Welcome to Gaia! ::

Souls of Blood

Back to Guilds

vampires, Werewolves, Shifters, Fae, and other mystical beings in a post-apocalyptic world. 

Tags: Vampire, Demons, Action, Fantasy, Magic 

Reply Surface
Lake Lacrima Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

thus always to tyrants

Unforgiving Prophet

4,600 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:11 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
DIRK LUTHER,
VAMPIRE HUNTER.
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

spaceThe Holts' were surprised by the sudden change and ferocity that Blade had turned on the bandits, but rallied their defense and began firing. Dirk joined them, firing while guiding Blade. Suddenly,an old pick up truck with a mounted machine gun crashed through the fence, spraying automatic fire towards the house. Dirk was barely able to direct Blade to a hay bale in time to avoid the spray, while he and the Holts ducked back into the house and into cover. Her makeshift cover would not last long, however.

spaceOver the sound of the machine gun, Dirk could hear the sound of children crying and women screaming. Dirk grabbed one of the Holts' rifles and leaned out the door, firing burst after burst, trying to distract the gunner so that Blade could get to better cover...

Red Gypsy
Shooty shooty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:22 pm
thus always to tyrants
Yes indeedy

Blade managed to take cover, but knew that this wasn't going to last long, not for any of them. She hated bullies. Especially when they brought out better firepower. The truck was distracted by Dirk's gunfire enough that she was able to move around the other side of the hay bale and snuck up on the truck, using the darkness to her advantage.

She waited for a lull in the gunfire before she leaped into the back end of the truck, taking out the bandit firing the machine gun with one swipe of her claws then turned her focus on the driver. But he turned out to be an idiot who just swore and tried to bail on his buddies. Unsuccessfully, though. Someone managed to catch him with a well-timed shot to the head.

After that, though, the bandits seemed to take a dislike to her and started shooting up their own truck in an attempt to get rid of her. Of course, Dirk probably thought she was insane since she found the entire thing amusing, that amusement managing to get through their bond to him as she ducked down in the bed of the truck and tried to avoid getting shot.  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

thus always to tyrants

Unforgiving Prophet

4,600 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:06 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
DIRK LUTHER,
VAMPIRE HUNTER.
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

spaceDirk yelled out for a new magazine, catching one as it was tossed and quickly reloaded. Blade was too rash when playing cat, and now she was pinned down. He fired again, dropping a bandit that had managed to reach the truck and tried to jump in.

spaceNow that the machine gun was silenced, Dirk and the Holts advanced from the house, firing as they made their way to onto the lawn and into whatever cover they could find. Finally, the bandits broke, scattering into the darkness. Dirk dropped the rifle and ran to the truck, looking down into the bed.

space"Blade, are you all right?"

Red Gypsy
Meow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:30 pm
Blade looked at him when he asked how she was and nuzzled him in reassurance. She'd gotten hit in the backside with some buckshot, but it wasn't enough to hurt her too badly. Just enough to make sitting down uncomfortable until she could heal it up. She had a few spots where she'd lost a bit of fur and skin from close calls with other bullets, but was otherwise just fine.

In fact, she was actually purring. She'd enjoyed the fight despite the bullets flying around her. She did find it amusing that she'd wound up having to hide in the bandit's transportation during the last part of the fight instead of being able to help them get rid of the last of the idiots.

She got up and jumped out of the bed of the truck to pad her way to the porch where she simply waited for him and the others. Now that the chaos was over, children and women spilled out of the house to check for wounded, carrying bandages. They all froze at the sight of the huge leopard standing on the porch, her shoulder easily reaching Dirk's waist when he stood beside her.

She gave a soothing purr and nosed at one of the smaller children, making the boy giggle. That broke the tense moment and she got mobbed by the rest of the runts. She only hoped Dirk knew what to do with them since she had no idea and she wanted to get the buckshot out of her a**...

thus always to tyrants
Crazy Blade is Crazy

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

thus always to tyrants

Unforgiving Prophet

4,600 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:55 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
DIRK LUTHER,
VAMPIRE HUNTER.
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

spaceDirk was relieved that everything was fine. None of the Holts were injured, and the worst that had happened to Dirk was a few scrapes from flying debris as the machine gun peppered the house. The kids swarming around Blade worried him, as children often enjoyed pulling cat tails. Finally, Jon told them to go back inside. He carried a bolt action rifle in the crook of his elbow.

space"Alright, alright, get back to bed, we'll take care of this s**t in the morning. Jeremy, you and Dwight take the first watch. Dirk, take Blade and get her patched up, you two are going to be on third watch."

spaceDirk was surprised at the change in Jon's mood. It almost seemed like he wasn't upset about what Dirk had done. Nor did anyone seem bothered that Blade was a shifter. Really, everyone seemed like they were happy that Dirk and Blade were there. Jon turned to his family.

space"Well that was an ordeal. Get rest, and in the morning, we're going to start fixing the damage."

spaceEveryone save Jeremy and Dwight entered the house, and Dirk and Blade returned to the guest room, so that they could tend to her wounds...

Red Gypsy
Lol Crazy Blade

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:01 pm
The children protested loudly about leaving the 'pretty kitty' but did it anyway at the urgings of their mothers, leaving Blade to give a relieved sigh as she followed Dirk into the guest room. She jumped onto the bed and shifted so that she was laying on her belly.

"I never did know how to handle kids. That was Wind's area. If you can get the buckshot out, I can heal it. I wonder who the hell managed to get me in the a**, though..." she muttered softly about the line of shot along her hip that moved over her a**.

Whoever it was had gotten a lucky shot with it. It hurt like hell but she'd survive it. Not like it was silver, or anything like that. It was just annoying.

thus always to tyrants
Yeah, and a magnet for children everywhere...

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

thus always to tyrants

Unforgiving Prophet

4,600 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:20 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
DIRK LUTHER,
VAMPIRE HUNTER.
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

spaceDirk left for a moment, returning with tweezers, a lighter, and a bowl. He held the tweezers over the lighter's flame, disinfecting it. He let it cool for a moment before setting to work on the buckshot.

space"Well, you didn't maul any of them, so I'd say you're off to a good start. I wonder how long those bandits have been attacking them."

spaceFinally, he pulled out the last of buck shot and pat her back, letting her know he was done. He took the bowl, now filled with bloodied pellets, and set it on the dresser before sitting at the edge of the bed.

space"To bring that much firepower, they had to have been after something."

Red Gypsy
Lol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:48 pm
Blade healed herself after he finished getting the buckshot out and used a wet towel to wipe the blood off before sitting on the bed in front of him. Her a** would still be a little sore from the abuse, but she was basically healed.

"The women and children," she told him softly, knowing full well how valuable they would be even to a bunch of bandits. Children to train up to be bandits or sell to the slavers. The women for more children, basic rape, and to sell. She'd seen it too many times before not to recognize it.

"If we could convince them to move closer to the Sandman bases, they'd be safer. But if they could work out another deal with the Sandmen, they might be able to keep their lands and still stay safe. You'd be the better one to be able to talk to them about it. They trust you. At least offer them the two choices as advice and see what they have to say about it," she offered, knowing it was still up to him no matter what he said to them.

She leaned forward to give him a kiss on his cheek and a teasing wink, "I thought Jeremy's eyes were going to fall out of his head when I started to strip down. He didn't know whether to stare at me, shoot at the bandits, or fall on his face," she added, knowing that he needed to laugh about something. Especially since her clothes were still on the porch...

thus always to tyrants
More funny needed!

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

thus always to tyrants

Unforgiving Prophet

4,600 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:55 am
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
DIRK LUTHER,
VAMPIRE HUNTER.
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

spaceDirk nodded. He didn't want to leave without at least trying to convince the Holts there was a better solution than midnight gun battles. He chuckled at Blade's comment. It was easy to imagine that living out here, sexuality was very muted. His eyes moved up and down up her body. He glanced over to the clock on the wall. They had several hours before their shift. He left the room for a moment.

spaceHe returned, carrying her boots and clothes. He tossed the clothes into a chair, out of immediate reach and dropped the boots on the bed right in front of Blade.

space"You should probably put something on."

Red Gypsy
Pervert Dirk is a Pervert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:24 pm
Blade grinned as she looked at the boots, knowing exactly what he was wanting from her. She just hoped she could be quiet enough not to wake the whole house. She raised her eyes to his and kept them there as she slid the boots over her legs and laced them up.

After that, she slowly slid herself further onto the bed so she could lay on her back against the pillows. She was still a little worked up from the fight, fighting the adrenaline rush she always got in situations like earlier. She loved the heated way he looked at her, watched her. It made her feel very feminine, soft to his strong.

She gave a slow stretch on the bed, making sure to give him something nice to watch to tempt him then gave him a simple smile, "I guess I'm ready for bed, now," she said softly, her legs shifting a bit against each other as she turned on her side, either making room for him to join her on the bed or to tease him a bit more...

thus always to tyrants
Horny Blade is Horny

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

thus always to tyrants

Unforgiving Prophet

4,600 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:58 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
DIRK LUTHER,
VAMPIRE HUNTER.
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

spaceA few hours later, almost too soon, they were summoned for their turn at watch. The Holts were surprised at how the two now bore bruises and bite marks, but decided that asking would probably garner answers they didn't want. They sat on the porch with a thermos of coffee between them, and a rifle (which was far enough from Blade to keep her comfortable, but close enough Dirk would not exert himself to retrieve it). Now that the fracas of gunfire had ended, the night air was peaceful, the sounds of nocturnal birds and insects the only sound for miles. Dirk sipped the coffee, deep in thought.

space"Blade? When I called you my wife, was that the correct phrase?

Red Gypsy
Sorry I dropped off like that! I had a personal crisis flare up

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:24 am
thus always to tyrants
It's okay. I had to see about dinner and get to bed early anyway.

Blade smiled at him and sipped her coffee, "Yes, Dirk. It was correct. At least as far as most humans can understand it. Among the shifters and vampires, it's a bit more than simply being husband and wife. When we marked each other like we did, and formed the bond between us that now exists, In effect, we joined our souls together. It isn't something done lightly and I knew exactly what I was asking you when I asked for you to Mark me. Among the shifters, Mate is actually short for Soul Mate, because of the connection that's formed," she explained softly to him and took another sip from her cup.

She knew he could have simply accessed her memories for the explanation, but she liked that he'd asked her. She really didn't know how he felt about the connection between them. It had come in very handy during the fight, but she knew he valued his privacy, so she simply left her mind open to him without intruding on his.

"Most who Mark each other will also have a traditional wedding of some kind, mainly to let their families celebrate the union. Usually it's a kind of handfasting ceremony, older tradition and much less complicated kind of thing to plan. Most shifters don't find it necessary, though. I did hear a rumor back at the Kiba house that the leader of the Sandmen, Grann, and his granddaughter and heir, Alice, have Mated. Lady Alice is planning a wedding to publicly unite herself and her Mate together. There's alot of controversy about her Mating, though. The council feels that she should have waited for them to choose her another husband for political reasons but she's already done that once and even produced an heir before her husband was killed. Now, apparently, she marries for love. They don't like it, but they have to give in. Thankfully the shifters aren't as political as the vampires tend to be," she added, part of her wondering where he was going with his line of thought.

Admittedly, she could just 'look' but she wanted to wait, to let him think without intruding. She was thankful her mother'd had the chance to talk to her about Mating before she'd died as well as the usual 'talk' mothers tend to give their daughters. She knew full well that her mother'd had a similar talk with her brother but that it had been slightly different because of his partner preference. Should she explain the difference to Dirk? She wasn't sure if it would be too much information or not...  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

thus always to tyrants

Unforgiving Prophet

4,600 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:33 am
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
DIRK LUTHER,
VAMPIRE HUNTER.
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

spaceDirk grunted lightly and took another drink. He did not mind the connection the Mark gave them, but it felt strange to him to have such access to another's mind so he had, for the most part, resolved to limit its use to dire situations. Like a machine gun. He was silent for a while, taking sips during the silence.

space"Ceremonies make me uncomfortable," he said finally. Dirk was more at home in a grim vampire lair than at a wedding. Dirk took her hand in his and continued to stare out at the night sky.

space"Thank you, Blade."

Red Gypsy
It got pretty crazy yesterday

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:49 am
thus always to tyrants
What happened?

Blade gave his hand a squeeze and smiled at him, "You're welcome," she said simply then turned her eyes to the darkness around them. She had her cat close enough to the surface of her to be able to see through the darkness easier, though that part of her was simply resting for the most part.

He'd managed to wear her cat out during their 'rest', as well as the rest of her. But her cat was contentedly resting inside of her. For some reason, whenever they were intimate, she found herself merging with her cat's mind, losing herself in instinct under his dominance of her.

She hoped that someday he'd be a bit more comfortable with sharing their bond, but she knew it would take time. Until then, she was content simply to have her side of it open to him.

"What are you thanking me for, though?" she had to ask it, despite the old saying about curiosity and the cat...  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

thus always to tyrants

Unforgiving Prophet

4,600 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:21 am
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
DIRK LUTHER,
VAMPIRE HUNTER.
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

space"Everything, I suppose."

spaceBlade had very much saved him, doing more for him than he could have ever asked. He was terrible at expressing this, however. He wanted her to know how thankful he was for her, so despite his unease he let the emotions cross their bond. He was quick to retreat, however, but as brief as their moment was, it was a good first step.

Red Gypsy
Some jackass rear ended my boyfriends truck. He's fine and the truck is okay, but it was still pretty frazzling when he called me

Surface

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff