Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Against Oblivion. (3.5 D&D, Game is dead ) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:00 am
saint odium
Mongooseh
I might be interested if I knew what gestalt meant.

A gestalt is a character that has two classes that progress at the same time. You get the best of each class for HP, saving throws, skill points, and BAB. You get all the class features of both and class skills from each one but you get all the restrictions of both as well. A fighter/wizard still can't cast spells in armor and so on.

Seems reasonable. Interest pending...  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:03 am
Mongooseh
saint odium
Mongooseh
I might be interested if I knew what gestalt meant.

A gestalt is a character that has two classes that progress at the same time. You get the best of each class for HP, saving throws, skill points, and BAB. You get all the class features of both and class skills from each one but you get all the restrictions of both as well. A fighter/wizard still can't cast spells in armor and so on.

Seems reasonable. Interest pending...

Okay just give me a heads up if you do plan join our merry little band lunatics  

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:33 pm
saint odium
Dion Necurat
saint odium
Dion Necurat
saint odium
Dion Necurat

I know, but I have plans, not to mention that I gain weapon focus as a bonus feat for the war domain.

True. So any ideas on your second class and race

Well I'll probably just stick with Human for the race, but second class?

EDIT: Ah, disregard. Well, if I play the Cleric, I'll probably pick Paladin as my second class, then just have my prestige take the Cleric slot as my caster level would still increase based on the Paladin. If I play the Sorcerer, since I would opt for the Battle Sorcerer archetype, I'd probably select a class that can take advantage of the face that I can theoretically run around with a b*****d Sword.

Okay, keeping it simple is always good.

Unless there's another divine class that could help me in regard to turn chances? I don't think there is, so Paladin might be my best guess.

I can't think of one

Well I'll build one of each character I have in mind, pending your approval (minus spells, and believe me, there will be spells).

Question about alignment, though; for Gestalt characters, if there is a class that has an alignment restriction, do I need to be in that alignment to obtain the benefits?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:40 pm
saint odium
Dion Necurat
I'm curious to give a Battle Sorcerer a try...though I'll likely roll a melee-focused Spontaneous Caster Cleric instead.

Would a 20-point buy be sufficient over rolling stats?

Yes it would but I also said Gestalt characters so take that into consideration when deciding on classes and doing your ability scores. Oh by the way I am not trying to influence your character making but I find the favored soul much better then a Spontaneous Caster Cleric if you are going with a melee focus.

Also, would you recommend a different point-buy?  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:56 pm
Dion Necurat
saint odium
Dion Necurat
I'm curious to give a Battle Sorcerer a try...though I'll likely roll a melee-focused Spontaneous Caster Cleric instead.

Yes it would but I also said Gestalt characters so take that into consideration when deciding on classes and doing your ability scores. Oh by the way I am not trying to influence your character making but I find the favored soul much better then a Spontaneous Caster Cleric if you are going with a melee focus.

Yes you need to have the alignment but also if you're not keen on playing a Lawful good paladin the Unearthed Arcana has 3 variant paladins in it. As for the point buy system I never really used them myself and don't know any but the standard one but since I'm DM how about I just say make it 30 instead of 20 and be done with it all.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:13 pm
saint odium
Dion Necurat
saint odium
Dion Necurat

Yes you need to have the alignment but also if you're not keen on playing a Lawful good paladin the Unearthed Arcana has 3 variant paladins in it. As for the point buy system I never really used them myself and don't know any but the standard one but since I'm DM how about I just say make it 30 instead of 20 and be done with it all.

Okay, perfect.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:23 pm
This is a lot of homework... XD

Fun granted, but still.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:41 pm
Dion Necurat

Fun granted, but still.

Try running a campaign with ten players and one of them wants to a rules lawyer every chance he gets  

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:43 pm
saint odium
Dion Necurat

Fun granted, but still.

Try running a campaign with ten players and one of them wants to a rules lawyer every chance he gets

Had a player like that once. I had to quickly remind him that 1) we're human and make mistakes, and 2), after he told me with a straight face that he was a half-orc, that I'm the DM and what I say goes.

...And now I have another question. So Clerics and Paladins get Turn Undead, albeit for the Paladin its at level 4. Do I get the same number of turn opportunities as the Cleric, essentially doubling my pool, or do I just get the higher of the two?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:49 pm
Here is what I have so far for my divine character. Let me know what you think.

I'll get to work on my SUPER MEGA BATTLE SORCERER next.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:37 pm
Dion Necurat
Here is what I have so far for my divine character. Let me know what you think.

I'll get to work on my SUPER MEGA BATTLE SORCERER next.

Um I just have a few notes about your Cleric Paladin. Your Saves are wrong and as for your the turn Undead they stack.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:20 pm
saint odium

So would it be ok if i use an array of scores and if so what would those be for a gestalt character  

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:24 pm
loth17
saint odium

So would it be ok if i use an array of scores and if so what would those be for a gestalt character

I don't know what you mean by a array of scores. If you could explain what you mean I could give you a answer.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:27 pm
saint odium
loth17
saint odium

I don't know what you mean by a array of scores. If you could explain what you mean I could give you a answer.

An array is when instead of rolling you just get six scores chosen by the dm depending on the power level of the campaign

Like for instance in a low power campaign the dm might give the following

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out