Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Bisexual is not just a phase, you gay men are silly =p Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sea Thrift

Hygienic Browser

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:49 pm
This is a good statement to throw at someone when they do that: "It's not your prerogative to dictate my orientation to me."

It makes people back off, even if they refuse to comprehend it. Either that, or ask them, "Who the hell are you to dictate to me who I'm attracted to?" Put them on the spot where they have to explain their own behavior. Either explain themselves or realize it really ISN'T their place. They're the ones who have prejudices to sort out,  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:38 am
Growing up I was hesitant about bisexuals cause often they were doing it just to get the opposite sex's attention - I had met a few bigender folks at that time who I was comfortable around cause I knew it wasn't just a mask.

Now - doesn't matter if the person is bisexual or not. My current partner actually is bisexual.

But as to the whole "phase" bit... yeah sure we'll go with that - just like everyone said being a lesbian or gay was a phase.  

FauxZombie

Cassy3v3lyn

Lonely Lover

18,625 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Budding Witch 250
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:43 pm
I hear the phase stuff all the time
And since I'm a girl, a thing I hear a lot is "You just need a good dicking and you'll turn straight."
I've also been accused of doing it for attention and told that I'm not really bisexual, I'm just desperate.
Just ignore it.
Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind, as they say.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:34 am
I don't know if anyone else can relate buuut, I find myself as an iffy bisexual only because I do like both though I have this thing where I’m attracted to women sexually and emotionally while with guys it’s all sexual… I dunno maybe guys are a fetish not even sure. Anyways yea…  

Midnight Marvel

Gatekeeper

Crux_Nightmare

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:59 pm
Lmao,
Well boys and girls
I'm almost 28 and been bi-sexual since I was 15.
Anyone wanna tell me that's a phase? xD

I've been legit broken up with
cause the guy I was dating found out I was bi. o.O

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:39 pm
                    i always laugh whenever i see this because oh no!! someone likes two different genders there must be something wrong with them!!!!111!

like, it's totally ridiculous and i love it because the other person would flip s**t if they were told that.

AmeliaParadox
                    I remember hanging out with gay friends, they would accuse everyone of being gay, also were always trying to push me into being fully gay when I was 15.

people like others to be like them so they don't feel so alone and different.

oh man join the club!

there was this gay dude who kept telling me i was "totally a lesbian" because i never showed interest in guys before.

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

JimmySpoon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:30 pm
Honestly, i've tried to decided whether i was straight or gay, but I've always been in the middle. I like guys and i like women. And i like both for entirely different reasons. I honestly don't get how people can call it a phase. I've been like this my whole life. For as long as i can remember, I've liked both. heart  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:24 pm
'you gay men are silly'???? Excuse me! I am totally gay. I have plenty of friends who are bisexual and one who's pansexual and two who are asexual as well as my gay and straight friends. I have never once told them they are in a phase or tried to push anyone into being gay or criticised them in any way or tried to tell anyone anything about their own identity and sexuality or gender. There are stupid jerks everywhere, gay, straight, bi, pan, little blue aliens from planet Ziblop, jerkness has no gender or orientation. I've been told being gay is a phase plenty of times by straight people or 'I just haven't met the right girl yet' !!!!!!???????!!!!!!! I've known I was gay since 12 and am now 28 and engaged to a guy so no, not a phase thank you. So its not a bane only of bisexuals to be told this and its not all gays who say it. heart biggrin  

Uke Jude

Shirokage Ryuu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:10 pm
User ImageUser Image

♦ Some guys has this phase of mix emotions because they didn't know they were
gay until something happens to him thats 'gay' and the first response they will
make is that they will deny it. When it gets into them a little bit, they start going
into this "I might be bisexual" because he dated girls previously but that's when
things gets confusing to them, he could be gay (dated girls previously because
he didn't realise he was gay) or bi-sexual. I don't know.

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff