Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Nations ( Naruto Rp Guild )

Back to Guilds

Gaia's most ambitious guild. Now updating! 

Tags: Naruto, Boruto, Villages, Ninja, Shinobi 

Reply 古[} Recycle Bin
[≈] The Underground [ Catacombs of Kirigakure ] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AandOE

Captain

Star-Crossed Astronomer

17,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:06 pm
For those in the tunnel portions:

User ImageUser Image
╔════════════════════════════════════════════╗
The footsteps passed Lady Magma on the ceiling, her attention not bothering to divert from her path to those
passing above her. "Away with thee," the voice emanated, sounding like the combination between three separate
people: Ayon Uchiha, Reiki Hyouton, and Eirlys Shinsetsu. S/he knew that there were people underground, here,
even if they could not readily sense them in any regards, normally. Two mismatched clouds hovered behind
them as s/he pulled back both arms once as they breathed in, and then out to release a combination of a
deadly blizzard and ice that immediately piled up on the once hot walls. Cracking wide up the sides along this
particular path, from the heat stress, the cavern walls behind Lady Magma were now only held up by slippery ice,
all the way to the cross shaped intersection. The blizzard would continue down the tunnel in its enhanced state,
threatening to shove folks down into either the water logged staircase leading to a lower level, or out to the
cathedral's front 'lawn'. Meanwhile, the tall, skeletal-ish Lady Magma continued on her journey, unabated.
More footsteps could be heard coming from her direction.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════╝
User Image

TECHNIQUES
Sustained
Sharingan - Active
Hatsuyuki - 2
Used
Hyouton: Rank B: Large amounts of water to ice. ( Ponds, etc. ) [Korabo'd with the below technique]
Shinsetsu: Boufuusetsu no Unari [ Blizzard's Bellow ]
Description: The Shinsetsu holds both of their arms straightforward, pulls them in once as they breathe, and then motions them outward as they release a burst of white wind from their mouth. This technique is not meant to deal much damage, but it packs a tremendous amount of cold and exerting force; allowing one to disrupt, dislodge, and throw targets. The wave stretches about fifteen (15) feet wide, and extends roughly fifteen (15) feet before diminishing.

Anonymous_Alcoholic

Yo-ko

BlackFruity

Lanfaer

Tao-Benshin

User Image

With the doors so full of holes, they creaked open slowly and loudly. Gripping the doors also seemed to make Kaileer feel weak (~-10%, i.e. 50 chakra and 50 stamina depletion), and his chakra visibly sapped into the doors, causing the blue glowing cracks within them to brighten considerably. Within, though, the interior showed its spacious hall, complete with the fading light of day. Skeletons sat laying on chairs all around, with something akin to a makeshift café having been built recently, but before the flood. Fungi still grew here, but it was splotchy, with more of the underlying shell showing. As Kaileer entered, there was a definite chill that ran up behind him as a few snow flakes blew past to settle on the surrounding area. On the ground and walls, the same blue cracks that were on the doors were scattered out on everything definitely old. They ran along stone, wood, and fungi alike, with some converging at the far end of the hall.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:47 am
User Image
┎┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄
к α ι ℓ є є rc є ι η ' ℓ у s
α ɢ є :: 1 2ɢ є η ∂ є r :: ♂נ σ υ η ι ηк υ м σ ɢ α к υ r є
вυкιנυтsυвℓσσ∂ℓιηєнαкємσтσ cℓαη
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┚

-----тhe doors opened slowly, hesitant with time, but what happened was unexpected and alarming. No images appeared, as far as I could tell, but visible energy was pulled from me into the door, making me feel weak suddenly. The light on the doors glowed brighter from my lost strength. I staggered inside the moment the hole was big enough, placing my hands on my knees as I tried to recover my bearings. A cold gust of wind buffeted past me, and with it small flakes of white. Snow? How was that possible?
-----The fading light of day made seeing difficult. Another day was coming to an end. But the strange glowing cracks along the walls provided enough light to see, if not clearly, a fairly good distance once my eyes adjusted to the darkness. It would have to do because I didn't have a light. Two things caught my attention right away, aside from the glowing streaks. The first was the small café, or something that looked like it had been a café at some point. The second, and the more startling, was the skeletons. They sat in chairs beside tables, for the most part, as though they had been there to dine. What disturbed me most was the fact that the small street café looked newer than made sense for the skeletons... unless the bodies were recent and had been picked clean by... something. That something would have had to stage them in chairs then, which implied sentience. Then there was the fact that the place had been flooded until only moments...days...whatever ago. If there was something of sentience, it had done this after the waters drained. Uncertain, I drew one of my short swords and moved forward.
-----Mushrooms still grew here, and the shell that I'd found in the cavern covered the ground where the mushrooms grew. They didn't grow everywhere, however, like they had in the streets, which was also strange. I kept to these bare patches as much as possible as I headed further inside, following the blue streaks. They came to a point at the far end of the building, and it was this I approached, watching around me warily.

((Anything else worth noting about the building? Besides that, just following the lights.))

« ωιтнσυт ғ є α r тнєrє ιs ησt c σ υ r α ɢ є »
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄
r y σ :: 両 1 0 0
α c :: 1 0 0 5 0

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄
c н α к r αρ σ σ ℓ :: 4 5 5 / 5 0 5 (-50)
ѕ т α м ι η αρ σ σ ℓ :: 4 3 5 / 4 8 5 (-50)
т r α η c єρ σ ι η т s :: 1 7 / 2 0 (+1)
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

кυηαι :: 15 (normal), 5 (heavy)
sнυrιкєη :: 10
sєηвση :: 05

• 30' wire
• Small hammer
• Breathing mask
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

тєcнηιqυєѕ υsє∂

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

αcтιvє αвιℓιтιєs

pαssιvє αвιℓιтιєs
• Improved reflexes [Stage Five; Kiss of Flesh and Steel Mastery]
• Improved reflexes [Stage Three; Tame Za Kyokudo Mastery]
• Improved agility [Stage Five; Basai Bagua Mastery]
• Improved mobility [Basai Bagua: Move as Water - A Rank]
• Improved strength [Stage Two; Tame Za Kyokudo Mastery]
• Improved perception [Shunkan no Hagane: Sensory Information - B Rank]

• +140 Chakra/ +140 Stamina [Training]
• 5 chakra or stamina refunded from bloodline techniques, +20 Chakra/ +20 Stamina [Thoroughbred Discipline]
• B-rank Ninjutsu require no hand seals [Mystic Hero Discipline]

• 2 post reduction to Bukijutsu [Personal Attribute]
• 3 post reduction to Bukijutsu [Class Reduction]
• 2 post reduction to Bloodline [Class Reduction]
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

AandOE

Artwork and character © Tao-Benshin

Royal Taorito

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Yo-ko

Hallowed Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:35 pm
blackfruity

AandOE

xxD Rxx N I G H T M A R E
XX Sebastianxx CraneXX
XXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXYour Symptom's are Mild... Let Me Change That...
XXXXXXXXX▶ ██ █ WHY MUST WE FIGHT? WHEN YOU CAN DIE.

↙↙ IxxW I L Lxx⇪↷xxF E A R N O G O O D
User Image

X Kirigakure XXX Jiongu XXX Jounin XX Bukijutsu XXX Medical XX

█████████████████ ████████████ █████████████████

Ah, so this is how it was going to be played. Using his excessive stealth, the ninja would bounce quitely back the the church with his group, not even going to handle the foursome down the hall. He may have been able to get a sneak attack on them, but that one person had Uchiha DNA...and that meant he had been sighted. it seemed he would have to get a better sneak on the man....and take his eyes for prizes....

"Four of them down there, whatever we are here to find, lets find it quickly."

█████████████████ ████████████ █████████████████

Layout Ⓒ Logi~

Music :: Battle
Chakra Lvl :: 1015
Stamina Lvl :: 675
Jutsu's ::
Hearts in possession:: water, wind, fire, Earth
Other organs: Unknown
Durations ::
Attire :: Normal attire

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:50 pm
Tao-Benshin

Kaileer moved closer to the door at the far end of the hall, which currently sat ajar, its hinges broken from old age. He had also missed the café's sign, which held a certain foreboding message. Walking forwards, he'd see a bright blue glow coming from the other side, which illuminated the outside steps well. A small enclave sat there in the moonlight, with a dark green, moss covered path extending away before turning left into another cavern tunnel.

User Image

The door, covered in the same blue cracks as the one before it, was held open a bit wider this time. A step or two from the door and a certain creaking sound jangled the otherwise unremarkable hall's emptiness. If one had to describe it, the sounds were a bit like 'kek kek kek' played at almost random. Turning about would reveal a new skeleton laid out only a few paces from Kaileer, with the rest of them not in their seats, or even visible, as if they had just vanished. The eves, windows, and other short, darkened recesses all continued to reverberate the 'kek' sounds, and were getting closer by the second. If he dared to look to either side of him, the closest recesses each held a pair of eyes, illuminated only by the meager blue glow.

AandOE

Captain

Star-Crossed Astronomer

17,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Full closet 200

Royal Taorito

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:37 am
User Image

-----тhere was a door at the end of the hall, where the glowing lines met. I was cautious to touch this one in case it drained my strength again. I approached it nonetheless, finding nothing of particular interest aside from my original findings. That was when I heard a strange sound in the silence. It wasn't coming from me--that would have been possible with how much steel I was carrying; I froze the instant I heard it. It sounded almost like... plastic or metal. No, it was too light to be metal. I whirled, facing the way I'd come, trying to pinpoint where the sound was coming from.
-----One of the techniques I'd learned through Shunkan no Hagane would let me know if something was coming my direction, and it worked wonders. Looking to the side, a skeleton now lay only a few feet away. I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. I turned my gaze back to the other end of the hall. The skeletons that had sat in the chairs were gone. s**t... I'd thought skeletons only came to life in stories, but it seemed that wasn't the case... if I was right about where they'd gone. I drew the raiton-infused blade, holding it out in front of me in case of attack, the short blade reverse grip in my right hand. It was about the only defense I had against something skeletal; I couldn't imagine swords working well by themselves. Backing toward the door, I scanned the full view in front of me, waiting for something to move.
-----That was when I spotted glowing orbs in the darkness on either side of me. Eyes? I wasn't willing to find out. That was just what I needed. Call me a coward, but with nothing to really defend myself with--I regretted focusing all of my attention on bukijutsu--and afraid of the dark as it was, I turned tail and ran through the open door, doing my best not to touch it on the way out. Hopefully my small frame would allow that.

((If I'm right, I saw this coming. xD))

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄
c н α к r αρ σ σ ℓ :: 4 7 0 / 5 0 5 (+15)
ѕ т α м ι η αρ σ σ ℓ :: 4 5 0 / 4 8 5 (+15)
т r α η c єρ σ ι η т s :: 1 8 / 2 0 (+1)
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

• 30' wire
• Small hammer
• Breathing mask
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

тєcнηιqυєѕ υsє∂

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

αcтιvє αвιℓιтιєs

pαssιvє αвιℓιтιєs

• 5 chakra or stamina refunded from bloodline techniques, +20 Chakra/ +20 Stamina [Thoroughbred Discipline]

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

AandOE

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:10 pm
I assumed that Shou and Inka were close together, and from Yoko's last post I believed he was close to you two as well. Uncertain, really, how the awesome waves of ice and wind from Mam effected you, so assume that wherever Inka and Sebastian landed is where the balls will explode.

Also, I assumed that the Sharingan would allow me to see you, Yoko, because you said the Sharingan could in your last post, or at least hinted at it. If I'm wrong, let me know.

User Image

Well, now, wasn't this a surprise? Called out so early, in fact! Such hideousness was so obvious from here, such disgusting creatures they were, that s/he couldn't help but join in when his/her brother decided to act! The walls froze solid down the entire tunnel, and wind howled from one end down the other, hopefully taking with it all the dear, hideous creatures with it. Yet, could s/he be okay with just that? Of course not! So, taking a sip from his/her pipe, inhaling the sweet smoke within, s/he exhaled softly and formed one single handsign while holding the pipe, and with the other hand s/he threw the item s/he was holding, a pair of little white spheres, towards where the others had been. Sharingan active, s/he already knew that one subject, or target, was invisible, and that would certainly not do! And so as s/he threw the spheres, throwing them so as to aim for the faces of the one known as Inka and the other known as Sebastian. With a thought, s/he ignited the paper bombs within the white spheres, forcing them to erupt outwards at just about eye level to send out two massive bursts of ice shrapnel and destruction.

Oddly enough, however, the blast from the one that struck at Sebastian was weaker than the one thrown at Inka, almost reduced in half in strength! And odd again, as the balls burst, a thick grey mist spread out from those balls, filling the area with thick grey mist that spread outwards to envelop the entire tunnel the five of them were in. As for the last, Shou, well, if he were close enough to Inka he, too, would have both the power of the paper bombs, the snow bombs, and of course the mist to deal with.

And funnily enough, this was done from the relative confines of a tiny crack in the wall, where the figure was hiding. Would they see it? Would they find this attacker, perhaps by the powerful scent of the marijuana leaf burning within the pipe, despite it's aura of scent spreading faster than a fart on a crowded school bus? Only time would tell!

User Image

STATISTICS
CHAKRA:: 600//600
STAMINA:: 600//600

TECHNIQUES

►► Kurabou'd with Ice Bombs Below◄◄
Haiiro no Kiri [ Gray Fog ]
Description: A technique typically used in conjunction with Genjutsu or area-of-effect-type Ninjutsu, this technique allows the user to imbue a launched technique with a thin gray fog. The fog is mostly unnoticeable and cannot be detected as being the product of a technique by anyone but other Sensor Class Shinobi. It conveys to the user information on the physical fitness and the sensitivity of the senses of anyone it touches. Can discern Shinobi who have suppressed Chakra from normal civilians based on the above-mentioned factors. Lasts as long as any techniques it is used alongside and is confined to the same area. If used alone, covers an area up to 10 meters across in a cloud of whatever fine particulate the user wants (barring poisons and other potentially lethal substances) and lasts for four posts.

• Defensive Tolerance → All damage done, while normal, creates twice the amount of pain, though at the same time all pain to him will be felt as a mere tingling.
• Is able to link to one [1] more person than normal, and can do so against the will of the target through their clothes.
• Sharingan → Active
• Attachments Formed :: [0/2]
• Fubuki's Ice Bombs :: [4/6]
These bombs are blue crystal-orbs which, when detonated, will release a torrent of ice spikes. The ice rises with enough force to lift a large amount of earth off the ground. Fubuki attaches these bombs onto kunai, and throws them at her opponents from above when flying with the wings on her Chakra Armour. For the purposes of the guild, 1 of these may be created per 3 posts of crafting. They act as an A-rank technique, but do not follow the user's will during detonation, which can lead to self-impalement if used improperly.

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
AandOE

BlackFruity

Yo-ko

Anonymous_Alcoholic

Lanfaer

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

AandOE

Captain

Star-Crossed Astronomer

17,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:32 pm
Tao-Benshin

Kaileer's slim body was just enough to pass through the door without touching it, as the skeletons around him descended upon his very spot. A single boney person was able to pass through the door's opening before the rest became jumbled in each other's movements. A case of too many people, too little space, and Kaileer's actions had saved him quite a lot of trouble for the time being. Now that he was out from the hall, he could glance over through the curve in the tunnel to see a small set of stones standing erect at the end of the path. A heavily barred gate sat behind the shrine, and a small plaque sat at the base of the front of the shrine, visible briefly from his viewpoint. I say briefly, as the lone skeleton leapt for the shinobi, his bones' movements producing the 'kek' sound as they tried to stay together.

User Image

The skeleton extended a leg while in the air, and let loose a jump kick of virtue! If the leg was blocked, the skeleton would extend forth his other leg to use the built momentum in a lovely bone crushing double kick. If the undead missed for any reason, the skeleton would plop on to the ground on its side, his bones jumbling into a pile. Bare bone skeletons aren't very sturdy, ya know?

Honor Raising
Simple :: Rank C
With a bit of momentum, the user will leap up, extend a leg, and let loose a jump kick of virtue!

Couple's Debut
Simple :: Rank C
With a bit of momentum, the user will leap up, limbs tucked, and when the moment seems right- extend both legs in a lovely bone crushing double kick!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:06 pm
User Image

-----мy guess had been right. I managed to squeeze through the door without touching it and not a moment later, several somethings crashed into it. I turned in time to see the jumbled pile of bones that hadn't made it through the opening, but one of them had. It wasted no time in attacking. Leaping at me, it kicked out toward me rather heroically, but to no avail because I was faster. Falling backward and under the kick, I brought my raiton blade up and over to strike the skeleton on its way to the ground and caught myself with my right hand. Pushing myself upright once more, I hurried on down the tunnel, not willing to wait and see if the things came back to life.
-----I had seen what lay beyond the bend of the cavern during my flight, and it was this I approached now. The walls around were covered in moss, which suggested both moisture--but not necessarily flooding--and some sort of sunlight. Though at this point anything was possible. A strange stone structure stood at the center of a dais. A barred gate stood (closed?) behind the stone monoliths. Before them rested a plaque. I glanced up in search of a hole to allow sunlight through before pausing in front of the plaque to read it.

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄
c н α к r αρ σ σ ℓ :: 4 7 0 / 5 0 5
ѕ т α м ι η αρ σ σ ℓ :: 4 3 0 / 4 8 5 (-20)
т r α η c єρ σ ι η т s :: 1 9 / 2 0 (+1)
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

• 30' wire
• Small hammer
• Breathing mask
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

тєcнηιqυєѕ υsє∂
Kisumaku [ Hickey ] - C :: Simple
The practitioner makes an exaggerated dodge, typically falling to their back, only to catch themselves as to perform a fluid full circle sweep kick or slash.

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

αcтιvє αвιℓιтιєs

pαssιvє αвιℓιтιєs

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

AandOE

Royal Taorito

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

AandOE

Captain

Star-Crossed Astronomer

17,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:45 am
Tao-Benshin

The blade separated whatever was holding the skeleton together, and along with plopping on to the ground, it 'kek'd' its last 'kek'. Heaped there in a pile, its empty eye sockets stared on towards Kaileer as he approached the dais with its closed gate beyond it. The smell of salts and water would be strong here, as just beyond the gate lay an underground lake, with no visible exit. Overhead, a mixture of blue and yellow rays of light shone down into the area. The blue was being emitted by a Kaileer-sized spinning stone directly over the hole, not any more than a foot above the opening. It was covered in more of the same blue cracks as the rest of the local area, but seemed to have a much higher concentration. Above it, the light of day was starting to dawn once more, which provided the yellow portion.
User Image
((Ooc: The plaque's quote comes from John Greenleaf Whittier))

Looking down, Kaileer would see that the plaque was nearly ancient, its well worn edges accepting the surrounding moss while the inner parts were crusting over in salt. If he brushed off the crusty salt, it would fall to the ground, revealing:

Quote:
"When faith is lost, when honor dies, the man is dead."

In much newer handwriting below the quote, someone had etched in, 'Save the people, save the world.' What did this mean, exactly, and by whom was it written? Did it mean to restore faith and honor, simply to save those in distress, or was there more? These were things to at least ponder on about, as the sounds and reverberations of explosions back from the other side of the great hall dislodged a lot of dust from the walls. Overhead, the airborne, spinning stone continued unabated.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:43 pm
User Image
S E V E N T E E N R E D - E Y E S R U N A W A Y

Inka Hizara
I've only ever been at peace with myself through three ways;
in death, in climax, and in witnessing my own destruction.

C H U U N I N B L A D E D - P E R F O R M E R D E M O L I T I O N

I must continue to live. I promised.

[x] Inka was already on his way out of the tunnel with Shou when he heard Lady Magma speak. Her voice made him turn red eyes towards her, widening as the walls were suddenly being covered in ice, and a blizzard pulsated towards them, pushing itself down the enclosed space. Knowing the boots he wore would make him fumble, Inka immediately summoned chakra into his hand as he pulled out a small folded square piece of paper. The aprchment unfolded and tucked itself into a sail attatched to his hands and feet, allowing him to escape the push of the blizzard into the dark waters, and escaping the tunnel completely, thus missing the small white balls thrown entirely. Landing with a wet squelch, he shouted to Sebastion. "You still got this by yourself?" Inka called through the mask. Eyes and mouth protected by rubber and plastic.

AandOE

Yo-ko

Anonymous_Alcoholic

Lanfaer

Mission Objectives:
X Collect Antidote
- Reproduce Antidote
X Investigate Shinobi
X(?) Locate Minowa (defeat Anbu) - Report to Syy
X Defeat his siblings (?)
X Find means of lowering flooding in the streets
- Investigate Storm drains - Lady Magma Church building

Item Owned:
- x1 Mushroom Antidote - 1 adult doses
- Respirator
- Leather work gloves
- Water-proof boots

It would be so easy to give in to the old ways, into my own misery, and delve once more into the silent depths. But I can't. I can't leave them.

⊗ CHAKRA 435/550
⊗ STAMINA 220/250
⊗ TRAITS : ---
⊗ STIFF LEFT SHOULDER

BlackFruity

Crew

Lucky Loiterer

Royal Taorito

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:42 am
User Image

-----αbove me, a strange stone spun, suspended by seemingly nothing. It was about as long as I was tall and covered in the same cracks as the rest of the cavern. Too high above me to do anything with. Beyond it, daylight was beginning to filter in through a hole in the roof of the cave, throwing both blue and yellow light around the room in a rather mystifying way. I was half tempted to try to reach the hole and see where it would lead, but I wasn't sure it was worth it. This was more or less a dead end as far as I could tell. The gate beyond the monoliths was closed, and a lake lay on the other side, but unless there was a way through underwater, there was no other way out. I could swim, but not really all that well, and had no way of knowing how deep the pool was. Living in mountains where caves were countless, I knew never to trust water; it was easy to fall into a twenty foot pit and get dragged underwater by the current of an underground river. Strange that the water here smelled of salt, though. But that may have just been from the place flooding.
-----Turning my gaze back to the plaque, I knelt down before it and brushed off the crusted salt. The words underneath shocked me. Memorizing better by sound than sight, I repeated the words aloud under my breath. "When faith is lost, when honor dies, the man is dead." Below it, someone had etched something else. It looked fairly recent compared to the other faded words, but I had no way of knowing how old it was. The cafe in the building had been new as well. Save the people, save the world. I could understand that part of it. When we saved the villagers in the streets, the water levels had gone down. Maybe that really was the key to all of this. But what about the other quote?
-----An explosion from elsewhere in the caverns reverberated past me, echoing in the lake chamber ahead. I stood immediately, blades ready again. Inka was supposedly down here somewhere still. I'd been too caught up in my discovery to remember. I hurried back the way I'd come, looking for the skeletons as I went. If they were like the rest of the village, they might have reset at dawn. But possibly not if there was no sunlight down here. Slipping sideways through the doors I headed back out of the building in search of the source of the explosions.

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄
c н α к r αρ σ σ ℓ :: 4 8 5 / 5 0 5 (+15)
ѕ т α м ι η αρ σ σ ℓ :: 4 4 5 / 4 8 5 (+15)
т r α η c єρ σ ι η т s :: 2 0 / 2 0 (+1)
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

• 30' wire
• Small hammer
• Breathing mask (wearing)
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

тєcнηιqυєѕ υsє∂

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

αcтιvє αвιℓιтιєs

pαssιvє αвιℓιтιєs

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

AandOE

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:54 pm
Tao-Benshin

Indeed, the undying were still fully awake, chattering away in their 'kek's. Stalking around the open parts of the wide hall, they swung their arms back and forth, with a few fully armed. It was two of those such once-men who still held those same glowing eyes that had caught Kaileer off guard once. Now, they pointed a dreadful finger each towards the shinobi, a bone chilling scream emanating from who knows where. All heads swiveled, not bound by ligaments or muscles, trained to spot their prey. Another 'kek' also sounded from Kaileer's rear, the previously heroic skeleton now finally up again, trying to cut off the retreat option. Other than those defined three, the two with the eyes and the heroic one, the remaining visible total came to six. Two by the other, far door, two on either side of the eyed leaders, and two closer to Kaileer. More 'kek's could be heard coming from behind the windows and doors, but their movements out to the open would be more restrained due to the physical impediments.  

AandOE

Captain

Star-Crossed Astronomer

17,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Full closet 200

Royal Taorito

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:53 pm
User Image

-----right, I should have known. Skidding to a halt, I held my blades ready, standing sideways to the greater number of skeletons, weight on the balls of my feet, with the longer blade in my left hand held in front of me and the shorter in my right hand behind. It wasn't quite the Weak Position Stance, but my own variation in a way. I'd gotten myself into an interesting situation, but if they fell apart as easily as the one had before, then it, theoretically, shouldn't be to much for me to handle on my own. The main worry was the two apparent leaders who had pointed my presence out to the rest of them. Eight in front of me and one behind. Defending myself if all of them attacked at once would be tricky, but if I was lucky they would get tangled with each other again. I was only happy they hadn't attacked yet.
-----First thing first, I had to rid myself of the danger from behind so that I could use the doorway to my advantage again. Turning suddenly, using my stance to my advantage, I struck at the skeleton behind me with as much speed as I could muster, cutting through the air fast enough that my blade was extended almost a foot in length and width. The extended blade wasn't even visible to me, so I felt that the stack of bones wouldn't fair so well against it. Pivoting, I kept the momentum going and swung the raiton-infused blade in a wide circle around me to ward off any other potential attackers.

((Blade normally has a 3ft reach, so Shearing would make it 4ft.))

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄
c н α к r αρ σ σ ℓ :: 4 8 5 / 5 0 5
ѕ т α м ι η αρ σ σ ℓ :: 3 4 5 / 4 8 5 (-100)
т r α η c єρ σ ι η т s :: 2 0 / 2 0
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

• 30' wire
• Small hammer
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

тєcнηιqυєѕ υsє∂
Shearing - A::Simple (1/10)
The user, because of the large amount of training he or she has now completed, can now operate blades with such speed and ease that the air begins to shear along the edges of the weapons when they are used, extending their range by almost a foot on all bladed sides. This effect lasts for ten posts.

Flowing Circle - C::Simple
The user, usually when surrounded by multiple opponents, will extend their weapon as far as then can then rotate their torso, even arching and extending behind them, utilizing their whole body to generate force while making a full 360 degrees of coverage. This is used to not only attack and defend against a group of attackers, but is also used to survey how many and from what direction the other enemies are coming from.

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

αcтιvє αвιℓιтιєs
Weak Position Stance
The user stands in a front stance, their weapon in one hand by their hip, tip pointing at the center of the enemies chest. The users knees are slightly bent while they stay light on their toes, making movement faster and dodging easier making fighting multiple opponents not as difficult. However their ability to block or deflect “strong” and brute force techniques in this stance is severely diminished. Techniques in this stance are traditionally done with only hand, leaving the other hand free to engage others, or even use it as a distraction.

pαssιvє αвιℓιтιєs

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

AandOE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:18 pm
Tao-Benshin

That poor heroic skeleton, the once-user of a great Justice taijutsu style, was struck down as it hopped through the doorway. No ability to duck was given as it had just landed when the invisible blade cut the ties holding it together. Tumbling to the floor, the bones spread out from a pile as they slid into a dark corner. The first no-name skeleton inside the hall snapped a rib off from itself and readied a stance as Kaileer was busy. Staring on at the shinobi, the skeleton began mimicking his very movements. The second no-name skeleton accidently got caught up in the first's Shearing and Flowing Circle, a look of disgust crossing its skull as its rending blew away to a side wall. (2/9 incapacitated) The middle bunch of four knew better than to run blindly all at once, from their mistake at the door only a few minutes ago. Instead, all four started handseals, which was taking extra time due to having no ligaments and muscles to control their fine motor skills. The last two at the far end also started handseals, but then began to draw on the ground using their bone's calcium as a medium.

Mimicking Skeleton:

тєcнηιqυєѕ υsє∂
• Shearing - A::Simple (1/10)
The user, because of the large amount of training he or she has now completed, can now operate blades with such speed and ease that the air begins to shear along the edges of the weapons when they are used, extending their range by almost a foot on all bladed sides. This effect lasts for ten posts.

• Flowing Circle - C::Simple
The user, usually when surrounded by multiple opponents, will extend their weapon as far as then can then rotate their torso, even arching and extending behind them, utilizing their whole body to generate force while making a full 360 degrees of coverage. This is used to not only attack and defend against a group of attackers, but is also used to survey how many and from what direction the other enemies are coming from.

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄
αcтιvє αвιℓιтιєs
• Weak Position Stance
The user stands in a front stance, their weapon in one hand by their hip, tip pointing at the center of the enemies chest. The users knees are slightly bent while they stay light on their toes, making movement faster and dodging easier making fighting multiple opponents not as difficult. However their ability to block or deflect “strong” and brute force techniques in this stance is severely diminished. Techniques in this stance are traditionally done with only hand, leaving the other hand free to engage others, or even use it as a distraction.

pαssιvє αвιℓιтιєs

AandOE

Captain

Star-Crossed Astronomer

17,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Full closet 200

Royal Taorito

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:45 am
User Image

-----тhe heroic skeleton fell to pieces as it was struck by the invisible portion of my blade. Had it been a different situation, I might have felt sorry for it in its feeble attempts to be noticed, but it was a skeleton and I didn't care enough. I cared about saving my own hide right now.
-----One of the other skeletons nearby to me was mimicking my movements, but in doing so wiped out the one standing beside it, leaving seven for me to face. Unfortunately, the piles of bones had learned from their last attempt to attack me all at once--how, I wasn't sure, because, well, they were skeletons. The four past the one wielding a rib now enhanced with Shearing as a sword started shaping hand seals, and the two beyond them began drawing something on the ground. Fuuin? I didn't know much about that realm of jutsu, so it was impossible to tell what they were doing.
-----Aside from trying to decipher what kind of techniques the hand seal row was using, I could only hope they weren't going to throw something massive my way, in which case, I had a defense. Resetting my stance, I took a deep breath to center my chakra and entered the Zama no Benso, the state of defense. A thin aura of green chakra surrounded me, ready to defend me against whatever the middle row was trying to do. For now, my focus was the swordsman in front of me, and the two drawing in the back row. For now, I returned the shorter blade to its scabbard at my left hip.
-----I stood at an advantage next to the skeletons in that I had learned to use low ranked techniques without hand seals, making moves unpredictable to enemies with a brain. These didn't, as far as I could tell. With lightning transformation, if I just used a short burst, I could probably keep myself from getting disoriented. Shifting my weight forward, I pushed chakra into my legs and dashed, becoming physical lightning as far as the skeletons were concerned. Aiming for a wall to the side, I pushed off of it, aiming to strike both of the drawing skeletons at once before stopping the flow of chakra and sliding to a halt. I quickly turned back to face the remaining skeletons ready to block a possible incoming attack.

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄
c н α к r αρ σ σ ℓ :: 4 7 5 / 5 0 5 (-10)
ѕ т α м ι η αρ σ σ ℓ :: 3 4 5 / 4 8 5
т r α η c єρ σ ι η т s :: 1 9 / 2 0 (-1)
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

• 30' wire
• Small hammer
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

тєcнηιqυєѕ υsє∂
Raikou Henge no Jutsu [ Lightning Transformation Technique ] - D
When performing this skill, the user transforms into an extremely quick 'strand' of lightning. In this quick state, nothing is done slowly - everything is in a rush for the user. However, this strand of lightning is incapable of changing directions on its own. It can only change directions by bouncing off another object, such as a tree or a boulder, but the user is capable of bouncing off in any angle they wish to. The transformation automatically dissipates when the user makes contact with a living target: being in a state similar to lightning, the user plunges completely into their target, and ends up in their physical state on the other side of their opponent. In addition to giving the target a painful electrical shock, this skill may cause temporary paralysis. Because of the fast speeds associated with this skill, the user will feel dizzy, confused, and often nauseous for some time afterward. This technique can be used in conjunction with other Jutsu, such as the Call of Lightning Technique, or the Lightning Clone Technique, to confuse the opponent. However, no skills can be used in this state.

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

αcтιvє αвιℓιтιєs
Shearing - A::Simple (2/10)

Zama no Benso [ State of Defense ]
While in this state, the Hakemoto gives off a thin aura of their corresponding chakra color. This aura is constantly flowing from their body, so long as they are conscious and aware of their surroundings. Although the user is unable to perform techniques above Rank B, any Ninjutsu under Rank B that makes contact with the aura is dispersed. Additionally, any Genjutsu under Rank B is easily seen through, though not broken, so long as the aura is active.

pαssιvє αвιℓιтιєs

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

AandOE

古[} Recycle Bin

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash