Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[1v1] The Joy of Spars [Maple/AJ] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
chirigami rolled 2 8-sided dice: 8, 5 Total: 13 (2-16)

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 12:29 am
The more and more AJ spoke to her, the more Maple was beginning to be unsure about her decisions at the moment. Not about her clothing, no she would.. get over that, but all his explanations and instructions and suggestions were beginning to unwind and unnerve the timid ghoul. It was getting a lot more worrisome (she was determined not to mentally describe it as scary).

The witch didn't utter a word. Just sort of stared at AJ and numbly nodded every so often. Wait, what, "s-safe w-word?" If he... wait. Yes, very much regretting life decisions right now. No, there were no warm up for Maple. Just a little more staring, wide eyed and pensive looks as she watched his skin change before her eyes. And those claws.

Whhhhhhy.

(Her broom was at least summoned. Mostly as a sense of security and held close.)

"I'm n-not sure.. I'm g-good at.. c-calm..." She whispered, weakly and pulled in on herself. The grip on her broom tightened, her eyes nearly shut tight. It was here that she decided to attack back. Or at least step forward and not backwards as she had intended. Her broom swinging forward blindly. She felt it hit something.

Quote:
hp: 36/40
damage: 7
FEAR: The Mind (T2), Tained Fang (T1)

meegane

Meegane rolled 1 6-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-6)
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 6:06 am
"Ouch." He yelled lightly. A broom made of hard wood and with witchcraft, the material of the head part was hard enough to give him a neat beat on arm which he used for defense purpose. "That's an impressive hit." He beamed with delight, happy about how hard the witch may attack. He may be more relieved if she was alone. If he could, he would try his best to protect her 24/7, but that wasn't good for her growth, he knew that. "Try to lock your eyes on me next time, okay? You are doing well, but some enemies have the ability to move really fast, so your eyes need to look at them all the time." He raised two fingers and made a gore-it-out gesture, towards his eyes and then to hers. "Keep your eye contact all the time even if you feel nervous or uncomfortable."

The serpent-dragon boil swung his arm easily, and made his stance for the next attack. "Come and try again. Remember to open your eyes this time because -" He paused and winked. "I might assault anytime." His tone was playful but Maple should remember this was a spar.

Quote:
AJ's HP: 33/ 40
Action: Defending for next turn = 4
Damage: N/A
Fear: T1 Bite [unused] + T2 Battle Cry [unused]

chirigami

Meegane
Crew

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
chirigami rolled 2 8-sided dice: 2, 8 Total: 10 (2-16)

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:37 am
"I-I'mSorry!" It was completely automatic for her to apologize and Maple seized up even after he began to compliment her on her attack. At least her eyes were open, but they were filled with worry since she actually didn't know what she had done.; and so apologetic. Though, maybe this piece of advice she could do, even if she looked pensive. Not at all like the seasoned warrior that AJ seemed to be or even one eager to learn to fight as maybe he took her as (and maybe she even thought herself to maybe be one day).

There was a long pause before she actually did something, poor AJ most likely standing there so patiently for the young witch as she just looked on and let out a small pathetic little sound. His announcement of a possible attack just made her weary - because he was probably just really good at fighting, he seemed to be when they went on that adventure after all. But she mustered up something and just sort of weakly jabbed at him with the broom handle.

At least keeping her eyes open this time.

Quote:
damage: 4
FEAR: The Mind (T2), Tained Fang (T1)

meegane

Meegane rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:55 am
"Hey hey don't be sorry, or you think I am a crybaby?" He lightly asked, but he already got his answer for that question. "Look at me, Maple, I am as strong as a dragon!....Wait, what am I saying? I am already a dragon haha~" He laughed, didn't really bothered by the pain from the smack. When two of his species fight, it was something more than that, they usually use weapons like knife while he bare handed, but so what? "No worry, just hit and smack with your lovely broom!" The dragon boil beat his chest with a rather strong force to show how substantial he was. "You don't need to worry I will break like a crystal animal-"

When Maple was just standing, AJ was bubbling and bubbling, so there was no idle time actually. The boil was very talkative ever since he joined Amityville and the witch should already used to that. Since he was talking all his way, the broom jab came as all of a sudden. However, he was AJ, the sensitive warrior boil, so with a rather swift and fierce glare, he grasped it with a claw, before it could reach his stomach. A whistling came out from his mouth. "I am a bit startled, nice try, Maple~"

He was happy that she was taking his advice sincerely, a big smile that was a tiny different but hard to tell was shown. If the witch was interested in some fighting techniques, he would be the most happiest to share her some he accumulated. As a student, especially an Amityville student, she would face a lot of dangers in her life, the appearance of shadowlings, portal to different worlds, hunter encounter - and.... That's why he wanted her to be capable to fight on her own even they were separated, he wanted to ensure she could protect herself no matter what.

The nightmares or simply illusions adumbrated him what might happen in the future and for him to realized what his biggest fear was.

Quote:
A body was laying against the wall feebly, the red color of her clothes was tainted. "M____....no...please no." He gently put his shaking hands onto her cold pale face, her eyes were closed but the pain and tear strains remained. There was a big wound on her chest.... "You dug it out! When she tried to call you back! You evil...."

That's why he had to force Maple to prepare, even though the ghoul was never into spar or fight. She will be facing enemies that get their claws at her and the worst - the boil himself. He normally can suppress the beast, but he was worried one day he would lose his control, so the spar was a preparation, in case one day - she had to face him - as a enemy...

The thought made the boil frowned and for a moment, his defense was off.

Quote:
Action: Defending for next turn = 1
Damage: 0 [All defended]

chirigami
Some relation to the Purge Horseman transformation.

Meegane
Crew

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
chirigami rolled 3 4-sided dice: 2, 1, 1 Total: 4 (3-12)

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:23 am
Of course she didn't think he was some sort of weakling that couldn't handle a spar, that was all her all the way. (Was this how he saw her though? Having to coach her through all of this and not even attack her. Not that she wanted him to because then all of this would be just over so quickly but... still). Maple nibbled on her lower lip and somehow managed a small smile at his quick little joke about himself while he held onto the end of her broom.

And didn't seem to let go.

Her brown eyes lingered at it and his long sculpted claws before looking back up at him again. Not knowing exactly what she was doing, she edged in a little bit of fear through the piece of wood like her aunt had instructed her once - before she had properly left for school. It was evident how little practice she had with any of her abilities as there barely seemed to be any sort of crackle of energy around it before it fizzled and died. And did nothing.

Maple let out a little groan and gave very little resistance in trying to reclaim her broom. "... th... that d-didn't work..." She mumbled, mostly to herself than anything. This was going horribly.

Quote:
damage: NOPE
FEAR: The Mind (T2), Tainted Fang (T1) - Using (lol, I dunno)

meegane
ahahaha... dice

Meegane rolled 1 6-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-6)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:26 am
The tiny bit of a smile was caught because AJ was looking at Maple all the time, when his claw was on the broom (he made sure the force he used won't damage as he knew it was very important to the witch), he smiled and waited, curious about what she would do next.

Show me your potential, Maple.

The boil could tell she was doing something, but he didn't know what, all he observed was the witch concentrated on the broom he was grasping. A few minutes later, she announced it didn't work. AJ was a tiny tiny little bit disappointed, but he didn't show it on his face at all, he was so good at hiding his emotions. "Oh! What was you trying to do? Using FEAR?" He looked down to check the broom, nothing changed. "Lack of practice? What does it supposed to do? Wanna try again?" He made an offer.

One time he was her spar partner, and then the next second he could be her friend again.

"Concentrate and feel the fear essence within you, like something drawing out from you. Trust me, imagination helps one not to be distracted. Since we are practicing, you can close your eyes, it would be easier." He shared his experience and waiting for her. "Relax, Maple, if you can be less worried, the effect will come out naturally~" The dragon serpent boil coaxed.

Quote:
Action: Defending for next turn = 4
Damage: -

xchirigami
He decided not a good time to attack XD

And Maru said just pretend there's adult/professor/gnome supervision, then we can do more than once @ FEAR, " though keep in mind that a Fear attack uses a lot of energy. Your character will be very, very, very tired"; "and probably will have to be carried back to their room :,D"

So if you wanna try again, go ahead~

Meegane
Crew

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
chirigami rolled 2 8-sided dice: 7, 7 Total: 14 (2-16)

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:34 pm
"O-oh!" Maple found herself with a flush spreading upon her cheeks when he called her out on her failed attempt. So, he had noticed (of course he would have noticed, who wouldn't have noticed? It wasn't like she had been subtle or even tried to not be conspicuous about her FEAR). "I... ... I've n-never.. really used... it..." Them? Her abilities? Power? FEAR? The red seemed to darken on her face, embarrassed with her lack of experience and execution. Truth be told it was tempting to try it again, to see if she could possibly get one of those spells to work.

But, well, that didn't go as planned. Obviously.

She has tried to push it out again, to allow the power through her once more but as her reserves were only so much - especially trying something a little stronger so quickly - her attempts to push her core was more her physically actually doing the action instead. The witch felt herself moving downward instead and in a panic, pulled back forcibly, yanking the broom handle out of AJ's hand. She flailed, falling. And ended up hitting the boil very hard in the process as she too hit the ground

Quote:
damage: 8 [holy crap, Maple]
FEAR: The Mind (T2), Tainted Fang (T1)[used]

meegane

Meegane rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:45 am
Seeing the red on the witch's face, AJ wanted to pet her head or touching her cheek but when he reached out, he found he was having some pointy sharp claws at the moment, so he turned around to rub his head instead. "You should use it if it's useful. What will it do? Make me numb? Huh - bounce me off? Or -" The boil's eyes were full of curiosity and excitement. "Don't feel bad, I seldom use mine unless I am forced to, my FEAR will mix with the venom and make my target numb for a short period. However, I prefer fight with my body usually." He shrugged, not seemed to be bothered by the several misses of his FEAR attack before, "They don't always work, and that's why we need to practice. Don't afraid of failure, they are good in the sense that you know where to improve. Don't give up, Maple, you're doing quite good." He beamed.

AJ was waiting, watching as the girl tried again. He could tell where she was at because FEAR was something intangible and invisible, you can only see it when it mixed with something else or transformed into other existences. So when the broom escaped his hand out of a sudden, he felt something dangerous but his move was too slow, his jaw was hit by the end of Maple's broom. It made him bite his tongue.

He shortly covered his mouth out of the pain of the bleeding wound, blood slightly ran out from his mouth. AJ hissed while being impressed by the attack, "Jack! Maple, that's creative!" He then continued to cover his mouth while wiping the blood away so that he won't get excited and hurt the witch. "I love it." He waited until the pain subsided and gave the cute little witch a thumb up with sparkly eyes.

"So nice. Unexpected. Impressive." He laughed in delight and soon returned to a defending posture, what an interesting ghoul she is.

Quote:
AJ's HP: 29/ 40
Action: Defending for next turn = 2

xxchirigami
Success!

Meegane
Crew

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
chirigami rolled 2 8-sided dice: 4, 7 Total: 11 (2-16)

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:00 pm
There was an automatic response in the back of her mind to immediately go into apologizing to him for what had happened, but it died the moment AJ went into congratulating her on the attack instead. Filling her with praise for being inventive with her attack and leaving her a little stunned honestly. " d-didn't.. m-mean..." Maple began, but her words simply mumbled into nothing as she held her broom close and she remained on the ground.

"M-my aunt.. t-taught m-me to.. h-how t-to d-do j-jinxes.. with m-my FEAR.. its... n-nothing r-really special... sm-small.. th-things.." She explained finally, slowly getting herself back up with a small push. Oh how inadequate she felt hearing what his sort of abilities were, how pitiful her's were in comparison. He could do venom attacks. All she could do was make things annoying - if it worked. "B-being a Kn-knob... I t-tried t-to push it a little... t-to see if... I c-could d-do something.. d-different.." Apparently not. She bit at her lip and gripped the smooth wood a little tighter as she brushed a loose hair out of her face.

She stood there, unsure of what to do next, if she should go on. Or if she was doing alright. But AJ still stood there, defensive in position and waiting for her to keep going. Supportive even. Trying to help. Fighting was not her forte, she had very little moves. Aunt Rose had instructed her a little bit with the broom, mostly on a defensive measure but most of her magic was supposed to be channeled through it and as with her FEAR, she had such little practice with it - she didn't even know fully of her capabilities. Could she even try a spell? She didn't really know. It seemed like something she should be able to feel in her, but she.. didn't.

Instead, she tried something that she had been taught - really, anyone could have been taught easily - she took a step forward and swept the broom at AJ's legs, letting it swing across the ground easily enough (if anything, maybe that black lock would hit pretty hard?)

Quote:
damage: 5
FEAR: The Mind (T2), Tainted Fang (T1)[used]

meegane

Meegane rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:04 am
"Hmm? You are saying something?" AJ didn't hear her mumble at all, maybe that was what the witch wished. "Ohh, your aunt. Jinx? Do you mean bad luck? Like a curse or spell? That's pretty cool~" He asked, interested in more details of the witch's background, they were friends, and he should know more about her except she was a witch with a broom. "For me, it's Shishou. She didn't allow me to call her auntie because it felt so old. Normally it should be parents teaching offspring but -" He didn't continued, "-anyway, I self-learnt how to make use of it through mistakes and a lot of fights, but she helped me to grab the idea better and more solid, through butt-kicking and being a punch bag." He shrugged as if he could do nothing with the Shishou he called.

AJ noticed the quietness of Maple as he looked at her. "Are you blaming yourself?", because he was dense, so he asked. "Everyone is different, same as their FEARs, don't get upset because it seemed to do nothing big. Like playing chess, just one small move can change the whole situation." He was forced to play chess back to the days in his homeland, in the name of learning to stay calm and patient. "Don't get into the dead end, you should try to figure out how to make good use of your FEAR, like a gemstone, you need to polish it before it can shine. No need to rush, it takes time." He gently petted her head, tried to hide up the claws by holding them in the palm.

"Maybe we come out and we can focus on practicing your FEAR?" He was interested in it and willing to help. "I know you are not into fighting actually, maybe try to do something you like? Sandwiching the fighting time with your favourite thing, maybe it will make you feel better?" He suggested. "Don't feel obligated to do so, just a suggestion." Shortly, the witch took action and quickly swept towards his legs, it hit one of his legs but he dodged for another one.

"Nice pick, I didn't scale up my legs because it will hinder my movement and extended the time for response. Another weak point would be the knees, knock it hard and it can create a short immediate numb to your target, you can try it next time." The boil was pleased by Maple's choice and wanted to tell her more.

Quote:
AJ's HP: 26/ 40
Action: Defending for next turn = 2

xchirigami

Meegane
Crew

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
chirigami rolled 3 4-sided dice: 3, 2, 4 Total: 9 (3-12)

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:26 am
So he had someone else take on his training, she was coming to learn. Though, she had to wonder what kind of circumstances lead him into that; were they like her's. She couldn't imagine so, probably something more interesting and compelling than her situation. "S-something.. like th-that..." she replied in regards to one of her FEAR abilities, the one she actually did know.

"S-since I haven't s-summoned m-my familiar... yet..." Still, that didn't sound right. "M-my aunt.. tr-trained me a little... so.. I c-could be prepared.. here...." And then maybe she could finally get it right and then be trained properly like the rest of her family. But for now, she just had her broom.

And still didn't know how to properly use it, much like everything. It was really tempting to just use it like a bat though, given how AJ seemed to think she was doing alright with that method. She took on his other suggestion instead, even as it made her nervous and take a step away from him.

"... okay...."

Another step backwards, her broom held tightly to her chest. Just a little bit this time, like she had been instructed. Maple closed her eyes, even after what he had told her and set the bristles of her broom upon the ground so close to her. And little by little, she pushed her Fear into it again and then the broom itself to be properly swept across the floor. A little bit of spark jot through the handle and down the shaft to the main part of the broom until it reached the ground in a red haze. And lifted.

When Maple opened her eyes, she was surprised to see a small little red haze around AJ making it a little difficult for him to see her. Maybe.

And also surprised by how a little more worn out she felt. She took an uneasy step backwards and wobbled.

Quote:
damage:--
FEAR: The Mind (T2)[Using], Tainted Fang (T1)[used]

meegane
So, well... if AJ tries to attack, his modifier has gone to -7 for two turns.
I really should.. like.. figure out.. magic things...

Meegane rolled 1 6-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-6)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:32 am
The topic of familiar aroused his interest, reaper type can have familiar, but he looked at the witch and started to imagine what kind of familiar would fit Maple most. A cat? A bat that matches her bow? An owl? A ferret? He stopped thinking and decided to ask. "What familiar does your family have mostly?"

At least she relied to his words, AJ gave another pet on her hair. She then stepped backward and he stepped backward, ready to block her attack again. He noticed she was concentrating on something, he knew she was trying and he wanted to encourage her, but saying things will only distract her, so he just watched with a smile, but still prepared to defend anytime.

AJ interestingly looked at the red haze floating around him, blocking his vision and lower his accuracy. He was like the curious boil who wanted to clarify the composition of the gas, he attempted to touch it but they dispersed. "It looks nice, Maple. See, you did it, good job." He felt delighted to be wrapped around by his favourite color and gave the witch a bright smile with a thumb up.

"Is that candy floss? Cheery flavour?" Head snapped at the smoke like FEAR.

Quote:
Action: Defending for next turn = 6

chirigami
It would be fun to imagine the scene ;D

Meegane
Crew

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
chirigami rolled 1 6-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-6)

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:55 pm
Still, he went on with the encouraging words, seemingly impressed by her odd bit of fog she had produced to obscure him in a possible attack. But Maple found herself still a little drained from performing her little bit of magic and simply pulled back, weakly holding up her broom instead as she took a moment to collect her breath.

"M-most.. of m-my family have elks.. or d-deer." At least she could answer his question. "Its wh-why.. we have h-horns, we sacrifice th-them when we m-meet them for the f-first time." Head's inquiry wouldn't get a reply to, sadly, but the witch at least did glance at the tail like appendage.

Quote:
damage: DEFENDING
FEAR: The Mind (T2)[Used], Tainted Fang (T1)[used]

meegane

Meegane rolled 7 4-sided dice: 4, 2, 2, 3, 1, 4, 4 Total: 20 (7-28)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:15 am
He would never stop encouraging the witch if she could be a bit optimistic and happy, to the others, the tiny smoke was just nothing more than a mild nuisance. Yet, to AJ, he was happy to see a little step of progress from the witch. "Hey, are you okay?" After using her FEAR, the witch looked a bit tired and he was worried about it. Deriving the essence from their body was just like humans losing moisture, it would have a need to replenish the essence.

"Oh~" That's why she had a pair of lovely horns, so different from other witches he might see. "Thanks for sharing, that's pretty interesting to know things about others, especially friends." He smiled, and the smile got bigger as he slowly swung one of his hand back-

And bounced off!

The FEAR was dragged out from his body and concentrated on his claw, making it harder and stronger with a weak red aura. Whenever the claw touched, the red fog was dispersed temporarily. The claw attacked swiftly, creating a sound like a whistle until he was blocked by her fear shield. He was impressed that the witch cut down his damage by nearly half as he bounced and slid back to where he was standing originally.

"Oh so when our FEAR collide, it would be cancelled temporarily, interesting~" The boil used his clawed head to stroke his chin. "Let me test it with regular attack next, Maple." He suggested.

Quote:
Action: Attacking
Damage: 16 haha....orzlll
Fear: T1 Bite [unused] + T2 Battle Cry

chirigami

Meegane
Crew

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
chirigami rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 1 Total: 6 (2-16)

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:35 pm
Maple took in a deep breath as she steadied herself, the wobbly feeling leaving her finally after using her Fear twice so soon - and without as much practice as she probably should have before doing so. But she felt alright at least and voiced it all the same.

That was until AJ finally attacked her. The witch let out a weak little cry and stumbled backwards, the misty haze she had created doing nothing more than dispersing as he used his own Fear against her. At least her broom managed to block him a little bit, least he do more damage - now her cardigan had a few rips and it felt that possibly her arm was bleeding just a little from the sudden and fierce attack.

"I d-don't think it w-works th-that way..." Maple informed him, fighting back another weak little sound as she pressed a hand to her arm.

The red mist was gone, leaving him unable to test it.

Quote:
hp: 25/40
damage: nope
FEAR: The Mind (T2)[Used], Tainted Fang (T1)[used]

meegane

{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items