Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Event Archive
Cupid's Ballroom Dance Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:40 am
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

House: Ravenclaw
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 12
Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
Year at Hogwarts: Second Year
Wearing: Formal Wear (and bringing a book or two).

Curiosity killed the cat they say...

The school had made enough of a fuss about the stupid Cupid's Ball event that was going on, it was just a permanent annoyance for him. He figured in the end that he might as well go or just further become social pariah. Besides, it annoyed him not to know what was going on to some degree-especially something that was having such a fuss made over. As he entered the ballroom he scowled ever so slightly tightening the strap of his satchel that hung across him that contained a few extra readings-including one of his father's medical textbooks he had borrowed-just in case things got too awful, and his wand. He glanced around the ball room it was fairly quiet. He spotted Echo with the dark skinned Gryffindor from his year that he hung out with a lot... wasn't there usually a blonde Hufflepuff girl mingling with them too? There was an upperclassman who seemed to be waiting for someone. Two upperclassmen, a tall blonde girl and a pink haired male dressed a bit... flashy for his tastes... who were actually seemed to be the only ones dancing and doing quite well.

As he walked towards the wall reaching to pull out a text book he noticed another flash of pink hair of a girl who was scanning the room looking ready to pounce on someone. He couldn't figure out her target though, it wasn't like there was that many people there yet. He also wondered if he had missed the memo and suddenly pink hair was overly in vogue. It was ridiculous what was wrong with dressing and not overly altering yourself. That was when he realized he recognized her-she was Echo's sister in his house one year older than him. He didn't remember much about her besides the fact she was fairly outspoken, had been with a Slytherin who had decided to make his table home Ravenclaw last year's sorting feast, and most relevantly she was a metamorphmagus. He supposed bright pink hair was as normal to her as was any other color. Either way after taking a bit too long to stare to recognize her he grew annoyed with her preening and found the nearest spot against the wall and pulled out a book at random-Oxford Textbook of Anatomy.

Well, it was something to do, and the orchestra was good so he could enjoy it. And he could claim he had gotten out of the library for once-even if it was to study or read which is what he just did in the library anyways. But, the library didn't have nice music. The music and ballroom reminded of the annual New Year's party his father would host for his colleagues and certain repeat customers and other notable people. His Dad hosted one for as long as he could remember and around the time David was seven and Cathy was five he started letting them attend, which just ended with the adults doting on Cathy, and the occasional annoyance going on about how much he looked like his mother and as he got older how he had his mother's pretty brown eyes and brown hair but was just so well read.

He sighed opening the book, maybe coming to this thing was more than a waste of time he had to waste-maybe it was just an annoyance. With a sigh he flipped through about fifty pages, returning to where he was before, and continued reading about viral infections and their reaction to various vaccines.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:36 am
User Image

1 year | Ani James | Hufflepuffxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image
Ani is...
CURRENTLY // dressed up for the ball
CURRENTLY // single
CURRENTLY WITH // no one
CURRENTLY FEELING // excited
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'everything looks so amazing!'

amount of detail. She let her gaze wander around, taking in
the crowd of students of all ages, moving and dancing around
the hall, laughing and joking. Ani walked towards
the crowd of people slowly but stopped again a few feet away,
not sure what to do and looked at the people more closely. She
saw a older girl in a pretty gold corset with long blonde hair and
a swishy skirt. And another in a bright pink and black outfit.
They all looked amazing.

Loyal... And a hard worker to boot,
You help those in need, I see,
Then this house is perfect for that attitude...
Hufflepuff!

User Image

full on monet

Sarcastic Sweetheart

15,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:41 am
When she was just a girl
She expected the world
But it flew away from her reach
And the bullets catch in her teeth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image

︵ ︶ ︷ ︸ ︹ ︺︵ ︶ ︷ ︸ ︹ ︺
Tanya rolled her eyes at Echo's counter that he wasn't antisocial, the little bugger. "I know that! It's why I said 'slightly'." she emphasized dryly although most of her humor shown through the twinkling of her eyes. She had to resist the urges to once again roll her eyes as he blew out a gust of wind (like by asking him to dance was such a complete chore for him, it should be the other way around git!) and to jump and clap happily when he finally accepted to do so. When he told her not to worry she could only give a sheepish grin before taking his offered hand (and paying no attention to the almost tingle that generated from their fingers touching, nope not at all). "Well then lead away because I have absolutely no idea what to do." Tanya admitted a tad embarrassed. While it wasn't exactly expected to know how to do fifteen types of ballroom dances, not knowing exactly how to dance (well, how to dance correctly in public) had been very low on her list of things to learn. With any luck Echo would know exactly what to do and wouldn't mind a beginner like her tagging along for the ride.

︵ ︶ ︷ ︸ ︹ ︺︵ ︶ ︷ ︸ ︹ ︺

Cara MiaKitty

WearingWhere: Cupid BallWith: EchoThinking: Finally!OOC:

So lying underneath those stormy skies.
She said oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh.
I know the sun must set to rise.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:16 pm
User Image

t e l l m e s o m e t h i n g i d o n ' t k n o w - - -
b a l l ✖
l o n e s o m e s ✖
v a l e n t i n e b a l l
n e u t r a l ✖
s i n g l e ✖
C U R R E N T . A P P E A R A N C E

The ballroom was pretty packed when the redhead slipped in through the door, realizing the number of people already in the room. Truth be told, he'd only popped in for a little while to see what it was all about. Also, it was a chance to dress up and admittedly, being one of the vainest people he knew, Kas was never one to turn down an opportunity to show off. Spotting Tanya and Echo on the dance floor, the not-so-petite anymore redhead--- he'd grown taller over the summer, who knew?--- the redhead grinned at the sight as he passed, weaving through the small crowd to set still in a less-noticeable place.

Not that he was self-conscious-- oh, no, Kas was anything but self-conscious in his own body. It was a little over, yeah, he would admit, but considering him, it was perfectly fine. He had gone with his usual jeans, a little too lazy to dig out anything else, pairing the excessively ripped pair of fit black denim jeans with a pale pink dress shirt, sleeves folded to expose his forearms, a simple vest and a s**t-tonne of accessories to go with the studded combats he was currently sporting. Ear-cuffs, studs, belted wristlets, various rings and a padlock choker littered throughout the outfit, effectively satisfying Kas's own tastes and toned down just to toe the line between appropriate and not.

Spotting the other Lovette-- he didn't know her very well, but he figured socialization wasn't a bad thing to do tonight-- the redhead made his way towards the Ravenclaw upperclassman, bumping his hip playfully against hers, feeling slightly chipper that night. Had he eaten anything? It was probably the sleep. Turning his attention to the dance floor, a smile curled up the corner of his lips. "They make an adorable picture, don't they?" he asked, turning to Gypsy, almost toxic-green eyes glittering with amusement at the goofy duo. They really did and it really was quite cute.

Quote:

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:17 pm
User Image
Gypsy is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Racy at the Cupid's Ballspace
CURRENTLY // singlespaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Kasspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Slyspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'I don't know who yet, but someone... someone is dancing with me.' spacespac

ஒ ஒ ஒ Hello again, friend of a friend, I knew you when
Our common goal was waiting for the world to end
ஒ ஒ ஒ
═════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceGypsy had watched in amusement as Tanya led her little brother out onto the dance floor, and he offered his hand to dance. She smirked; that girl was good for him, as far as friends went. The Gryffindor was making him be social, something she'd not thought she'd ever see in a million years. But, a bit of annoyance tweaked in her as well; Echo'd found a dance partner before her. How utterly annoying. She glanced around the room, hoping to spot a potential partner, and seeing no one... there was the short blonde, whom Gypsy was fairly certain was an upperclassman despite her short stature, and anyway, the girl looked like she had her eyes peeled for someone. There was also the boy from Echo's year, who she struggled not to snort at. Really? A textbook, at the ball? Why didn't he just stay in the common room? He was alone, so it wasn't like someone had drug him downstairs. Probably fishing, then; sitting on the sidelines, waiting for someone else to make a move on him. This time, she did snort; really? He expected someone else to make the effort? How completely pointless was that? You didn't wait on life, because it wouldn't wait on you. The only thing to do was to grab it by the horns and go.

spaceGypsy was pulled from her thoughts by the feeling of a hip bumping against her own. She turned, expecting to see Jer or Jess or even Toby, and was surprised to find that, rather than one of her own friends, it was one of her brothers; Kas, wasn't it? She gave him a once over, eyes sparking with amusement, purple flecks appearing in the blue depths. She couldn't decide if the kid looked hot or adorable, with his ripped jeans and rebellious jewelry. She decided on adorable, since thinking her little brother's friend was hot seemed somehow wrong. Especially given the look on Echo's face when he talked about Kas... looking at the redhead now, Gypsy totally got it. And wondered if maybe she and her brother were more alike than they thought, because at the moment, Kas could almost pass for her type. She glanced back at the dance floor when he spoke, smirking. "Yeah, they're pretty cute. Although, I'm pretty sure Echo'd like to dance with... someone else," she told him, emphasizing the words with a waggle of her eyebrows and what could be interpreted as a suggestive look.

spaceSeized by the spirit of mischief (and indeed, a streak of purple appeared in her hair), she took the shorter boy's hand, and drug him out to the dance floor. "C'mon, I've been waiting for a dance partner and you're currently the most eligible bachelor on the floor," she informed him, winking. It didn't mean anything, of course, but then, he'd know that, surely? Just some fun; Kas did seem like the sort to enjoy that. People didn't usually dress so loudly if they didn't like to have a good time. She certainly hoped that he was the sort to take a bite of life's pie; Echo would need someone like that, since he was so timid. It didn't, for a moment, enter her mind that the feelings, however small they were at the moment, might not be mutual. After all, Echo was her little brother, and that meant that he was at least almost as awesome as her. How could anyone not like him?

ஒ ஒ ஒ Now that the truth is just a rule that you can bend
                                                          You crack the whip, shape-shift and trick the past again.
                                                          ஒ ஒ ஒ

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Lady Pomegranates

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:43 pm
jeѕѕαмιɴe αɴd тoвιαѕ wαlѕн
| тwιɴѕ | тнιrd yeαrѕ | нυғғlepυғғ αɴd ɢryғғιɴdor |

User ImagexxxxxxxxxxUser Image

jeѕѕ ran across the dance floor, tugging her brother along by his sleeve. "Come on, Toby," she insisted, voice shrill with excitement. "There's Gypsy." Her tone of voice was nearly reverent. Gypsy was so cool, so mature. She always had the best look, since she could change it to whatever she liked, the coolest outfits... And best of all, she wasn't afraid to say what was on her mind, whenever she felt like it, and Jess was a girl who went with her gut always. Everything she did was an impulse. The brown haired girl stared at her friend's hot pink corset and her lacy tank and gloves, and at her painted lips and eye makeup. She could have passed for a fourth or even fifth year, no problem. And she was already fourteen! Jess and Toby's birthday wasn't until June. Jess, in her pink and blue dress with the flaring skirt and with bows in her hair, with just her nail polish and her ballet flats, felt very young and small. She could barely fit into teen sizes of anything. She could still pass for a ten year old- no curves to speak of, a gawky, skinny little thing with glasses and plain brown hair. She dug her freshly painted nails into her palms for a second and forced her shoulders up and a confident grin on her face. She needed to act like she was something to stare at, even if she wasn't. She walked like she saw older girls walk, letting herself sway a little with each step, head held high. Still, she paled in comparison to Gypsy, she felt, and she struggled to not slump and stare at the floor. "Hi Gypsy!" she said perkily. "You look beast, you've gotta show me how to what you did with your lips," she begged, and then glanced slyly back at her brother. "Doesn't she look amazing, Toby?" If she could get him to stutter, it'd perfect. Her friend was obviously looking for someone to dance with, and her brother was a boy, and she guessed he was probably a reasonably attractive one when he fixed his hair and wore nice clothes and stopped slouching so much, so... why not? But Kas had appeared, who she sort of knew but not really, and Gypsy was dragging him out, and she watched with faint amusement and a shockingly earnest, innocent expression.

тoвy
was trying not to let his mouth drop open like a bloody puppet's. What the... It should be illegal for girls to dress like that, he thought darkly. Guys stood no chance. Gypsy looked good. She was just a friend, of course, but that didn't mean he had to act like she was a sister or something. And honestly, seeing someone all made up and striking that sort of pose formed a much different image from someone you saw every day in uniform in class. He could tell she was making Jess doubt herself, but it wasn't like it was her fault. His sister had issues with self esteem, sometimes, he guessed, and wasn't that a normal girl thing? Always thinking bad about themselves? But Jess would murder him if he even drew attention to what he could sense, and he hoped no one else noticed, for his sister's sake. Some arsehole might try to take advantage of her insecurities, and he wasn't always going to be there to protect her, after all. She would claim she didn't need her younger by 15 minutes brother watching out for her, of course, but he knew she did. She was fragile, in her own way, the kind of fragile you covered up with a haughty sway in your step and sharp wit. He followed after Jess, as usual, trying not to stare at Gypsy too much, and when his sister asked the question he silently exhaled and managed to keep a blush off his face- he wasn't some dork like Uriel, after all, and nodded. "Nice outfit," he complimented as suavely as a thirteen year old could, and then bit back a laugh at the ridiculousness of him trying to play this cool and her pose. And then, that Kas guy was there and she was asking him to dance and he just stood and watched and felt like a little boy.

Cara MiaKitty

Lady Pomegranates

((sorry if this post seems awkward or stilted, I didn't check to see Kas and Gypsy posted until I was about to post myself, so I did a quickie edit.))

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:19 pm
User Image

t e l l m e s o m e t h i n g i d o n ' t k n o w - - -
b a l l ✖
l o n e s o m e s ✖
v a l e n t i n e b a l l
n e u t r a l ✖
s i n g l e ✖
C U R R E N T . A P P E A R A N C E

Kas laughed as he was dragged to the dance floor, allowing himself to be pulled over to the space of dancing people. Well, he'd found good company tonight, which was way more than he was expecting, to be honest. There were days he'd rather just laze away in aloneness and feel drowsy in peace but tonight definitely did him in a turn with the pep he was feeling. Preferred company at the moment was definitely not stagnant and dull. The redhead snorted back a laugh of disbelief and amusement at Gypsy's statement, leading the other in a spin. "Most eligible bachelor?" the young lord scoffed lightly, a grin spreading on his face. "Honestly, I beg to differ. I'd imagined him to be a tad bit taller, actually." Kas had no problems poking fun at himself, which was more than he could actually say for a lot of people, and the redhead quite enjoyed it one time or another since it lightened up conversation quite well.

"And that earlier.... eyebrow thing-waggle," Kas eloquently pointed out, referring to the odd jig her brows had done accompanying the poke of fun the pinkette had had at his expense earlier. "Dance with someone else? I don't know, I'd say they looked pretty well already," the redhead stated, slightly wistfully. As weird as it was admitting that yes, he had thought the other boy was cute, to his sister of all people-- though extremely indirectly and everything-- it wasn't like they could read his mind and s**t.

Oh, s**t.

Could they?

Yeah, anyway. Turning his attention back to the older girl, Kas took in her attire, pleased by all the aesthetics working in the ensemble. "I love the style," he told her, meaning it fully. He didn't generally see people who were into the same scene as he was, so it was a nice change to actually be around people who dressed like he did. "Definite kudos to the lady," he told her. "And, apologies for the crap dance partner," he grinned drolly. "

Quote:

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:24 pm
TOMORROW you will KNOW
There's NO BETTER DAY than TODAY
We DON'T SEE how LUCKY these DAYS are
'Til these DAYS GO AWAY
Gotta LIVE IT with LOVE
AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN
Gotta LIVE IT with LOVE
AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN

Gotta live them with love: Happy
Again and again and again: There's Tanya and Echo! And Kas!
Live it with love: Students
Again and again and again: Dance Floor

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
V A S S

B L O O D T R A I T O R | H U F F L E P U F F | S E C ON D Y E A R User Image

Elsie was crossing the dance floor when she saw Tanya and Echo take to it. Echo looked reluctant, but she spotted his small smile and Tanya's obvious delight. The blonde Hufflepuff's face lit up and she gave them a small wave, not sure if they saw, and then stood by the wall, humming a bit to the music and rocking in place to it ever so slightly. She even saw Kas being pulled onto the dance floor by a pink haired older girl. She didn't care if she danced alone or with someone else. Seeing her friends happy made her happy, and she felt pretty tonight. She was even wearing lip gloss and nail polish, after hesitantly asking Newlyn if she could show her how one did things like that. It felt weird, bit good at the same time. Like she was growing up all at once.

There's NO BETTER DAY than TODAY to LIVE with LOVE.

TOMORROW you will KNOW
There's NO BETTER DAY than TODAY
We HOLD UP and FALL DOWN
These DAYS are FADING ALL AWAY
They're FADING AWAY
How we'd GET SO FAR?
FAR from WHO we REALLY ARE?
SING oh, sing OH

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:30 pm
User Image
Echo is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Dapper at the Cupid's Ballspace
CURRENTLY WITH // Tanyaspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Uncomfortablespacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Wha- why would she... Why me?' spacespac

♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the white knight is talking backwards
♣ ♥ ♦ ♠
════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceEcho smiled when Tanya took his hand and admitted that she didn't know how to dance. It wasn't that surprising, really; probably more surprising that he knew how to dance, actually. He didn't think that was a commonality among twelve-year-old boys. He took her free hand and placed it on his shoulder, then placed his own on her hip, and led her gently, slowly, into a basic step. He counted in his head, knowing that some people found the numbers less than helpful. Gypsy tended to get flustered when steps were counted, and since the person he knew who reminded him most of Gypsy was Tanya, he supposed it was a fair bet that she'd the same way. He held her a fair distance apart, not uncomfortably far, but far enough that she could move into the rhythm without worrying about stepping on his feet. "Tell you what, we'll just keep this up until you're comfortable, and then if you want to try something fancy, we can do it then, yeah?" He smiled. His movements were gentle, but firm, meant to guide. He had to press a bit, otherwise he'd be allowing her too much freedom and she wouldn't pick up the proper movements. Dancing was about give and take... like most things in life. He was, for once, thankful that his mother had made him learn. If nothing else, he could have a good time.

spaceHe noticed, from the corner of his eye, Gypsy leading someone onto the dance floor, and turned to see who it was, pitying whoever had fallen victim to his sister. When he realized it was Kas, he felt a flare of jealousy. Wait, what? Why was he jealous? He told himself it was because his sister was stealing his friend; he wasn't a social butterfly like her, after all. He didn't want her stealing his friends away... but that felt wrong. He fought the urge to glare and turned back to Tanya, forcing a smile on his face. He was dancing with her, he owed her his full attention. It was rude to try to watch others while he danced with her. He really needed to improve his manners. "Sorry about that, Gypsy's dancing with Kas and that struck me as... odd," he told her, flushing. Surely she would agree; he didn't think that Kas and Gypsy had ever even spoken before, after all. Why were they dancing together?

════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ And the red queen's off with her head
                                                          Remember what the dormouse said.
                                                          ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠

User Image

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:34 pm
User Image
Gypsy is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Racy at the Cupid's Ballspace
CURRENTLY WITH // Kasspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Slyspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'I don't know who yet, but someone... someone is dancing with me.' spacespac

ஒ ஒ ஒ Hello again, friend of a friend, I knew you when
Our common goal was waiting for the world to end
ஒ ஒ ஒ

spaceGypsy smiled when Jess and Toby arrived. The other girl's insecurity went right over her friend's head, and Gypsy gave her a dazzling smile. She looked totally adorable; that dress was too cute. "Oh, my gosh, Jess, that dress is so cute! You look amazing! And I will totally show you how to do it, it's not really that hard. Especially when the make up is charmed not to smudge or fade. Girls date in the bathroom with a mirror?" The words came out very fast, her tone excited and breathy. Brash and obnoxious she might be, but Gypsy was, first and foremost, a girl, and she was just as obsessed with clothes and makeup as one would expect. Events like this where she got to dress up were great, even with the requirement that she be a bit more girlish than usual. But she was alright with that, as long as she looked fabulous. And she did, so she was in an excellent mood.

spaceIf she'd doubted her looks for even a second, the look in Toby's eyes would've cured it. She fought the urge to giggle. She considered adjusting the dancing arrangement, getting Kas to dance with Jess and taking Toby for herself, but then, she'd already asked Kas, and besides, it would probably drive Toby nuts to have to wait... she liked that idea. So, as she drug Kas away, she looked over her shoulder, offering the Gryffindor a flirty wink. "You're next, Tob! Don't think you're making it through the night without dancing with me!" she informed him, before turning to Kas with a smile.

spaceGypsy giggled at his assertion that the most eligible bachelor should be taller. She shook her head. "No way. Height's not even remotely an issue with me, see?" She concentrated for a second and then suddenly, she was even with the redhead. Unfortunately, her skirt was now a little longer than she preferred, and her corset was a bit loose. She tilted her head. "Ah, or not. Don't want a wardrobe malfunction, after all!" she said, adjusting her height back to normal. She wasn't used to wearing clothes that weren't the sort she could just adjust the sizing of. But short guys didn't bother her; she was usually with Jer, so obviously it wasn't an issue. Of course, a dance partner was very different from being friends with someone... wait, why did that thought seem odd? It wasn't like she felt like dancing with Jer... that would be weird.

spaceAt the redhead's words, she waggled her eyebrows again. "What, you mean that?" she asked, winking. At his obliviousness, she wanted to laugh. Of course, Echo was pretty quiet, and she'd only noticed because she knew him so well, of course. So she supposed she could cut the redhead some slack. After all, she doubted Echo even realized that his feelings towards Kas were romantic. "Yeah, someone else. Although I doubt he knows, since he doesn't even know he wants to dance at all," she said, somewhat cryptically. Usually, she'd have just outright said it, of course, but then, Echo wouldn't exactly appreciate it. When he moved to the much safer conversation topic of her clothes, she supposed it was for the best. "I've been dying for an excuse to do something wild. The uniforms can be so stifling," she informed him, rolling her eyes. Typically, she followed the rules only as far as she had to in order to prevent getting in trouble. But, given his own attire, she bet he could agree. "And kudos to you as well; I love the jeans. As far as dancing goes, don't worry. I know what I'm doing. You don't think Echo go that good," she moved her head in indication of the two second years, "without my mother making us learn together? Perish the thought." Honestly, learning with Echo had been a nightmare. The pair of them were so different that it'd been a complete pain. But, it'd worked, so she supposed she couldn't really complain. Put her on the dance floor, and she could at least not fall over. She could even lead, which she guessed was good, since Kas apparently didn't know how to dance.

ஒ ஒ ஒ Now that the truth is just a rule that you can bend
                                                          You crack the whip, shape-shift and trick the past again.
                                                          ஒ ஒ ஒ

User Image

First part of post is to Jess/Toby so that Gyp's not totally ignoring her friends XD XD XD

Lady Pomegranates

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:31 pm
When she was just a girl
She expected the world
But it flew away from her reach
And the bullets catch in her teeth
User Image

︵ ︶ ︷ ︸ ︹ ︺︵ ︶ ︷ ︸ ︹ ︺
Tanya jumped slightly as Echo's hand was placed on her hip and she gave a pointed look that clearly said "a little warning would go a long way." She tried not to keep staring at her toes as he began to lead them in what she assumed was the most basic dance and after the first few minutes she began to actually enjoy herself. She found herself only stumbling twice! At his suggestion she grinned and nodded forcing her head away from her red shoes and up to look at everyone else around them. Elsie was hiding away over by the wall swaying a bit (she would get a dance out of her as well by the end of the night) and she spotted Kas dancing with Gypsy of all people. She grinned loving his rather rebellious outfit and was going to comment on how the two complimented each other when he spotted something in Echo's eyes that turned her grin into a sly smirk. "Odd because he's dancing with Gypsy or odd because he's not dancing with you?" Tanya asked. Now that she thought about, she remembered the way he had looked at the redheaded Ravenclaw that time at the ice cream parlor and shook her head that it took her head that it took her this long to figure it out.

︵ ︶ ︷ ︸ ︹ ︺︵ ︶ ︷ ︸ ︹ ︺

Cara MiaKitty

WearingWhere: Cupid BallWith: EchoThinking: Ugh! How could I not see it!?OOC:

So lying underneath those stormy skies.
She said oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh.
I know the sun must set to rise.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:47 pm
User Image
Jesse Giovanni Fiore
Eleven~ Hufflepuff

✵ ✴ We live in cities you'll never see onscreen
Not very pretty, but we sure know how to run things
Living in ruins of a palace within my dreams
And you know we're on each others team

I'm kind of over getting told to throw my hands up in the air✵ ✴

【♖】
【♖】 【♖】 【♖】 【♖】

Jesse walked into the mass of students, regretting it instantly. He was all for socialization, awkward eleven-year-old dancing and looking at people and making an instant connection from across the moving crowd, but he was nervous. He didn't know anybody. Well, he knew a couple people. Sort of.
He fidgeted in his fancy clothes, looking around. Deciding to stay on the edge of the battle, he stood with his arms crossed and decided to watch the teenagers. He could sort of dance, but he was too nervous to do anything right now. "Why did I come to thiiiis," he sang awkwardly, wondering if there was any chocolate.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Wearing~

Kai Sparrowheart

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:34 pm
User Image
                                                        There are many things that I would
                                                        Like to say to you
                                                        But I don't know how

User Image

Chris entered the ballroom, feeling a bit odd for being there. Well, it was mostly because he'd never set foot in the castle save for once when he escorted Ada to her dorm. Which made him the first male Whitethorne to be here since his father, even if he had never attended. He vaguely wondered if anyone would even know about him, but doubted it. After all, his sister kept her secrets well-hidden, and well, he was probably the biggest secret in the family. Scanning the crowd, his own nose caught upon the familiar scent he'd come to love over the last few years, and a smile broke out over his face. Now, he just needed to follow it.

Weaving between dancers easily, he crossed over to where Ada was. He decided not to sneak this time, mostly because he didn't want to scare her in the middle of the floor, and gave her a slight bow. He was fully conscious of what she was wearing, but she could have been wearing rags and she would still be beautiful to him. Huh, now he was waxing poetic. Deciding to rise a bit from the bow, he took her hand and gave it a kiss. "Would this lady wish for a long-overdue dance? I think we missed the last one we tried to have." He knew full well she would know which dance he was referring to, and as long as nothing happened, he was sure they would get it. He did feel bad for those that decided to interrupt. A full-blown vampire wasn't a very pleasant creature to piss off, after all.

--------------------------
                                                        State: Mesmerized
                                                        OOC: For Ada
                                                        --------------------------

Because maybe
                                                        You're gonna be the one that saves me
                                                        And after all
                                                        You're my wonderwall

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:52 pm
User Image
Adalaide is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Fair at the Cupid's Ballspace
CURRENTLY // loving Chrisspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // No onespacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Excitedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, this is going to be so much fun!' spacespac

❀ ❀ ❀ I'm trying to remember why I was afraid
To be myself and let the covers fall away.
❀ ❀ ❀

spaceAdalaide had been waiting for what felt like forever. She'd been one of the first to arrive, and had watched as all manner of other students had made their way out to the dance floor with their own partners. The blonde huffed and squirmed and waited, trying very, very hard not to let herself worry that he wouldn't come. He'd said he'd be here, and he'd never let her down before, not once. Still, the nerves were there. She couldn't help it; some insecurities just wouldn't seem to go away. She stood with her arms crossed, trying very, very hard not to notice anyone who might be looking at her, wondering if she'd been stood up.

spaceWhen he did finally appear, he was the best thing she'd seen in... well, ever, at least, that's how it felt at the moment. She flushed bright red when he bowed and kissed the back of her hand. It might not be on the lips, but it was at least better than the top of her head... or was it? She wasn't really sure, but it felt better. Maybe it was the cultural connotation, she supposed. A kiss to the back of the hand... it was so romantic! Especially since they were at a ball. She squirmed again, her lips spreading into a wide smile. She manage to tamp down the urge to launch herself at him... it would've killed the mood. Instead, she took a couple deep breaths to calm herself, and nodded. "I think I couldn't imagine anything that would be better," she told him, trying (and failing) to sound like some proper regency-era woman at a proper ball. Well, if he was going to go all proper on her, she should at least try to match it! She didn't, though, and the absurdity of her trying to made her break down into giggles for a second. She managed to compose herself and gave him an apologetic smile. "Sorry, I just realized how ridiculous I sounded. But, I would very much love to dance with you," she told him, offering her hand.

spaceShe was struck by the similarity of the pose, and by the stark contrast, all at once. Last time, he'd stammered his request, so quickly she hadn't even realized at first what he'd asked (although that had been in part because she couldn't believe he'd want to dance with her), and chaos had erupted just as she'd offered her hand. This time, though, nothing happened... she let out a breath she hadn't realized she'd been holding. Unlike last time, tonight was going to go well. She could feel it.

❀ ❀ ❀ I guess I never had someone like you
                                                          To help me, to help me fit in my skin
                                                          ❀ ❀ ❀

User Image

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Forks Anonymous

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:45 pm
User Image
YANNICxx MARTINI
1ˁᵀ ʏᴇᴀʀxxxxxxxxƦαυεπclαω

ᶤ ᶜᵃᶰ ᵖʳᵉᵗᵉᶰᵈ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᶤ'ᵐ ᶰᵒᵗ ˡᵒᶰᵉˡʸ ᵇᵘᵗxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ᶤ'ˡˡ ᵇᵉ ᶜᵒᶰˢᵗᵃᶰᵗˡʸ ᶠᵒᵒˡᶤᶰᵍ ᵐʸˢᵉˡᶠxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ᶤ ᶜᵃᶰ ᵖʳᵉᵗᵉᶰᵈ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᶤᵗ ᵈᵒᶰ'ᵗ ᵐᵃᵗᵗᵉʳ ᵇᵘᵗxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ᶤ'ˡˡ ᵇᵉ ˢᶤᵗᵗᶤᶰᵍ ʰᵉʳᵉ ˡʸᶤᶰᵍ ᵗᵒ ᵐʸˢᵉˡᶠxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ˢᵒᵐᵉ ˢᵃʸ ˡᵒᵛᵉ ᵃᶤᶰ'ᵗ ʷᵒʳᵗʰ ᵗʰᵉ ᵇᵘᶜᵏxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ᵇᵘᵗ ᶤ'ˡˡ ᵍᶤᵛᵉ ᵉᵛᵉʳʸ ᵈᶤᵐᵉ ᶤ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ˡᵉᶠᵗxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ᵗᵒ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ʷʰᵃᵗ ᶤ'ᵛᵉ ᵒᶰˡʸ ᵇᵉᵉᶰ ᵈʳᵉᵃᵐᶤᶰᵍ ᵃᵇᵒᵘᵗxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ttire: [x]
                                                    xxood: Mildly Disoriented
                                                    xxxxocation: Ballroom
                                                    xxxxxxompanions: Alone

Balls have always been a little iffy for Yannic. The atmosphere and the general feel was never something he was particularly into, especially because Yannic never tended to dress up that much anyways. He made no exception for today, arriving in casual attire with the only formal piece being the black suit jacket he wore over his shirt. Yannic had gone so far as to bring a pair of sunglasses which he casually threw on despite being inside.

Wandering into the ballroom, the boy glanced left and right, not sure whether or not he felt like being social. The thing that irked him most was that he had gone to a ball without a date. His first ball, mind you. This was nothing like the movies. Stuffing his hands into his jean pockets, Yannic shuffled deeper into the room, sticking to the walls to stay away from plain view, though it seemed like most of the students were absorbed in their own conversations or occupied on the dance floor, which made it at least a little less embarrassing.

OOC ;; Waiting for Pom to post before I have Yannic interact with Jesse o3o

Event Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff