Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
Dueling Club ~ [[Open 2059-2060]] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 40 41 42 43 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xistund

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:48 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
User Image
Daius saw the wands then looked at his own wand Inflexible with its Decorated Shaft made from Hawthorn and Centaur hair core 11 and 1/4th inches. He wished he knew anything about the Centaur that gave its hair for his wand. "So having two wands makes you stronger then a normal wizard?" He asked wanting to know if he could get another wand would it make him better.
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:28 am
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold
User Image
Annabelle Emery Rich
Sixth Year Seeker, Slytherin Prefect
╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════════╗

”Ah,” Belle sighed wistfully, her pale green eyes roamed the open grassy field perched upon the hill just beneath the clock tower. This courtyard was the same as she had remembered it, a little pathway leading farther out into the grounds, or the long trek around the castle back up the front doors. She grinned, rolled the sleeves of her sweater up to her elbow and withdrew her wand of Hornbeam. She twirled it simply, muttering small incantations under her breath as she charmed several target practice dummies to conjure in a row in front of her. In a matter of moments, the clock would strike and the students should be filing up slowly. Idly, she wondered how many first years would sign up this year, and, she wondered who she would get to continue on the club, after all, Ronyo was graduating this year and she would graduate the next…

She’ll need to find someone…

Fashionably: AC/DC
Troubles: Patience

╚══════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:02 am
User Image

Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
Seventh Year
Dueling Club Arena

The little wooden dragons were starting to become a favorite way of his to make an entrance. Two swooped in, one landing on the blondes shoulder while the other danced around her head. Ronyo walked up shortly after and the little transfigured drakes flew away and then back to circle around the white haired boy’s head. He gave a smile to Belle as she set up the targets and looked around the place, getting just a tiny bit sentimental being it his last year.

Busy as ever I see, hope we get a good turn out this year. The school could use a few more up and coming duelists before we leave this place wouldn’t you say?

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:51 pm
I'll SEEK you OUT
FLAY you ALIVE
One more WORD and you won't SURVIVE
And I'M not SCARED
Of your STOLEN POWER
I SEE right through you any HOUR
I'm TAKING it SLOW
FEEDING my FLAME
Shuffling the CARDS of your GAME
And JUST in TIME
In the RIGHT PLACE
Suddenly I will PLAY my ACE

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD
SLYTHERIN THIRD YEAR
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I won't soothe your pain: Neutral | I won't ease your strain: Hopefully we won't be the only ones... | You'll be waiting in vain: Belle and Ronyo | I got nothing for you to gain: Dueling Club|
Wearing

Marina entered the courtyard, happy to be back at dueling club. Her wand was in her back pocket as usual when she wasn't in uniform, and she was remarkably chipper despite the gloomy looking clouds overhead and lack of overall sunshine. "Hello, Belle. Hello, Ron," she greeted her older fellow Slytherins, kicking away a loose pebble and watching it bounce across the cobbled court.

Prejudice is stubborn and ignorance is hard.

EYES on FIRE
Your SPINE is ABLAZE
Felling any FOE with my GAZE
And JUST in TIME
In the RIGHT PLACE
STEADILY emerging with GRACE
Ahh, felling any FOE with my GAZE
Ahh, STEADILY emerging with GRACE
Ahh, felling any FOE with my GAZE
Ahh, STEADILY emerging with GRACE

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:43 pm
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold
User Image
Annabelle Emery Rich
Sixth Year Seeker, Slytherin Prefect
╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════════╗

A curious hum buzzed over her shoulder and flew just over her head, she blinked, ducked down and glanced upwards at the presence of a petite dragon, carved intricately and so lively, she would’ve mistaken it for a real thing—had it not been so small, and, of stone, of course. There was two now, and she had to laugh as she took a step back from her work of setting up the courtyard to watch the two animate statues dance and play. Suddenly, they took off, and she gave a small elated laugh as she whipped her head around to find Ronyo at the heart of it all.

”Ronyo, I should have known it was you.” She teased as she slid her fingers over her hair to keep it smooth while it was tied back. ”Hogwarts has a lot of up and coming quidditch players, but not enough duelists to suit my taste… I very much hope to change that.” All her life, she knew what she wanted to do, even if she knew she wasn’t allowed to. She’d always dreamed of playing professional quidditch, dueling as a hobby, but more of late, she’s been leaning more towards a life of duels and dares and deaths than bludgers and snitches. Actually, she’d been more than half tempted to open up the small abandoned building in Hogsmeade where Charlize Murdoch set up shop for Blood Murdochs… and reopening it, maybe just for the summer next year, and then maybe for the rest of her life afterwards... Closing it down to chase tournaments, that is, until she could find someone to keep it up and running while she was away fighting for her dreams.

Who knew?

”Oh, Marina, hello.” Belle greeted the younger Slytherin as she turned on her heel to face her and lit up with a bright smile. ”I absolutely adore that blue polish you have; I can never find one deep and vivid enough once it’s dried.”

Fashionably: AC/DC
Troubles: Patience

╚══════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:12 pm
User Image
ℋeather ℋawthorn

ℋufflepuff ℭaptain and ℬeater
ℱourth ϒear ℋalf~ℬlood

Heather and Dhylan
Sehza
User Image
ℋeather peeked around the corner of the entrance to the courtyard, hugging the stone column tightly as if it were a dear friend. The Dueling Club. She had only just recently joined on a whim. Actually, more than a whim. She wanted very badly to be here, needed it, craved it, in a way. After the dreadful events of the summer, it was a goal of hers to learn to fight better. 'Maybe if I had fought back harder, then all of those bad things wouldn't have happened...' she thought, backing up and leaning against the column, staring up at nothing. A bit of fear sparked within her. What if she wasn't good enough to be in the club? 'Of course you aren't good enough. That's why you're here. To learn from these gifted students in the art of dueling. If you're lucky, which you truly aren't, you'll actually learn something here.' Heather shook her head. She hated that voice, but it was always there, unlike some people. Trust it? She had no choice. Taking a deep breath, she finally emerged from the shadows, glancing in the small group of Slytherin's direction. "H-Hey." she said to them before turning away and finding a comfortable (?) looking piece of ground to claim for herself until the meeting started. She sat, and waited.
User Image

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:34 pm
David Clarisse
Gryffindor
First Year

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Dueling club

David wanted to be an auror someday at least that was one of the things he would like to be. The best place to start would be a good duelist. Rushing to the courtyard after transfiguration class David ran down the halls and outside, his footsteps echoing on the stone floor. "Hey this is where the meeting for the dueling club is right?" he asked curiously hoping he was in the right place. He wondered if Pete was going to come as well.

With: Dueling pals

List of Knowledge: Progress

OOC: ---
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:39 pm
User Image

Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
Seventh Year
Dueling Club Arena

Seeing Marina show up had Ronyo considering his question answered, as he knew the fiery red head had the spark to wish to fight on. In truth Ronyo had hoped to see most of the Chimera here in the club given their tenacity and drive he had sought them out for. It was the same push that was needed for fighters, for warriors, for protectors of things they held dear. With a motion Ronyo retrieved his two wands and gave a few waves for one of the dragons to go and land on Marina's shoulder, and once it landed it gave a mock roar and ruffled its wings.

"Good to see you Marina, glad you could make it out."

Then another little voice greeted them and Ronyo turned and his smile wanted to grow brighter but it was at its limits. Seeing Heather show up was fitting for the fellow beater and likely something she could use some help with. She had shown great courage over the summer, as all the Chimera had, and so her bravery was never in question but bravery could use training at times. He moved over to the Hufflepuff who choose to sit down on a patch of ground and found a place next to her. He made another wave and the second dragon landed on the ground in front of the blonde girl and gave a roar and crouched down looking to be ready to fight.

"I was hoping you would show up, no tougher duelist than us Beaters. Just try not to knock me out here as well, I can only take so many blows in one sport at a time," He smiled and gave the girl a nudge with his shoulder as the small dragon did a back flip and reared up and then lifted a leg up and spread its wings out trying to look tough.

User Image

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Xistund

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:11 pm
User Image
Darius Silver
ᗡɐɹıns Sılʌǝɹ

Second YearSlytherinBeaterHalf-Blood

User Image
₯arius came to the meeting spot of the dulling club. He saw most of the people he knew he walked up to him his body was still stiff from tryouts. He rotated his shoulder trying to ignore it. He still was not good at talking to people so he stayed quite, holding his wand ready.
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:00 pm
User Image███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███

Chase Henrick

███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███

Ravenclaw || Fourth Year || Chaser || Vice-Captain

Chase walked into Dueling Club, still finding that he was the only Ravenclaw there. Not that he minded. Seeing some new people meant that this club was gaining momentum, unlike last year with just a couple people.

{OOC; Yicky post Dx}

I know I just need to try, no matter the result. Try again and again, until I get it right.

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:20 pm
With a thousand lies

Tell me all your plans and I'll laugh back in your face

And a good disguise

Preach me your religion if you're dumb enough to pray

Hit ‘em right between the eyes

Look what I became, honey

§ ··¤(` ×[¤ i¢h ¢αʇiא ¤]× ´)¤·· §

Wearing

ஆ৳»§lytherinஆ৳»קurebloodஆ৳»Ŧhird Yearஆ৳»

User Image User Image
Michelle ghosted silently into the courtyard, her feet bare as they always were when she could have it. She fingered the mahogany wand in her pocket and looked around, before leaning against a wall and watching the people. Her bare feet curling against the ground and her hand still wrapped around her wand in her pocket.
User Image
OOC:...

When you walk away

What is it I'm after

Nothing more to say

Searching for disaster

See the lightning in your eyes

Watching my whole life flash in front of my eyes

See ‘em running for their lives

Dressed up as a life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:36 pm
User Image
Peter Klein

First Year-Slytherin-Single-Half Blood

Peter made his way into the meeting area. He heard that the dueling club would meet today. He saw dueling as a practical alternative to Quidditch, if he didn't make the team. Slytherin house seemed to out number the other houses, but that was already expected. Then a realization that his new friend David also came, made him feel he was in the right place. "Sup David. I see you decided to come see the deal on dueling as well." He leaned against a wall and awaited for more members to arrive.

OCC: (None)

User ImageUser Image
User Image  

Sky0814

6,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:45 pm
User Image
ℋeather ℋawthorn

ℱourth ϒear ℋalf~ℬlood

Heather and Dhylan
Sehza
User Image
ℋeather turned her head to find a seventh year Slytherin sitting beside her. His small dragon creature looked to her, ready for a brawl. But it was too adorable to fight. At least, she thought it was adorable. Did it truly fit the definition? She sighed, over-thinking things again. "I highly doubt I'll be knocking you out of this game, Ronyo. You're much more experienced with this sport than I am. Beater or not, I came here to learn." she said, poking and pulling at a piece of grass by her shoe. She was grateful for her friend's company. It made her feel less like a duck in a flock of swans. Looking up, she saw another friendly face. Maybe. Friendly? Eh. She still waved at Chase from her spot in the grass, glad to see the Ravenclaw here as well.
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:08 pm
User Image

Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
Seventh Year
Clock tower Court Yard/ Dueling Club arena

More and more people were showing up, some Ronyo knew and expected to see, Michelle being her quiet self and melding into the background, and even Chase was not a total surprise as he had been around last year as well. Hearing Heather speak up Ronyo chuckled a bit and waved his wand a few times and the dragon made an attempt at the crane kick he had been holding but missed falling over by his wings flapping quickly to keep him up.

"Don't sell yourself short, dueling is more than the spells you know or the years you have under you. You have to be able to face your opponent and not flinch when a spell is thrown at you. If you can look your opponent dead on when they fire and miss you have already won the duel without ever raising your wand. Also you have more real world experience then many in this class will ever have, and that counts for a lot more than you might think," as the girl mentioned just wanting to learn he nudged her again, "If I know you, you'll be running this club in a few years I think. You'll learn a lot by doing I feel, as it helps teach us more about what we did right and wrong and how to correct it ourselves," As he spoke the dragon moved back down and reared up in his kicking stance again, this time he jumped and kicked and landed on his other foot and gave a little mock roar, "just keep trying until you land on your feet."

User Image

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:10 pm
User Image
ℋeather ℋawthorn

ℱourth ϒear ℋalf~ℬlood

Heather and Dhylan
Sehza
User Image
ℋeather watched the dragon curiously as her friend spoke to her his words of encouragement. It never stopped trying to look ferocious. Even after it fell over, it got back up again. She wished she could be more like that tiny dragon. "I don't know if I'll be able to keep eye-contact with my opponent. That's the hard part. But, I think you're right about the experience thing. That's why I wanted to join this club in the first place." Her side was nudged and she laughed softly to herself. It was her weak spot, though no one knew but her. "Again, I highly doubt that. Someone more qualified will be running this club after Belle graduates. Someone that's... not me. I do intend to learn though. And I hope I land on my feet, because landing anywhere else might hurt a bit." she added. Hopefully, she did not in fact land on anywhere but her feet during a duel. Falling on her rear or head would be painful.
User Image

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 40 41 42 43 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces