Submit

Count of visitors.
  1+
View Results

Haunting Paranoia

Wheezing Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:00 pm
Kuudere-senpai

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you when you said, "No one is wiccan unless they are part of a real coven and have been initiated as such."

Anyone has the liberty of calling themselves worshiper or in practice of whatever religion they follow.

What you have said is like saying a Christian who has either not been baptized or does not regularly attend Church does not have the right to call themselves Christian because they do not take part in group official ceremonies/practices/meetings/etc.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:04 pm
Haunting Paranoia
Kuudere-senpai

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you when you said, "No one is wiccan unless they are part of a real coven and have been initiated as such."

Anyone has the liberty of calling themselves worshiper or in practice of whatever religion they follow.

What you have said is like saying a Christian who has either not been baptized or does not regularly attend Church does not have the right to call themselves Christian because they do not take part in group official ceremonies/practices/meetings/etc.
Oh gawd. I'm terrible at explaining this so I'm just going to say you need to read the stuff said in the thread that I've linked you.

There is PLENTY there to help clear up the understanding of the word Wicca or Wiccan.

Anyone can be a witch! But not all witches are pagan and not all witches are wiccan. This is probably about the very first things I've learned while talking with others in learning about Pagan Paths and Wicca. Completely different, and if you call yourself wiccan you are misusing the title which you did not earn through an initiated coven.  

Kuudere-senpai

Desirable Shapeshifter

Kuudere-senpai

Desirable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:07 pm
I've recently fell upon a great information forum site~ Its got a lot of stuff on plenty of different paths and witchcraft! ;D

Hedgecraft or Hedge Witchery is there as well. It'll explain and tell you what it is. I've also got quite the few links that I'd rely on and have been recommended by friends I've made. There are tons of sites out there that just aren't good sources of information on what it means to be pagan or wiccan.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:15 pm
Kuudere-senpai
Haunting Paranoia
Kuudere-senpai

Oh gawd. I'm terrible at explaining this so I'm just going to say you need to read the stuff said in the thread that I've linked you.

There is PLENTY there to help clear up the understanding of the word Wicca or Wiccan.

Anyone can be a witch! But not all witches are pagan and not all witches are wiccan. This is probably about the very first things I've learned while talking with others in learning about Pagan Paths and Wicca. Completely different, and if you call yourself wiccan you are misusing the title which you did not earn through an initiated coven.

Again, you do not need to earn the title of your religion. A Wiccan can practice in solitary without ever joining a coven.

I am a witch.
I practice Wicca.
Therefore I must be a Wiccan.

http://paganwiccan.about.com/od/recommendedreading/a/WAGFSP.htm

Anyone is capable of making their own private coven at the cost of that they know what they're doing and can safely execute the making of one. Just because these covens are not popular doesn't mean they do not exist.  

Haunting Paranoia

Wheezing Bunny

Kuudere-senpai

Desirable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:18 pm
Haunting Paranoia
Kuudere-senpai
Haunting Paranoia
Kuudere-senpai

Again, you do not need to earn the title of your religion. A Wiccan can practice in solitary without ever joining a coven.

I am a witch.
I practice Wicca.
Therefore I must be a Wiccan.

http://paganwiccan.about.com/od/recommendedreading/a/WAGFSP.htm

Anyone is capable of making their own private coven at the cost of that they know what they're doing and can safely execute the making of one. Just because these covens are not popular doesn't mean they do not exist.

About.com. That's not a reliable resource. Sorry to say. That is a good starting point though.

What is Wicca? - a Gaia Guild Thread. This explains it ALL. Any questions then there is a discussion thread where you can post your point and etc.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:20 pm
I'm just going to keep linking threads from gaia and quoting them if I have to, so that everyone here learns of what it means to be wiccan and if you are infact wiccan, as you claim to be.

Solitary Practitioners.
Quote:
Then how do you explain Solitary Practitioners? If Wicca was ONLY a coven-based religion that required ritual initiation, then why have such icons in Wicca such as Cunningham and Ravenwolf written books about it? Furthermore, if Wicca is only coven-based then why is it that there are solitary witches as well as Wiccan circles that are by definition eclectic in nature?

Very nice ladies help this person answer his question. READ IT.  

Kuudere-senpai

Desirable Shapeshifter

Haunting Paranoia

Wheezing Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:31 pm
I do not care for links.

I want to see quotes from scriptures and legitimate texts.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:32 pm
Wicca Q & A
As I've mentioned before here is the wicca q and a thread. I'm going to quote the first post, as its pretty much what I'm trying to do here, not to start an argument.
Quote:
The reason for this thread, really, is that often these discussions turn into flaming rows. I'd like to get this all out of the way now with as little drama as possible.

Please keep in mind, when reading or posting:
The reality of what Wicca is and is not in no way reflects on the legitimacy of your own religion.
If this information causes you any distress or upsets you, please take a few breaths before responding. We know that discovering something like this can come as a shock. Rest assured that nothing here is an attack on you or on the religion you practise.
Before presenting counter-arguments, first think of what questions you could ask to determine how we reached the standpoint we have given here. Once we've clarified, you can refine your arguments.
Having said that, this is not a proper debate thread. It's not intended to be about the counter-and-thrust of a debate. We seek only to clarify and aid understanding herein.

Kuudere-senpai

Desirable Shapeshifter

Kuudere-senpai

Desirable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:34 pm
Haunting Paranoia
I do not care for links.

THen you're looking for reconstructionist groups! These people learn and do their practices based off of old writings and the like.

My second Wicca Q & A thread explains a little on reconstructionism and what it is.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:35 pm
Kuudere-senpai
Haunting Paranoia
I do not care for links.

THen you're looking for reconstructionist groups! These people learn and do their practices based off of old writings and the like.

My second Wicca Q & A thread explains a little on reconstructionism and what it is.

However, from a reconstructionist stance, can you provide me the same information of how you must earn the Wiccan title?  

Haunting Paranoia

Wheezing Bunny

Kuudere-senpai

Desirable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:45 pm
Haunting Paranoia
Kuudere-senpai
Haunting Paranoia
I do not care for links.

However, from a reconstructionist stance, can you provide me the same information of how you must earn the Wiccan title?
I dont know much about reconstructionism. So I can't say that I can. I'm sure Sanguina or Morg and a few other ladies from the threads I've been linking can though! They know more than I do~ and are great at explaining things to new learners of pagan paths and what it means to be a pagan or wicca or neo-eclectic and etc.

I myself am only interested my own traditions, and a bit of shamanism from all over the world. Native American Tradition is my thing. I can tell you all I can about that. But still need to learn more about other practices and such.

Lyke I said before though~!
Not all Witches are Wiccan and not all Witches are Pagan. You need to be able to understand that in order to weed out misinformation and misuse of the title wiccan.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:48 pm
StrayKit
Kuudere-senpai

cool! I've never heard of hedgecraft before though...and it is possible to be wiccan and not part of a coven, it's really common actually. there's solitary practitioners, people who do things on their own. covens can be tricky, they might not be what you're looking for or be close but you still aren't comfortable with it, so a lot of people stick to solitary practice. a lot of people think that to be wiccan you have to be part of it like....how a lot of people think you can't really be Christian if you don't go to church regularly, or something like that.

Kitalpha Hart

well in comparison those are still not huge changes. I mean some people think religion or spirituality or what have you will completely change everything about their lives, but it isn't always true. you are right though, learning about it and being part of it gives different experiences. studying religions over all and learning about them, the history, importance, meanings, teachings, all of that is still great though. and there is a lot of absolutely gorgeous and amazing artwork and architecture built through out the years that came from a basis in one religion or another too.
let's not get started on art emotion_drool

Those are less extreme examples. We've seen a lot about the extreme Christans (god hates fags, non-christans will go to hell, those who protest at military funerals, etc.). The KKK is one such example. I'm sure most, if not all of us, know someone who is obsessed over their religion  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

StrayKit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:56 pm
Kuudere-senpai

....I don't have questions on "what it means to be wiccan", I am wiccan o.o;

Kitalpha Hart

is....is the face a happy "I will talk about it for hours" or a horrified 'my brain will melt" ^^;

you are right, some people do take things too far with religion, some people think that it needs to run their lives. and it's sad that it brings problems to others(like you pointed out, the Christians who have the less than accepting protests, and the KKK). I'm just saying that it doesn't have to be that dramatic. still I think you wanting to research different religions is great...and fun too, if you get into it  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:01 pm
StrayKit
Kuudere-senpai

Kitalpha Hart

is....is the face a happy "I will talk about it for hours" or a horrified 'my brain will melt" ^^;

you are right, some people do take things too far with religion, some people think that it needs to run their lives. and it's sad that it brings problems to others(like you pointed out, the Christians who have the less than accepting protests, and the KKK). I'm just saying that it doesn't have to be that dramatic. still I think you wanting to research different religions is great...and fun too, if you get into it
my brain will melt as I yammer away cat_3nodding

I like to study more neutral areas, and if I can, the roots
I'm a history dork too  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Kuudere-senpai

Desirable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:03 pm
StrayKit
Kuudere-senpai

What makes you say that? Are you part of a coven? Initiated into a coven that can trace their lineage back to Gardnerian?  
32. ✿ - - - Religious Haven

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff