Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Christian Advice
I need help and support </3 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

_Leon Camero_

Friendly Informer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:10 pm
False Dichotomy
ChibiHigh
False Dichotomy
Aularen
The Wise Informer
I cannot support you.... you just made me a shame of what I had to read...

What exactly is it that you read that made you ashamed? It seems rather vague. Was it something Inspire said or someone else in the thread?
She told someone who insulted her to "go ____ yourself." I'm sure you can fill in the blank.

Honestly, I'd say the same to TWI as well. "I won't help you because I disagree with ___." But don't mind me, I just take offense to self righteous pigs.

Whoa you two; she may have approached the situation completely wrong but that doesn't mean we should deny her prayer and support because of it. I don't support the behavior she showed nor the behavior anyone showed in that thread but the life of her and her child is what's important.
In case you read that wrong, my spite wasn't against her; her backlash was not unjustified, whether she should have said it or not. Nothing is justified about what Informer replied with. It was rude, egocentric, and hypocritical.

So you taken my words and turned it against what was given? If i have to say, that it's self is more hypocritical than mine. Not once I had said I will not help in this. I had said clearly "I cannot support". Do not alter the meaning. This will be misleading. Especially to those who had read it.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:21 pm
Aularen
The Wise Informer
So you taken my words and turned it against what was given? If i have to say, that it's self is more hypocritical than mine. Not once I had said I will not help in this. I had said clearly "I cannot support". Do not alter the meaning. This will be misleading. Especially to those who had read it.

Actually...you did say just that. Quote from the thread in question:

The Wise Informer

This does not bring me Joy... nor will I help...

I'm honestly not trying to start anything, but when you go out of your way to post in a thread asking for support that you won't support something just because you don't like the way the OP responded towards the situation, a situation that has clearly and understandably hurt her, you're not exactly going to be praised for it.
incorrect ideology. I do not support her by the words she used. The ideal i had said : nor will I help, means that i cannot support the hospitality taken by the op. The op had her ideal taken and hated for. I should know because I had this once. However, i had not once enguaged in it nor had I cursed in the ideology. If they need me to help make a point (which is what i am implying) then do not act on your own expense. God knows what and why and the reason for it. Basically, what I had said was why I cannot support her tribulations, nor will i help her in this defense if Colossians 3 states to remove profanity. Ephesians 4:26 also say, be angry but Do NOT Sin.

Make sure you talk with me.before you take another's idealism and cause it to be hateful (which was never intended).  

_Leon Camero_

Friendly Informer

_Leon Camero_

Friendly Informer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:23 pm
False Dichotomy
The Wise Informer
False Dichotomy
ChibiHigh
False Dichotomy
She told someone who insulted her to "go ____ yourself." I'm sure you can fill in the blank.

Honestly, I'd say the same to TWI as well. "I won't help you because I disagree with ___." But don't mind me, I just take offense to self righteous pigs.

Whoa you two; she may have approached the situation completely wrong but that doesn't mean we should deny her prayer and support because of it. I don't support the behavior she showed nor the behavior anyone showed in that thread but the life of her and her child is what's important.
In case you read that wrong, my spite wasn't against her; her backlash was not unjustified, whether she should have said it or not. Nothing is justified about what Informer replied with. It was rude, egocentric, and hypocritical.

The Wise Informer

Also, that's improper use of the word hypocrisy.

incorrect ideology. I do not support her by the words she used.
The ideal i had said : nor will I help, means that i cannot
support the hospitality taken by the op. The op had her ideal
taken and hated for. I should know because I had this once.
However, i had not once enguaged in it nor had I cursed in the
ideology. If they need me to help make a point (which is what i
am implying) then do not act on your own expense. God knows
what and why and the reason for it. Basically, what I had said
was why I cannot support her tribulations, nor will i help her in
this defense if Colossians 3 states to remove profanity.
Ephesians 4:26 also say, be angry but Do NOT Sin.

Make sure you talk with me.before you take another's idealism
and cause it to be hateful (which was never intended).

Based on what you had said and convinced others (sadly) to agree with you misinterpretations, I guess I had used the word correctly.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:18 pm
False Dichotomy
The Wise Informer
False Dichotomy
The Wise Informer
False Dichotomy

The Wise Informer

Ephesians 4:29 also say, be angry but Do NOT Sin.

Based on what you had said and convinced others (sadly) to agree with you misinterpretations, I guess I had used the word correctly.
Spiteful one liners look like spiteful one liners.

And for the record, the concept of "bad words" is an archaic and childish concept. Why it has persisted this long, I will never know.

Why don't we go to Colossians 3:1-10 smile I myself do know that profanity is childish. However, I use to do that. But thank God it stopped by his name.  

_Leon Camero_

Friendly Informer

_Leon Camero_

Friendly Informer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:24 pm
False Dichotomy
The Wise Informer
False Dichotomy
The Wise Informer
False Dichotomy

Ephesians 4:29 also say, be angry but Do NOT Sin.

Spiteful one liners look like spiteful one liners.

And for the record, the concept of "bad words" is an archaic and childish concept. Why it has persisted this long, I will never know.

Why don't we go to Colossians 3:1-10 smile I myself do know that profanity is childish. However, I use to do that. But thank God it stopped by his name.
Why is it that every time I try to make a point, deflection is the answer I'm met with?
if you wish to know, you only need to ask.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:09 am
I know you were upset, but it's best not to use language - especially as a Christian. Do not give into their arguments.

People will persecute us like this because of what we believe. For those who are Christian, it is a fact of life. It will happen. I've heard some nasty things and after a point I usually say, "I am opting out of this conversation for the sake of peace and leaving everyone, including myself to their own beliefs and/or opinions." and some will respond and say, "I'm too sissy to argue." or, "I lost the argument." or something of that sort, but I ignore it there.

Don't feed their flame. Bad language, responding to them, etc. can fuel their fire. We don't always intentionally look for arguments as Christians, but before we post something we should think, "Do I know what I am saying? Do I know how to support it? Am I only looking for an argument and not a chance to witness or provide spiritual growth?" But at times we unintentionally fuel a fire.

You can always stop responding and leave it alone. If you let them know your vulnerabilities (e.g. these things are very sensitive to me), it gives the cyber bully power because they are hitting a weak spot and want to make you upset and would be more delighted to see you fall in your faith. Don't give into this and realize that they are the ones that need God's love in their life and are truly the ones at a disadvantage.

Remember:

Matthew 5:10 - 12 NIV:

Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

“Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Matthew 5:44 - 48 NIV:

But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Remain strong, don't give in because this is what the enemy wants!

Psalm 34:17 - 20 NIV:

The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them;
he delivers them from all their troubles.
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

The righteous person may have many troubles,
but the Lord delivers him from them all;
he protects all his bones,
not one of them will be broken.

Philippians 4:7 NIV:

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

So you're having troubles in your pregnancy? Ask God for guidance. Don't listen to these people who babble on, talking against God. Listen to God, follow what God has in plan for you. Stay strong and trust in the Lord, not in the words of men. No, people should not speak to you like that, nor should you retaliate in the same manner.

If the forums are a source of stress, ignore them - especially during times such as pregnancy where the stress may affect you more because it affects another person as well. Hold onto your beliefs, pray for those who persecute you, and stand firm.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
Christian Advice

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers