Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Inspiration
To the Glory of God Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:13 pm
User Image

The Mutillidae are a family of more than 3,000 species of wasps (despite the names) whose wingless females resemble large, hairy ants. Their common name velvet ant refers to their dense pile of hair which most often is bright scarlet or orange, but may also be black, white, silver, or gold. Black and white specimens are sometimes known as panda ants due to their hair coloration resembling that of the Chinese giant panda. Their bright colours serve as aposematic signals. They are known for their extremely painful stings, hence the common name cow killer or cow ant. Unlike a real ant, they do not have drones, workers, and queens.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:15 pm
User Image

The helmet jellyfish (Periphylla periphylla) is a luminescent, red-colored jellyfish of the deep sea  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:19 pm
User Image

Mantis shrimp or stomatopods are marine crustaceans, the members of the order Stomatopoda. They may reach 30 centimetres (12 in) in length, though in exceptional cases have been recorded at up to 38 cm (15 in)

Called "sea locusts" by ancient Assyrians, "prawn killers" in Australia and now sometimes referred to as "thumb splitters" – because of the animal's ability to inflict painful gashes if handled incautiously – mantis shrimp sport powerful claws that they use to attack and kill prey by spearing, stunning, or dismemberment. Although it only happens rarely, some larger species of mantis shrimp are capable of breaking through aquarium glass with a single strike from this weapon

Wikipedia  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:43 am
User Image

Bioluminescence is the production and emission of light by a living organism. Bioluminescence occurs widely in marine vertebrates and invertebrates, as well as in some fungi, microorganisms and terrestrial invertebrates. Some symbiotic organisms carried within larger organisms produce light.

This picture is taken at the Gippsland Lakes area of Australia. The light show is caused by an enormous bloom of bioluminescent bacteria in the water.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:57 am
'The natural is so awesome that we need not go beyond it.'
- Ruth Hurmence Green'

This is certainly not true. The phenomenons we see around us, are designed to testify of the Lord. His majesty, His glory and his greatness.
If we stop with what we see we fall short of the goal of what we are seeing.

Psalm 19:1
The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.

Then we are confusing the created for the Creator.

Romans 1:25
They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator--who is forever praised. Amen.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:23 pm
Hmm, interesting idea.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Chxsa

Bright Bunny

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:48 am
Zippytune
Hmm, interesting idea.

biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:09 pm
User Image
Tadpole Shrimp

The order Notostraca comprises the single family Triopsidae, containing the tadpole shrimp or shield shrimp. The two genera, Triops and Lepidurus, are considered living fossils. They have a broad, flat carapace, which conceals the head and bears a single pair of compound eyes. The abdomen is long, appears to be segmented and bears numerous pairs of flattened legs. The telson is flanked by a pair of long, thin caudal rami. Phenotypic plasticity within taxa makes species-level identification difficult, and is further compounded by variation in the mode of reproduction. Notostracans are omnivores living on the bottom of temporary pools and shallow lakes.

Youtube video  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:36 pm
Always liked these guys.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:15 am
Sharing some pictures from where I live. Taken with an old phone so excuse the quality.

User Image

User Image

User Image

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:27 am
Wow, really pretty there Garland. :O Wish I could visit.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:28 am
User Image

User Image

The saiga (Saiga tatarica) is a critically endangered antelope which originally inhabited a vast area of the Eurasian steppe zone from the foothills of the Carpathian Mountains and Caucasus into Dzungaria and Mongolia. They also lived in North America at on point. Today, the nominate subspecies (S. t. tatarica) is only found in one location in Russia (steppes of the northwest Precaspian region) and three areas in Kazakhstan (the Ural, Ustiurt and Betpak-dala populations). A proportion of the Ustiurt population migrates south to Uzbekistan and occasionally Turkmenistan in winter. It is extinct in China and southwestern Mongolia. The Mongolian subspecies (S. t. mongolica) is found only in western Mongolia. - Wikipedia

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:31 am
Tsur

Warning if you do. Everything is very expensive, and you may not find food you like.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:34 am
Garland-Green
Tsur

Warning if you do. Everything is very expensive, and you may not find food you like.

So long as I'm on the Word of God I think I could survive. razz But I know what you mean. Is it like Switzerland? Because that place was insanely expensive.  

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:42 am
Tsur
Garland-Green
Tsur

So long as I'm on the Word of God I think I could survive. razz But I know what you mean. Is it like Switzerland? Because that place was insanely expensive.
I think Norway is one of the most expensive countries in the world if I don't remember wrong. High up on the list. Perhaps just beat by Switzerland.
Bring provision. lol When I visited the US I loved how cheap everything there was, and the great selection of food. I had food I had never tasted before here in Norway. You are privileged with the options you have.  
Inspiration

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff