Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
The Perfect Storm [Accepting&&Open] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

From whence did you reside?
  The present.
  The Past.
  The Future.
  >.<
View Results

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:26 pm
((It's a comic by Marvel. It takes place in the year 2099. It's a pretty cool comic series.))
Jake couldn't help but stare as the girl as she started spewing out nonsense. What did she mean trees are growing IN the streets? They're growing in gardens around the street sure, but IN them? And plants don't grow in the outside world? Of course the do! "Uh, are you okay? It's like you've never been outside before. Of course plants grow outside. Why wouldn't they?" He asked, seriously considering leaving her alone and trying to find someone else to ask questions to.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:51 pm

"They are grown in nurseries, green houses, and growrooms of course. Some people grow them in their houses. But plants are so expensive. Specifically germinated and pollinated and maintained. I mean, of course there are some people who have theirs planted outside their front doors, but that is rare cases, and never as far in the city as I live." She watched the way the breeze ruffled the leaves and her face split into a bright give. "I do not know where I am. " Blythe finally looked around the streets and shook her head. "This is not a place I recognize. It doesn't even look like it is 2098."

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100

Eternal_PrinceOfFire

Dedicated Hunter

10,425 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:52 pm
Trace lay in bed with dark circles under his eyes. He couldn't sleep at all the previous night due to the noise from the storm. He never heard thunder that serious before. There hadn't been any evacuations, so he assumed that there was no fire. He wondered how that could be given the intensity of the storm. All he could do was hope that there would be no school because he was not in the mood for it. He attended a local private school for gifted adolescents, so there was no telling if there would be classes or not. All he could do was assume that there would be others like him.

Cedric coughed. He felt the cold wet grass on his face. He swore as he rolled over and felt his head pounding. His uniform was soaked in the front. Where was he?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:16 pm
Jake didn't notice his jaw drop down as the girl said what year she thought it was. 2098 was 84 years in the future, why would it look anything like that year?"Are you okay miss? It's 2014. Why on earth would you think it's 2098?"He asked as he looked around for somewhere that would sell a newspaper so he could show her the date.  

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:39 pm
Renard looked outside his window. He had a horrid nightmare last night while the storm erupted, it still haunting his thoughts a little. He stood by his apartment window; the outside world looked like it never experienced such a storm like last night; it just looked wet and quiet. He had never heard such a storm like he had last night, and he was sure that it was the cause of his nightmare.

It plagued him, and his face grew to a ghostly white. Renard, rather bitterly, turned away from the window towards his messy apartment. Papers littered the floors. He didn't clean up after himself too much despite his disgust for the mess. After wiping his face with his hand, he went to his bedroom in search for a jacket, pulling one over his button up and grabbed his keys and wallet. He glanced back at the apartment. This place represented all Renard's grief and depression, symbolically in place of his mind. Looking away, his face a little placid, he locked the door behind him and went downstairs. His landlord, who sat outside his door enjoying his newspaper, waved to the young man as he left.

Renard found himself on the sidewalk, looking up at the gray morning sky. He hated the rain, always uncomfortable when it did. He looked about the street, every day reminded why he never liked this city. He hated living here, but as a writer, he was broke and had no where to go. He headed for the coffee shop, where he bought himself a cup of coffee and a sesame bagel.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:43 pm
Trace sat up in bed and rubbed his face. His head pounded. He might as well get up anyway. He pulled himself out of his bed and slowly stumbled into his dorm bathroom.

Trace finished putting on his school uniform, pulling his suit jacket on. He felt like getting a coffee. It might help keep him awake for part of the day. He grabbed his wallet and keys and headed out of the dorm, walking off campus to the nearest coffee shop.

Eternal_PrinceOfFire

Dedicated Hunter

10,425 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200

Eternal_PrinceOfFire

Dedicated Hunter

10,425 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:46 pm
((Hello?))  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:09 am
Stepping past the front gate of the school, Echo ran a hand through the length of her damp hair and plucked her hat from her head. She gave the hat a shake before tugging it back on, the brim backwards. "H-hello?" The female did not know why she called out but as her voice rushed from her vocal cords, she listened. The noise from cars could be heard in the distance so Echo headed down the street and towards the main part of town. Just past the school was a field and past the field lay the stores and shops of downtown. Echo looked into the window of the nearest store front and gazed in puzzlement at the strange electronics within. "What-?" Television screens like she had never seen before, sleek and flat and so large, stared back at her. The daily news was broadcasting on the one nearest the window and she felt her breath catch in her throat. "Good morning city of Lockehart! Last nights storm was a doozy, but today April 15th, 2014, all appears well. As you have probably noticed by now the electricity has turned back on and there has been zero reports of damage to the city,"
And the female screamed.

"That is very funny. 2014, HA." Blythe grinned broadly for a moment before the smile faltered and she gave the male a stern look. "But really. What town is this? Because I do not recognize where I am, and I am beginning to get a little irritated." Her arms folded across the pale zipped up tunic-style shirt she wore.

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100

Eternal_PrinceOfFire

Dedicated Hunter

10,425 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:04 pm
((I am assuming Echo is speaking to Trace. Am I correct?))  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:10 pm
Kitty sat up slowly, feeling like she was waking from a fitful and much too short slumber. Her body ached, and her damp clothes clung to her skin and made her shiver. She saw someone on the grass not far from her, and wondered whether she even knew where she was. Her mind was still so foggy.

April 14, 1935 was seventy-nine years ago exactly today, but for Thomas it was still a fresh memory. It pained him to think about: the droughts and the Dust Bowl during the Depression era, like a black string of bad luck brought on by an angry God. His family had lost their farm and were barely making ends meet, and they were just going to pack up their things and move far away from here. April 14 had brought black blizzards of dust and Robert E. Geiger from the Associated Press to witness them. You could barely even see your own hand in front of you, that's how bad it was. His mother cradled Thomas' baby sister in the kitchen as she cried with fear and hunger, and the storm raged outside without mercy. His father packed the few things they had left to their name somewhere in the back of the house.
That was the last he'd seen of them.

Now, Thomas walked through the park, feeling lightheaded and trying to remember what had happened. He felt almost hungover, even though he'd never had even a sip of alcohol. There was no doubt he looked out of place: he wore very damp, very old fashioned clothes and even his face was dirty. People ignored him completely as they walked by, probably figuring him for a beggar. Thomas ignored them as well, but he was starting to feel very uneasy. Something definitely wasn't right here.

The atmosphere felt... off. Emma couldn't put her finger on it as to why, though. She walked through the park, which was the way she always took when she was going to work, feeling the electric air humming around her like a live entity. The storm had been so strong last night, she thought. Enough to wake up the dead. It'd kept her up all night, and she was tired.
But, it would seem, she was not the only one. She'd never seen such a line for the coffee shops, and those who weren't waiting for a high dosage of caffeine walked around as though lost in some different timezone. A little nervous suddenly, Emma walked a little faster away from the almost zombie-like others and towards the grocery store where she worked as a clerk. Something felt really wrong, but no answers were forthcoming. Maybe it was just her. Maybe the lack of sleep was making her paranoid and imaginative.
April 15, 2014...
When Emma heard the scream, she was startled by the absolute emotion of it. She would be hard pressed to describe it other than the sound of someone alone and lost beyond measure, and it was heart breaking. Emma had always been a softie.
"Are you okay, miss?" Emma asked the girl when she was close enough. Her voice and her entire demeanor showed concern, not only because of the scream the girl had emitted, but also now that she took in her appearance: the wet hair, the damp clothes, the almost old-fashioned clothes. The latter wasn't very uncommon, but still there was definitely something off. Still, though, she had almost gravitated towards her. It was... strange.

minus infinity

Fluffy Fatcat

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:00 am
Eternal_PrinceOfFire

[Well, when she awoke at the public school she was very alone. Emma is near her right now in front of the electronics store. If you want to jump in you totally can, though]  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:18 am
Echo turned her wide startled eyes towards the female who approached and pointed at the store. "Th-they said today's date was- They h-have to be wrong." She dropped her face down and looked at the sidewalk, "Did I party to hard last night? Am I still trippin'?" The words were hushed, nearly inaudible, as she pressed her fingers of her left hand to her mouth. Echo pressed her right hand against the cool of the glass window to ground herself and took a steadying breath. What do I remember of last night? Those brown eyes raised back to Emma and her lower lip trembled. She took in Emma's appearance and noted that clothes looked odd. Not completely out of this world, just not as bright and so different. The voices from the screen behind her continued to play the news and Echo couldn't help but shake her head, "What a revoltin' development this is." Panic was clear on her face.

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100

Another Damned Vampire

Greedy Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:00 am
It was 1906, and Daniel Godalming was walking down the main street in the small town of Lockeheart. He had with him two friends, and they were discussing the rising popularity of motor cars. And then his friends were gone, and the sun shone from a different angle, and in the air was the scent you get after rain. Which was weird in itself, because the last two weeks he could remember were dry as ashes.

He looked around. Some familiar buildings still remained, but most of the architecture was new and consisted of ridiculously simple combinations of boxes and triangles. There were all kinds of flashing lights and signs. He nearly got run over by a car when he crossed the street, not because he hadn't seen the car, but because it had moved faster than he thought possible.

It was like a nightmare, yet as he pinched his arm, he felt pain and did not wake.

[Sorry I haven't posted sooner. I hadn't noticed this RP had started. Oh, and anyone can tag my character. He's just standing around looking stupid for the time being. heart ]  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:27 pm
MommiiDearest
Eternal_PrinceOfFire

[Well, when she awoke at the public school she was very alone. Emma is near her right now in front of the electronics store. If you want to jump in you totally can, though]

((Ah. You just said school, so I thought it was Trace's.))  

Eternal_PrinceOfFire

Dedicated Hunter

10,425 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200

Eternal_PrinceOfFire

Dedicated Hunter

10,425 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:40 pm
Trace was nearing the coffee shop, umbrella with the school's emblem under his arm in case it rained again, when he heard a scream. He turned around to see where it came from and saw two girls standing by, one seemed to be freaking out. He slowly wandered over to see what was going on. He didn't want to appear nosy, but he wondered what the screaming was about.

Cedric stood up, griping about his uniform being wet. He looked around. Nothing seemed familiar at all. It was like the images from the history records. "What is this? Is this a simulation?" he called out. Usually he was briefed on things like this. There was no answer though. Was this some kind of trick. He spotted a man in Edwardian clothing not to far from here. The 26th century soldier walked over. "You. Who are you and what is this place?" he demanded. Where he was from, Cedric was not trained to be kind.

Dr. Jeremy Yin was wondering where he was. One moment he was preparing a patient for a crown installation, next thing he knew he was on the ground, still in dental garb. He had tossed his medical gloves and mask in a garbage bin and was now wandering around, wet lab coat draped over his arm. He still had his glasses, which was good.  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff