no
View Results

THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
Vice Captain

Original Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:25 pm
Kitty of Music
A seven year old on Gaia is a big no scream

So many reasons why and most of you lovely ladies already said it.

However I can say I was around thirteen years old when I started going on this site. I think the dumbest thing for her to do is give out personal information and state that she is seven years old on her profile like that. I think her parents need to watch what site she goes on because anything could happen to their daughter.

There are rules on this site for a reason to protect minors like her from being hurt and etc.

I know, i searched for her to see if she really was seven. You could get straight on her profile and that was pretty much the only thing it said emotion_facepalm
I've pm'd a mod about the matter as pretty much everyone agrees its just wrong for her to be here.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:39 pm
I was actually 9 or 10 as well. I honestly only came onto gaia for the games they had. Puzzles and the word bump. That's basically all I came on for. But now I'm on and doing more then games lol. But I wouldn't mainly because of the life and sexual issues. Wait at least shes like... 12, 13  

Kumiko Fujiwa

Fluffy Lovergirl

13,225 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Thistleclaw

Shirtless Elder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:50 pm
I guess i'm a bad person because I practically live in the Chatterbox/CB
But I have to agree, a seven year old shouldn't be on the site, it requires you to be 13+  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:21 pm
Thistleclaw
But I have to agree, a seven year old shouldn't be on the site, it requires you to be 13+

Theres nothing wrong with the chatterbox xp but you have to admit some of it is offensive. And totally inappropriate for someone that age  

THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
Vice Captain

Original Fairy

Thistleclaw

Shirtless Elder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:24 pm
THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
Thistleclaw

Theres nothing wrong with the chatterbox xp but you have to admit some of it is offensive. And totally inappropriate for someone that age

Yes, mostly everything in there.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:20 pm
User Image

You actually have to be 13 to be on Gaia. There is so many things that could happen, too many to list. Not to mention people have said them already. I don't mind if they borrow a sibling or parent's account if the owner of the account is present. At least that way they can have some control over what is going on.

Post style by PhallenPixie

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

Serah of Silence

Shy Guildswoman

7,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Full closet 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:51 am
There is a reason why Gaia requires one to be at least thirteen to join...those two should not even be on Gaia!
My fiance is five if you go by birthdays, being a leap year baby, but I think that is different.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:30 am
I joined when I was 12, but I was about half a year short of 13. I spent all my time in CB and somehow missed all the bad stuff, since I hung out in a rp thread that died in 2010, though the guild is still going. First guild I was ever in, and i've never left it  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

o0Roxy0o
Captain

Sweetheart

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:34 am

I don't think I could even spell when I was 7. :3

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:57 pm
I first came on here when I was 10.. but they were only opened up a year or so before and never had that many on there. Plus all I did was play the games like Kumiko said. Plus the internet didn't seem as bad back then compared to what it is now. But I do agree that 7 is just too young of an age to be on here.  

Gv get dxrvh lkkjvgcf
Crew

Tipsy Sweetheart

14,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Pet Lover 100

Clasela
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:26 pm
        I joined Gaia when I was thirteen. I have run into a lot of younger Gaians’ and it really bothers me because of all of the sexual predators out there who not only attack the children, but also destroy the families.
        It makes me wonder what kind of parents she has. I mean who would let a seven-year-old on the internet let alone a social-based site where she could possibly talk to anyone?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:52 pm
I think you have to be thirteen in order to join. That's so weird.  

gabilliam tho

Cutie-Pie

darlindol17

Bashful Cutie-Pie

7,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:08 pm
I think 7 is just a tad too young, but Gaia wasn't made for adults in the first place. It was originally made for kids. With proper parental guidance a child of any age starting around 10 or 11 should be able to play worry free. I think 16 or 17 should be the minimum age for limited parental guidance. Of course 18 would be the starting point of no parental guidance whatsoever, as the child is now technically an adult (at least in America. As for the concerns as to what's on the site, if people wouldn't post things like that on here then it wouldn't be a problem. This is a family site, and people need to watch what they put on here because they never know who might see it. I'll be the first to agree that posting your age on your profile like that when you're so young is a bad idea and can lead to trouble. However, Gaia itself states that it is a family site. That means that they expect younger kids to be on here, and so should you. People of all ages should be allowed to enjoy Gaia freely and without concern as long as they are sensible and responsible about it. I'm only 16, and I have no problem knowing that there are people on her twice my age or older. I simply stay within my age range, and act accordingly.  
23. ✿ - - - Gaia Community & Tektek

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff