Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[HH 5 vs ??] Science Party (Chris, Mal, Riley, Barth,Calder) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:23 pm
Riley thought she had prepared herself for the moment when Christof's memories became reality. She thought that seeing Amrita would be a learning experience. Something to glean information on, in order to save her.

But when she turned to look up at the monster that floated towards them, even as it lashed out towards the people she loved and hurt them, Riley froze. She couldn't move, for several long seconds. It was a good thing that Amrita had no intention of staying to finish them off.. because there was no telling how long Riley would have stood there, and let it happen.

When the monster moved out of their range of vision, Riley collapsed to her knees, and wrapped her arms around her body. She was shaking. And she was nothing of the strong and capable Illithid she'd once been.

I wasn't ready.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:54 pm
"Calder- Amrita, wait!!" Malodore cried out, lunging for her; but its claws only sliced through mist, and it ended up slumped where she'd been, wings dragging, tail limp. The memories, the comparisons, were nearly overwhelming.

And then it felt Riley's fear and turned, moving the few steps to her side and crouching next to her, sweeping its wings around her protectively. "Lo so, lo so," it said, quietly. Because it did - it never, ever wanted to see anyone it knew, even vaguely, rendered grey and fading and broken. Except it was very certain that that desire was going to be crushed repeatedly in the coming hours...

It looked up, still sheltering her, gaze sober. Only the faint tremble of its wings betrayed its agitation. "Thank you, Calder - Christof... we will save her." It forced its voice to firm. "She has not yet been lost to us. There is yet hope..."  

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

Bilious

Sparkly Wolf

11,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:05 pm
Christof sagged as Amrita faded, his expression greener than usual. He wobbled, falling to his knees before crumpling into a seated position. Malodore's words were distant, difficult to grasp. How could it say she could still be saved? How did it know?

She hadn't recognized them... she hadn't recognized him.

With a sudden, strangled whine, he slammed his massive, thorny monstrous fist into the ground.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:42 pm
Amrita did not stay. Even with the attacks, she had hoped the undead would be weakened and dragged back out of this house, but she took her leave. Amrita was still in this place, and as long as she was here, she was in trouble. There was nothing good about this place. This place that showed up just as Amrita turned, and somehow appeared as if summoning all those students to betray them all. Her mind instantly went to think of the hunters, as was usually the case, and then of the discussion Calder and Amrita had about her time with the hunters. Amrita never wanted to be changed, used, and then harm her friends. She wouldn't allow that to happen to his best friend.

Agitated, the mare turned back and forth, tail lashing, nostrils flared, and every few steps digging at the earth. Looking over, she saw Malodore and Riley, and then moved over to Christof. "Why did you call Riley? She shouldn't be here."

MoonKitsune
Crew

Romantic Exhibitionist

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:52 pm
How can you be so sure? Riley's whisper came, quiet and shaky. But as soon as she said it, she shuddered and pushed away the feelings that kept her crippled. She stood up quickly and gave Calder a skeptical look. Why shouldn't I be here? I can handle myself. She'd failed to prove such a moment ago, but her stubbornness won out now. She was determined not to fall prey to her fear again.

We should follow her. At the very least, we should watch in hopes that she has a weak point. If she's weakened, I'm sure one of us could get close enough to attempt to disengage her from whatever is triggering this transformation. It could work. Though she was certain of one thing - that person would not be her.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:49 pm
"None of us should be here. This shouldn't be happening," Malodore declared, irritation - at the Insanity, not Calder - rising in its voice. "Not here, at this place - this place is already a dangerous nexus. It didn't need to be more dangerous, dannazione!" It flung all of its fear for Amrita into anger, transmuting it into something useful, not paralyzing.

"Mia cara... even I was not a weak point for you," it added, with a sigh. "I do not say that for you to blame yourself; simply that if my theories are correct, the Insanity gestalt consciousness overwhelms the host. The host becomes one of many, until the gestalt recedes. In theory."

Too many theories. Not enough concrete knowledge.  

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:03 pm
One of many.

Riley clung to that phrase, her eyes thinning deep in thought. This was a topic she knew about, at least. So you're saying we have to find the source? Cut them off there?

She couldn't fathom what the source of all Insanity was, except-

Home.

Perhaps we need to try to figure out.. just where home is. For once, she actually wished she could remember her time as an Insanity beast.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:17 pm
Christof turned sharply, wobbling to his feet as he stared intently at Malodore and then to Riley. His brows creased in thought, calculating, finally, he signed and translated mentally for Riley simply, "Show-me-what-to-destroy-will-chop-it-up-piece-by-piece." His eyes glanced to Calder, all three hands tightening into fists.

Calder understood the emotional attachment to other beings better than he did. If it had been Barth corrupted like that...

His stomach clenched. Whatever it was, it needed to be cut off at the head.  

Bilious

Sparkly Wolf

11,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50

MoonKitsune
Crew

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:29 pm
Calder tapped her hooves, pawing at the dirt as Christof just looked at her. FINE! If he wanted to put someone who already had been infected with Insanity in trouble once again, then they could just run into a pool of Insanity for all she cared!

"Whatever." She huffed, before looking about and then at their group. The moment Amrita saw them, she started to attack. She recognized them, but also attacked them.

"Insanity doesn't attack Insanity....does it?" She mused, before looking at them. "Everyone, stay RIGHT here. I'll be right back. I have an idea." A gleam was in her eyes as the mare turned around and ran off into the mist.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:34 pm
That..

Riley pointed lazily at the retreating kelpie.

I worry about what just happened there.

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Bilious

Sparkly Wolf

11,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:58 pm
Christof gave a muffled grown, burying his face in a massive clawed hand.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:00 pm
It did take a bit of time for Calder to return, and from the dark came the white figure of the mare rushing up to meet them. Panting and exhausted, as Calder had wanted to waste no time lest they loose Amrita due to distance, she dug her hooves to a halt and took a breather.

"Back." She panted.

On her flank rested 4 large, burlap sacks with the words 'FLOUR' written in black on the sides, and on top was a very sleepy demon. What? If Christof could bring Riley and Malodore, Calder could bring Barth.

MoonKitsune
Crew

Romantic Exhibitionist

Toshihiko Two
Crew

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:31 am
Coloring aside, Barth was not much different from the bag of flour. Cleaning was exhausting, so as a matter of course he hadn't done any cleaning whatsoever.

He was, at this point, used to being slung over shoulders and carried places. But the sinister fog looked nothing like the gentle afternoon mists of a secluded riverbank.

"Calder," he said, stirring from the mare's shoulder and commenting a little dryly, "if this is a Campaign Party, I'm rather campaigned out."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:40 pm
The plague doctor turned to Riley, nodding slowly. "Si... I had never thought to seek out such a thing, but you are right. The drive for home is a constant." Saying the word made it seem to echo faintly, and it winced inwardly. Stay away, stay away just a while longer...

Then hoofbeats sounded in the fog as Calder returned. Malodore was surprised by what Calder had brought, to say the least - though more shocked by the flour than by the sloth demon. "It's been some time," it said, nodding to Barth, giving the flour sacks a sidelong glance. The plague doctor couldn't begin to fathom what those were for.  

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:02 pm
Riley was not so lucky. She knew exactly what Calder was suggesting, and she looked entirely put out by it. If you believe that Insanity is so superficial in nature, that simply looking like them would protect you.. then you can cover yourself in flour. I, however, look enough like them already. I'll risk it.

She gave the sleepy demon a curious glance, recalling who he was simply through Malodore's memories, before brushing it off. It's a long shot, but perhaps if we find one of the creatures and simply asked them to show us home, they would lead us there. That would put us on the hunt, instead of being hunted.

Her expression indicated that she liked that idea very much.

One of the students would be pointless. We need one that has changed naturally.. like I did.

The thought had crossed her mind to simply give in to the call herself, but.. she kept that thought to herself.

{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff