Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
Girl In The Blue Box - Doctor Who AU - Accepting/Open Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Enirehtak Airotciv

Wealthy Lunatic

9,100 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:20 pm
"Mr. Smith owns the cafe. I heard he actually worked on the show. I don't know if that is true or not" Jane spoke before her cell phone starts beeping. She appeared a little surprised. It looks like she merely forgot to turn her phone off. "Oh, pardon me."  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:30 pm
User Image

"Mr. Smith?" echoed Estelle under her breath. She watched as the waitress went off to answer her cell phone before looking down at the remaining liquid in her teacup.

Just when Estelle thought she had made sense of the London and cafe she had found herself in, the waitress' words broke every theory she had formulated.

The Doctor usually went by 'Mr. Smith' whenever he was undercover on Earth. Could it be that the Doctor truly is here? The Doctor I know? Although it seems like a dangerous move to make, I can totally picture the Doctor doing this double-sided move - keeping himself hidden but still making enough ruckus to capture the attention of those looking out for him. The ones that matter anyway, thought Estelle. Something seems odd about this place though. I just can't pinpoint the reason why I'm getting this feeling.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Enirehtak Airotciv

Wealthy Lunatic

9,100 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:43 pm
"Excuse me for a moment" Jane said before walking outside to the police box. She was talking on the cell phone. "A bad time to contact me." She muttered at the caller. "Sorry, I haven't found out much of anything. At least aside from the fact this show started up in the 60s sometime." There was a short pause. "It is rather complicated..... yes, timey whimy stuff..... I really have to say that other than this show nothing really seems weird. No Dalaks, no Cybermen. Nothing of that nature. But I might have to dig deeper" She laughed a moment, "It isn't a problem. I am the Doctor after all"

One of the other waitresses sighed watching Jane talk on the phone. They always thought she took the act too far when it is her turn to act as the Doctor. Though not one of them can deny they were jealous of her acting ability. The best actress never watches Doctor Who.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:52 pm
Estelle finished the last of her tea, looking over the rim at the waitress talking on her phone. She could tell with a glance around the cafe that the other waitresses were jealous of the 10th Doctor-cosplaying waitress. It seemed odd to Estelle. Sure, the waitress portrayed the Doctor fairly well but she would never be like the 10th Doctor she briefly got to know in her travels. Estelle assumed that anyone who was obsessed with the show Doctor Who could get a bit too good at portraying a particular favorite character.

Hell, if they told me to be the Eleventh Doctor or River Song, I could do it, thought Estelle. Probably would be better than any of these fans. I have something that they don't - personal interaction with the real Doctor and River. Nothing can beat that sort of experience and knowledge.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Enirehtak Airotciv

Wealthy Lunatic

9,100 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:00 pm
"Sometimes it is hard to believe that Jane Smith never even watched the show" One of the waitresses spoke softly to another. These two looked like Donna Noble, and Martha Jones. "Yeah. But I suppose she just has a natural talent. Plus, she could of googled the information anyway."

"I did get a weird signal. I believe from a vortex manipulator. But the signal cut out shortly after it came." Jane spoke into the phone. "Well, that aside nothing is different. I'll see you later" She hung up before coming back in. "I'm so sorry about that. Is there anything else you would like?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:21 pm
Estelle glanced over at the Donna and Martha-looking waitresses, eavesdropping on their conversation about their fellow coworker. She furrowed her eyebrows slightly in confusion.

Jane Smith? Seriously? thought Estelle. Either this waitress gal is related to the Doctor, the former companion Sarah Jane Smith, or it just happens to be a coincidence.

She looked up, instantly replacing her confused, thoughtful look with a smile as the waitress - Jane Smith, as Estelle now knew she was called - returned to the table.

"It's quite alright, sweetie," replied Estelle. She tried to hide her surprise at the slip of term of endearment that River usually used, hoping that it was just because of her earlier thought about herself cosplaying as someone. River, get out of my head! "I think the tea will be all for today. Thanks."  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Enirehtak Airotciv

Wealthy Lunatic

9,100 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:27 pm
"Alright" Jane smiled before giving Estella her bill. "You can bring it up fount when ready.

[Probably going to skip to a later point of the day soon]  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:45 pm
Estelle flashed a thankful smile in Jane's direction. Once the waitress went off to take care of another one of her tables, Estelle slipped out of her booth to go to the front to pay her bill. Once paid, she stepped out of the cafe looking at the blue police box before her.

User Image

"I need to get out of here," muttered Estelle, turning away as she found herself trying to take in every single detail of the blue box, trying to determine whether it was her Doctor's blue box. "This place is too weird for comfort."

Estelle walked down the sidewalk away from the cafe, hoping to find an area of London that she was familiar with. Not to mention, she needed to find a place to stay. Normally she would track down Jack like usual... but if the people she knew so well were just television characters in this particular universe, it wouldn't do her much good trying to find them. Plus, she needed somewhere she could privately work on repairing her Vortex Manipulator. She didn't feel like dealing with the attention that could be brought her way for having such a piece of technology, especially if she wasn't in a cosplay costume.

((Alright, sounds good.))  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Enirehtak Airotciv

Wealthy Lunatic

9,100 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:34 am
Hours passed. The cafe was still open. But it isn't as busy late night as it is with daylight hours. So the night shift staff is quite smaller. Jane would be off the clock now. She stood outside the police box. She was no longer in cosplay. She wore a fairly simple outfit. Black jeans, a button shirt, and a black unbuttoned blazer.

"Well, now I'll have a change to check that signal." She muttered as she pulled out a small key. Soon sticking it into the lock, and turning. Seconds later she goes into the box, and closes the door behind her.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:19 pm
Estelle sat in a chair at the small table in the hotel room she rented. The TV behind her was on a music channel providing some background noise while she worked on her Vortex Manipulator that was laid out on the table. By now, she had taken the gadget apart tending to the portions that shorted out from the trying journey.

"Thank goodness Jack told me how to work on this," said Estelle, as she used a set of tools to work on a particular section. "There would have been no way I would have been able to do any repairs to it otherwise."

Satisfied with the repairs she had done, Estelle put the parts back into the gadget casing. With the quickness and accuracy with the placement of the parts, it was clear Estelle had done this several times before. Once she screwed the cover back on, Estelle pushed a button.

"Come on," breathed Estelle, as she waited anxiously. The screen on the Vortex Manipulator flickered on. "Thank you!" She pushed a few more buttons and sighed. "Looks like I'll be sticking around here for awhile until I can find a rift to get this thing charged up again. I could easily have gone to one back home. But here in this place? Who knows where the heck a rift is located."  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Enirehtak Airotciv

Wealthy Lunatic

9,100 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:19 pm
There would be a sudden loud noise outside. The police box that was outside the cafe suddenly seemed to appear outside the building. 'Jane' walked out of the box. "The signal came from here. I'm sure of it."  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:55 pm
Estelle looked up recognizing a familiar sound that pierced through the music playing from the TV. Although most others would assume it to be the noise of a truck or other big rig passing by, Estelle had heard that sound enough to know better. As she strapped her Vortex Manipulator back on her left wrist, Estelle got up from her chair and stepped over to the window. Pushing the curtain aside and looking down, she saw a blue police box that didn't used to be there.

"That waitress," said Estelle, shifting her weight as her curiosity grew seeing the woman step out of the blue box. "What is she doing with the TARDIS?"  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Enirehtak Airotciv

Wealthy Lunatic

9,100 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:21 pm
Jane pulls out a sonic screwdriver before entering the building. After a few steps after entering the lobby she paused before going to the elevator.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:49 pm
Estelle stepped away from the window when Jane disappeared into the building, letting the curtain fall back down. She grabbed onto the remote for the TV and turned it off.

The TARDIS appearing here. The waitress coming out of it. And now coming here into the building? Estelle's eyes flicked around the room, not focusing on anything in particular as she thought about what she just saw. This whole thing is just getting stranger and stranger. Guess I better do some investigating about this waitress. I can't sit idle doing nothing now.

Estelle gathered her limited amount of belongings, occasionally putting some in her bag, others into the pockets of her jacket. Once she patted the small pocket in her bag to insure she had her room's key, Estelle draped the bag's handle over her head and onto her shoulder as she turned off the few lights she had on.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Enirehtak Airotciv

Wealthy Lunatic

9,100 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:56 pm
Jane stepped off the elevator when it reached the floor. "Well, it would seem like the signal is on this floor. But somehow I'm not sure. I suppose I should be glad it isn't a Dalak signal" She muttered as she walked though the hallway.  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff