Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So Sick of the Hobos

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:50 pm
Rubai Sora
So Sick of the Hobos

Well I'm definitely sorry to hear that! Maybe you can take a course or something on how to alter clothes?

User Image

Well, like I said, she's teaching me.

Post style by PhallenPixie

I would love to see some of your outfits that have been altered smile I bet they look amazing.
I went and bought myself some just basic long sleeved, round necked shirts and they actually make me feel not my size smile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:59 pm
So Sick of the Hobos

I would love to see some of your outfits that have been altered smile I bet they look amazing.
I went and bought myself some just basic long sleeved, round necked shirts and they actually make me feel not my size smile

User Image

They're pretty much just making the thing bigger and/or longer.

Post style by PhallenPixie

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

So Sick of the Hobos

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:08 pm

Oh well its still an awesome thing. Do you do anything special for makeup or accessories?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:00 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'm plus size as well, and I usually shop at Macys, just because I don't know many other stores that sell plus size clothes which is pretty ridiculous considering I live in New York City.

On a random note, I went to the Macys on 34th street the other day, and they had a wonderful selection of clothes there, and I happened upon a beautiful mermaid style dress. Now, I pretty much assumed I wouldn't look good in it considering my weight, but I decided to try it on anyways. And I was pleasantly surprised when I actually looked amazing in the dress. It kind of boosted my confidence and made me feel great about myself, because I usually wear clothes to hide my stomach. I didn't buy the dress because I had no occasion to wear it to currently, but I plan to go back and buy it sometime in the future. Anyways, that's my random story for the day.

And I feel like this post of mine is a bit random, but oh well.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Pink Tubby Custard

Generous Fatcat

16,975 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Commander Sigma

Mega Man-Lover

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:36 pm
Firefly Rhapsody

I'm plus size as well, and I usually shop at Macys, just because I don't know many other stores that sell plus size clothes which is pretty ridiculous considering I live in New York City.

On a random note, I went to the Macys on 34th street the other day, and they had a wonderful selection of clothes there, and I happened upon a beautiful mermaid style dress. Now, I pretty much assumed I wouldn't look good in it considering my weight, but I decided to try it on anyways. And I was pleasantly surprised when I actually looked amazing in the dress. It kind of boosted my confidence and made me feel great about myself, because I usually wear clothes to hide my stomach. I didn't buy the dress because I had no occasion to wear it to currently, but I plan to go back and buy it sometime in the future. Anyways, that's my random story for the day.

Lucky you. All of the Macy's stores near me have been getting rid of their plus size department. :<  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:28 pm
Super Fightin Prototype
Firefly Rhapsody

Lucky you. All of the Macy's stores near me have been getting rid of their plus size department. :<

Whaaat? That's crazy. They shouldn't be allowed to do that D:<

Pink Tubby Custard

Generous Fatcat

16,975 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Levina-jade

Lady Bunny

33,515 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:47 pm
I LOVE LOVE LOVE torrid!! They are the only plus size store in my area for my age and are AMAZING!! We have a few jr.s stores which is much below my age, and the plus sizes for women is far to frumpy for me.

I also sew my own clothes when i'm not lazy (so almost never, lol)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:15 pm

I'm at the top end of misses sizes, but I love love LOVE juniors plus clothes.
Kohl's and JCPenney are a couple of my faves, especially for pants and skinny jeans and twills.

Also, delias.com and alloy.com tend to carry extended sizes for pants.

Caramel Kisses

Anxious Girl

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:06 pm
I shop at:
www.torrid.com
www.forever21.com
www.additionelle.com
www.walmart.ca (Because a girls gotta have cheap undies and socks)
www.ardenes.com (Because I love cute accessories, and socks.)  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:16 am
broken_bleeding_angel
I shop at:
www.torrid.com
www.forever21.com
www.additionelle.com

I want to try torrid so bad but I'm kinda scared because I don't know the sizes well. I could an eBay store with lots of cheap clothes that are so cute. They fit true to size and I'm ordering in 2ish weeks. I'm excited for that.  

So Sick of the Hobos

So Sick of the Hobos

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:18 am
We don't have a Macy's or JCPenny where I live. It's be unfortunate. We are getting Targets in the spring or fall. I'm only excited because then we have an actual store to buy E.L.F products.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:19 am
So Sick of the Hobos
broken_bleeding_angel
I shop at:
www.torrid.com
www.forever21.com
www.additionelle.com

I want to try torrid so bad but I'm kinda scared because I don't know the sizes well. I could an eBay store with lots of cheap clothes that are so cute. They fit true to size and I'm ordering in 2ish weeks. I'm excited for that.

My advice is get a measuring tape and go from there. They have a size chart for everything.  

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

So Sick of the Hobos

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:37 am
broken_bleeding_angel
So Sick of the Hobos

My advice is get a measuring tape and go from there. They have a size chart for everything.

I'll have to invest in one smile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:51 am
So Sick of the Hobos
broken_bleeding_angel
So Sick of the Hobos

I'll have to invest in one smile

Local dollar store should have one. You can usually get one with a sewing kit.  

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

So Sick of the Hobos

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:19 am
My friend found an awesome ebay store for plus size! It's called sexysparkles1
The clothes are all true to size that she's gotten and its pretty cheap and awesome smile  
04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff