Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:14 pm
User Image

I have mixed feelings. Mods and admins can't be everywhere at all times, which is why it's so important for us to police ourselves by reporting questionable content and letting the mods sort it out. So if a group of people wants to get together and agree to keep a lookout in the hotspots for bad activity, like the GD or Towns... then I think that's a worthwhile thing to do. But I don't like the thought of organizing massive "departments" and giving people ranks and inflating them with a false sense of power.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:16 pm
Subliminal Aftermath
User Image

I was in a pd guild, there is a lot of corruption that goes on in there.
the higher rank you get the more snarky people become because of the status and gold you get.
A lot of people are just plain creeps in those guilds.

User Image

User Image User Image

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if the those PD guilds are headed by Moderators or even the Admin. I mean, policemen could really be helpful in Gaia, but then when people run around without proper guidance, things could get messy.
      Did you quit that guild?

User ImageUser Image

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PSM Guild Mule

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:10 am
Louisa Iris
Subliminal Aftermath
User Image

I was in a pd guild, there is a lot of corruption that goes on in there.
the higher rank you get the more snarky people become because of the status and gold you get.
A lot of people are just plain creeps in those guilds.

User Image

User Image User Image

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if the those PD guilds are headed by Moderators or even the Admin. I mean, policemen could really be helpful in Gaia, but then when people run around without proper guidance, things could get messy.
      Did you quit that guild?

User ImageUser Image

User Image

We don't need a policing guild, regular members are suppose to report violations and when Gaia needs mods they open up the mod applications for regular members to apply, to even get any kind of authority on Gaia you have to sign legal stuff and go through a ton of red tape Regular members are just regular members they don't have any authority to be policing anyone, that is borderline mod impersonation which is against ToS in it's self.
PD guilds are already walking a very thin line as is.
And not yet I am on hiatus from it and when the petition gets more signatures I'm going to sign it then quit that guild.

The captain of the guild that I am in has it out for me I think, he has harassed me and all kinds of things however I cant report him because he knows how to be a "troll" without actually breaking ToS, he is good at wording things. He's a rude and cruel person.
I'm really afraid to do anything because I'm tired of him coming after me.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:43 am
Subliminal Aftermath
User Image

We don't need a policing guild, regular members are suppose to report violations and when Gaia needs mods they open up the mod applications for regular members to apply, to even get any kind of authority on Gaia you have to sign legal stuff and go through a ton of red tape Regular members are just regular members they don't have any authority to be policing anyone, that is borderline mod impersonation which is against ToS in it's self.
PD guilds are already walking a very thin line as is.
And not yet I am on hiatus from it and when the petition gets more signatures I'm going to sign it then quit that guild.

The captain of the guild that I am in has it out for me I think, he has harassed me and all kinds of things however I cant report him because he knows how to be a "troll" without actually breaking ToS, he is good at wording things. He's a rude and cruel person.
I'm really afraid to do anything because I'm tired of him coming after me.

User Image

User Image User Image

How come Gaia allows for such guilds then? I highly doubt that the admin don't have any idea when it comes to them...

That's just mean of him. Why not just go and quit it altogether? Will he chase you for quitting?

User ImageUser Image

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items