Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
Vice Captain

Original Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:15 pm
I havent read it. I'm not really interested in reading it either. Sounds like a load of hype about nothing.
My mother did buy it though, she read the first few chapters, then decided it was boring and "there wasn't enough sex" burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:51 pm
i haven't read it and i've been warned NOT to read it. LOL.
my friends and i were at chapters once and i had this friend who went on spazzing about it to me and this other friend of mine.
my literature friend acted like his ears were bleeding when he heard 50 shades of grey. i found it hilarious.
apparently its english is horrible.
and since i'm also into english i don't think it's the book for me.
i don't think i'm reading it any time soon. LOL.

EarlsGarden

Newbie Hunter

PSM Guild Mule

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:05 am
User Image

The intro is really boring.
Here I am reading it and I'm like, "ok quit fooling around wheres the sex at."

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:22 am
There are so many girls I work with who've read it. I know it's terrible but I'm tempted to read it just so I can see why on earth any of them see in it. I've heard It's a terrible example of relationships especially s/m one so I'd like to do a sort f social experiment because my coworkers are generally smart and independent women and I want to know what would influence them to think the relationship in the book is a good one  

LustfulMuffinDemon

Dapper Phantom

9,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100

xXNi-ChanXx

Lonely Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:26 am
I'm actually currently reading that book.
In my personal opinion.
Yes it might be a Twilight Fanfic and I am a Anti-Twilight person(I even had to swallow my pride went to see the movie with my bf because HE wanted to see it. As much as I hate twilight, I still went with him. I have to say, the movie was a comedy.)
But its actually really good. I am almost done with the book. I am probably half way done.
All I gotta say is stick to what you like and thats it. You don't need to read a book that you don't like. Just read the summary at the back of the book. If it seems like you type of book than reading if not than don't even bother looking inside the book and start criticizing the grammar and how boring it starts. Thats why they have a summary either in the back or something. Why? So you don't have to waste YOUR time on opening the book and reading the inside v.v  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:36 am
I wanted to read it, but then I heard it was written like Twilight. I changed my mind as soon as I heard that!  

TigerLilyChick

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Jin-is-supreme

Tipsy Humorist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:43 am
xXNingyoXx

I'm currently reading it too!

After watching Gilbert Gottfried reads 50 Shades of Grey I had to pick it up. Its taking me a while to do it all in his voice (and not lose my s**t) but I'm getting there... just got to the part with the contract.

Its no Rough and Ready, and the narration becomes more annoying than entertaining. Stop whining Steele but I'll finish it.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:53 am
Too say it was a Twilight Fanfiction isn't saying much nethier that its horribly written.
Twilight was both those things and still became successful. It's know longer about quality people, its about entertaining and for some 50 Shades is extremely entertaining.
And let me just clarify, I know Twilight was not originally written for the purpose of fanfiction but it should have been. stare  

Nu Sanniang

xXNi-ChanXx

Lonely Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:04 pm
Loshka
xXNingyoXx

After watching Gilbert Gottfried reads 50 Shades of Grey I had to pick it up. Its taking me a while to do it all in his voice (and not lose my s**t) but I'm getting there... just got to the part with the contract.

Its no Rough and Ready, and the narration becomes more annoying than entertaining. Stop whining Steele but I'll finish it.

Haha. Yea after a while Steele does get a bit annoying with her whining but there times where I love her attitude biggrin
I'm just glad that Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart won't be the stars of the movie smile That just made reading the book and looking forward to the movie all the better smile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:19 pm
xXNingyoXx
Loshka
xXNingyoXx

Haha. Yea after a while Steele does get a bit annoying with her whining but there times where I love her attitude biggrin
I'm just glad that Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart won't be the stars of the movie smile That just made reading the book and looking forward to the movie all the better smile

I've only read the first twilight book but seen all the movies. The problem with me is I view them as comedies and love them for it. Having them act in it would have been the greatest thing in my eyes whee it would be a never ending romance between ms "i smell something bad" and foothead.

Perhaps thats too meta surprised  

Jin-is-supreme

Tipsy Humorist

JohJohTheMahdern

Hallowed Bunny

15,800 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:47 pm
xXNingyoXx

This. I've read all three books and am very glad I did.

I'm not sure when a trilogy of books has been held to such excruciating scrutiny. I once saw someone on Tumblr complaining because Ana agreed to have coffee with Christian despite the fact that she didn't like coffee. (It's not like he knew that.) I read erotica on Literotica.com and have yet to see anything remotely realistic there, but Fifty Shades is constantly criticized for not being "real" enough. There isn't a single choice of words or turn of phrase that hasn't been eviscerated. :/

Agh.

/rant  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:35 pm
psibunny
xXNingyoXx

This. I've read all three books and am very glad I did.

I'm not sure when a trilogy of books has been held to such excruciating scrutiny. I once saw someone on Tumblr complaining because Ana agreed to have coffee with Christian despite the fact that she didn't like coffee. (It's not like he knew that.) I read erotica on Literotica.com and have yet to see anything remotely realistic there, but Fifty Shades is constantly criticized for not being "real" enough. There isn't a single choice of words or turn of phrase that hasn't been eviscerated. :/

Agh.

/rant

Are the last two books good? (If you are referring to 50 Shades)
Really now? Thats interesting because I have never heard anyone complain about up until now(referring to topic on this Guild) I just have seen people criticize the grammar but I see nothing wrong with it.  

xXNi-ChanXx

Lonely Werewolf

Thistleclaw

Shirtless Elder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:45 pm
http://www.fiftyshadesgenerator.com/

The mixture of butt nugget and love mayonnaise in my marmite motorway created the delicious sphincter sauce that he was so fond of. There was magician's wax dripping from his muffbuster and I was wetter than an Italian cruise ship. We were ready for more. The unrelenting orgasms from his bald avenger slamming my crusty ******** trench made me come so hard, I began sweating like a ****** during a prison riot. He munched on my panty hamster, even though I'd been riding the cotton pony for the best part of a week. I can't wait to consume the steamin' semen from his balony pony.

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:06 pm
Thistleclaw
The pounding of my turd-herder was so vigorous, he soon found his love spuds joining his jebend deep in my balloon knot. It was bliss having his bald avenger rammed inside me again; stuffing my kipper dinghy with a footlong fudge bullet just didn't get my depravity cavity spattering like it used to. The feeling of his Da Vinci load flowing down my throat got my tuna tunnel tears flowing quicker than greased s**t off a shiny shovel. He munched on my roast beef platter, even though I'd been up on bricks for the best part of a week. When he removed his tenderloin truncheon from my oxo orifice, he was pleasantly surprised to see a colon cobra staring back as him. He knew I couldn't wait to suck the toilet twinkie off his chorizo howitzer.

WHAT IS THIS
I DON'T EVEN
WHY AM I LAUGHING  

XxEchoingSilencexX

Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

Rainbows Dash

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:13 pm
I really enjoy listening to people who read and comment on the book. Some of the things they say... priceless.
Especially GirlWithFlowerInHair.  
18. ✿ - - - Books

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces