Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[PRP] Not The Dad You Are Looking For (Uttam / Hel) [FIN] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:38 pm
Uttam snorted. "I doubt it." He smirked, picking up an old and battered looking knife from his work table, giving it a good flick to show her how sturdy it was. "First thing's first, get a good knife. Sturdy, good balance, not serrated at all." He drawled, already working his way through the wood, staring in the middle of the circle he'd drawn.

Silence for a while as he worked, before he looked up to the Reaper ghoul. "Did you get all that?" He asked, handing the wooden block out to her. The circle was gone, replaced by a hole the size of the ghoul's finger.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:48 pm
"Prove you wrong." Hel challenged with a grin, and then nodded, now that a challenge was in place she was going to be the very best there ever was student. Instead of writing words down, though, Hel took notes the best way she could, and that was to draw. There were quick sketches in her notebook along with a few words here and there written in her native tongue. The reaper's head bobbed lightly whenever Uttam spoke, and the rest of the time was spent intensely staring as he worked.

"Ya!" She replied, and dropped her notebook and pen in favor of taking the wooden block. "Bitchin." She breathed in awe, looking over the wood block and then sliding her finger through the hole, where it was a perfect fit. Too awesome. She then handed the block back to the horseman with a grin.

"So once you have the basic form...will you carve a pattern into it then?"  

Lucyal
Crew

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:05 pm
Hrm. So this ghoul actually did pay attention to things. Maybe she wasn't really the worst after all. He nodded, taking the block back and casing a quick glance at her notes. Well then... quite the student, this one. "Depends." He stated simply, setting the wood block down on the ground and squatting above it. "Do you want a pattern? Though, that's getting too far ahead - we need to extract the ring before anything else."

Deftly, Uttam pulled a compass-like object from his work area, fiddling a bit of charcoal into the end where the pencil went. "How thick do you want it? Petite and subtle, large and noticeable? Understand that size does indeed matter - you don't wear trinkets just to wear them. They say something about you."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:17 pm
Hel nodded her head enthusiastically. "YA! I would love a pattern! But you pick one out!" She grinned. "Surprise me." Getting too far ahead of herself? Yep, that was pretty much Hel to a tee.

The reaper blinked as Uttam pulled out some more interesting tools, and almost forgot she was taking notes because she was just enthralled in watching someone dedicated to their craft. She snapped out of it and quickly jotted down some images of the tools and what he was doing with them. She looked up from her notes though as he spoke, and blinked, before chuckling. Size mattered? Oh it mattered alright...Oh shi-- She got her mind out of the gutter and then laughed.

"I did not quite expect to hear words like that! So Gramps...his trinkets have meaning then?" Sometimes she wondered if he did wear all those jangly bits just because he could...and it looked cool. Old Man Swag.

"But ah...I would like it...to be a wide band, but not thick...does that make sense? I can not wear thick things because I have my hands in everything, and it would catch! So I would like it to be wide to properly display a design, but thin in terms of resting on my finger."  

Lucyal
Crew

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:40 pm
Gramps? Oh, she meant Salbei, obviously. The old man. Yes, gramps he was. Grumpy gramps. Possibly more grumpy than himself. "Ah, yes... Salbei's accessories all have meanings, even if he doesn't realize the message they all send off. He may, however. I think him wise enough to know that." Uttam followed the rabbit hole for a bit, but quickly surfaced. He hated getting distracted from work - yet he didn't hate this ghoul yet, and she was a big ol' distraction.

"Ah, so no snagging. Something that can be easily rid of should you get it caught. Understandable." He nodded, marking notches of where the points would connect. A wide band, but not clunky and heavy. Yes, he could do that.

"Surprise you? I hardly know you... but alright."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:50 pm
"Ya...I bet he does know, though." Hel replied confidently with a nod. When did Salbei not know things? Seriously. Hel nodded her head again. "Ya!" She then laughed. "So maybe because you hardly know me, maybe it shall be easier to surprise me!" She grinned. "Ya! Some kind of pattern that you like, that would be most excellent!" She wiggled and resumed watching him work.

"So...what else do you do, huh? Are you into herbs as well? Like Gramps?"

Carhop Cavalier

Lucyal
Crew

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:20 pm
Whatever pattern he wanted, hrm? Well, that was... no, he wouldn't do that. He only did that to Salbei, and only once. Never again would he do that. He could also write "brat" along the ring, but that would be mean - plus this ghoul was slowly growing on him. At least she wasn't assuming or too annoying. Maybe he'd put some sort of geometric pattern in, like concentric rings or a bunch of squares.

"Gardening is boring." He quipped, tracing the circle of the band with his compass. "I read for the most part, sometimes just nap. I'm officially a solider, but there's not much fighting to be done. Only rebuilding." And even then, Uttam only cared for rebuilding his own life. His library and his carving tools.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:25 pm
Hel laughed. "Well...ya...the kind of gardening Gramps does it boring...but I do like learning about all the different plants and their uses!" She grinned. "I like landscape gardening! It is something my beau does very well...and he teaches me!" The reaper nodded her head, and then gasped, excitedly.

"Ah! You are a solider!? A fighter?" Most excellent. She then snorted. "Oh, there is always fighting to be done...you just have to go looking!" Her grin widened.  

Lucyal
Crew

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:02 pm
Uttam's eyes narrowed slightly at her mentioning of a 'beau.' What? "Beau? Hrm? What in Jack does that mean...? Someone special, perhaps? Boil or ghoulfriend? You Halloweeners and your odd lingo..." He shook his head, procuring a book from behind him and handing it to her.

"Here, borrow it. It's a comprehensive guide on which plants grow when and gives examples of wonderful gardens in the lands of Conquest; at least they did something right." He snorted, continuing to carve the pattern into Hel's ring. "I may find gardening boring - but the payoff is nice to look at."

He continued to carve, ignoring the prompting about his being a soldier.

lucyal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:55 am
Hel nodded her head even more vigorously than she had been previously. "YA!" She cried. "I think the word ah...boilfriend is...well...stupid. I prefer beau." Plus it was one syllable. She then chuckled. "You have weird lingo too! Calling ghouls fillies...yanno what that makes me think of?" She didn't wait for Uttam to ask, and went on to say: "Like...cheesesteak sandwiches!" Oh...now her stomach rumbled...she was hungry.

The reaper blinked as the horseman reached for a book and then handed it to her. She stared at it as it she'd never seen a book before, before it clicked. "Ah!" She took it and looked it over, flipping through the pages. While she didn't care for books...she did know someone who would probably appreciate this a lot, so she was going to show it to him! "Thank you!" She replied with a wide smile, and closed it, setting it off to the side for now.

"Did you used to do a lot of fighting?" Hel didn't forget the subject.

Carhop Cavalier

Lucyal
Crew

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:47 pm
Uttam gave a snort that bordered on a whinny, shaking his head. "No, ours make sense. Filly, like a young female horse? It's simple - gets the point across." Duh Hel, duh. He had no idea what a cheese steak was, or that the ghoul was even hungry - details he never paid attention to.

His eye gave a small twitch as he continued to carve the pattern, focusing more intently on the concentric circles he was engraving. "Yes. I fought being awake."

Lucyal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:08 pm
"Yaaa...but I am not a horse!" Hel immediately paused after she said thought though, and her brows furrowed. "...Hrm. Well...though...I suppose I am if Gramps is my father-figure...? And I doubly suppose so if I now carry his family name...ya? But--" She wagged a finger at the solider. "Your lingo is just as odd as mine!"

But now Hel was furrowing her brows at the horseman again. "Fought being awake..." She repeated slowly. "What is awa--" Hel scowled. "Is that sarcasm?" That almost slipped by her!

Carhop Cavalier

Lucyal
Crew

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:09 am
Father figure? That was interesting. Wait - his family name? "He gave you his surname?" Uttam questioned, looking up from his carving with a squint. "That's unusual." He shrugged, scrutinizing her regardless of his shrug. She really was quite close to Sal, wasn't she?

"No, not sarcastic at all." He rolled his eyes, a little mirth in his eyes as he shook his head. "I fought as much as I was comfortable with."

Which was none at all.

lucyal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:36 pm
"Ah!" Hel snapped her fingers. "Ah, ya! That is the word! Surname." She couldn't recall it. The reaper tilted her head. "Unusual? How so?" She then lidded her eyes and pursed her lips.

"Oh, ha ha~ Ya, sleep is quite the foe, so it does require battle at times." Actually Hel was along the same lines as Uttam, and when it was time for sleep she readily gave in. She loved sleeping. "But I mean actually fighting! Others! I want to hear those stories!"

Carhop Cavalier

Lucyal
Crew

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:51 pm
"It is unusual, because you are not a Horseman. You are not Famine. You are Halloween, a Reaper. That is why it's unusual for you to have a Famine surname." He explained with a shrug. It wasn't a big deal - after all, Sal was entitled to give his name if he wanted.

He clammed up at the probing, returning to carving. "You wouldn't like those stories very much, I'm afraid..."

lucyal

{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces