Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
How do you get over your ex? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alverus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:53 pm
I really don't see why you'd still have thoughts of this person. If someone abandons you for another, did you really know them to begin with? If you agree, why bewail for something you never had?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:09 pm
Arlanos
I really don't see why you'd still have thoughts of this person. If someone abandons you for another, did you really know them to begin with? If you agree, why bewail for something you never had?

maybe the love was just lost for the other person but the one who was left is still in love. When my ex left me I still loved him I just knew he wasn't happy anymore.  

ZachariaAliankar

Alverus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:13 pm
ZachariaAliankar
Arlanos

maybe the love was just lost for the other person but the one who was left is still in love. When my ex left me I still loved him I just knew he wasn't happy anymore.

If you are willing to discard the person you 'love' so easily,

--Nope, doesn't sound like love to me at all.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:17 pm
Try new things, do things you like to do but they never did, ignore them, find a hobby, talk with friends, look for someone new. It takes time, but you will forget about them eventually. Just never let a bad thing taint the love you find with new people.  

Chris ex Machina

Cat

19,925 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Bookworm 100

FloopNoodle

3,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:57 pm
Sometimes you can't get over them. My ex and I have been broken up for years now and I still cannot get over it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:58 pm
Hey guys! Sorry for not responding sooner! We ended up getting together again but I broke up with him when he tried to steal from me. No more feelings for him now. I guess the "reality shock" way worked faster than "time heals all wounds". Now I'm gladly done with him and looking for a new guy. Now if only I could fix the broken gaydar...  

Darkest Hollow

Lonely Rogue

7,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Zaryn Nighthawk

Dapper Hunter

3,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:29 pm
It's rarely easy to get over someone, even if it was a bad break up. My ex and I broke up last year on Valentines Day. He dumped me while we were walking around a Target. Part of me still loves him, and always will, because we were together for almost 4 years. I know, however, that I have to move on or I'll never find someone new. The easiest way I found to start to get over someone is to focus more on yourself. Do things that make you happy, find something new to do that keeps your mind from going back to the relationship.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:48 am
Darkest Hollow
Hey guys! Sorry for not responding sooner! We ended up getting together again but I broke up with him when he tried to steal from me. No more feelings for him now. I guess the "reality shock" way worked faster than "time heals all wounds". Now I'm gladly done with him and looking for a new guy. Now if only I could fix the broken gaydar...

You are a foolish boy..  

Alverus

Darkest Hollow

Lonely Rogue

7,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:55 am
Arlanos
Darkest Hollow

You are a foolish boy..

I can't really disagree. I should never have taken him back.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:08 pm
I was never good at relationships entirely so I have the same problem.  

XrosHeartless

Wrathful Shade

serizael

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:32 pm
A few good parties with friends always does it for me. plus its a chance to meet new people. maybe not to date but always distracting smile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:24 pm
Lady Kayura
My mother always said the best way to get over someone is to get under someone else. sweatdrop

After I broke up with my big ex, I was lonely and sad. So I treated myself to a video game that would distract me. It was Pokemon Soul Silver so I had the pokewalker to "take care of" almost like a pet. xD That helped, actually.

your situation is so similar to mine. I'm (obsessively) playing Pokemon SS to distract myself from my ex...trying to remember life before I met my boyfriend or whatever he was. If you wanna battle my Friend Code is 5158 1486 1707

anyways, I told a couple good friends of mine earlier this week (after like a year and a half from when he broke my trust in him). I told them that my boyfriend ridiculed me and he wouldn't tell me but that's what he did. He was never my friend. He was probably laughing at me the whole time.

Before I came to this realization and got angry, I was pretty conflicted thinking that he might still love me.
10 Golden Rules for Being A True Friend
I saw this article and he broke the first four things: Honesty, Reliability, Respect, "Bros before Hoes" razz
So yeah, he's not my friend.  

Spardel Shinobi

Sublime Creature

STONED STONER CAT

Partying Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:41 pm
Love is hard, and getting over an ex can seem like it's totally impossible sometimes,
but as long as you just focus on the things that make you happy,
and try to go out and have a good time with your friends as often as you can,
you can do it.

It hurts now, but when you reach the point where you don't care anymore,
you'll feel so free.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:31 pm
Find something to distract you, meet someone new. To quote Walt Disney, "Keep moving forward." Sure, break ups are harsh but remember, each time one happens, you're closer to finding the one who is for you, forever, truly, and absolutely.  

Lumiere Samhain

Partying Genius

4,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Junior Trader 100

Darkest Hollow

Lonely Rogue

7,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:07 pm
STONED STONER CAT
Love is hard, and getting over an ex can seem like it's totally impossible sometimes,
but as long as you just focus on the things that make you happy,
and try to go out and have a good time with your friends as often as you can,
you can do it.

It hurts now, but when you reach the point where you don't care anymore,
you'll feel so free.

At first I was angry when I realized he tried to steal from me. Then I guess the best way to put it is something snapped and I completely stopped having any kind of feeling toward him.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff