Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Legend of the Five Rings - Time for War Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:56 pm
Rain Yupa
Mongooseh
Rain Yupa
Mongooseh
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=1&t=23346233#344003343

Question: Can I nab myself some heavy armour?

I only have you at 116 spent CP/XP.

TRAITS = 53 points (after Blessing)
SKILLS = 35 points
ADVANTAGES = 28 (!!)
DISADVANTAGES = -5
Spells = 5 (Innate)

Also, you realize you can learn Mastery Level 2 earth spells at starting rank 1, and Mastery Level 3 spells at rank 2, right?

I read the spells and it said you could only learn spells from the same mastery level as your rank.

And sweet gets me more skills. Also if the spells innate part includes jade strike innate kuni get it free.

Innate = Tetsubo of Earth (1), Armour of Earth (2), Earth Becomes Sky (2).

Read the part about Affinity/Deficiency on page 237. The rough summary is that you count as a Shugenja Rank+1 for your Affinity, Shugenja Rank-1 for your Deficiency, and Shugenja Rank for everything else.

Alrighty then.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:44 pm
Gonna need to finish backreading this.

I was curious about Mantis or Unicorn- I'm leaning toward Unicorn at the moment. Probably a Moto, but I'm not 100% sold on it yet. Shinjo and Utaku infantry are pretty boss too.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:54 pm
For Teh Badger:

1) If this campaign is after the Day of Thunder, then the Badgers that survived Hideo no Oni's rampage are scattered all over Rokugan working as mercenaries to restore the glory of their clan and earn money and favors to help repair the Badger holdings.

2) It is possible that the Badgers gained favors during such service that would have enabled training in various other schools. At the very least, the Crane owe the Badger a favor for failing to protect the Badger Champion who was assassinated during the Topaz Championship when it was held in their territory. Who knows what a Crane favor might ultimately allow?

However, for my own character, I have his father gaining a boon from a Soshi and then sending his son to train with the Soshi as part of that boon.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:57 pm
Plainsfox
For Teh Badger:

1) If this campaign is after the Day of Thunder, then the Badgers that survived Hideo no Oni's rampage are scattered all over Rokugan working as mercenaries to restore the glory of their clan and earn money and favors to help repair the Badger holdings.

2) It is possible that the Badgers gained favors during such service that would have enabled training in various other schools. At the very least, the Crane owe the Badger a favor for failing to protect the Badger Champion who was assassinated during the Topaz Championship when it was held in their territory. Who knows what a Crane favor might ultimately allow?

However, for my own character, I have his father gaining a boon from a Soshi and then sending his son to train with the Soshi as part of that boon.

Can you go into more detail about this boon? How it was earned? A minor clansman training under the Scorpion is kind of a big deal.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:23 pm
He served as a yojimbo to the Soshi while the Clan was in disgrace. At the cost of his life, the badger's father saved the Soshi from old enemies who wished to do him harm.

I'm sorry, I can't offer more until I get more concrete data on the timeline to flesh out this character.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:31 pm
Plainsfox
He served as a yojimbo to the Soshi while the Clan was in disgrace. At the cost of his life, the badger's father saved the Soshi from old enemies who wished to do him harm.

I'm sorry, I can't offer more until I get more concrete data on the timeline to flesh out this character.

I'm trying to make sure the Minor Clans aren't more represented than they should be. A screening process is my way of ensuring that.

I'm just concerned an Out-Of-Clanner - a PRIEST, no less - is running around with Scorpion secrets as a sellsword. Out of all the Great Clans, I can see the Scorpion Clan being the LEAST condoning of this.

I can see a Badger bushi trained by the Scorpion, I can see a Badger shugenja, or I can see a Great Clan shugenja trained by the Scorpion. But the combination of all three doesn't leave a good taste in my mouth... neutral  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:34 pm
As it stands, I did not realize you have dropped the restrictions on Ronin schools. Would a Badger Shugenja who took a Ronin school be acceptable?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:44 pm
Plainsfox
As it stands, I did not realize you have dropped the restrictions on Ronin schools. Would a Badger Shugenja who took a Ronin school be acceptable?

Very. Almost moreso for a Badger than any other Minor Clan, I think.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:45 pm
Final Question: Heritage Tables....Yes or No?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:46 pm
EDIT: MONGOOSEH HAS LEARNED TO READ.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:59 pm
Plainsfox
Final Question: Heritage Tables....Yes or No?

None of the heritage tables in the main book go beyond The Second Day of Thunder, so they're good. Just roll in this thread. No deleting, anyone!  
Plainsfox rolled 1 10-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-10)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:08 pm
Free Heritage Table Roll!  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Plainsfox rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:09 pm
Dishonorable past...  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:12 pm
Right. Enough with this. I"m going to buy a good heritage roll spending 2 CP to do so.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:13 pm
Battle Veteran.
Ancestor was at the Battle of the Cresting Wave  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items