Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
ⓣ ⓐ ⓜ ⓐ ⓒ ⓤ ⓝ ::.. o p e n : needs characters Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:57 pm
About hundred yards down the beach from Eureka a figure came running, not jogging, running. As this figure came closer and closer, it became clear he was not an ordinary human. He was tall. He couldn't have been shorter than 8ft 2 inches. He was wearing a hoodie with long sleeves, long sweat pants, and sneakers. His hood was down, and once he came close enough it was clear he had an eye patch over his right eye. He slowed and came to a stop not far from Eureka. He breathed heavily for a moment or two before looking out at the sea.

He sighed and stood just out of reach of the water. After a few seconds he said, "The Sea is a beautiful thing."

On this morning Eric was in his sea cave house eating breakfast. Medium well steak with maple syrup and coconut shavings. "Wonder What Renardo and Eureka are having for breakfast? Hope they haven't forgotten to refill the fridge..."  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:14 pm
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Eternal_PrinceOfFire

minus infinity

ⓔ ⓤ ⓡ ⓔ ⓚ ⓐ

Eureka nodded, looking at the ocean before glancing up to the gargantuan person besides her. Everyone on this island was average sized and Eureka had never come across someone so big. Her face said what she obviously wanted to say: wow. She looked back down, at her her feet. She was a little half naked, but he wouldn't know that with the blanket wrapped around her. But she sort of wished she put on some clothes.
At last, she looked back up. "It is," she agreed. He must be a tourist. She had never seen him on this island before. Her nose was getting a little red from the sharp ocean wind. She burrowed her chin into the blankets, wrapping herself tighter. "Would you like some breakfast?" She asked after a moment.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:28 pm
Maurice noticed the look on her face and wasn't really surprised she had that look on her face. The same look most people had when they saw him. The look of wow. When she asked if he'd like some breakfast, he answered slowly, "I would indeed. Thank you. I was so mad after a phone call earlier that I forgot to have breakfast." Then he Remembered his manners, "My Name Is Maurice Rook. Nice to meet you Miss...?" He called her miss because she hadn't introduced herself yet either. He continued to look out at the sea for a moment before looking down at her.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:40 pm
I woke from my nap at the familiar feel of my stomach dropping from my gut. The plane I was on was descending.

Well, there was that, and the startled crying from the kid next to me.

I opened a groggy green eye and looked at the child, a toddler who was pointing at the scar over my left eye. I groaned and moved around in my seat, finding my fedora. There... I put it on and pulled it low over my eyes, and after a moment the toddler stopped crying.

Good.

~~~

Finally the plane landed. There was the customary shuffle of carry-ons and the dance of people trying to get off the plane without running each-other over. I allowed the family with the toddler to go first, to avoid upsetting the child with my scar again.

I stepped off the plane and flung my arms over my head with a smile.

Ahh, it's good to stretch! I declared to no one in particular as I headed across the tarmac towards where they were unloading the luggage. It was a tiny airport for a tiny island, and I yanked my bag off a trolley before heading to the airport. There I caught a bus to town.

The bus dropped me off right smack dab in the center of town. I found my stomach growling, so I ventured into a small little coffee shop next to a Tiki bar called Meri.

~~~

Up in a small hut in the jungles around the mountain of the island, Carmen slept. She was curled up in a little hammock and hugging a pillow. Eventually sunlight shone through the draped, and she opened a bleary eye.

MmmmmmMmmnnn.

She yawned, showing a mouth full of sharp teeth, before getting up and looking through her fridge. There she found a juicy fowl and some eggs which she put in a pan on the stove and started to cook. She also made a pot of coffee. Mm... Coffee.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:43 am

ⓛ ⓔ ⓝ ⓞ ⓡ ⓔ

"No, add the dry to the wet, not the other way around," her grandma scolded, slapping her hands with the end of a wooden spoon. "OUCH," Lenore grumbled, rubbing her fingers before attempting to correct her mistake.

The jingle of the bells signaled in a new customer. Lenore turned, her brown-hazel eyes gazing upon a bright red head with a hat over her eyes. She was a dashing kind of character. Lenore could tell she was attractive…and a tourist. No one on this island quite looked like her. Lenore lowered her eyes, wiping her hands with a small towel before offering a smile. "Welcome. New to the island? How may I help you?" She asked.

ⓔ ⓤ ⓡ ⓔ ⓚ ⓐ

"Eureka," she answered. She held out a hand for a shake from the red tangled mess that was her wrapped blanket. His hands looked so large, she was sure his hand would crush hers if he wanted to. She looked passed him, towards her house before motioning towards it. "I live here," she stated. She walked him over to the patio, wary of his size, before entering the back door.

ⓡ ⓔ ⓝ ⓐ ⓡ ⓓ ⓞ

Renardo tilted his head back, peeking from the bedroom doorway. "Eureka," he called endearingly. And then he spotted the large guy coming into their house. His eyes widened. "Woah, hey, hey, hey!" Renardo moved, confused by one, a stranger coming into their hours and two, a large one at that. This guy must've been at least 8 feet tall! Renardo looked at Eureka, who provided no answers and then back at Maurice.

"His name is Maurice and he is eating breakfast with us," Eureka said, standing there as if all this were normal. Renardo was confused, looking at the sheer size of Maurice. He had to duck his head in the doorway! Eureka was always one to like bringing in strays. He looked away at nothing in particular other than the direction of down before loosening his shoulders. "Well, might as well make yourself at home. Sorry for the mess, my name is Renardo Valtameri. You're a tourist, no?" He asked, moving to the kitchen and washing his hands.
Eureka had disappeared into the bedroom to get changed. Renardo could see her from the kitchen, peeling off her shirt and putting on another and then some shorts. Renardo glanced to Maurice, who was standing from his angle, unable to see inside the bedroom. Eureka exited, closing the door behind her before sitting on a stool. "Where do you come from?" She asked, most likely because she was curious. Eureka always liked listening about the world outside of Tamacun.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:57 am
Indeed I am. I said pleasantly, looking about at the shop from out under my hat. Just got off the plane... I was looking for something to munch on.

Looking about I saw the rows and rows of sweets, and they did look tasty. I was drawn to what looked like a fresh batch of hard candy in red and greens. They looked kind of like lolipops, but were longer and had more then one orb on it.

Ooooo, are these watermelon flavored?

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

minus infinity

Fluffy Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:00 am
Maya woke up with a yawn and a stretch as the early morning light filled her small room. It was still hazy outside, but she knew the heat would burn it off soon enough. She got up slowly, locating and putting on her slippers before padding into the kitchen. She lived alone in the little bungalow type house, which she had found around the time of her hundredth birthday. It was a bit disheveled, and the roof leaked when it rained. But she loved it anyway. She went through the pantry until she found her breakfast: a can of anchovies. Maya still preferred to eat fish, and was even rather picky about most other foods. She ate as a dolphin would, which meant she swallowed her food whole. It went without saying that she didn't eat out at restaurants often because of this, but occasionally she would do so. She just had to remember to chew, was all.

Even before the alarm blared at seven forty-five, Marie was up and shaking her older sister awake.
"Wake up, Ebony. Papa said we have to open up today."
Ebony tried to burrow under the covers, but it was no use. Her sister wouldn't stop until she was fully awake and up on her feet. Her tenacity may have been something to admire, but not this early in the morning. "Five more minutes," she begged, but Marie was having none of it. The blankets were pulled off, she was shaken a few more times. "Come on, Papa's not going to be happy if we're late."
Indeed, their father was a man who prized consistency. Being even a few minutes late was a serious offense, not only to him but to others. Or that was what he said. Time is a precious thing, he would say, and you should never waste it. Ebony forced herself out of bed with that thought, and shooed her sister away so she could change. Summer was beginning again, and that meant there would be tourists. Marie was much better at talking to them than she was, but she was gradually learning to initiate conversation without putting her foot in her mouth or misunderstanding an order.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:19 am
When Eureka offered her hand for him to shake, his gently shook hands with her; being careful not to hurt her. Maurice bowed his head to enter the house in order to Follow Eureka inside. Once inside he simply stood by the door trying not to be in the way. When asked if he was a tourist he chuckled lightly and shook his head. "Nope. I live on the other side of the island in a beach house not unlike this one. Moved here just a couple days ago." When Eureka asked where he came from he smiled for a moment before deciding to reply. "I was born in America and raised in Russia, Australia, Mexico, England, and South Africa. Though If you want to get technical about it you could say I'm from this island because this is where my father was born, and his entire family going back 50 generations or so. What about you two?"  

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:32 pm

ⓛ ⓔ ⓝ ⓞ ⓡ ⓔ

Lenore looked over the counter, at the candy she had pointed out. She had grinned at the lady before leaning back. Her grandma was watching them quietly from a corner. Lenore had been taking customers since the end of last year, but her grandma was still wary. Lenore was still young and sheltered after all.

Lenore watched the foreign women, allured by her exoticness. Where did she come from? Who was she? After a moment of inspecting her, Lenore smiled again, nodding.
"Yup! Handmade," she mentioned. To be honest, she was sick and tired of those candies after eating so many as a child. "If you are looking for something fruity, we have just made some pastries stuffed with mango and papaya creme. They're real good and not too sweet," she added.

ⓡ ⓔ ⓝ ⓐ ⓡ ⓓ ⓞ

"Ah," Renardo murmured, giving a sideways glance to Eureka. He could already suspect what she was thinking. "Here," he exclaimed quickly, before Eureka could open her mouth to answer herself. "We've lived here all our lives. Grew up right on the island. We don't really have family other than each other," he added. He looked at Eureka. Eureka probably would've said something she wasn't supposed to say. He could already tell she was liking him, especially because he claimed to have ancestors who lived here. He turned his back around to the counter. He was cutting up some bread.

ⓔ ⓤ ⓡ ⓔ ⓚ ⓐ

Eureka looked at Renardo with a pout before looking back at Maurice with a small warm smile. "So you've had family here," she repeated in a delighted tone. She glanced back at Renardo, who was for sure watching her to make sure she wouldn't say something she wasn't supposed to before ignoring him.

At last, she tilted her head. "Both our ancestors lived here for hundreds of years. About 856 to be exact." Renard made a small noise that sounded like a cough. He looked up at the ceiling; clearly having felt something. Of course, Eureka was talking about herself and how old she was. Which was what made Renardo so nervous. Eureka paused before speaking again. "Maybe our families were friends. What a peculiar coincidence?" She said with a laugh. She then noticed that he wasn't sitting down and patted the stool next to her. "Here, sit."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:51 pm
Maurice Listened to Both of them and though He wanted to smile he noticed some inconsistencies. He carefully took a seat when he was offered a seat. Careful because he weighed a great deal more than a person of average height.

He looked to the both of the them and said, "Which of you is lying I wonder. I don't mean to sound rude but your two stories are very much at odds with each other. Renardo, You claim that you two have only ever had each other. While Eureka claims you both have had families of your own and so had ancestors on the island. So which is it?"

Then He looked at each of them as he waited for their answers.  

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:51 pm
Pastries, huh? I said, after picking up one of the candies and sniffing it. I looked up at her with a smile-- for the first time since the plane letting the scar across my eye be visible.

Well, a pastry will last me longer then a lollipop. I'll take one. I said, pulling out my wallet. I looked at the prices on the lollipop and threw down the appropriate amount of change. How much are the pastries?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:05 pm
Jason entered his medical office and began setting up. Today was another day and he knew he had a slew of appointments, not to mention any walk-ins that might happen. The tourist season was starting and there always seemed to be one or two that needed to come in for a shot or due to injury. There was only one medical clinic on the island, so Jason was in charge of making sure everyone on Tamacun was in good health.  

Eternal_PrinceOfFire

Dedicated Hunter

10,425 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Tycoon 200

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:59 am

ⓛ ⓔ ⓝ ⓞ ⓡ ⓔ

Lenore's eyes widened and she felt rude for staring at the lady's permanent marking over her eye. "A dollar and fifty cents," she answered. Her grandma, however, raised a brow and came forward.

"Young miss, how did you get that scar if you don't mind me asking?" She asked. Lenore blushed a little, feeling a little embarrassed that she had asked about it when Lenore wanted to ask about it herself.

ⓔ ⓤ ⓡ ⓔ ⓚ ⓐ

Eureka made a small face but calculated what she was going to say real fast. Renardo was worried; she could tell by the way he held his shoulders. "Sorry if you misunderstood. Renardo is a little touchy about his family. Our ancestors came from this island and we grew up here all our lives. In the ends, we were both the last of our relatives, so we are the only ones we have left. Renardo and my families were very close to each other, but Renardo doesn't like to say much about them," she explained. She looked at him, at his back as he continued to cut up bread. He said nothing. She watched him tenderly before looking back at Maurice with interest.
Despite being a spontaneous sort of person, Eureka was surprisingly being uncharacteristically level-headed right now. perhaps it was because she was feeling bad about their she and Renardo's bickering earlier this morning.

"Does that sound like a lie?" She asked, smiling slightly.

ⓡ ⓔ ⓝ ⓐ ⓡ ⓓ ⓞ

Renardo knew it was, but he wondered if Maurice would believe it. He didn't say anything; he only moved to the stove where he put the piece of bread with a hole in the middle of it on a hot pan. he then cracked an egg over it and sprinkled some seasoning. He didn't know what face to make, so he merely continued to make their breakfasts before he finally calmed himself and looked at Maurice with a bit of a serious expression. He continued to say nothing until he flipped the piece of bread with a sunny side up egg in it over before serving it. It was a toad-in-the-hole. He put some pieces of ham on the side. It was a simple dish, but one Eureka thoroughly enjoyed. He made hers first before making Maurice's and then his own.

He laughed a little after awhile before taking a bite to eat. "Sorry, it was feeling a little too serious. Let's stop talking about ourselves and welcome our new neighbor," he said with a brighter tone. He was trying to change the subject, and he knew Maurice was sharp.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:20 am
I blinked, but shrugged as I fished out another dollar and fifty cents.

I got it from a nasty Mountain Lion over in the States when I was camping in the Rockies. I said with a wry smile and a glitter in my eyes. It was trying to attack one of my best friends... I sent the thing limping home to lick the wounds to it's pride. I've gotten questions and comments about the scar ever since.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

minus infinity

Fluffy Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:33 am
After finishing breakfast and cleaning up, Maya decided to go for a swim. She knew already that it would be a hot day, so the cold water would be nice. She changed quickly into her bathing suit, then put on her shoes and was out. Maybe she could find someone who wanted to go with her. It was always better to have a companion, after all.
On the way to the beach, Maya would be passing by Jason's office, so she decided to pay him a visit. She knocked on the door, calling, "Jason? It's me, Maya. Can I come in?"

Soon enough, the Jacobs sisters were on their way to Tarla, their family-owned restaurant. It was a very small place with an even smaller staff, more of a cafe than an actual restaurant. Occasionally, during the summer their father would hire in more people. But most of the time, it was only the Jacobs and their regular cook, who had been with them since the girls were just babies. He was there as usual by the time they arrived, wearing his signature mile-wide grin. "Hi there girls," he greeted them cheerfully. They regarded him as an uncle of sorts, so close were they to him. They opened up the restaurant and began to make preparations, knowing the morning hours were their busiest.

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff