Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[PRP] MAWAGE (Lan and Meng) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:22 am
Unruffled by her anger, Mengyao circled the table and sat down again, reaching for his teacup. "I'm sure you'll do all sorts of horrific things to me, my dear," he said calmly, taking a sip of tea. He lowered the cup and smiled at her over the rim of it. "Rest assured, I have the utmost respect for Invictus and his...well, whatever it is that he does."

This was only half true, but he thought it best not to actually say it out loud. Mengyao smiled at Lan.

"I suppose I was having my bit of revenge for you marrying the woman I am to marry. Ahhhh," he added, with a look upwards, sighing. "I confess, I did not quite expect it to go as well as this, it seems I have been fortunate this tea time."

istoleyurvamps

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:09 am
She hated him. He was the clear winner of this particular lunch- Lan's ammo was gone, and now he'd get to be the smug one.

"In time." She smoothed out her robes, looking to the side to glare away any staff who might have been witnessing the spectacle- because such lunches were often, their little spats. Pouring herself a new cup of tea, Lan's grip was much better on her teacup now.

"He protects. As for now, that is his role, though in time it will change. He.. doesn't seem content to follow Death or Medea much."

She sipped her tea, letting out a small sigh.

THEN it hit her.
"Pardon." She gave Mengyao a skeptical look.
"You finally proposed?"

Kuroopu

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:08 pm
He waited for her to catch what he'd said, and when she finally did, it was with a healthy amount of dubiousness and suspicion, which was typically Lan. Mengyao became quite occupied in his tea for a moment, adding sugar to his cup.

"Yes I have," he said, once he was satisfied with the level of sweetness. "And I have decided that, once the ceremony actually occurs, that I shall forgive your rudeness in marrying my fiancee before I had the chance to propose and ask you to attend."

istoleyurvamps

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:35 pm
Finally. FINALLY. A bit slower than she thought he really ought to have taken but better late than never.

"Well, I will consider my marriage to her dissolved... provided that I will be getting that invite. I mean, I can't some stallion marrying my lovely wife now can I? People will think we're starting some sort of bride sharing if not." A mild jest.

Mild.

"But, tell me, are you ready to bind yourself to her like that Mengyao? I know you both care deeply but-" A very very small notion to the hints of grey on his skin.

"Such things will not cause rifts as they have in the past?"

kuroopu

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:10 pm
Mengyao smiled in a very self-satisfied sort of way.

"I have indeed extended the invitation to you to attend the ceremony," he said. "Whenever that shall take place, I have yet to discuss it with Lifen, but when we come to an agreement as to the time and venue, we shall let those whom we care to attend know."

His expression slipped slightly, less a casual mask of calmness, more one of frustration mingled with resignment.

"I am perfectly willing to take that step and bond myself with her," Mengyao said stiffly, setting down his teacup. "I have long been working to control the sickness, and though it has its moments, I believe I have overcome the better part of it."

He hoped he had, rather. His shoulders lost a small bit of their tenseness.

"Lifen is my heartmate," Mengyao said quietly. "I would not do this if I did not truly love her as much as I do. There is nothing else in this world - no one else in this world that is more precious to me than Lifen. I do not do this lightly."

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:51 am
She looked at him, slightly mollified at the fact she'd be invited. Then in the same expression, softened her posture, "If you wish only kin then please, do not feel I must be invited for guilt or such- I know you both." Lan claimed as she had in the past.

"But... I always worry. I ask only what I do because I worry for you both." She looked again to his hands. To his face.

"You have both.. a hard road in your futures. To travel it together is a blessing. A blessing I see that shines when you are with her." Lan motioned for the small lunch to be brought out. The tea was nearly finished.

"I try to aid but I know there is little I can do. There is still so much we do not know of Insanity, yet you both have a bravery and a love I can only see others coming to envy in the bond you share."

Still, what of the future, what of the next generation-
"But it does bring a question Mengyao, a question I must ask, not just because I am your friend but as a noble- If either of you should fall and be lost to us, lost with no hope of a return- are you ready if such a day should come?" A grim question for a grim prospect.

"If such a thing were to happen to her, could you let her go? And alternatively if you were to be consumed- you would understand that we as a clan cannot risk all for one?"
Could you accept death by insanity and that she might be left without you.

kuroopu

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:55 pm
It was a long time before he answered her this time, Mengyao becoming very interested in the cup in his hand. He stared down at the swirling dark tea and absently poured more sugar into it, waiting until it was entirely stirred in before he chose to answer Lan's pressing question.

"I will do what it takes to protect Lifen," he said finally, but he wasn't looking at Lan, still concentrating on the tea, a hard look in his eyes.

"I will protect her, even if that means protecting her from myself."

istoleyurvamps

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:35 pm
As one of her maids came in, Lan reached into her robes, a small thin box pulled from the vast pockets that were simply a part of their robes.

She waited until the lunch was presented. Thin slices of beef barely glazed and cooked over rice. Sauces, Fresh vegetables, a desert of rice cakes- Lan's common favorite.

"Then promise me Mengyao Miao, promise me on your honor as a noble, as the head of your house, as a horseman, as your friend, that if you ever question yourself, that you think, even for a moment, that you have lost all hope, that there is nothing left-" She opened the box. Inside, a thin blade. A blade made for a small, yet efficient death. The blade a woman held when she would rather die than be taken by the enemy.

Her hand shook as she lifted it out and set it in front of him. Eyes unable to meet his own.
"If the enemy threatens to take you, do not let them. There is no shame in such an action." Death before dishonor.
Death, before you would allow your enemy to take you.

kuroopu

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:18 pm
He looked at the blade for a long moment, his dual colored eyes giving away nothing as he let his gaze roam along the sleek design, moving from the hilt to the narrow tip, as sharp as glass when broken and as delicate as Lan herself.

A dagger meant for a quick death, rather than a prolonged one.

Mengyao lifted his hand, reached out, and closed gray fingers over the hilt of the blade. Silently, he drew it towards himself and examined it closely before tucking it away in the front of his robes, Mengyao readjusting them to look proper before he calmly picked up his tea again.

"I promise."

istoleyurvamps

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:05 pm
There was a slow intake of breath as she watched him, judging, assessing him not like a friend but simply as another of nobility. A forced dis-attachment that they had been trained to do, something they were forced to learn if they ever wished to deal in politics, in the ever changing word that was nobility. He'd taken the 'gift' she'd offered on a whim, driven by the horrible fears of the worst case scenario.
He was willing to do anything for Lifen then.
Including die.

Lan's body stilled and with a small intake of breath, she left her tea untouched, pulling out however the small bottle of sake, opening it, and giving herself a generous helping to her cup. It was downed in seconds. Then ignored as if she hadn't literally just taken a shot right in front of him.

"You and Lifen- I swear." Back to her tea, she let herself smile.
"I swear I'm going to worry myself to death over you two until that ceremony. You know how many mares are going to want to get a piece of you now you're off the market? The stallions who'll try to seduce Lifen now that she's 'taken'? Gods above... You're getting wed." She started chuckling.
"Never thought I'd see the day you'd love anyone more than your own reflection."

kuroopu

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:34 pm
He eyed the sake with suspicion and mingled astonishment, because this was Lan they were talking about, and Lan was all about keeping things proper, elegant, and careful - and yet here she was, drinking alcohol in front of him.

It was a lovely little bit of information for later, which Mengyao happily filed away. He held out his cup towards her, arching a brow as though to ask for some of the sake himself. "Please," he said disdainfully, "I refused to allow anyone to court Lifen while she was in my care, and I will continue that refusal after we have bonded. No one will ever come close to her if I have anything to say about it."

Mengyao took a sip of his tea and smiled at Lan over his teacup.

"The truth is oftentimes a funny and mysterious thing, is it not?"

istoleyirvamps

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:16 pm
She slipped him some of the sake, still pretending it wasn't alcohol. "Good to hear."

She relaxed in her seat, expression softening as somewhere in the garden cicadas began to grow restless, their sound echoing in the open air. "我很高兴为你的婚姻。这是一个足够长的时间等待,我认为。"

kuroopu
whoooooops idr we concluded this or not otl

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers