Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
What're your thoughts on online dating? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

本当に?!
  Dafuq?! English please!!!
View Results

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:12 pm
my first try with online dating I met my husband  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:51 pm
I actually met my Husband on Gaia. redface  

Ember-babe

Phantom

Ember-babe

Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:53 pm
humble_gypsy_traveller
Its nice to have something bloom from a good friendship online...personally that's where I see it should start. I was friends with this girl for three years on and off the net before things got really serious (I live in Ontario Canada and she lives in Michigan).

Yes! 4laugh A fellow Ontarian!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:53 pm
Ember-babe
humble_gypsy_traveller
Its nice to have something bloom from a good friendship online...personally that's where I see it should start. I was friends with this girl for three years on and off the net before things got really serious (I live in Ontario Canada and she lives in Michigan).

Yes! 4laugh A fellow Ontarian!

Heh...we're few and far apart on Gaia...I know!  

humble_gypsy_traveller

Business Sex Symbol

9,250 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200

humble_gypsy_traveller

Business Sex Symbol

9,250 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:57 pm
Ember-babe

That is so rare, yet beautiful! How long have you guys been going? Here's blessings sent that the happiness lasts!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:58 pm
Shanna66
my first try with online dating I met my husband

That is so great!  

humble_gypsy_traveller

Business Sex Symbol

9,250 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200

FauxZombie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:47 am
I've had my fair share of long distance relationships via web - and a good portion of them ended up with crazy (now) exes that put me through hell as well as themselves on some occasions.

My current partner I met through a long ago ex and we talked via MSN/Skype and then by phone for the last year or two when I got an iPhone - we were friends for a long time then took it to the next level and have been steady going for about 4-5 months now. We have a long distance relationship but we get it to work.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend long distance if you can't see the other at least a couple times in the year. It's really harsh when limited to just Skype calls.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:09 pm
Mosher117
lgtenos

I wish you great luck! blaugh Which dating site did you use?

Match. I've used other sites (mostly OkCupid), but Match is considerably better. Yes, I had to pay a minor subscription fee for using the site, but the quality of men I've met on Match far exceeds those I've met on free sites.  

lgtenos
Vice Captain

Maculkin

Super Winner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:47 pm
thisaintmydesign
i personally think it's kinda weird, but that could just be me watching too much catfish, lol. i just can't take online dating sites seriously. i sometimes like to make accounts on senior dating sites for the lulz. anyway, if the dating stays online, then that just seems really awkward to me (i need a physical aspect to my relationships as well as all the other stuff), and i doubt most people could keep something going for long without being able to at least physically see the person (sometimes, i guess, but it's neither common nor easy). but if you meet online, then IRL and end up hitting it off, then more power to you. i know a couple who met on eharmony, have been married for almost 10 years now, and have 2 kids (you're welcome for the free advertising, eharmony), so i guess it works for some people. it's just not for me.

brooo I used to watch catfish a lot dramallama

I think it's a little creepy if you never cam/skype or see who they really are
i prefer real life dating, but whatever floats your boat go for it  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:50 pm
Wow everyone has a lovely story about online dating but I have never been so lucky to have a decent guy. :/  

Gammer Boiii

Interesting Gaian

Gammer Boiii

Interesting Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:50 pm
Ember-babe

That's so cute. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:52 pm
AmeliaParadox
SKYPE SKYPE SKYPE and SKYPE some more, with a webcam and voice of course.

I met my fiancée online 4 years ago, he moved all the way to Australia from Ohio USA to be with me, and things are still amazing after living together over 3 and a half years.

people just gotta be honest and all that,

When you meet the right person, you meet the right person, never let a chance like that get away no matter how it presents itself.

Skype does help.

That's very cute. I'm happy you have found someone special. smile  

Gammer Boiii

Interesting Gaian

Amers Avenie

Super Noob

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:04 pm
Miku-Marmalade
I think it's fun to play with(as long as safety is practiced)
But to find a lifetime partner… meh not thinking it's a high chance.

So have you done so before?

I have some profiles online but have yet to find someone decent. Guess that's my luck? XD

If you live in a country where being gay is immoral, online-dating sites are very crucial to stay sane. These sites are where I found my bestfriends, my pals, and my boyfriend. But you have to know what you're looking for first tho. If not, you'll get annoyed by lots of people asking you for hook ups... Make clear your intention joining the date site and cross your fingers... smile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:58 pm
So for this topic I feel I have had a great deal of experience with these online relationships. I started dating online when I was in highschool, that way I could keep my sexuality a secret. I did meet someone while in my senior year who lived in Australia i had found out. it first started out good until he finally told me he has had a gf for 8 years. by then I was just completely shocked he never had told me for about 2 weeks we were talking . I left him and said if he ever wants to change his mind that I would be here for him. so after a week he messaged me and said he would rather be with me than with the girl. we dated for about a year before he came to visit for a week. it went fine and was amazing. my mom got to meet him and everyone thought he was nice. then after about another year finally we decided he should move here. now that he lived here it was alot easier for him to be himself though. he started to meet people and it got a bit scary because I felt that he was going to find someone better than me. he did, i caught him cheating on me with multiple people. so we broke up.

TL;DR
dont date someone online if they have never had a boyfriend before or had done anything with someone before. it will end in heartbreak.  

asedc

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

20,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Gender Swap 100

JimmySpoon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:36 pm
I've had a few relationships online, two of which were on gaia actually. And well, they work depending on the situation. Sometimes they work, but a lot of the time, they can fail really badly. It can really be a messy situation.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff