Gamer Girls! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

eneroella

Darling

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:00 am

I play mainly FPS games, like blackshot, counter strike and left 4 dead emotion_0A0

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:26 pm
I started gaming 2 years back and I've been really into it since then. (I did play Pokemon on the gameboy advanced when I was younger but I don't really consider that as 'gaming', if you know what I mean :p) 70% of my free time goes into gaming. I game every evening on weekdays and sometimes in the weekends. ^_^ I tend to go for pc games tho, I'm not really a console lover. whee  

Chiruro

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:34 pm
my first system was a GBA SP, and i borrowed one of my brother's games (FF: DoS)
that's how i got into that series
for my birthday the next year, he got me a Harvest Moon game, which got me on that
those are the only two series i consistently play anymore
i play DQ on and off
dance games on and off
Pokemon every once in a blue moon
the Mana games (Sword of Mana, Secrets of Mana, etc.)
have a Tales game
and Sengoku BASARA, which is currently a game a like...a LOT-play this with a controller, the controls SUCK on a wiimote and nunchuck
i've tried Borderlands. good god, that has some weird controls cat_gonk
Okami
there's a few others i'm missing, but oh well
Dynasty Warriors-similar to SenBasa, but in China instead of Japan
i seem to favor the Nintendo systems, with some Sony mixed in. Microsoft is meh :/
some computer games
Kongregate is a good gaming website, i'm on it daily

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:38 am
I'm not too keen on the term "Gamer Girls" as it is mainly coined with females who say that they are gamers just for attention. I do have a video I could link to that sums up what I feel but it is not appropriate for here.

I am instead a "female gamer" I am a female who plays games.

Now that's out of the way lets get to the fun stuff.

I love my PS2, still buying new games for it when I can.

Recently I've started playing my OH's xbox 360 since there is only one tv in the flat so no point in getting one for myself.

I play lots of PC games as well. Nearly all of them come from the steam sales. At the moment I'm working through the Red Faction series. The game I most recently completed was Resident Evil 6. I found parts of it really meh.

I will play nearly anything that gets put in front of me just to see what it's like and I don't make assumptions very often about a game before I play it.

I do however need to finish off both Bioshock games as I'm really excited for the newest one coming out. I'm also looking forward to the newest Tomb Raider and Dead Space.

Sadly I need a better laptop as Saints Row 3 keeps lagging like hell on me. But so does Borderlands 2 multiplayer but that's due to rubbish connection.

I am also sad at THQ being dissolved as they did make some great games.  

TemperamentalGoddess

Shadowy Lover

AmazingWaifu

Blessed Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:03 am
i am tomboy, i am only one in my classes some is a tomboy smile . i just play any kind of games some is good and fun to play with^^ and also mmorpg games ^^
i like mmorpg games with good combats and nice skills. i keep on playing tera online, and vinditus (eu) ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:40 pm
I live in Newfoundland. My experience here is most girls don't seem interested in video games. Now me, I'm not a hardcore gamer only because I get angsty when I'm too far from the laptop(which is about ten feet from the PS3). Mainly so I can catch people online and do some writing. If I had to classify myself, it would be Writer above all else. But recently, since buying a PS3, I've been spending more time playing something.

I've always loved games. My first game was Duck Hunt and this airplane one I sucked at that my step-father had. I was no more than 6. Then it was Mario and Zelda and Harvest Moon. My style up until the PS3 has mostly been more family friendly. Since I was 11 I've stuck to the handhelds, which doesn't give a wide range of mature or T-rated titles. A few months ago I decided I was tired of feeling self-conscious about my game buys and picked up a PS3. Before that I have a PS2, bought about 6-7 years ago. For that one it's the same. Harvest Moon. Sims. Kingdom Hearts. So I'm very not used to console style controls.

I always thought I'd not be able to handle the "bigger boys." Ocarina's bosses used to make me hesitate. 'Specially that well. It took me months to get the courage to explore. Same with Shadow Temple. Thus far with the PS3, however, I'm learning I under-estimated myself. Still taking it slow and not jumping headfirst into something like Silent Hill, but better than I thought I would do. I'm girlie, but I like to place some sort of...Less girlie stigma on myself. Two guys at work alone were surprised to hear I've played Pokemon and Kingdom Hearts.
I actually get a kick out of gore in games. I love it when it's inflicted by me. <3

What do I enjoy? Bit of everything, I guess. I'm still not overly fond of shooters, but I can handle them. I love survival games. Games that leave you do things at your own pace and give you dungeons to explore and collect things from. I don't do MMOs much or multiplayer. Always been more of a solo trooper. I really enjoy anything with a strong female presence, as well. It's so much fun to take on a big man and beat him as a woman half his size. 8D

A list of games I really love would be anything Fatal Frame. American McGee's Alice. If Tomb Raider is as amazing as it is so far, add that. Skyrim. Harvest Moon. Pokemon.

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

Sweet Peppermint Tea

Spooky Girl

18,525 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:09 pm
Hoshi Lockhart
I live in Newfoundland. My experience here is most girls don't seem interested in video games. Now me, I'm not a hardcore gamer only because I get angsty when I'm too far from the laptop(which is about ten feet from the PS3). Mainly so I can catch people online and do some writing. If I had to classify myself, it would be Writer above all else. But recently, since buying a PS3, I've been spending more time playing something.

I've always loved games. My first game was Duck Hunt and this airplane one I sucked at that my step-father had. I was no more than 6. Then it was Mario and Zelda and Harvest Moon. My style up until the PS3 has mostly been more family friendly. Since I was 11 I've stuck to the handhelds, which doesn't give a wide range of mature or T-rated titles. A few months ago I decided I was tired of feeling self-conscious about my game buys and picked up a PS3. Before that I have a PS2, bought about 6-7 years ago. For that one it's the same. Harvest Moon. Sims. Kingdom Hearts. So I'm very not used to console style controls.

I always thought I'd not be able to handle the "bigger boys." Ocarina's bosses used to make me hesitate. 'Specially that well. It took me months to get the courage to explore. Same with Shadow Temple. Thus far with the PS3, however, I'm learning I under-estimated myself. Still taking it slow and not jumping headfirst into something like Silent Hill, but better than I thought I would do. I'm girlie, but I like to place some sort of...Less girlie stigma on myself. Two guys at work alone were surprised to hear I've played Pokemon and Kingdom Hearts.
I actually get a kick out of gore in games. I love it when it's inflicted by me. <3

What do I enjoy? Bit of everything, I guess. I'm still not overly fond of shooters, but I can handle them. I love survival games. Games that leave you do things at your own pace and give you dungeons to explore and collect things from. I don't do MMOs much or multiplayer. Always been more of a solo trooper. I really enjoy anything with a strong female presence, as well. It's so much fun to take on a big man and beat him as a woman half his size. 8D

A list of games I really love would be anything Fatal Frame. American McGee's Alice. If Tomb Raider is as amazing as it is so far, add that. Skyrim. Harvest Moon. Pokemon.

yum_tea Never feel self-concious about your gaming choices! You don't have to play a certain type of game--or play them on a specific platform--in order to call yourself a gamer.

There's nothing wrong with "girly" games or family friendly game titles, either. A lot of games that fall in those categories, like the Mario franchise, are great fun!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:13 am
Sweet Peppermint Tea
yum_tea Never feel self-concious about your gaming choices! You don't have to play a certain type of game--or play them on a specific platform--in order to call yourself a gamer.

There's nothing wrong with "girly" games or family friendly game titles, either. A lot of games that fall in those categories, like the Mario franchise, are great fun!
You misread the post, dear, and made me sound far more insecure. Each of those claims can be argued in the post.  

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

xKiklala

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:21 am
I'd have to say I'm a gamer girl, surely! I've loved playing various types of video games since I was real young. I remember my dad would tell me how when I was about three he and I would play Mario a lot haha. There are many systems I love to play as well as games. I definitely love the Nintendo 64, Super Nintendo, Playstation 2 (kinda 3, just because of some games), PC, Ds, and I'm sure there are others! My mind went blank. xD

I'm a huge fan of the Legend of Zelda games series. Like don't even get me started! XD I love every single LOZ game, except ones I haven't gotten around to playing which there are only a few. O; Yeah haha. :3 Pokémon too! Musn't forget about pokemon! Oh goodness there are so, so many..

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:43 am
Hello!

My name is mightyartist and a big hobby of mine is playing video games. I've been playing games since my father gave me the first Nintendo console. However, when I was younger I mostly watch my little brother play games than actually player. Yet I was essentially to his gaming because he would always ask me what to do, and I would guide him through it each game he played. I start playing once more when my brother and I were given a Playstation 2 and I haven't stopped since then. Although I missed out on famous games like Zelda and Final Fantasy in my childhood, I'm trying to make that up now in my adult years.

I have too many games to list but the games I am currently play are:
-Animal Crossing: New Leaf
-Borderlands 2
-Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
-Tales of Xillia
-Deadpool.
-Final Fantasy 7

The consoles I like to play are,
-Nintendo 3DS
-Playstation 3
-PSP
-PC

I have befriend only three or four girls who play video games like I do because most of the girl I meet usually are playing games for attention or have little interest in video games. But, I'm always happy to make new gamer friends, whether they are male or female. 3nodding  

Dirge de Nemesis

Shameless Risk-Taker

9,800 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Jack-pot 100
28. ✿ - - - Video Games

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers