Submit

1011b8

Shy Lunatic

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:04 am
I'm definitely against physically disciplining your child. Trying to teach your child a lesson by hurting them and inflicting fear on them is absolutely ineffective and does more damage than it does good. The kid won't be sorry for what he's done or understand what he did wrong, it's only going to make him angry and want revenge. It is only a cosmetic fix, as it doesn't change the mind set of the child it only makes him afraid of consequences.
If you don't respect your kid, why do you assume he will have any respect towards you? The relationship between parent and child should be a mutual bond. Not to mention, you are the child's role model. If he sees you are solving problems physically instead of by discussing them, how do you think he will react when someone does something to anger him?
It also becomes a much larger problem when kids enter their teens. They are unable to properly express their anger, because they fear further punishment, therefore storing it inside. This anger builds up over the years and can definitely make your child dislike you. Too many parents think it's given that their children will love them.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:35 pm
I am forever scarred from the spankings I've received as a kid.
So my answer would be no.
And in my opinion it doesn't change anything. The kid's going to forget the cause of the situation later on anyways, except for the spank. That's not going help with their relationship later on in the future.

EarlsGarden

Newbie Hunter

KawaiiBrielle

Romantic Darling

14,500 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:08 pm
Spanking, i had that since i was a kid. But i don't know why others see it as Abuse. You know there are ways of Spanking yet to others when they saw a parent doing that to their child/children they just went to panic and ask for assistance.

Well maybe in each part of the world, when a parent/s disciplines their child they use their own method on how to act the way they should be, correct them from their faults and also let their children made a mistake and experiences their own fault, let it be light or heavy mistake.

Yet i find it also abusive when a certain parent did a much heavier spanking or a punishment and when that child grew up and wanted to get revenge from their parent. That kind of mindset will lead their child to a different person....

Maybe a scolding will do and maybe i prefer pinching their hands lightly and more scolding yet in a light way >.<

Hence i don't want that to happened to my future family especially to my kids  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:44 pm
I am not against, but I wouldn't.
A smack on the hand, yes.
But I know that many parents struggle with stress and a spanking turns into a beating.
I think long time-outs and taking away sweets work well.

Warm Soul

Miku-Marmalade

Questionable Sex Symbol

10,850 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:41 am
Warm Soul
I am not against, but I wouldn't.
A smack on the hand, yes.
But I know that many parents struggle with stress and a spanking turns into a beating.
I think long time-outs and taking away sweets work well.

Not to sound funny but sweets are bad fur little ones in any case and long time outs are usually ineffective because kids have vivid imaginations and can easily entertain themselves in a corner.

:/  
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:38 am
All for spanking.

My kindergarten teachers used to punish naughty kids by locking them in a dark storeroom. I guess this works for some children (they cried) but when I got punished, I just turned on the light and played with the toys inside. So nope, I don't think this sort of method is effective. Light smacks are easier to remember.  

iArtemis

Ruthless Hunter

9,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Walter has ganado

3,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:43 am
ooooh this one is a toughie because you wouldn't want to hurt your child but at the same time the way the human brain learns the most quickly and best is through an instant, negative response (for example touching a burner on the stove and getting a burn on your hand). I guess really it's all up to the kid and whether or not simply scolding or yelling at them would work, because hey, you can't argue with science.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:12 am
User Image User Image

Sometimes, kids could be too much. You try to be nice to them, but they don't take you seriously. I guess you can't really blame them because they don't know anything in this world and it's up to the adults to show them how to behave properly. But sometimes, they're just too stubborn to follow what you keep on telling them what to do even if you have already punished them using non-violent means such as grounding them or taking away their toy for a while. In those cases, I do believe that it is kind of necessary to spank them a bit. Not too much. Just enough to make them finally remember what you're telling them to do. But the trick here is to do it while they're young, while they're minds are easy enough to discipline. It won't really work when they're too old enough to know that they can do whatever they want. I know how that this works because I've actually seen it, and the kids really get disciplined.
      What I'm against is using violence on every wrong doing of the child. Like, he spills milk on his clothes and you spank the child like crazy. That's not disciplining at all. That's torture. People who do that should be spanked in turn, the way they're doing it to their kids.
      Spanking should be the last resort when it comes to disciplining, not the one and only means to it.

User ImageUser Image

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

Scarleey

14,500 Points
  • Hero 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:56 am
I am for non-violent/non-bruising spanking but parents should ONLY do it when the child obviously doesn't learn from time outs, groundings and reprimands.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:35 am
I'm for it.

When I was younger, if I did something wrong, my parents would tell me why what I did or said was bad and then I would get a few spanks on the rear. I learned pretty quick from that. Time-outs weren't quite as effective, because my mind did wander from time to time. I mean, I didn't like just sitting or standing in a corner or in a spot of the room by myself when I could be playing, but it just wasn't much of a punishment (I mean, it was nice to get away from my younger brother and niece and have some time to myself).

My brother, however, is just...I don't think it was effective for him at all. There is only a six year difference between us, but it is clear he doesn't have much respect for people. I think he got more time-outs than spankings, but I remember his spankings got pretty bad sometimes. He would end up laughing and making my mother more upset. I'm not sure if this was a bad thing on my mom's part or not, because I honestly don't know if she was venting out her anger or just getting frustrated because my brother wasn't/wouldn't understand or acknowledge what wrong doings he had been committing.

However, I was [physically] disciplined by both my father and my mother for my earlier years and occasionally other family members or caretakers. My brother only got spanked by my mother, because by the time he was up and about doing 'bad things', my father had fallen ill and his health was getting worse; he could only verbally reprimand.

Now, I would not spank anyone's kids but my own, should I come to that point in life where I have them. With other children, I feel just a quick, but not too strong, smack on the back of the hand is all that you should do, as well as explain to them what was wrong and why. After multiple instances, inform the parents and if they feel discipline (not abuse) is needed, then that's the step to take.

I just, I can totally understand why others would be against this method, and if a person has issues with anger, then they should not physically discipline someone as it could get out of hand and escalate quickly. That does nothing good to a person in-general, no matter the age. For a lot of people, when they punish a child, they cross the line of discipline and it become abuse all too often.  

Ingou

Shameless Grabber

28,425 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Strange Lizard

Distinct Shapeshifter

6,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:47 am
The only time that i aprove of spanking is if I've given them multiple warnings, I've tried all else and I've already put them in time out. Then and only then will i spank a child.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:39 pm
I wouldnt spank a child unless said child deserved it. Something little like maybe taking a cookie from a cookie jar *heh just an example* or something small and doesn't hurt anybody, I wouldn't I would tell them no and if they do it again, it would be timeout. But if they hurt one of their siblings or anything to hurt someone, I would.  

MonkeyGirl188

Friendly Friend

10,800 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tipsy 100

Roxxy v2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:45 pm
I think this is extremely dependent on the personalities of the parents and children, and, while it may work on some kids, there are a lot of kids it won't work on (both my siblings and myself among them), and it is very easy to take this too far. I understand that there are some kids who get spanked and turn out fine, and I understand that different personalities merit different parenting styles, but I'm also hesitant to recommend striking a child to anyone, and I can't see myself doing it.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:14 pm
1011b8
I'm definitely against physically disciplining your child. Trying to teach your child a lesson by hurting them and inflicting fear on them is absolutely ineffective and does more damage than it does good. The kid won't be sorry for what he's done or understand what he did wrong, it's only going to make him angry and want revenge. It is only a cosmetic fix, as it doesn't change the mind set of the child it only makes him afraid of consequences.
If you don't respect your kid, why do you assume he will have any respect towards you? The relationship between parent and child should be a mutual bond. Not to mention, you are the child's role model. If he sees you are solving problems physically instead of by discussing them, how do you think he will react when someone does something to anger him?
It also becomes a much larger problem when kids enter their teens. They are unable to properly express their anger, because they fear further punishment, therefore storing it inside. This anger builds up over the years and can definitely make your child dislike you. Too many parents think it's given that their children will love them.

Exactly. Actually I think parents should focus more on rewarding children for good behavior instead of just punishing the bad. Kids learn better that way, and you are much more likely to have a better relationship with them. I am not saying punishments should never be used of course, but use them less often. Only after repeated bad behavior. And even then, it's better to try to find a better punishment then spanking.  

Jebebo

20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces