Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Links
Do You Believe in Ghosts? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:15 am
The Bible does not say that all spirits are demons, that is correct.
It doesn't, but we can draw conclusions from what it does say about contacting spirits, and perhaps the nature of the spirits that are contacted based on result. Isaiah says: "Should not people inquire of God?
"Should they inquire the dead on behalf of the living"? Should we as Christians go to some other source and inquire about the questions we have about the afterlife? If a spirit answers, on whose behalf is it answering?

We learn in Deuteronomy 18:10-12 that those who inquires of the dead, and practices divination does something that is an abomination to God. We learn in 1 Chronicles that king Saul died because he consulted a medium. It was a breach of faith. He no longer had faith in God. Can we not apply this to us, if we decided to consult mediums, or spirits? If no, why not?

We read in 1 Timothy 4:1 that in the later times, often translated as the latst days, people will listen to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons.

There are no verses to draw from that I am aware of that urge people to go to spirits for consultations, or protection, but there are verses that indicate this is an abomination to the Lord, and that people who do, pollute themselves. Based on the verses that we have about spirits that people can contact through mediums or necromancy, these spirits seem to operate in opposition to God.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:25 am
I don't doubt for a second that those who are mediums or spend time trying to learn how communicate with the spirit world believe that these spirits are what they believe them to be, or what the spirits give the impression of being - benign. To Christians, Christ and the Bible is the standard of truth, and if these spirit does not measure up to the truth we have to conclude that they are deceiving spirits, and malevolent, no matter how many true things about the past, about dead relatives or you they reveal, or how friendly they give they impression of being. If you leave out the most important Truth, the one that is essential to your understanding, your well-being and future, then it is still a lie; a lie of omission. If you skew your words just enough, that people can't see Jesus, you are not doing God's work, but the work of some other fellow.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Clyry

Stubborn Humorist

20,650 Points
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Party Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:20 am
Garland-Green
The Bible does not say that all spirits are demons, that is correct.
It doesn't, but we can draw conclusions from what it does say about contacting spirits, and perhaps the nature of the spirits that are contacted based on result. Isaiah says: "Should not people inquire of God?
"Should they inquire the dead on behalf of the living"? Should we as Christians go to some other source and inquire about the questions we have about the afterlife? If a spirit answers, on whose behalf is it answering?

We learn in Deuteronomy 18:10-12 that those who inquires of the dead, and practices divination does something that is an abomination to God. We learn in 1 Chronicles that king Saul died because he consulted a medium. It was a breach of faith. He no longer had faith in God. Can we not apply this to us, if we decided to consult mediums, or spirits? If no, why not?

We read in 1 Timothy 4:1 that in the later times, often translated as the latst days, people will listen to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons.

There are no verses to draw from that I am aware of that urge people to go to spirits for consultations, or protection, but there are verses that indicate this is an abomination to the Lord, and that people who do, pollute themselves. Based on the verses that we have about spirits that people can contact through mediums or necromancy, these spirits seem to operate in opposition to God.

I totally agree with you...  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:56 pm
Acenintendo
I have never heard of a place in the Bible that says all spirits are demons
it is something assumed

Yes, I have to agree with the Captain's recent posts. As a Christian who regards the Bible as truth, I have nothing against His Word.  

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

Acenintendo

Newbie Mage

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:20 pm
Spirit Reborn
Acenintendo
it is something assumed

Yes, I have to agree with the Captain's recent posts. As a Christian who regards the Bible as truth, I have nothing against His Word.

I guess i would have to say there are different types of magick. But since it says all spells, i cannot dispute it us against the Bible. However it does not make the spirits evil. EVEN if it is evil to contact them. It does not make what u are contacting evil.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:05 pm
Acenintendo
Spirit Reborn
Acenintendo
it is something assumed

I guess i would have to say there are different types of magick. But since it says all spells, i cannot dispute it us against the Bible. However it does not make the spirits evil. EVEN if it is evil to contact them. It does not make what u are contacting evil.
Let us consider that for a moment. If the spirits are open to communication with you they are violating God's will. If they are not rebuking you for attempting to contact them, or by being open to contact, they are allowing you to do something that is polluting you in the eyes of God. They are spirit, and God is spirit, they would not be ignorant of God's will. So they are choosing to disobey, and engage us humans. They are evil, for leading people astray, for omitting important information that is essential for those who decide to contact spirits to know. If you cause someone to sin, you are not good. According to 2 Corinthians 11:14-15, demons masquerade as “angels of light” and as “servants of righteousness.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:48 pm
Leviticus 20:6 - And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people.

2 Kings 21:6 - And he made his son pass through the fire, and observed times, and used enchantments, and dealt with familiar spirits and wizards: he wrought much wickedness in the sight of the LORD, to provoke [him] to anger.  
Links

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff