Aren't they precious?" Selene coo'd and let out soft, wistful sighs as she stared at them. It was a shame she would never have any of her own. ): Damn you Arcie.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:39 pm
"Yeah! I like natural places like these," he said thoughtfully as he followed along. When they came to a stop and she settled Endzela perched on his shoulder and he took a peek at the small beings inside, he crouched a bit to get a good look.

They were adorable.

"Oh my," he laughed cheerfully, "they do seem very precious and ... very helpless in a way," he said thoughtfully wondering why they would be left alone in this way. Then again not every creature in Halloween had someone to protect it.

Endzela thought they looked tasty, but said nothing.

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:46 pm
"Yes, they're little darlings. So very vulnerable." She reached out and petted them with a single finger, cooing lovingly. "Ah, well." Getting over her initial adorability factor of the scarelings, Selene settled back and gave Kettil a tiny smile. "Your task is simple. Since this is your first year exam, I don't think I need to send you off to the human world. These precious scarelings will be enough. All you have to do to pass your test is to scare them. It won't be hard, they're already frightened from being alone. But you have to figure out a way to scare snake monsters, specifically. If you just sit there and go BOO - well, I'm pretty sure they will bite you in defense!" She giggled softly, covering her mouth as she did so.

"Well then, off you go! Try your best, and good luck!"

Kettils Exam Part 3
The easiest part of the exam awaits Kettil. All he has to do is scare a few baby snakes. What could he possibly use to scare snakes with?

Roll a 1d20. Any number above 10 is a success. And if you need me to tell you what you should be using to scare snakes, you auto-fail. =D

{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff