Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
When I realized I was Gay Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TasmanianTiger

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:28 pm
I think it's really interesting that so many people tried to identify as the opposite gender as a way of coping with their attraction to their own. I certainly wasn't an exception to this. I was (and continue to be) the tomboy out of my parent's three girls. They still have a bit of an issue with it, I think.

My personal experience with coming out was basically just to come out everywhere on the internet and let my parents/extended family figure it out for themselves. My mom stalked the living crap out of me online, so it was no surprise that one day during highschool, she asked me to "look over what I said on Myspace." She thought it was inappropriate, and I made it seem like it was completely normal. She spent a day sulking and crying in her room, but she got over it. I was lucky, I guess. It's been pretty general knowledge since then (and I'm sure a lot of people expected it well before.)

Is anyone here gender fluid/questioning? Some of the things that have been mentioned, seem like they are almost spoken by a trans-person. I have a few trans friends who have told me very similar stories.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:42 pm
I guess I started realizing it when I just couldn't like a girl romantically (Or physically, if you get my point.) I dated several girls and was friends with a bunch, and nothing would ever click in the way that spoke of being more than friends. It really kicked in when I daydreamed of going of going on a date and kissing the student teacher in 7th grade. redface I realized I would inwardly drool over hot guys and famous actors. So, instead of hiding it, I let it out.  

Koinu-tan

Hilarious Pup

3,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Junior Trader 100

zoeypie101

Hygienic Receiver

8,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:59 pm
for me, only one of my friends knows, and he says he hasn't noticed if there were any sign's to show that I'm gay, but I have noticed signs over the years. When I was little I was into wearing girls clothes. The fact that when I look at a girl I don't think "she is hot" I instead think "her outfit is really cute". the fact my fav color is neon pink. the fact i love the anime CardCaptors Sakura, and gravitate towards girly anime's. I used to think I was bi but the entire time instead of thinking about about both girls and boys, I only seemed to dream about boys. When it comes to music, although i like hard rock and metal mostly, i do really like allot of pop, but the pop I like are the more upbeat girly songs that may not chart or may be one hit wonder's with other good songs, stuff like marina and the diamonds, Carly Rae Jepsen's, some Cher Lloyd, and even Cascada. I love the movie gypsy 83 especially the gay character in it, (witch I haven't see movie in a while, before I came to terms with the fact I'm gay). Last but not least, the fact that I ALWAYS use a girl character in games and the fact I like designing the outfits and looks of the girl characters I use (special The Sims 3)  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff