Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

oTrissa

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:46 am
It's more of an herb and spice garden with jalapenos and aloe as well.
Lots of basil and multiple kinds of mint, rosemary, oregano and such.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:00 pm
I reserve this post  

Count_vonsuckuluss

miaxloveless210

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 7:54 pm
it was wonderful having a vegable we had a community plot where u can plant almost anything i alwas had tomatoes, brocclie, cucumbers ect
only bad thing is anyone could go up to ur plot and still stuff crying  
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:21 pm
Sounds like an herb garden, cool too, did you know that Basil keeps ants away? Certain herbs help reduce certain types of garden bugs that certain types of vegetables attract...( sorry, you will have to do some research if you care to know the details)
I recently started a vegetable garden from seeds. Only working on tomato, cucumber, and Jalapeno this season. They are in small pots, since I have no idea if I even have a "green thumb" still

* 6/6/14 update:

I had to move the vegetables into larger pots. I enjoy watching them grow. Sevin works pretty good , don't know if there is an healthier way to rid the pest. The vegetables are not due to sprout edibles into another few weeks(cucumber, brussel sprouts, tomatoes and peppers) emotion_awesome  

Nikia

Hygienic Browser

5,825 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Statustician 100

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:20 am
Since our balcony gets a lot of sun during the day I've put in bigger planters this season.

I currently have:

Planter 1: three different tomato plants and four pepper plants (two sweet, two hot) with some marigolds to repel pests.

Planters 2 and 3: two kinds of potatoes (blue, and red skin with pink flesh)

Planter 4: both flat and curly parsley, basil, lemon thyme, catnip and peppermint (the last two are in their own pots in the planter or they will take over the world),

Planter 5: one dwarf pomegranate which will not produce for a while, sharing space with three strawberry plants

Planter 6: a dwarf cherry bush which also has some growing to do,

Planter .7: a sweet bay (aka laurel) sapling sharing space with 5 zucchini seedlings,

Planter 8: some wild onions I found growing in someone's yard, they let me have some when they dug theirs up,

Planter 9: the sage and lavender that survived the winter.

I know it sounds like a LOT, but the biggest container is only 18" wide, others are just ice cream buckets and regular plastic pots.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:04 am
At my house we have growing: Rosemary, basil, two types of tomatoes, three types of pepper (hot hawaiian chile pepper, bell pepper, and another time of chile pepper), papaya, we have an apple banana tree but it doesn't give us a lot of fruit, several pineapple plants, and a few other herbs.

anticupid16

Desirable Elocutionist

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:24 pm
anticupid16
At my house we have growing: Rosemary, basil, two types of tomatoes, three types of pepper (hot hawaiian chile pepper, bell pepper, and another time of chile pepper), papaya, we have an apple banana tree but it doesn't give us a lot of fruit, several pineapple plants, and a few other herbs.

PINEAPPLE?

Where do you live?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:30 pm
La Belle Gigi

Hawaii ^-^  

anticupid16

Desirable Elocutionist

06. ✿ - - - Home, Garden & Appliances

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash