MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:47 am
Another Damned Vampire

The girl smiled prettily before dropping a small curtsy and with a flourish of her hand told him, "Calleiah Grey, but my lazy friends and those I work with tend to call me Macy." Her brown eyes twinkled as she put the jab on her associates. "Anyways, I live down the street, so lets go." She shoved her hands in the pockets of her pants as she began walking again, and idly thought about sending a text to someone to let them know what was going on. It would be smart. With that in mind, she pulled the slender silver phone from her pocket and swished her thumb across the flat screen. Bringing up a message to her friend Noelle, she tapped her thumbs on the touchscreens key board. I know you got to drunk at work to be much use to anyone. But I am taking a stranger home for the night because he needs a little assistance. If I don't text you by the time you wake up in the morning, please come over with the police and rescue me.
A short moment later the repliers text came through and it was a simple That be dramatic.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:52 am
MommiiDearest

StClair wouldn't dream of addressing a young lady he'd just met by her nickname, let alone a nickname. He bowed in response to her curtsey. "Pleased to make your acquaintance, Miss Grey". He followed her obediently towards her home. It amazed him that she was bold enough to invite a stranger - a male at that - to her home. It wouldn't have been possible in the good old days. Far too many society rules back then.

He was surprised even more when he witnessed her take out a little silver box with colored lights shining in it. She was doing something with it, and it defied all his understanding. He was startled when the little box made a noise. "What is that thing?" He asked, looking at the phone with an expression of awe and dread. Did the people of this age use magic?  

Another Damned Vampire

Greedy Bloodsucker

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:32 pm
Another Damned Vampire

Calleiah raised a smoothly arched eyebrow at the males inquiry. "An iPhone 4. Nothing super fancy." She told him as she Re-pocketed the phone. At a little bakery she turned to the left and walked up a little staircase that lead to the second floor, her apartment. Pulling out her key, she unlocked it and pushed the door open. "Welcome to my abode. Please excuse the mess, I have a few projects started. Please don't touch them." Entering, they stepped into the livingroom. On several low tables were art projects in various stages of completion. One held a sculpture of a figure with its arms outstretched towards the sky, the only thing missing was its head. On another sat piles of photographs she had begun to form into a scrapbook. An easel was positioned by the large window that faced the street. Along the far left corner of the room was a tall black room divider, it had an intricate design of dragons and willow trees. "If you are hungry, I am about to make dinner." Calleiah pushed aside the divider and brought to view a quaint kitchen. "Through that hallway is the bedrooms and the bathroom, you can use the room with the day bed. In the dresser there might be some extra clothes that should fit you, but can have a look. The bathroom is the first door to your right. Clean towels in the closet inside.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:41 am
MommiiDearest

Calleiah's explanation about the little shiny machine was no help to StClair, but he decided not to inquire further, because it was clear to him from her tone that these objects were common in this day and age. "I... will not require feeding", StClair said, as he was unwilling to speak a lie. He was hungry, of course, after all that time, but he knew he had to get normal clothes first, and some idea on how to fit in this new world. He had to merge in the crowds, and in his current state he definitely didn't. "I will take a look at those clothes, if it's all right, Miss Grey." He said. He was looking at the art objects curiously. There was something calming about them - many of them could have been made a long time ago, by any of a number of artists he'd met on his journeys.  

Another Damned Vampire

Greedy Bloodsucker

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:52 am
Another Damned Vampire

She felt her lips purse slightly when he referred to her as 'Miss Grey' once more. "Please," she told him as she took a pot from the cupboard and filled it with hot water, "Call me Calleiah or Macy." Setting the pot on the stove and turning the burner on, she began to move about pulling out a smaller pot, a jar of sauce, and a box of noodles. I will not require feeding he says. Who talks like that? she wondered to herself. Popping the top on the sauce of alfredo, Calleiah emptied it into the smaller of the pots and set that, too, on the stove to heat.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:55 am
MommiiDearest

"As you wish... Calleiah. Interesting name, is it Welsh?" He asked, taking refuge in small talk. He was now studying the headless statue. It's gesture of outstretched arms intrigued him. "Are these all your own work?" He asked, indicating the contents of the room with his hand.  

Another Damned Vampire

Greedy Bloodsucker

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:08 am
Another Damned Vampire

"um.. English, I think. Though some say it is Hawaiian, Greek, and Celtic. Normally it is spelled as K-a-h-l-i-a, but my Momma is a sucker for weird spellings so went with C-a-l-l-e-i-a-h. It means Friendship or clear and bright. In Greek it means torture or pure." She set to stirring the sauce before adding a few seasonings to it. Breaking the dry noodles in half, she dropped a a couple ounces worth into the boiling water before turning towards StClair. "Yeah, those are mine. Though, you know, that pose isn't anything new. Was just in a happy phase, very thankful for all that was happening in my life."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:14 am
MommiiDearest

StClair smiled. He had interpreted the statue's gesture as reaching for help, but knowing what the artist intended, he did now see happiness in the pose. "I'll go have a look at the clothes."

He went to the room Calleiah had given him directions to. The clothes in the dresser were different from what he was used to. He found a pair of black trousers, a bit too short at the ankle, but better than the rags he was wearing. He put on the trousers. The shirts in the dresser were too small at the shoulders, so he had to resort to a sweater with some letters on it. The garment was alien to him, but he'd seen similar worn by young men on the way here. He assumed it was the style of this time.

Dressed, StClair returned to the living room. "How do I look?" He asked Calleiah.  

Another Damned Vampire

Greedy Bloodsucker

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:22 am
Another Damned Vampire

By the time StClair had changed and returned, Calleiah was seated crosslegged on the couch with a bowel of pasta in her lap. "Like Urkel, in those pants." She whispered before turning her face towards him and saying louder, "Very comfortable. How do you feel?" She twirled noodles onto her fork and took a bite. As she chewed she pulled a black television remote from between the couch cushions and pressed the power button. "Any show in particular you enjoy?"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:25 am
MommiiDearest

Having never heard of anyone called Urkel, StClair wasn't sure if the comment was a compliment or not. However, he took the optimistic view that if he looked like someone else, he wasn't the only person dressing like this.

As Calleiah turned on the TV, StClair had another big surprise. It had to be magic - there was no way science could achieve something like this. "No. You can choose, Miss G - I mean, Calleiah."  

Another Damned Vampire

Greedy Bloodsucker

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:48 am
Another Damned Vampire

"Why do you look so confused? You just got the same shocked expression as when I took out my iPhone. Are you... Amish or something?" She couldn't think of many religions where they didn't have electronics so she was just throwing something out. His clothes looked more Victorian than Amish, though. Flipping through the channels she didn't see anything that interested her, so she handed the remote over to StClair. "Go on. Take it."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:52 am
MommiiDearest

The Amish people had existed back in his time, so StClair grabbed on this excuse to explain his behavior. "Yes, I used to be Amish. Not anymore, though." He managed to act with his eyes that there was something dark in his past, and he didn't wish to talk about it. He took the remote, and pressed a button at random. It happened to be the volume control, and the TV was now shouting news painfully loudly. "Oh no, I broke it!" StClair exclaimed, covering his ears with his hands.  

Another Damned Vampire

Greedy Bloodsucker

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:00 am
Another Damned Vampire

Calleiah nodded as he spoke, but soon was fumbling for the remote and pressing the volume button down. "No, no. You did not break it. You just pressed the wrong button. It is alright." Setting a hand on his arm she gave an easy smile and patted his arm, "You didn't break it. Here, look," She pointed to the channel button. "You need to push this one. This will change the show that it on." Her heart was pounding hard in her chest at the sudden uproar, and she took a deep breath, held it, and let it slowly out hoping to calm her nerves.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:15 am
MommiiDearest

StClair sighed in relief when the noise abated. He was surprised by the sudden touch on his arm. He studied the remote control some more. He experimented with the channel button, and found a talkshow where a young singer was being interviewed. The conversation was confusing to him, full of references he didn't catch, yet he listened earnestly, hoping to make some sense of the show, and of the world as it now was.  

Another Damned Vampire

Greedy Bloodsucker

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:51 am
Another Damned Vampire

Calleiah felt a yawn building in her throat, so she walked her dirty dishes to the sink and dropped them in. Rinsing water over them, she turned and looked at StClair. "Are you sure you aren't going to eat dinner? If you change your mind there is food in the fridge and cupboards." The female motioned around the petite kitchen with her hand. She headed back to her bedroom then and grabbed the clothes she would need to sleep in before walking towards the bathroom. "Do you need to get in here before I do?" She called out.

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff