Submit

Forever_Hikaru

Dedicated Player

11,225 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:10 pm
"Of course you can Princess. I'm here to tend to whatever you need." Raine said with a gentle smile. She could see that the princess seemed quite nervous and distraught. She'll do whatever she can to calm her and make her feel at peace before meeting the Prince. She herself was nervous as well, being able to accompany the Princess while being able to meet this Prince, not to mention riding in a royal carriage too. Yet she never showed any sign of it for the Princess' sake.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:20 pm
"Do you think he will be kind?" She asked softly. Her eyes shifted to Raine's face for a moment before she smiled, Xaundellyn sighed softly. "There is just so much I don't know and I wish I could have had time to prepare"  

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:32 pm
Once Pit left the room, a quiet clank from the corner announced that Atahlea had relaxed. She never took anything for granted, not even after years and years of relative peace. Not even inside the quiet of the castle.

Stepping out of the shadowy corner where she had moved for the best tactical access, she lifted a brow at Maverick. "Still pouting?" she asked, not unkindly.

She'd known Maverick since they were both young. Well, younger--they were still young. She could get away with saying the kind of things that no one else could, as long as no one else was around to hear them. When someone else was about, she would withdraw, becoming nothing more than the guard of a prince.

A few wisps of blonde hair had escaped her braid, and with a frustrated mutter she blew them out of her face. Moving forward, she tilted her head. He really didn't look too happy. Well, fair enough. Not for the first time, she blessed her low-noble birth and youngest-daughter status--she was never, ever going to have to worry about arranged marriages, not with her dowry as poor as it was. And besides, no one wanted a woman that knew her way around weapons.

She didn't begrudge the loss; she enjoyed her work and was happy with it. But the prince had no such chance to make a decision. Leaning against the wall, she gave him a weary smile. "Want to talk about it, or do you just want to keep sulking?"  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:04 pm
"I'm sure he will be," Raine replied. "And I know this is all very sudden, but I'm sure the two of you will get along. If it helps, I'll always be at your side to aid you, Princess, no matter what happens." She gave her a reassuring smile before glancing out the window. The human kingdom could be seen off in the distance. It was only a short matter of time before reaching their destination.  

Forever_Hikaru

Dedicated Player

11,225 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Partygoer 500

MackieGee

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:13 am
gaia_nitemareleft Shino Harumaki gaia_nitemareright

User Image

Shino walked around aimlessly and found herself standing right in front of the Kessig palace. She had not realized that she walked this far, but before she could turn around and retrace her steps. Six imperial guards of the palace surrounded her. Shino was from Volvagia, everyone knows that citizens of Volvagia are cold blooded killers who are not to be trusted. She gave the guards a bone crushing stare and told them to pull back.

Shino had no intent on killing any of the guards but if they do attack, it wouldn't be pretty. The guards showed no signs to pulling back, so Shino made her way through the wall of guards. As expected, the guards gave way for her to pass, a smirk crept up her lips. "Nothing can stop me, not even a couple of Kessig guards." But a second after that thought, a naive guard charged towards her, "STOP SOLDIER!" shouted one of the guards but it was too late. Needless to say Shino destroyed him, she was always prepared for any surprise attack.

Shino drew out her chain and immediately slashed the young guard on his right leg. Her facial expression was emotionless but she did enjoy having the upper hand when in came to a fight against men. "You will forever be walking with a limp in your step, you were lucky i chose not to kill you" Shino turned around to find most of the townsmen watching her, never did she like all the attention on her. As she walked towards the intimidated crowd, everyone started to disperse leaving the scene in fear of getting in her way.

This outing did, in one way or another pleased Shino as she had exciting news for the Volvagian King. - The date of the peace marriage of the Kessig prince and the Timberland princess was drawing closer , something that would interest the King greatly

uilenyk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:21 am
"Thank you Raine, I appreciate that very much." Xaundellyn fell silent after their exchange, the knot in her stomach tightening as the carriage drew closer to the Kessig Kingdom. After a short time the mobile creaked to a stop and Xaundellyn waited patiently as the footman opened the door. Well, Here goes. She smoothed out the folds of her dress as she stood, hating how travel always crumpled ones clothing, and then descended the steps into the bright daylight.  

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100

Forever_Hikaru

Dedicated Player

11,225 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:06 pm
Raine followed closely behind the Princess. She herself was wearing one of her best outfits in respect to the Kessig Kingdom, but of course it could never compare to even a nobleman's clothing. There she stood off to the side and behind the Princess while standing poised in front of the Kingdom.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:45 am
Maverick chuckled and he looked over to his guard. "Always on duty aren't you." He smiled at Atahlea. "I'm not sulking, just thinking! I mean I never met this woman and now I'm to be wed to her? It is crazy. I don't know if this is a good plan."

The king looked at the man who was kneeled before hime. He considered what the man was saying "And what would you propose as an alternative, young king of Volvagia." Civil war was a concern on his mind but he saw this as the best option.  

Sivlerwolf14

Devoted Streaker

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:11 pm
A quick, bright grin flashed over Atahlea's face; one rarely seen outside the privacy of their personal conversations. Out there, she was the guard. In here, in the quiet of the prince's room, with only the prince as witness, she didn't have to be just guard or warrior--she could be herself, too, and that was nice. Idly, she tucked a bit of loose hair behind one ear.

She didn't bother to answer his remark about her duty. Of course she was always on duty. Not only was he the closest thing she had to a friend, but it was her job to protect him--if anything happened to him, she was out of work.

Crossing to him once he spoke of his real concern, she lightly held her armored hand just above his shoulder--it was not the place of a guard to touch the prince, so this was the closest she could come to a comforting gesture. "It happens all the time in noble families," she reminded him. She knew he knew it, but it was different when it happened to you. "Especially in the royal line. Your marriage was always going to be a political alliance; if not with this princess, then with another one."

What was she doing, talking royal alliances and lineage? she wondered. She couldn't know how he felt; she would never have to worry about this. "You're the heir. You've got to have heirs of your own, to make sure that the people see that the line continues and the throne's in no danger. Otherwise all sorts of messy things will happen. Remember the civil war between those two lesser kingdoms when we were younger, because the one king died without an heir? That's what this is all about. And it could be worse--at least you don't have to live there, right? She's coming here."

She gave him a quick, tired smile. "I know it's a pain and all. Can't say I know how you feel, 'cause I'll never have this problem. But it'll be all right; I know you can manage. Maybe she'll be nice. And if not, well...you're the prince. You'll figure out something."  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:28 pm
Maverick sighed he took her hand and patted it over his shoulder. He nodded "You're right. I suppose it is better to prevent bloodshed. I just have no knack for diplomacy. I have no patience for it either." He shook his head "I much prefer battle, the test of ones skill and resolve. That is where my heart lies." He shook his head "Alas war is an ugly thing." He looked over at his bodyguard and said "I envy you, not being forced to marry."  

Sivlerwolf14

Devoted Streaker

uilenyk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:44 pm
"There are only 2 ways in which I can think of that will appease the hatred within the hearts of the people: a long period of time where there is no threat of attack from Timberland or the complete destruction of Timberland," Zaneth replied calmly without moving from his keeled position or raising his head. "I suggest you call a meeting with the leader of Timberland and draw up a long term NAP while keeping the boarders the why they are now. Over time, people will start feeling safe and the grudges they hold will slowly die away. From here you can continue to build up the relationship between the 2 nations by setting up trade agreement. This will build up trust between the peoples and will eventually bring about true peace. If Timberland is as serious as we think they are about wanting peace then the NAP should be easy to setup. I'm sure their people would be happy to have their princess back and there will be less leaders who will feel the need to rise up against this decision diminishing the chance and power of an uprising."  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:49 pm
Atahlea winced when the prince took her hand and placed it against his shoulder. As soon as he let go, she quickly removed it and placed both her hands firmly behind her back. "I wish you'd stop doing that," she grumbled. "Someone's going to see some day and I'm going to get in trouble. You know I'm not supposed to touch you."

She went quiet and listened while he talked; it was natural for her to wait until he spoke before she did. A flicker of amusement came into her eyes when he spoke of battle and diplomacy. "That's for sure. Diplomacy went out the window with the frog incident. That poor tutor. Maybe I should check the drawers in the princess's room before she gets here." Sure, they'd only been in their early teens at the time, but she had no intention of ever letting Prince Maverick forget it.

They did practices, together and separately, almost every day, and Atahlea knew he was a skilled warrior. But she also knew he had too much heart, too much compassion, for his own good. That was what she was for, that was why he had a guard--to be the heartlessness to his compassion.

She scuffed one boot against the floor, looking a little ashamed. "Ah, well, it's a bit of a different situation. You know how it is. Youngest daughter, no dowry." Though it was a bit of a struggle, she smiled and waved it away. "I know it'll be tough, but you'll manage. Have you considered talking to your father?" she asked, suddenly thinking of it. "I bet his marriage to your mother was arranged. Maybe he can give you advice. Or something."  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Sivlerwolf14

Devoted Streaker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:30 pm
Maverick chuckled "I wouldn't let them take you away. You're safe here." He smiled at her "That tudor had it coming! and no the Princess's room is fine. Father made sure the guards didn't let me inside." His smile turning into more of a smirk. He shook his head "You're the guard of a prince, and my personal friend. When the time comes you let me worry about the dowry." He thought about what she said "He's in a meeting at the moment, but perhaps I shall talk to him later."

The king stroked his bearded chin in thought about what the young man said. "You are stilll young, time does heal most grievances. But time is also unpredictable. Even if we create a Non-agression pact whose to say, fifty years from now in the middle of my sons reign a revolution doesn't occur in Timberland and the new king or queen doesn't start war? Why should I take that risk when there is a chance for a sustained long lasting peace now?"  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:41 pm
Atahlea just shook her head. "Your lack of perspective is showing again," she told him dryly, with a hint of a smile behind her eyes. "It's not okay. I'm a guard. There are rules. You know that." She stuck very firmly to her idea of the rules, at least as best she could with someone like Maverick around to keep an eye on. He seemed determined to erase the lines dividing them with every chance he got, and she had to run to keep up with him while drawing them again.

"Only because you don't like history," she teased, moving on to an easier topic. "The poor man did his best with you." At his admission, she pretended to look thoughtful for a moment. "Your father is a wise man," she concluded.

She just caught herself from rolling her eyes when he mentioned her dowry--they'd had this argument, however friendly, several times. She was not comfortable having him pay for it. He wasn't her father, nor her brother, nor anyone else who was supposed to deal with that sort of thing. It wasn't his duty. But she had aired these objections several times, and he just rolled right over them. By this point, they could each recite the other's arguments on the topic in their sleep, so she let it slide. But it only reinforced her determination--if she ever should find someone she was interested in marrying, Prince Maverick was going to be the last to know, and he would only know when she told him to show up at her wedding, once everything was arranged and paid for.

Not that this was a big concern. She was young still, and like the prince had said, she would never have the worry of an arranged marriage.

Moving on, she grinned. "What, not interested in interrupting him anymore these days? My, we've both grown up, haven't we?" She shifted her weight easily, letting her body relax while they talked; it was more comfortable to stand than to sit while she was armoured, even in the lightweight guard-duty stuff she was in now.  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

uilenyk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:53 pm
"The young prince has a strong honor and justice. I'm sure he would uphold your word in memory of your honor and for his own. Elves live lives much longer than ours and they do not like change. They will not forget such a pact so easily. As for your grandson, and their sons, I'm sure they will be just as honorable as your son." This was the one flaw in his plan but he hopped that the king would not press the issue.  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff