Welcome to Gaia! ::

Digimon: Tamer Island Guild

Back to Guilds

#1 Digimon Guild where you can actually be a Tamer with your very own Digimon. 

Tags: Digimon, Tamer, Island, Digimon Tamer, Tamer Island 

Reply Digimon Tamer Island (Digimon Guild RP Forum)
Digimon RP Q & A Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadow of Miracles

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:50 am
lief_7
Shadow of Miracles
Some of the digimon I have acquired started in a form that was not rookie.

I would to keep some of those digimon in the level that I acquired them.

Do I have to create a line for those digimon and what is the purpose of having all digimon start in rookie form?

As it is stated above all digimon must have a rookie, champion and ultimate form.
This is because you must move to the rookie form to travel and when not battling like int the anime.

Edit: Ok I miss stated, it seems they can't go above Champion in cites but it is requested by the RP Mods that everyone have a rookie form and that only high forms be used when needed not for just walking around or hanging out. Thank you.

Well what if its part of the character's personality? Like the digimon prefers to be in that form.

Some examples are Mervamon, Baalmon, Beelzemon [Xros], and BlackWargreymon who were digimon that stayed in those forms throughout the season they appeared.

Also what if you don't have their previous forms or they're previous forms involve digimon that you already have?

So like I have 3 different Greymon species digimon and I wouldn't want to just have all Agumons in my party.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:44 am
Shadow of Miracles
lief_7
Shadow of Miracles

Do I have to create a line for those digimon and what is the purpose of having all digimon start in rookie form?

As it is stated above all digimon must have a rookie, champion and ultimate form.
This is because you must move to the rookie form to travel and when not battling like int the anime.

Edit: Ok I miss stated, it seems they can't go above Champion in cites but it is requested by the RP Mods that everyone have a rookie form and that only high forms be used when needed not for just walking around or hanging out. Thank you.

Well what if its part of the character's personality? Like the digimon prefers to be in that form.

Some examples are Mervamon, Baalmon, Beelzemon [Xros], and BlackWargreymon who were digimon that stayed in those forms throughout the season they appeared.

Also what if you don't have their previous forms or they're previous forms involve digimon that you already have?

So like I have 3 different Greymon species digimon and I wouldn't want to just have all Agumons in my party.

Basically we will go with the Digivice limits them to the rookie form when not Digivolved, Digimon appearing in higher forms normally do not have a digivice therefor have different restrictions. Part of the contract between humans and Yagg stats that they will be limited even if they are now allowed to have more power. If you don't want 3 agumon running around then figure something out, get creative and solve the problem, but it is required that everyone have a rookie. Even my spirit needed one.

Also, because the RP moderators said so... (-InsertEgoHere- Liger)  

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

Shadow of Miracles

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:56 am
Alright that sounds much more reasonable now that you've including the Yggdrasil story part into it.

So then can I have my character meet his digimon at a certain level, but once they create a bond and he's stored into his digivice then he dedigivolves to his rookie form?

lief_7
Shadow of Miracles
lief_7
Shadow of Miracles

Basically we will go with the Digivice limits them to the rookie form when not Digivolved, Digimon appearing in higher forms normally do not have a digivice therefor have different restrictions. Part of the contract between humans and Yagg stats that they will be limited even if they are now allowed to have more power. If you don't want 3 agumon running around then figure something out, get creative and solve the problem, but it is required that everyone have a rookie. Even my spirit needed one.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:59 am
Shadow of Miracles
Alright that sounds much more reasonable now that you've including the Yggdrasil story part into it.

So then can I have my character meet his digimon at a certain level, but once they create a bond and he's stored into his digivice then he dedigivolves to his rookie form?

lief_7
Shadow of Miracles
lief_7
Shadow of Miracles

Yep that's fine as long as once he becomes your partner he has a rookie form.  

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

Shadow of Miracles

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:06 pm
Sorry here is another question and its regarding Warp Digivolution.

I'm not exactly sure how to word it so instead I will describe a scenario:

Let's say my character meets his new partner whose a mega digimon.

When the mega level digimon joins my character he turns into a rookie. So here is my question. Would I need to create a digivolution line for the new digimon or can I just warp digivolve the rookie digimon so that he return to his original form when battles are involved?

lief_7
Shadow of Miracles

lief_7
Shadow of Miracles
lief_7
Shadow of Miracles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:10 pm
Shadow of Miracles

When the mega level digimon joins my character he turns into a rookie. So here is my question. Would I need to create a digivolution line for the new digimon or can I just warp digivolve the rookie digimon so that he return to his original form when battles are involved?

lief_7
Shadow of Miracles

lief_7
Shadow of Miracles

Every Digimon needs a Rookie, Champion and Ultimate, no exceptions. It's not too hard to make one and I think the rules have changed to make it even easier.  

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

Shadow of Miracles

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:13 pm
Okay, but what about warp digivolution?

Do we not have a feature/option like that in the RP?

lief_7
Shadow of Miracles

lief_7
Shadow of Miracles

lief_7
Shadow of Miracles

Every Digimon needs a Rookie, Champion and Ultimate, no exceptions. It's not too hard to make one and I think the rules have changed to make it even easier.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:16 pm
Shadow of Miracles

lief_7
Shadow of Miracles

lief_7
Shadow of Miracles

You mean you want your digimon to have the other two stage but you don't want to rp out them digivolving to those, you just want to go straight to mega? That should be fine as long as they have the other stages, but you still have to unlock the ability to Mega evolve.  

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

Shadow of Miracles

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:41 pm
Okay, that's actually perfect. Thank you 3nodding

So then warp digivolution does exist. What about warp DNA digivolution like how Agumon and Gabumon did in the digimon movie where Diaboromon came back?
lief_7
Shadow of Miracles

lief_7
Shadow of Miracles

lief_7
Shadow of Miracles

You mean you want your digimon to have the other two stage but you don't want to rp out them digivolving to those, you just want to go straight to mega? That should be fine as long as they have the other stages, but you still have to unlock the ability to Mega evolve.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:02 pm
Shadow of Miracles
Okay, that's actually perfect. Thank you 3nodding

So then warp digivolution does exist. What about warp DNA digivolution like how Agumon and Gabumon did in the digimon movie where Diaboromon came back? [spolier]
lief_7
Shadow of Miracles

lief_7
Shadow of Miracles

I don't think that's a thing, mostly because you have to have the parts present to DNA so unless you DNAed Agumon and Gabumon together and made Omnimon I'm thinking no, you can't do that.  

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

Shadow of Miracles

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:15 pm
I have a problem with my digimon registry.

I would like to include a DNA between two of my digimon so exactly how do I write that in the registry? Is there a special way to do it?  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:52 am
Shadow of Miracles

I would like to include a DNA between two of my digimon so exactly how do I write that in the registry? Is there a special way to do it?

bump to not be forgotten  

Shadow of Miracles

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 12:16 pm
Shadow of Miracles
Shadow of Miracles

bump to not be forgotten

Shadow in the future please don't bump the Q&A threads, unless it has been more than a week. If you would like a faster reply then quote a Mod. We check these things a lot but you have to give us time to get on and look at them. Thank you.

As for your question, do you want both of your digimon to be members of your team? and then they DNA? If this is the case the you would give them both lines up until the point that they DNA at which Time they will continue on as one digimon. So say you were doing Mormon and Veemon's line it would look like this

Digimon1: Veemon->Veedramon-DNA WIth Stingmon->Paildramon->Impirialdramon

Digimon2: Wormon->Stingmon-DNA With Veedramon->See Digimon 1

I think that is how we will do it, I will confirm with the others, but that should work.

Now if you don't want to use both Digimon you would just use the Digimon you want and input it just like a normal Digivolution line but I think you have to do something special to RP this out. I'll check on this because I don't remember what we decided.

If you are DNAing with another Tamer, say you worked with Karan to make Paildramon, then ya'll would need to do a one time thing where you RP out the two Digimon's souls aligning. Check the rules for further explanation.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 1:05 pm
lief_7

Shadow of Miracles

Warp Digivolution is not a thing in the RP forum. To enforce a sense of evenness in combat, there is no speed digivolution or anyway to give a person an advantage over the other. This means that digivolution is stage by stage, warp DNA digivolution included.

To answer the DNA via registration, You would follow what lief said and on your card, the two will be linked together and locked until you have access to DNA/Jogress digivolution.

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 1:07 pm
-InsertEgoHere- Liger
lief_7

Shadow of Miracles

Warp Digivolution is not a thing in the RP forum. To enforce a sense of evenness in combat, there is no speed digivolution or anyway to give a person an advantage over the other. This means that digivolution is stage by stage, warp DNA digivolution included.

To answer the DNA via registration, You would follow what lief said and on your card, the two will be linked together and locked until you have access to DNA/Jogress digivolution.

Good to know Liger, I wasn't sure since we hadn't posted that anywhere I don't think. I can add it to the clarifications if you would like.  
Digimon Tamer Island (Digimon Guild RP Forum)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games