Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
My girl cheated =( so y cant I? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alverus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:28 pm
-shrug- She's probably done it more than once. I say; let her have it. It's not like she can protest against you if she finds out.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:43 pm
Arlanos
-shrug- She's probably done it more than once. I say; let her have it. It's not like she can protest against you if she finds out.

Uh, two wrongs don't make a right.

If he does cheat, she can protest since he would've broken the rules of the relationship too.

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

Raleigh_Ronin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:17 pm
Arlanos

1. Assuming the worst bout your partner is always a slippery slope nothing good can come of unfairly assuming that she has cheated more than once.
2. Let her have it? Those words drip of uncaring and disdain. Two wrong don't make a right, an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. But ingoring all that once he cheats on her as well he has done a malicious act to "get back at" and hurt someone he claims to love and the stigma that he will receive for such will never fade. It will come up in conversations that he cheated on one of his exes. And once again no good comes of INTENTIONALLY trying to HURT someone you "care" or "cared about".
3. She damn well can protest. Just because she had a lapse in judgment doesn't men you should lash out at her. You have a choice when someone cheats on you dump them or try to work through it and stay together. But committing an amoral act is not one of them and she damn well has the right to complain if he does cheat on her even if she did so in the past.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:05 pm
Karl_Krebs
Arlanos

1. Assuming the worst bout your partner is always a slippery slope nothing good can come of unfairly assuming that she has cheated more than once.
2. Let her have it? Those words drip of uncaring and disdain. Two wrong don't make a right, an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. But ingoring all that once he cheats on her as well he has done a malicious act to "get back at" and hurt someone he claims to love and the stigma that he will receive for such will never fade. It will come up in conversations that he cheated on one of his exes. And once again no good comes of INTENTIONALLY trying to HURT someone you "care" or "cared about".
3. She damn well can protest. Just because she had a lapse in judgment doesn't men you should lash out at her. You have a choice when someone cheats on you dump them or try to work through it and stay together. But committing an amoral act is not one of them and she damn well has the right to complain if he does cheat on her even if she did so in the past.

Was all this necessary? The post asked for my opinion and I gave it.  

Alverus

Raleigh_Ronin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:44 pm
Arlanos
Karl_Krebs
Arlanos

Apologies if offended in any way. The man was asking for advice and I strongly in oppostion to the advice you were giving Op. I had assumed that since it was posted in a forum that you wouldn't mind some one arguing with or against your point.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:23 pm
Karl_Krebs
Arlanos
Karl_Krebs
Arlanos

Apologies if offended in any way. The man was asking for advice and I strongly in oppostion to the advice you were giving Op. I had assumed that since it was posted in a forum that you wouldn't mind some one arguing with or against your point.

And I won't argue with you. He will decide what he will.  

Alverus

NegaScott_7x7

O.G. Shapeshifter

7,800 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:38 pm
Love makes you do stupid stuff, I know from experience so I know exactly how you feel. But if this becomes a reoccurring pattern with her, then something is obviously wrong. If this happened to me, I would give that person one more chance because I would feel like maybe I didn't do something right, maybe it was both of us. But if it happened again, that's it. It wasn't even really acceptable the first time, I just believe in 2nd chances. I think communication is key in this kind of situation.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:53 am
Arlanos

Yeah. You gave your opinion AND advice. Malicious advice that could destroy their relationship. So yes, each reply suggesting otherwise is important.

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

Alverus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:03 pm
Lady Kayura
Arlanos

Yeah. You gave your opinion AND advice. Malicious advice that could destroy their relationship. So yes, each reply suggesting otherwise is important.

It's up to him to decide what to do. A suggestion isn't a force.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:58 pm
Arlanos

It's up to him to decide what to do. A suggestion isn't a force.

Yes, I'm aware of that. Thank you. But you asked if the responses to your suggestion were needed. And my point is yes, they were because your suggestion is so malicious and bad. That clear things up now?

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:13 pm
Arlanos

Lady Kayura

Karl_Krebs

Curious that either of you would essentially defend the right to freely speaks one's mind and then excuse the other of that right simply because you disagree.

Everyone's opinion is valid and no one has the right to demean someone else because they see things in a different light.

Arlanos has their opinions and way of life that may not align with yours, Lady Kayura. That doesn't mean you should accuse them of giving "malicious and bad" advice.

Likewise, Lady Kayura is entitled to their opinion about how your advice, Arlanos, may in fact be destructive, just as Karl_Krebs had the same right.

Are we all clear now?

Our views may all be different, everyone comes from different walks of life. Just because Arlanos figures that Rezal_Zioun has the right to cheat on their girlfriend because she cheated on them doesn't mean Arlanos is giving malicious advice.

Frankly I find that that girl has whatever she deserves coming to her. If Rezal_Zioun should decided to cheat, well it's well in their right to do so. At the same time, I don't suggest Rezal_Zioun do so.

Would I myself cheat on someone who cheated on me?

Perhaps. But who is to say if we're not in that particular position?

Nevertheless, let's quit nit-picking each others opinions and leave one another be.

Do we all understand? Have I made myself clear?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:41 pm
Der Fluch des Pharao
Arlanos

Lady Kayura

Karl_Krebs

Curious that either of you would essentially defend the right to freely speaks one's mind and then excuse the other of that right simply because you disagree.

Everyone's opinion is valid and no one has the right to demean someone else because they see things in a different light.

Arlanos has their opinions and way of life that may not align with yours, Lady Kayura. That doesn't mean you should accuse them of giving "malicious and bad" advice.

Likewise, Lady Kayura is entitled to their opinion about how your advice, Arlanos, may in fact be destructive, just as Karl_Krebs had the same right.

Are we all clear now?

Our views may all be different, everyone comes from different walks of life. Just because Arlanos figures that Rezal_Zioun has the right to cheat on their girlfriend because she cheated on them doesn't mean Arlanos is giving malicious advice.

Frankly I find that that girl has whatever she deserves coming to her. If Rezal_Zioun should decided to cheat, well it's well in their right to do so. At the same time, I don't suggest Rezal_Zioun do so.

Would I myself cheat on someone who cheated on me?

Perhaps. But who is to say if we're not in that particular position?

Nevertheless, let's quit nit-picking each others opinions and leave one another be.

Do we all understand? Have I made myself clear?
I quoted the man once, then apologized if my response had offended or hurt his feelings because his response gave me the impression that he was upset by my response.

I don't get the premise of responding to posted thoughts on a forum as a taboo. I won't argue the point with Arlanos because he said he didn't want to argue. Opinions can be malicious and there's nothing innately sacred about them. If one has the view that someone is giving bad advice they should state their disagreement with it should they not?
Edit: not saying Arlanos's opinion is or isn't malicious, just for clarity.  

Raleigh_Ronin

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:46 pm
Karl_Krebs

I'm just make a point to all parties involved. I see in its entirety what has played out and I'm "nipping it in the butt" so to speak. I plainly did not single anyone out but I'm ending something that should have never started.

And I won't start a discussion about opinions with you. I made my point out-right and this is neither the place nor the time to delve into what an opinion is, isn't, can, or can't be.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:21 pm
Der Fluch des Pharao

Sorry that I've come across as insulting. I just don't care to remain silent when I see what I perceive as something hurtful suggested. Going out of one's way to cause pain comes off as malicious to me. Usually cheating hurts people. And it isn't something you can accidentally do. (And if it doesn't then I'd question what sort of relationship two people were in.)

I'll be more careful in the future when I post here to not step on anyone's toes in any way.

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:52 pm
Cheating is always wrong, no matter if it's for the right reasons. The end.
i'm surprised a crew member is ADVOCATING something that is absolutely hurtful!
i cheated on my ex briefly. Regretted it. Told her. She was rather forgiving about it. But it more than likely hurt her that i did that. But she is also a mature woman who knew better than to think she should hit on someone else.

i'm with Kayura - to counter-cheat is just like trolling the troll. Wrong. Self-harming. Never justified.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff